[yet Another] Massivetraits Idea

Discussion in 'Feature & Idea Discussion - Archive' started by Pyrooooo, May 28, 2014.

?

Is this a good idea?

1. Yes

4 vote(s)
    66.7%
  2. Nope.

2 vote(s)
    33.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pyrooooo

Pyrooooo Insert custom title here

Just a small one, this time, people:
    The MassiveTraits points system seems to be confusing a lot of people, and would appear to be backwards. Would it not make more sense to spend points on good traits, and spend debuffs to earn more points?
    This just seems to make more sense to me personally, and there's been lots of people asking why they have 0 traits points in help chat today, so I guess other people are the same.
    Thanks!

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. TheFinitePeach

TheFinitePeach The World's First Sentient Fruit

I agree it was slightly confusing but it doesn't take that long to get used to.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Pyrooooo

@TheFinitePeach
    I agree it doesn't take more than 5-10 minutes at the most, but that's 5-10 X 10,000 people, if you look at it from a staff perspective.

4. Madus

Madus Robot

It took me like 2 minutes to figure out on my own. But i just experiment wiht stuff untill i find out how it works. Fot other people it can be really confusing.

5. SacredTrout

SacredTrout Patriot

It took me seconds to figure it out... extremely self explanatory as I played around with it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Pyrooooo

Fine; the loud forum community may find it easy to work out, but have any of you seen help chat since the update?
    It's not so much that it's bad as it is, more that it would be better another way round.
    @Madus
    @SacredTrout

7. SacredTrout

SacredTrout Patriot

It's a new plugin to everyone, so obviously help chat will be like that for today... everything takes a bit more time for people to figure out.

8. Madus

Madus Robot

No I haven't seen the help channel. I left it or ignored it. And I agrees the other way around would be easier to understand.

9. SacredTrout

SacredTrout Patriot

10,000 =/= 250.

10. BadladBarbas

BadladBarbas Meme Connoisseur

I thought it was pretty easy to be honest. I had no problems.

11. Billy_Rage

Billy_Rage The heart of a lover, the soul of a writer

The man thing I see in chat is, brig back races, where are vampires? I know the traits are cool but I liked races.

This annoys me since they would not say this if traits turned to races. They would complain about races. So maybe in the future they will have race trait bundles, allowing to to quickly get the perks that would fit the race you want.

12. Kezlok

Kezlok Spooky

Well it took me a few minutes to learn the commands and a few hours to go through the traits, set a build up and stuff.

Easy

13. Madus

Madus Robot

This should be fixed now
    That is from the website. So we will se changes to that in the future.

14. Ethanol2906

Ethanol2906 Refugee

While yes, at first its hard to understand, it's also brilliant. I'm hoping anyone that understands it will agree. The current system allows a limit on the amount of points to use and in turn, a balance of good and bad. A person can't be OP without a few weaknesses with the current system. In my opinion the system chosen is perhaps the most genius management system for the plugin

15. illogicalleaf314

illogicalleaf314 Regalian Pioneer

The number of people who play on the server is wayyyy more than that. I remember there was a statistic about 1,000 unique players a day at one point? It's not the same 250 people playing 24/7 you know.

On topic: Of course things are going to confuse people at first, that's what change does. If it takes a couple minutes and maybe a confused question in help chat to understand, that's fine. Eventually people will work it out. There's no point making a big deal out of it so early into the plugin's debut on Massive.

16. SacredTrout

SacredTrout Patriot

10,000 =/= 1,000

17. Pyrooooo

@SacredTrout
    Would you like me to go and get the total figure of people with MassiveCraft forum accounts rather than, say, doing something useful?
    EDIT: 5, 605 > 1000
    And that's just the people on the forums; I know at least a quarter of the people I know IG don't have forum accounts.
    But please, can we get something useful done? 10,000 or 1,000, the point still stands.

18. Gwyndo

Gwyndo Scottish Egg

The moment I opened my trait menu, I figured it out and got all the traits I need/want.
    The only thing I don't understand is why other people seem to be struggling.

19. Deadfoe51

Deadfoe51 Help

I could see why some people may get confused.. However I wasn't (Then again.. I play paper, pencil, and dice roleplaying game.. Which have systems exactly like this.), but that does not mean some people wouldn't be confused.. Here i'll give a quick demonstration of how it makes sense.. So lets say you have something that costs 20 points so buying it is +20 points in cost, and getting something that is -20 points deducts the overall value of the positive one. Also.. The whole 0 points thing; that was easy for me, it means 0/100 or 0/150 points spent.. So I was perfectly fine with that.

20. Lizmun

Lizmun yeah Staff Member Lore2

Only thing I'm struggling with is what traits I should use for my character... So many to choose from :o

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.