Cecilia Telvarie, The Criminal Doctor

Discussion in 'Character Sheets' started by Fluuudd, Feb 13, 2022.

1. Fluuudd

Fluuudd

Character Information

Full Name: Cecilia Telvarie
    Race: Half-Isldar (Death Cult), other half Finelands
    Sex: Female
    Sexuality: Homosexual
    Eye Color: Icy blue eyes

Core Concept

Once a staunch pragmatist, Cecile once strived to see beyond dogma and do whatever was necessary to help her patients. This noble cause, however, was corrupted by the Colossi, whose power she now sees as the only way to truly preserve life in Aloria.

Cecilia is possessed of an intense hero complex, feeling like her messed up experiments are truly helping society at large, and doing everything through those lenses. Furthermore, her early experiences developed in her a deep hatred and irrational cynicism towards all government institutions, to the point of outright refusing to work with state licensed doctors and defaulting to more shady methods.

Proficiency Information

Strength 1
    Short Blades

Constitution 0

Dexterity 4
    Stealth Pack
    Parkour Pack
    Backup Pack
    Mute Pack

Wisdom 6
    Dimenthist Pack
    Volcarum Pack
    Common Alchemy Pack
    Morphing Alchemy Pack
    Obstructive Alchemy Pack
    Healing Alchemy Pack

Magic 3
    Flesh Magic
    Glamour Magic
    Whimsy Magic
    Curemaster
    Blood Magic
    Cosmic Magic
    Time Magic

Half-Isldar (Death Cult) Base Kit

Highborn-Cahal Base Kit

Languages:

Common (Free)
    Ithanian (Parent)

Appearance Information:

She is a short (5’6), slender woman of pale skin, average musculature and with a long face. Her most notable traits are her naturally white hair and in regards to clothing, most definitely her exaggerated, pointy witch's hat, which she uses to conceal her eyes when her illusions aren't enough.

Her Cahalic Form resembles a pale-skinned Praying Mantis from nature, that when used, shifts Cecilia into a theoretically larger but crouched form, with long, sharp-looking limbs and nonfunctional bug wings that were wet to the touch. Her head, however, would deviate from what one would expect from a Mantis with her extremely extended, beak-like maw and hundreds of eyes that replaced where her ordinary eyeballs would be with a quantity of eyes much like that of a fly. All of that would result in a facial shape that would almost resemble that of a plague-doctor's mask, along with the cold, analytical madness that it conveys and perfectly emulates Cecilia's maddened scientific obsessions. One thing that is not like a plague doctor at all, though, would be her beak-like mouth, which when opened would reveal a terrifying set of broken glass for teeth. Terrifying not because of its bite power which was minuscule, but the disease-ridden saliva that constantly spewed from its sharp edges.

Life Story

Born to a single mother in a big Ithanian city, it wasn’t long until Cecilia had to be admitted into an orphanage. The place was in the gutter of society, and she had to go nights without meals.

As she grew, the other kids began to call her names for her different appearance and long ears. Only later would she find out why, learning of the father who had abandoned her and her mother because non-full blooded Isldars weren't allowed back in the hold. Since then, she developed a deep hatred of Isldars.

When a particularly brutal Plague hit her city, she was forced to watch as friends and family succumbed to it. When she was old enough to understand that, she began trying to do something about it, scavenging through junk for materials and experimenting on corpses to learn medicine. Without a formal education, she had to rely on shady methods and alchemy to learn her craft throughout the years.

She traveled to Regalia, a city that she heard was rampant with social problems just like her homeland. In it, though, she would learn of the Exist, and become convinced of its undeniable power in furthering her research. Soon enough, she would become a radical, no different than the Priests she looks so down upon.

• Educated Educated x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
    #1 Fluuudd, Feb 13, 2022
    Last edited: Jun 27, 2022
  2. FutureTeller

FutureTeller Criminally mad with no batteries

Psst, small peer notice from a fellow rogue-character player.

You invested in Rogue Gift 1, but not the Sleight of Hand pack. You're gonna need the latter to pick-pocket people and use Rogue Gift 1.
    That's all, looking forward to seeing you in roleplay! o7

3. Fluuudd

Fluuudd

Isn’t rogue gift 5 the sleight of hand pack? :o

edit: oooooo I just re-read the page and realized my mistake. Dumb me, I wrote rogue gift instead of pack. Thank you for pointing it out!

4. Yurs

Yurs real life catgirl

Claimed for review! Expect a reply shortly

5. Yurs

Yurs real life catgirl

Howdy! App looks great for the most part, however there's a few things that need clarification before I can approve:
    • You currently only have 40 points spent, and no hobby points invested. I know there's a mention of it in the backstory, but would you like to leave ALL of these open for later IC learning or invest them into proficiencies now? Please leave a note in your proficiency section as well saying "x amount of points leftover" and "no hobby points spent" if you do decide to leave them open.
    • Which type of Ailor is your character, besides culturally? I'm assuming Fineland Ailor since you have the Medical Training boost, but please put a note somewhere on the app saying.
    • Are you using your Ailor Specials? You should be getting an additional 5 proficiency points from Seizing Innovation, an extra language from People of many Tongues, and a +5 Physical Stat from Seizing Destiny.
    • Additionally, please include the calculation for your Physical Stat. Guidance on this can be found here: https://wiki.massivecraft.com/Proficiency#Physical_Stat
    Once you've gone ahead and made these changes please go ahead and tag me for another review! ^^

6. Fluuudd

Fluuudd

What a quick review : D. Just went over everything, looks good? (btw, your pfp is the cutest thing I have ever seen) @Yurs

7. Yurs

Yurs real life catgirl

Looks fantastic! Thanks so much for the speedy corrections. I'm glad you like the pfp, it's from an artist on Twitter called @mofu_sand. They do super cute cat drawings!

APPROVED

8. Fluuudd

Fluuudd

@Yurs Quick update! Cecilia learned how to use the Control engineering, so now there are only 3 proficiency points left to spend! I highlighted the change in blue : )

9. Yurs

Yurs real life catgirl

APPROVED

10. Fluuudd

Fluuudd

@Yurs Heya! After playing Cecilia for a bit, I decided to give her a few changes if you don’t mind : )

1st) When I made the character, I didn’t know/forgot what the Isldar were. However, after learning about them, I realized that the half-Isldar race fit perfectly for Cecilia, both aesthetically and thematically.

2nd) I did some shuffling around with her proficiency points, to best fit what I have been playing her as.

and 3rd) Due to recent in rp happenings, Cecilia is now a Scor, and I have made some changes to reflect that (btw, I know that new section Core Concept isn’t necessary, but I just couldn’t resist it haha!)

I have colored all of the relevant changes for your convenience!

11. Yurs

Yurs real life catgirl

Howdy! In the future, when an app remains up for review longer than 48 hours, please feel free to mark it for Needs Reviewer to have someone else look over it promptly. Alternatively you can submit a request to the discord ticket bot and someone will pick it up ASAP. I say all of this as a preamble because I was unable to review apps for the past week or so, and given the sweeping changes you made this should not have kept the approved tag. In the future be sure to remove it when making any significant overhauls.

Getting into the review, here's some changes that need to be made:

APPEARANCE:
    • Illuviation cannot be used to hide afflictions. Unless the ability specifically states that it can hide the affliction, then it is impossible to hide.
    PROFICIENCY:
    • This current build is super stacked with high-skilled proficiencies. Currently the character is simple able to do far too much, being a Cahalic Engineering Alchemist Rogue Scholarly Combatant. Generally speaking we only allow a character to have 2-3 at most, with good reason, and for the backalley healer vibes you're going for some of these simply aren't necessary. I would recommend cutting back, such as removing Engineering entirely, ditching Roguery (which has either the incorrect amount of points or abilities listed anyways) and focusing on the cool Witchdoctor aesthetic. You may want to add Medical Training, as it's a bit odd for her not to have it in any capacity.
    Go ahead and make the following changes, and any others you may want to while editing backstory. I would recommend refining the Core Concepts and Backstory to be more concise for ease of reading/review, but otherwise it looks good. Go ahead and tag me once you've made the changes for another review, thank you.

12. Fluuudd

Fluuudd

@Yurs Hey! Sorry for the wait, busy week. As for the review, I actually absolutely agree lol. I got a bit excited about all the cool point buys in the wiki, and ended up wanting to get a bit of everything. As you said, though, it is a bit too much and distracts from the original Witchdoctor angle. I will do as you said with the exception of Control (because its actually relevant to current rps in the server and I can’t just retcon) and Familiar (because I got too attached to that pet :<) packs from Engineering if thats alright with you.

Before anything else, though, theres something I need clarified. I asked about the Scor thing before through a Staff Ticket, and the answer was that it is indeed possible to mask eye color with illusions as long as its up to three people at once. As such, it seems like I am getting contradicting information from different staff members. Could you, then, please re-check? After thats cleared about the Scor, I will change the app accordingly, as being possible to hide the eyes through illusions is a pretty important part of the char

13. Yurs

Yurs real life catgirl

It's no problem! I would advise being ready in advance for some of these features to potentially change / disappear, given the prof update will be posted for use in roughly a week or so. Illuviation, specifically, along with the affliction eyes will be removed; meaning the problem solves itself and won't require ability tinkering.

I reached out to double check, and you ARE still able to, but keep in mind that you need to DM everyone who is affected by Illuviation to check for Illusion immunities, which will likely make it cumbersome to use. So it's totally possible but inconvenient, if you wanted to keep using the ability that way.

Besides that, I would recommend swapping over from Engineering Familiar to something like husbandry arts. It's slightly more points, but you can keep your familiar through that. How difficult do you think it'd be to retcon the Control Engineering with the affected player? If you don't think it'll be used again, and is being kept around just because of that complication, I'd recommend sorting it out with them and seeing if there's another way to achieve the same end (through alchemy maybe, Cahal powers, or smth else. It's fine to bend the rules of some abilities in private RP with the other player's consent).

14. Fluuudd

Fluuudd

Hmm… Maybe it would be a good idea to kill two birds with one stone and switch her bloodline out for Aphar (which would give a familiar and mundane eyes). But if what you are saying is true, the problem should indeed just solve itself with the new prof system update. Since its only a week or so away, is it okay if we keep this review pending and wait for it to come out before I edit the app further (I will refrain from using any engineering or Cahal ability until then if so)? Would be awkward to write her as a whole new bloodline, play that, only for it to change in a week

15. Yurs

Yurs real life catgirl

Howdy! I'm super sorry this took so long, your app got lost in the shuffle and I completely forgot to reply. I generally do 30-40 apps in a week, so it's not uncommon that some of these get slept on. If that's ever the case, and your app takes more than 48 hours to be reviewed, please spam the shit out of me (or reach out to me on Discord) so I can follow up with you.

As for your question, nope! I don't think so at all. These retcons are somewhat commonplace because of how frequently Lore is updated and altered to suit the current playerbase. I'm fine with leaving this pending for the time being if you'd like time to sort out direction, and will be available if you ever have questions or want advice! Hope all goes well ^^

16. Fluuudd

Fluuudd

@Yurs Yeeeeah… Seems like the update isn’t coming anytime soon. There, I shuffled her proficiencies around and did the changes you requested.

17. Yurs

Yurs real life catgirl

Looks good!

APPROVED

18. Fluuudd

Fluuudd

@Yurs Updated the app to be in line with the proficiency update

19. Fluuudd

Fluuudd

@Yurs Forgot to bump since I haven’t been playing since a while, so… Bump.

20. Yurs

Yurs real life catgirl

Hi! Everything looks good. You may want to remove mention of Rotting Bite 1 in your Chalic form section, but that's a super minor change and can easily be done in post. Otherwise this is an easy approval c:

APPROVED

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1