Ministry Of Law | Decree 001

Discussion in 'Regalian Roleplay' started by Rowet, Jan 11, 2023.

Tags:
  1. Rowet

Rowet support main Supremium

THE FOLLOWING HAS BEEN APPROVED BY THE MINISTRY OF TRUTH

FROM THE DESK OF THE MINISTER OF LAW
    HER EMINENCE, SUZENVAELA FELAADAR BEL-ALLORNAVAAL
    ELEVENTH OF JANUARY, THREE HUNDRED & ELEVEN CYCLES AFTER CATACLYSM

[​IMG]

Amidst my appointment to the Minister of Law by the lovely State Governor & Countess of Ivenna, Fabienne du Poncaire - I write this decree to swiftly communicate my appreciation to the Crown & acknowledge that I now have a responsibility to uphold towards the people of this Empire, and I will do such to ensure the safety of our communities.

This document will have many things written by my hand, but I will give credit where it is due. The first & former Minister of Law Aleksandra Dragic has originally written the topics: Civil Court, Inquests, & Illegal Afflictions.

I communicate to the citizens of the Empire that the Ministry of Law is now seeking at least three Justicars & one other scribe. Criminals need not apply! Those who are illiterate need not apply!

[​IMG]

On the Subject of the Ministry of Law

Minister of Law:

• The right to propose laws, whether that be new ones or alterations of existing ones, to the Crown.
    • The right to employ & dismiss Justicars at will.
    • The right to organize Inquests, & work with the State Metropolitan when it comes to trials.
    • The right to hold inquests & trials.
    • The right to approve inquested citizens who prove their worth to the Great Way & the Empire.
    If a new Minister of Law is appointed, all Reprieves are considered null & void, except those granted Soulburdened Status by the Princes and/or Emperor.

Justicars:

• The right to hold inquests & trials.
    • The right to deny citizens of an inquest.
    • The right to recommend a citizen to the Minister of Law for approval.
    Current Official Justicars:
    • Grafin Kaya Sorenvik.
    • Mister Sihn-Baeldeth Daevaar.
    • Count Matviy Shcherbyna.
    Scribes:
    • The right to record a trial or inquest’s proceedings through a journal & pen.
    Current Official Scribe(s):
    • Her Eminence, Suzenvaela Feladaar Bel-Allornavaal.
    • Miss Mare.
    [​IMG]

On the Subject of the Civil Court
    Firstly, following the precedent of the second & former Minister of Law, Jonathan Braunschweiger, the Minister of Law states that the Ministry of Truth will be reserved to elect one official to send to any trial, to act as a Truth Counselor.

The Truth Counselor’s rights:

• To evaluate evidence or witness statements based on truthfulness, and potentially disregard them.
    • To act as an advisor to the Justicar &/or the Minister of Law.
    The Civil Court will be set once the Lord Commissioner requests the Minister of Law to assign a Justicar to preside over a trial.

After discussion & arrangements, the Minister of Law will then announce a trial date - with the consent of both the Justicar & Speaker in question.

The court proceedings will begin once the Justicar steps into their pulpit and announces the opening of court. There may or may not be a jury depending on the opinion of the Justicar. The Justicar will ask for the Defense to step up to the Plea Maker’s stand and for the Prosecution to step up to the Accuser stand. The witnesses will be asked to sit in the witness benches.

The defense will begin by having the speaker state their plea before having the rest of the defense support their statement. The prosecution will then be called up by the Justicar to counter the claims of the defense. The defense will then be given the chance to counter the prosecution’s remarks. Witnesses will be called by the prosecution or defense during their time to question them.

The Justicar will step back into the deliberation room when they are ready to make a decision and will go over all information presented. When they have done so, they will step out onto the pulpit and explain their decision. The Justicar will then close the court and dismiss all in it.

[​IMG]

On the Subject of Inquests

Proceedings shall begin with the official opening of court, by the Justicar, who will have officialized a regular time of attendance & who is expected to make it public knowledge. The Justicar will announce themselves and call the speaker to the stand. The speaker will be evaluated & questioned in any way seen fit by the Justicar, including hypothetical scenarios & inquiries regarding morality & general demeanor.

Following this - the prosecution will be asked to the stand firstly & will present their evidence, arguments & witnesses to interrogate. The Justicar may intercede at any time during this phase and may ask questions to the witness as deemed necessary.

The defense will then be allowed to bring forth their argument in support of the speaker. They will similarly have the power to provide evidence, testimony and witnesses.

Finally, a judgment will be passed by the Justicar, which will either recommend approval from the Law Minister, or reject the proposal of the speaker. This will end the formal proceedings of the Inquest.

If the speaker is illegally Afflicted, they have exactly seven hours to leave the courtroom and to find their way away from the streets of Regalia in order to give them a chance to hide away once more in Boroughs or in the sewers.

[​IMG]

On the Subject of Illegal Afflictions

The Crown Regent has identified the following distinctions below as ‘particular entities of threat & imminent danger to the Great Way & the Empire in being’. These entities remain universally banned in the City of Regalia (the law does not apply to Boroughs, such as Crookback or Fairbanks) unless given reprieve by the Ministry of Law strictly following an Inquest in which they can identify explicit value to the Great Way, or the Empire:

• › 'Vampire'
    • › 'Cahal'
    • › 'Geist'
    • › 'Undead'
    Reprieve granted to one person of a particular surname, grants reprieve to all persons of that surname, with responsibility of good conduct levied on the holder of the reprieve. I would like to remind the general public, if you are Afflicted with any of these false realities & step foot within the City, I cannot promise your safety.

The Crown Regent has identified the following as 'particular entities of medium threat & imminent aggravation to the Great Way & the Empire in being', these entities are Legal with stipulations:

• › 'Silven'
    However, these stipulations are:
    • A. These particular entities are not to be employed by an individual, business or organization without a reprieve by the Ministry of Law.
    • B. These particular entities are not entitled to property ownership or personal property rights or citizenship classification, though will be protected as domestic aliens as defined by Residency (thus banning any violence committed upon them without reason).
    Additionally, this Residency qualification is rendered null and void if such a person is employed by the State Military or State Metropolitan.

Please, if you have any concerns or qualms, I am a letter away. I enjoy company, tea & a calm discussion where you may air your grievances.

Signed & officiated by the emblem of the Ministry of Law,
    Her Eminence,

[​IMG]
    The Minister of Law
    [​IMG]

OOC NOTES:
    TL;DR: The newly appointed & fresh-faced Minister of Law essentially repeats how each court still functions. All Afflictions are still illegal. Silven are classified as a medium threat. Vampire, Cahal, Geists, & Undead are imminent threats. Marken are not officially recognized by the State - however please refer to Occult Law.
    If you’d like to arrange an IC meeting to discuss, or to make your claim for an Inquest - Rowet#1750 is my Discord. Cheers!

• Powerful Powerful x 18
    #1 Rowet, Jan 11, 2023
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2023
  2. Rowet

A swift addendum has been made after a certain Countirh made the Minister aware of an error!
    • The entities known as 'Archon & Godborn' are perfectly legal & do not need a reprieve, they are citizens as stated by the Crown. Apologies for the error!

3. Lizmun

Lizmun yeah Staff Member Lore2

A notice is pinned under one of these notices, written in brash, big letters. Though, the hand writing was deceptively calligraphic.

WHAT ABOUT DEMON SUMMONERS.

ARE THEY PROTECTED CITIZENS OF THIS GOOD EMPIRE.

孙黑山
    Sun Heishan

• Immersive Immersive x 1
    • Educated Educated x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. Rowet

A letter is swiftly tacked next to the bold, calligraphic letters of the dedicated Red Hunter. It's.. somewhat glittery, though it doesn't get everywhere when you touch it - and cutesy. Elegant, too! [ @Lizmun ]

- [| |] -

Addressed to miss Heishan Sun,

As dictated by Occult Law & the Crown - the 'Demon Summoners' you speak of - otherwise known as Theurgists in the Ceardian tongue, Karmatologists (Suvial), or Tharracologists (Kathar) - are strictly arrest-on-sight in the City of Regalia (should they be suspected of utilizing Demons or have been witnessed doing such) unless they have a divine reprieve from the Palace. They should not stray outside of the Crookback Borough or the sewers unless they possess evidence of this reprieve. The only ones exempt from this law are citizens who are Suvial.

I would appreciate it if you came to my office or sought me out in person so I can answer any questions you may have! I do love to talk.

Hope to see or hear from you soon,
    Her Eminence
    [​IMG]
    The Minister of Law

• Winner Winner x 1