Xavier Velasquez

Discussion in 'Character Sheets' started by coldestkiller, Jan 14, 2023.

1. coldestkiller

coldestkiller

Character Info
    • Full Name: Xavier Velasquez
      • Alias(es): Mason and Xander
      • Nickname(s): Xav, Avi
    • Race: Daendroque Ailor
    • Eye Color: Gray
    • occult: Ex-Sanguine
    Core Concept
    Xavier is an ex-merchant and sailor, touched by trauma in a few ways but still moving ever onwards. In fights, he's learned to use cutting words just as much as his fists in a (hopefully) successful attempt to get an opponent to lose composure. He is fiercely loyal to his friends, but at once tries to keep them at a distance, warring with himself over how much he can care or do for people in his life.

Proficiencies
    • Strength: 7
      • Technique parry, Concussive blow, Weapon throw (free), bruiser slam, Bruiser stance (free), Bruiser Agony, Bruiser Feint, Bruiser parry (ailor buff), Force toss, steady body
    • Constitution:7
    • Shield cover (Free), debuff endurance, rage counter, Rebound, shield block, Shield Deflect, shield snare, Shield taunt
    • Wisdom:0
    • Dexterity: 0
    • Magic: 0
    • Charisma: o
    Abilities & Specials
    • destined Familiar (Dog)
    Languages
    • Common (Free)
    • Droque (Native)
    • Skodje
    • Alt
    • Kriv
    • Gal
    • hellas
    • D'ithanie

Appearance Info
    • Abnormalities: Xavier appears mundane and in average health and capability but with many scars around his body and noticibly a large lightning like scar across his right eye and a scarred slit on his throat with Several Scarred over sanguine bitemarks next to it
    • Appearance: Xavier is about 6'1, with lightly tanned skin one Brown eye and one white eye. His hair is black and just past chin-length with some pirate type beads in his hair, and he would have a golden lip piercing as well as golden bracers.
    Life Story
    • Childhood: Xavier was born Mason Valesquez to a Daendroque couple known for their cunning in trade and adventurous spirits. His life began in Middeskag, where his parents settled down long enough to have and raise him while still traveling between the other of the Three Skags.
    • Adolescence: As a child, Xavier wanted to explore the nearby island of Barratt, and as his parents would not allow him to, he took his family's dinghy and set course. Unbeknownst to him, the stories people were too scared to tell were true: he was struck by one of the Gaius statues along the rim of the islands, the boat exploding during the accident, and the event leaving him with both a lightning scar over his right eye and a deep fear of the ocean. A Regalian patrol boat picked him up and brought him home, compensating his parents for the boat and their son's wounds. This money was enough for them to buy a larger boat, and the family set off, ready to sell anything and everything they could get their hands on and sell for a profit elsewhere.
    • Early Adulthood: The Valesquez family began a major journey, and stopped by many places: the Regalian Archipelago, where they traded and built up some more wealth; Etosil, where they picked up a few Undead crewmates (who hid their statuses very well); the outskirts of the Sundered Lands, where Teledden were met; and the waters of Ïlha Faiaal, which would be Xavier's parents' resting place. The boat was attacked for the Undead crew they held by fanatic Daphalar Fin'ullen who believed them to be abominations trespassing in their waters. While Xavier hid safely under the deck (his thalassophobia providing for once a boon), all but him were slaughtered. He barely managed to maneuver the ship to shore, where he used his family's small fortune to purchase a new crew. After recovering he continued: past the Dread Empire and to the Suvial Princedoms, and to the northern point of Kezzeret Artamon. On his way to the western peak of Sovereign Ithania, a storm blew him off course, and he and his crew ended up landing upon the shores of Drowda, specifically Lirranna, where most of his crew was picked off by Drovv Spiders. While this trauma was enough to instill in Xavier a strong fear of spiders, the local Sihndar pointed him and his remaining crew correctly to Ithania. After once more recovering, a pit stop in Èriu-Innis was enough to get him back to Regalia.
    • Why Regalia: Why not try out the capital of the world if you're looking for a fresh start?

Thank you to @MippyMoo for her help on the application!

• Winner Winner x 3
    #1 coldestkiller, Jan 14, 2023
    Last edited: Feb 21, 2024
  2. Lizmun

Lizmun yeah Staff Member Lore2

Hello @coldestkiller , I will be reviewing your application!

Middeskag is a very strange place for

a Daendroque to begin their life, seeing as it is 1) very far from Daendroque cultural lands (their heartland is an ocean away, on another continent!), and 2) Middeskag is in the dead center of Velheim cultural territory. Can you provide a reason for chosing to have your character born in Middeskag, and not a Daendroque area?

Okay, your life story is very big in that there are a lot of things I could comment on, so I will not reply to every nitpick, instead,m I will add an overall review:

Your character has been to a LOT of places, all of which are... very far away from each other. Your character is only 19, and it's not unreasonable to think he didn't start his journey until he was considered an adult. Classically, that should be 18, but I'll be generous here and assume you mean he started at 16. Even in 3 years, that isn't nearly enough time to meaningfully stop at all of the places you've mentioned, maybe only one or two. So, I will offer the following suggestions:

1) If you want your character to be as well traveled as he is, I suggest age him up. Maybe to mid to late 20's, but I think 30's would even be good. If you do not want your character to be that old, I suggest making him less well traveled: Perhaps have Regalia be his first stop, rather than his last, and have him aspire to travel the world, but still learning how to be out on his own.
    2) I suggest changing your character's place of origin, or his culture. If you'd like him to be Daendroque still, have him come from either a Daendroque cultured area in the Archipelago (Such as Girobalda), or have him from Daen itself. If you do not want to change his place of origin, I suggest making him Velheim.

3. coldestkiller

coldestkiller

my reason for choosing this is because his parents had moved there before he was born. I just also thought it'd be a good way to have it known his parents were sailors early on taking him on trips with him when they sailed even as young as he was.

I also made some fixes to the age and some of the proficiencies.

if you could look it over and let me know asap if this is good or if there are still some things I need to fix
    @Lizmun

• Winner Winner x 1
    #3 coldestkiller, Apr 9, 2023
    Last edited: Apr 14, 2023