To The Citizens Of The Crookback Borough

Discussion in 'Regalian Roleplay' started by Hutydan, Oct 9, 2022.

1. Hutydan

Hutydan pfp by me

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Notices would be posted on every notice board, especially those within Crookback, all bearing a crow seal in red wax at the bottom. The crows seem to be watching the boards, beady eyes focused on every passerby. There were at least two or three crows in each location, mostly silent if not for the occasional caw.

To the Citizens of the Crookback Borough,

You may know me as Faust, the Mayor of Crookback.
    Regarding Llewyn Omaberos’s recent open letter, I have the following to say:

I do not wish for my intentions to be misconstrued, I truly do care for Crookback and its people, and I wanted to do good within the Borough. It was not a grab for power, it was dumb luck and a dream. In the grand scheme of things, my secretary's opinions would be listened to, I simply meant that mine was the heaviest out of those, seeing as I’m Mayor. Though I do recognize, like I said, “dumb luck and a dream” isn’t enough to carry a government.

Since I came to this city, I’ve done nothing but grow, and I believe a backbone comes with such things. I do strive to communicate, hence my agreement on holding such audiences, though I should have used my better judgment. I did not know it would delve into such chaos, and, when my sibling asked to attend in disguise, I blindly followed. They were there to support me, as I have general anxieties, and felt like I needed support from a family member. Morrigan showed up at some point, though not for the whole thing, and Salem was busy at the moment, hence Emile being brought along.

Stoloc was my secretary before any involvement, and I do not deny that Aldon was carrying the education project on his back. I’m frankly disappointed Llewyn did not take their grievances up with me, instead of publishing them for all to see, but I honestly cannot blame them, especially not when I thought to do the same about my grievances with someone else. Quentin is a lovely individual with a lot of good in his heart, he cares deeply about the clinic, so I also urge you to volunteer, except if you are undead.

About the matter of Harlow Ketch, I was fed information, about a possible coup, and his supposed plan of taking over Crookback, and I trusted it blindly. That one falls on me, for not checking both sides of the story, though I planned to speak to him later about it, without a bell involved this time. The words “akin to the Vampire Occupation” were harsh, but I am a paranoid man, my mind spun in circles and got the best of me. I regret the way I handled things.

I did take a hard look at myself, and I have for the past few days. I am taking a stand, in the opposite direction. This is no longer what I want from my life. I was much happier as the fortune teller everyone thought was a little goofy but meant well, I wish for that again. I was much happier when my own friends weren’t taking jabs at me, when people didn’t know my name, though arguably they still don’t know it, and I much rather it that way. Some people aren’t fit to rule, and that’s okay. This decision was in the making, already, as just today I already discussed it again with a friend, Llewyn’s letter simply hurried the process of posting this. You may still reach out to me, as Faust.

I thank each and every one of you who stood beside me while I attempted to grasp things. Aldon, Llewyn, Stoloc, Bennet, Harlow, Quentin, Yarehuani, and far many more. Those who wished to fund us in some capacity, such as your Ladyship Aurora Mina Viddugla, Countess Yera Silvertongue, Saurian Hyloor Boskovic, and others. Those who continued to volunteer, especially but not limited to those who volunteer at the clinic. Those who put up with me, every single citizen who believed in me, and even those who opposed me in a way that instigated growth. I’m thankful for all of you.

With all that said, I’ve decided to resign from my position as Mayor.
    Best of luck to the next person who picks up the mantle.

Faust ‘Stefan’ Florin
    Friend, Mothcrow sibling,
    And above all else, Fortune Teller.

[​IMG]
    1. Intentions
    2. Accusations: Being spineless, Emile
    3. On the matter of the secretaries, as well as Llewyn, and Quentin
    4. About Harlow
    5. Closing remarks
    6. Thanks

Tags, in order: @retsag118 , @Rowet , @Grimmsome , @fantuinn , @Lizehrd , @DedJok , @Naramm , @Audianna , @Ewdrawings , @_Chui

• Winner Winner x 8
    • Immersive Immersive x 1
    #1 Hutydan, Oct 9, 2022
    Last edited: Oct 9, 2022
  2. Hutydan

Hutydan pfp by me

[​IMG]
    A small addendum was added, in an extra piece of paper:

As for whoever is appointed next, that is not up to me, it is up to the Crown.
    [​IMG]

3. bwmwags3

bwmwags3 Refugee

The Isldar breaths, “For the Best, It’s extremely hard to work in politics especially in a place like this. Hopefully this’ll help Faust move forward…and let someone else take the reigns.”

4. Lizehrd

Lizehrd Lizard and Chill

At the main notice board in Crookback, outside the Emporium, a single letter is pinned, penned by a surprisingly delicate hand with the familiar handwriting of a certain Changeling. At its bottom it’s stamped in blue wax with a seal of a curling wolf biting a bat’s wing.
    ༺═──────────────═༻
    To Any Reading This,

I would like to take this moment to say, first of all, that I write this as a response to both the letter written beautifully by my good friend Llewyn and the resignation of Ex-Mayor Faust, also a good friend. I’d also like to say that the person beside you might not be able to read this whatsoever. So before people critique me for trying to build an education program for children in Crookback, I will defend myself by saying that it’s not just for children. It’s for today as much as it is for tomorrow.

Now, with that feather having been pinned to my cap, I’ll write bluntly now. Before anybody goes around spewing excessive balefire and brimstone over anybody involved in the current (previous?) Crookback Council, unless it’s yours truly, without any true critique or criticism, I just ask that you all stop and consider for a moment. Everybody on the council is not only human, not only trying to look out for themselves and their own, but they genuinely meant well and tried.

I think it’s admirable to have tried and not succeeded, and it’s a lot more than a lot of other people have been brave enough to do. It’s one thing to ask for change, another entirely to be at the forefront of it and willing to get your hands dirty to make things happen. Yeah, maybe Faust wasn’t the guy for the job, but he still stood up and tried to be. That takes guts.

I invite anybody else with guts to try and do the same, because frankly Crookback probably needs people with guts. This borough isn’t going to get any better if people spend their time waiting around for somebody else to stand up. I know I’m going to be keeping up what I’m doing, regardless of all of this. And for the rest that don’t have the gall to try and fail, maybe think twice before spitting some profanity without any actual criticism or advice.

That’s my two pennies on the matter. I get anger, I get disappointment, I get just being an asshole too. But we try, we fail, we live, we learn, we brush off the dust, and then we keep moving forward. Now is as good a time as any to remember that.

Signed,
    Aldon Adeliason
    ༺═──────────────═༻

• Powerful Powerful x 5
    #4 Lizehrd, Oct 9, 2022
    Last edited: Oct 9, 2022
  5. bwmwags3

bwmwags3 Refugee

Dear Mr. Adeliason,

I would like to extend a offer to assist with the education program. As one who only gained a higher education by the charity of others. I would like to pay this forward if possible.

Sincerely,
    Miguel De Santez​

OOC: I will be back on monday to rp.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Lizmun

Lizmun yeah Staff Member Lore2

Heishan Sun was using a copy of this missive, taken from the street as crumpled up, discarded rubbish, as a practice in reading common. She wasn't yet good at recognizing the common alphabet - but, she was slowly getting the hang of it.

It was hours before she finished reading the otherwise very short missive. And it was an hour more of sitting by her scraped together campfire before she scavenged a mostly blank paper from a nearby notice board, and plucked a piece of charcoal from her fire.

It was time to practice writing.

• Powerful Powerful x 3