Nothing's Worth The Risk

Discussion in 'Regalian Roleplay' started by Rowet, Oct 26, 2022.

Tags:
  1. Rowet

Rowet support main Supremium

[ There was only a single parchment that was nailed to Crookback’s board. Unlike his other missives where he left many copies, this was the lone one. Scribed in bold & slow letters, even if the handwriting was messy - The corrupted author wanted to get his point across. ]

What should I say?

I really think this was a long time coming. On the evening of April 28th, 309 AC, an hour before the day moved onto the 29th - It became only Llewyn Omaberos versus the world. He’s spent so long trying to escape & run from the chains of his past. When he thinks he’s liberated, when he thinks he’s gotten a breath of fresh air, a moment of respite to rest - It’s behind him, looming. Or in a certain case, right in his face. And yet again, I’m left to pick up the pieces of a broken man and weaponize this anger that’s bubbling in my chest & is overwhelming, at times. Llewyn didn’t know he still had it because he’s repressed it so far back and never looked back at that emotion.

I think he’s too forgiving, really, to the three children that he grew up with that aged into unrecognizable monsters. I’ll start with the most damning pair.

To Alban Koning & Harlow Ketch:
    You both have condemned someone into an infinite cycle of running & hiding from things out of his reach & control. And for what? To pat yourselves on the back for getting rid of a ‘Vampiric criminal’? To stop a menace?

Barbarically decapitating him and crushing his head, and leaving Llewyn to pick up the pieces & making him believe he’s long accepted that Ayas was going to die. Indirectly punishing him to see his lover’s body be burned to nothing but ashes. Maybe you two spared some words to him, maybe not - But the silence from others there, the cries from Llewyn, and the crackles of Ayas’ body being used as kindling was deafening. So was the stench of burnt flesh, honestly.

You two watched him grow. Llewyn chased after Harlow, desperately wishing to catch up to his level. Llewyn relied on Alban a lot, growing up. And yet you both did this to him, and expected him to let go and move on. Loss is a permanent wound, one that words or actions cannot ever mend. I know you two use Ayas’ death as a point of stating your prowess, that you were able to take down an immortal Sanguine that had Venna’s gift.

I truly hope you’re happy with yourselves.

To Ailred Drulviirn:
    You protected Llewyn a lot from tormentors growing up, as he was pushed by his parents to make friends. He was small and meek, and would flinch if someone looked at him remotely odd, cowering behind someone - That someone was typically you. He was an easy target. You protected him during your stay in Regalia, too.

And yet, despite your promise, you turn to the Dragon who wants to eradicate all forms of Magic from the world for worship. Who turns to full-blown genocide of Mages, Silven, Afflicted - Anything to do with extradimensional magic at all. It’s only a matter of time before you turn against him, too. I know you said to him that you hunt primarily Cahal, and sometimes Vampires. That there will be no more Ayas’ if you eradicate all traces of the Vampiric blessing. That there will be no more Loreleis if you eradicate Cahal.

No matter what you do, Ailred, there will always be traces of the Vampiric blessing. It’s hiding in plain sight. Cahal are more obvious, and I will not speak for them because they’re insignificant. You can get rid of them. I won’t stop you.

To those that will inevitably come after me:
    You are not heroes. You are not helping him, or saving him. You are going to commit an act so barbaric, and once again, leave him to pick up the pieces alone. You can spare yourselves the trouble because it’s inevitable that I’ll be back. Somehow, someway, I will be back, whether he likes it or not. The past never dies.

I would write to more people that dare call themselves Llewyn’s friends & allies, but, I think I’ve taken up enough room.

Signed,
    Llewyn Omaberos ‘Oma’
    I love Llewyn being an overly dramatic moron. It's definitely reasonable to assume ICly that he's infected again.
    Anyone who's reading this: Feel free to hunt him. Or don't. Depends on what your character would do.
    RP is RP so I don't mind if he's immediately ganked & cured. I do ask for a cool anime battle though!

OOC tags:
    @fantuinn @notjayp @War_pig

• Powerful Powerful x 12
    • Immersive Immersive x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. trent_rouls

trent_rouls That Red Haired Nerd. Staff Member Lore2

The Lord Commissioner gazed towards the board, though slowly, and with purpose he placed his reply to this--cursed and pained notice, making his way from the burrow after.

"It Seems we find ourselves on this path again, Wyn, you go out in pain, and end up in a fight you cant win, and from the ashes of that, Oma is born again, perhaps you are separate, perhaps you are not, you show me the pain time and time again, but i'm not fool enough to think that I alone am enough when everything goes wrong, time and time again.

I do know this however, you can say as much as you like about being left alone to pick up the pieces when...or if your saved again, you can claim to be left alone as many times as it takes to make the world believe that, but we both know that, just isn't true, and you know i'm stubborn enough to prove that to you, as many times as it takes.

I'm sorry the world keeps--no, people keep taking your choice away, and leaving you like this again.

I love you my friend, and one day, i hope thats enough."

The notice wasnt signed, yet for its intended reader, it was all too clear who wrote it.

@Rowet

• Immersive Immersive x 2
    #2 trent_rouls, Oct 26, 2022
    Last edited: Oct 26, 2022
  3. DedJok

DedJok skilled in ways beyond your feeble understanding Staff Member Lore2

Alviem could be seen posting a note beneath for the original author. Anyone could wonder what the Haat Maraya could be meaning by this.

[​IMG]

@Rowet

• Powerful Powerful x 7
  4. Lizehrd

Lizehrd Lizard and Chill

A single note is left pinned to the board, written in shaky, uncertain script. It was nothing beautiful, nothing recognizable, nothing elegant, merely a single weak sentiment beneath the other responses:
    ༺═──────────────═༻

Had I known, I would have been
    a better friend, Wyn. I’m sorry
    for all the world has failed you.
    I hope one day it’ll be okay.

One day, you’ll be free of this.

༺═──────────────═༻​

5. fantuinn

fantuinn most honest biped in athens Staff Member Lore2

He pauses by his desk, gaze unmoving from the fanged skull positioned but five feet away. He meets its sockets, brought to frown by the upward shift of its sharpened teeth. Even now, he found something foul to smile about. There are a few moments of pensive silence, in consideration of the many things he would say were those empty pits still able to hear.
    Instead, he settles the cloth covering over the display, for what he hopes is the last time.

-

"Alethia must have drained the originality out of his veins. Cecil did it better."
    -
    @Rowet

• Winner Winner x 3