An Outcry

Discussion in 'Regalian Roleplay' started by MippyMoo, Oct 11, 2022.

1. MippyMoo

MippyMoo Resident Sad Corpse Man

One Finn McNamara puts up all these fliers—it's clear that the Anarchy Silven wrote the missive.

[​IMG]

Regalia is experiencing an upheaval.

The government wants to control our very thought. Not just what we do, but what we think and how we live our lives in our own homes. Unobtrusive religious beliefs could be upended; relationships with family and friends destroyed; important cultural practices could be neglected, ostracizing people of their own communities; and entire racial cultures could be stamped out. And for what?

The Minister of Truth's first decree states that control chips may have the following order on them: "Seek to serve the Empire in a lawful and productive manner." What will this do to us? Keep us from seeing loved ones when we instead have the chance to work? Ensure that we continue to work, even to our own deaths? Allow for free action ever again, for as long as we live?

Even the creation of the Ministry of Truth was ruled by the First Prince Reynaud. Even for loyal Unionists, you must know that this man is not your Emperor? Such upheavals in law and order should be ordained by your Vessel of the Everwatcher, not some empty upstart who does not have Divine Will on his side. In Evintarian Unionism, the greatest evil is "anything that attacks the mind, free will, or self-awareness." This government deigns to enforce one of their own sects' most holy evils? Impel their own people to commit their most hated sin?

The only ones who were willing to go this far were the Bralona High Command: those who, mind you, attempted to kill the very Emperor you are no longer following. The Bralona forced us to come and subject ourselves to their experiments, all for the sake of their own curiosity. How do we know that controlling us through the same means will not be used in the same manner? There is a very high likelihood that, because of the furor, zealotry, and delusion of the Minister of Truth's interpretation of Unionism, she might completely eradicate freedom—not just in law, but in one's very thought. Who is to stop her making a decree saying just this, and stealing away beliefs you've held true your entire life?

Almost all authority is fallible, and power easily corrupts: these apply to the Minister of Truth, Therese Braunschweiger. No one is perfect, even if they strive their entire lives to live by nothing but their religion's doctrine. Nothing stands between her and the temptation of favors, political gain, monetary gain, or social sway. After all, we recently saw the corruption of a Justicar at the hands of Haqet for their trial for legality. Who is to say no one could corrupt Ms. Braunschweiger in the same way?

While there are certainly religions whose practices can harm others, many have been allowed by the Emperor, most notably the faith of the Old Gods, Dragon Worship, and even non-Dogmatic Unionism. Given the aforementioned Dogmatic Unionist zealotry of the Minister of Truth, who is to stop her from outlawing such basic and harmless religions? Abandon our non-Unionist faiths, or even our non-Dogmatic Unionist faiths? Unionism's Evintarian tenets are so different from its Dogmatic ones that they may easily be stamped out by a single choice. Again, it is completely possible and under the jurisdiction of Therese Braunschweiger to issue a decree on non-Dogmatic Unionist thought, and their complete eradication—even of Unionism's own permitted sects, whose tenets we have established are being violated.

Even with these pitfalls, how do we know they will not program us with ideals not established in the Ministry of Truth's first decree? What is to stop them from adding the simple command of "Separate yourself from non-Unionists"? That would destroy families and friendships alike. "Forgive your enemies, no matter how dangerous their actions were"? That opens one up to physical harm from those they may have wronged or simply disagreed with. "Further the dominance of the Regalian Empire"? That can easily include the eradication of a people or culture who will not comply. How will we prevent them from forcing us to comply with even corrupt Constables? How do we know we will have control of ourselves?

Given the allowance of such horrible and drastic measures, we will become thoughtless automatons, only kept alive to serve. And that is not life. That is the defiling of our lifeless, absent bodies.

[​IMG]

To those citizens who are complicit: Please reconsider your stance. Thoroughly read what we have written, and think of your own place in this society. Consider your safety. Ask the right questions.

To the government putting these laws into place: You endanger the very people who you have sworn to help, the people you proclaim to protect. Can you make sure of your own "good hearts" and "just causes" when dealing with the free will of the many? Your reckoning will come, be it at our hand, another's, or even the Everwatcher's true Vessel.

To those who agree with us: Unite together freely. Join our cause. We cannot allow them to have our minds.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

tl;dr (please read we worked really hard on this)
    they will control us, fuck the Ministry of Truth.
    How do we know they won't program instructions other than what the Ministry said they would?
    Reynaud Kade isn't the Emperor, why are we listening to him?
    The only other people who used control chips were Bralona High Command. What if the Regalian Government abuses this like they did?
    The Minister of Truth is fallible, and could be controlled like the justicar over Haqet's Inquest.
    They can take away your (completely legal and allowed) religions.
    They can program us with anything they want.
    Fight back.

• Powerful Powerful x 21
    • Educated Educated x 2
    #1 MippyMoo, Oct 11, 2022
    Last edited: Oct 11, 2022
  2. microwavemmm

microwavemmm no such thing

The Minister of Truth is swift to return communication.

"I have an office that you can ask these questions in, instead of dramatically waiting for me to read them in the street. Anyway, no. This refers to occupying oneself with a career which is Empire-serving. This is kept subjective purely so that it can be left to the patient's mind to configure what they believe is productive enough. It could be something as small as barkeeping. Every little thing helps. This command is issued for those who have dedicated their lives to things like terrorism, and would literally be aimless without that additional code. We rehabilitate people, we do not make them miserable husks."

"I, like most of the Regalian Archipelago, am a Dogmatic Unionist. Our belief is to hold the Empire in the highest respect and authority. Please stop denouncing the Crown Regent."

"This is a genuinely laughable conspiracy. Self-explanatory. This isn't scientifically possible. I have also been a victim of Sanguine enthrallment, and I know the dangers of this amount of control. That is why I have surrounded myself with at least one person from every walk of life. This very much includes me appointing Occultists to my ministry. I am arguably liberal."

"The only thing that has stopped all of these radical commands from being issued is my decree. This emboldens the necessity and efficiency of my position. I have been in office one day, and have already legally ensured that this will not happen."

"Terrorism and High Law Crime. This is explicitly anti-Unionist. Please stop pretending like this isn't mindless panic. Take a breath, look at the stable state of the Empire, read my decree, and know that I am protecting your rights. If you wish to sort this out, do so in a LEGAL MANNER. There are many avenues for you to voice your concerns. LEGALLY."​

• Powerful x 4
    • Immersive x 1
    • Cuddles! x 1
    • Winner x 1
    • Useful x 1
  3. Yoggery

Yoggery Quiet and Falling

A Daendroque woman would think to herself when she reads this. Maybe she agrees? Who knows?

• Winner Winner x 1
  4. demon7sword

demon7sword The Witness sees all and watches all taunting...

((so wait does this mean that the rest of the bralona are coming?))

#4 demon7sword, Oct 11, 2022
    Last edited: Oct 11, 2022
  5. Zen_watermelon

Zen_watermelon

nope

6. Zen_watermelon

Zen_watermelon

A yanar steps outside their home to catch some fresh air, discovering the fliers. They furrow their brow, still undecided on the matter as they fidget with their hands, but the Silven's words spark something inside them.

"Well, someone had to say something."

• Winner Winner x 1
  7. AtticCat

AtticCat haeksen van regalia

Gwenfrewi squinted at the paper and then reread it again. Slowly, she lowered herself, holding it out so that her cat could 'read' it besides her. (Cot (the Cat) simply sniffed the page with interest at whatever smell lingered on it from the writer.)

"Disagreeing with the Crown Regent and then reacting by announcing blatantly anti-Regalian values seems... incredibly smart. I'm baffled, why has no one thought of that before?"

The copy was trashed.

• Cuddles! Cuddles! x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1