The Much Heated And Much Debated Topic Of Erp

Discussion in 'Feature & Idea Discussion - Archive' started by SilverShakez, Apr 12, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SilverShakez

SilverShakez

ERP is something partaken in by a very sizeable group of people here on Massive. I will not go into any detail about the matter itself, as this is in no way an appropriate place to talk about that, but I instead would like to address the current regulations surrounding it.

Current server rules about ERP, or so I have been told, state that ERP is not to be partaken in using local or emoticon chat,with no exceptions. It states that people are required at all times to partake in said actions solely in private messages. What I have an issue with, is why exactly should I not be able to ERP at MY base if I do so in a sealed off area that would make it so the ERP is not being done publicly? I can understand not wanting people to be ERPing in local and emoticon chat in places such as Regalia and world spawns, but I feel making it so that a person can't do so at their own base, even if they have taken proper precautions to make sure it was being done in a private area, is way too much. What if there is more than just two people involved? How would private messages work then? The need to use such chats as local and emoticon is very prevalent in mine, as well as many others eyes.

So the main point I am trying to get across here is that I feel people should have the right to ERP in their base, so long as they make sure they are not doing it publicly. I am asking that the server rules and regulations surrounding ERP be retaken into consideration. I ask that you give the people the right to ERP in local and emoticon chat, given they abide by the privacy requirement.

I thank you for your time and consideration.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. patrickdxs

patrickdxs Forum Warlock

I believe the guidlines for ERP have changed from what you have posted. I believe the new rules sum up to this. "Any reports or evidence of ERP can and will get you banned."

3. VaseFruit

VaseFruit Shadow of Hisoka

Well, the rule is there for people to not abuse it.

As far as you know no one can overhear you, I think it's fine using local, as far as the people you are RPing with are fine with this kind of RP.

4. TechPac

TechPac I am prettiest Princess!

...i dont mean to sound like an ass but, why does it matter? If youre allowed to in private, why worry about in another chat

5. SilverShakez

SilverShakez

The only reason I even bother to try and fight to have it approved for use in local and emoticon if they truly are in a private situations is because sometimes it is more than just 2 people. There are no private message groups so you can all see everything each other says in private messages. This therefore makes it ultimately impossible for groups of more than 2 to ERP. I also feel like one should be able to ERP so long as they are in private. Currently though, they could be 100 blocks below the surface in a locked off room ERPing and it still wouldn't be considered "private" by server standards.

6. SilverShakez

SilverShakez

That was a little unnecessary. And for your information, if you think the reason people turn to ERP is b/c they can't find any relationships in real life, well I apologize but I have to tell you that you are sorely mistaken. Everyone has their guilty pleasure, and for MANY, ERP is their guilty pleasure.

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. babaMP3

babaMP3 innocent until proven filthy Supremium

With the server's grand spectrum of players (in context to age, culture, religion, etc.), it is within the server's interest to keep a general PG-13 or so atmosphere. Of course, if you were in a rather private location in whichever world doing whatever, you'd be fine, but on the basis of ERP the server and its staff would rather not take any chances. As such, you must commit any ERP via private message. I don't really see a problem in the rule as it stands. In fact, I like to think it's for everyone's betterment. After all, it'd be rather awkward for survival map explorers to casually walk in on that..
    @Hellfire69

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. Jemsbe

Jemsbe ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ

Allow me to interject, regardless of the location private or not, any and all ERP must be conducted within private channels, this is a long standing server rule and there are plenty of warnings about this, I find this thread to be rather dis-concerning to the rules and do question the stability of your mind. That being said, if you wish to conduct any group ERP.. What's stopping ou using Skype?

9. Ben_2025

Ben_2025 Regalian Burgher

I tend to disagree with you there, statistically the chances of both parties engaging in this ERP being completely honest with each other are rather slim. The issue with ERP is that while it may be appropriate to do such things with people, it is not however reasonable to do with a child. This is the issue, really you can never truly know what people are like unless you meet them face to face so the issue with ERP is strife with problems like these.

Personally ERP is worrisome as there is the danger as Azas pointed out you could be speaking with someone who claims to be a 20 year old woman who is actually a 60 year old man. I understand that people can maintain relationships online, that is fine, but there are still people who would take advantage of that position.

• Agree Agree x 7
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.