Lesserknown's Music Shop

Discussion in 'Massive Marketplace' started by The Unknown, Jul 11, 2021.

1. The Unknown

The Unknown Regalian Noble

Hello.
    Welcome to my music shop!
    ---
    Music production is different to visual art production, and less common, so I’m going to include a bunch of information on this thread to ensure you know what you’re signing up for. If you have any questions, you can find me on discord! who?#6846

What I will produce:

(2 minute tracks)
    Woozy - chill electro-jazz
    just a little dude - crazy chiptune bullshit
    Drake ( @Caseyseal ) - chill, mysterious
    Qui'en ( @Naramm ) - Hades-inspired
    Estelle ( @CocoaCherry ) - chill, dark electroacoustic
    Keavy ( @Dunmeri ) - completely off the rails, breakbeat

(1 minute tracks)
    Vanessa ( @The_Roleplayer ) - heroic orchestral
    Mor ( @Cunoesse ) - wholesome, playful chiptune

(>2 minute tracks)
    (by special request; inquire for prices)
    Witch Hunter - hyper-villainous orchestral
    Snowfall - wintry orchestral
    Adelias ( @AshenRoman ) - dark orchestral

Prices:
    £20 ($24.36): ~2 minute track (up to 3 sections)

generally feels like a fair length
    £14 ($17.07): ~1 minute track (up to 2 sections)
    often feels short but more fleshed than a microtheme
    £8 ($9.75): microtheme (1 section)
    succinctly outlines the main theme with appropriate instrumentation
    maybe to come: cover art bundle
    maybe even a collab?? :eyes:​

Prices may go up or down depending on complexity, and may go up if substantial revisions are necessary. I will always let you know if I think something will cost more based on an edit or request.

I will be handling payments by invoice, meaning I will at some point ask for your email address.
    Invoices are easily payable by card, Apple Pay, and Google Pay (but not PayPal!)

Often it surprises people how long these take to produce; 2 minute themes can take up to 8-9 hours to complete! That said, I am trying to price things affordably, because I enjoy the work, and I want the experience. If you'd like to tip me (and by no means is it required) I have a Kofi page here for that very purpose.

The Process:
    (What to Expect)
    Often I will show you a keyboard-only demo as a first step in the process. These demos will tend to have mistakes in them, so don't worry; at this early stage I will just check that you are happy with the overall vibe of the piece, and from there, I will go on to instrumentalise, and update you with my progress as I go.

What I Need:
    (Reference and Descriptions)

Reference in the form of other songs you like/think fit the character is really helpful. It gives me an idea of the style of music that you enjoy, and a solid starting point - like visual references for a visual artist, I suppose.

Other than musical reference, a written description of the subject matter would be great. Relevant stuff to mention might be your character's job or the environment you would expect to find them in, or the tone of your event, or the attitude and public perception of your noble family. Race, culture and social standing could also be important. We can discuss details in Discord in addition to your description, and I can ask questions if I don’t fully understand.

Application Format:
    Song Subject: (in-game event, single character, backstory event, organisation, etc)
    Song Type: (2-minute, 1-minute, microtheme?)
    Description/Reference: (try to capture my imagination! a paragraph or two and an audio reference would be ideal)
    Do you accept the T&Cs:
    Discord: (you can forum DM me your tag if you want)

Terms & Conditions
    “I”, “me” etc describes lesserknown, the music producer. “You” describes the client/purchaser.

• You are commissioning me to make a piece of music inspired by a subject of your choosing; you are not purchasing rights to the music. This means you cannot resell, republish, or remix music that you commission here without my permission.
    • I will be putting my music on SoundCloud and YouTube. If you’d like to have the music published on another platform, let me know.
    • You and others are free to share any music I produce using the link(s) I will provide you (as long as you credit me).
    • I reserve the right to deny service, and may choose to cancel your order at any time before payment is completed. (This should only happen in emergencies, or if my situation drastically changes.)
    • I may change the price of the piece during production. If you are not comfortable with a price rise where I think it is fitting, we can discuss and come to a compromise, or you can ask to cancel the order.
    • Do not share demos that I send you as part of the production process without my permission. If you do, I may cancel the order and revoke access to the tracks.
    • Until payment is made, you may request to cancel your order, but I do not have to accept this request, and may insist on payment. I will never cancel a commission after an invoice has been sent.
    • If in doubt about a rule or looking for an exception, ask me.

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Immersive Immersive x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    #1 The Unknown, Jul 11, 2021
    Last edited: Jun 13, 2022
  2. The Unknown

#2 The Unknown, Jul 11, 2021
    Last edited: Jun 14, 2022
  3. CocoaCherry

CocoaCherry grandmother to all plants

absolute raw talent here, this MAD LAD

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  4. HodlinG

HodlinG owie Supremium

selling my pet tiger to pay for this

• Powerful Powerful x 1
  5. indyfan98

indyfan98 I'm not narcissistic. I'm just better than you.

Fellow music writer, I see! Greetings!

• Immersive Immersive x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  6. gnomery

gnomery avery, local they/themmie

Song Subject: Single Character
    Description/Reference: for my character keavy. something intense and fast paced though playful, maybe, as in loud and obnoxious, just like her. love the song you did for qui'en. here's some reference songs for the vibe [x] [x] [x] [x] [x]
    Do you accept the T&Cs: yes
    Discord: AveryWeen#1168

7. The Unknown

Accepted! Will shoot you a dm and get this started today or tomorrow :)

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  8. The Unknown

9. The Unknown

update!
    I've cleaned up the thread to be a lot easier to read, added a way to tip me (under payment info), PLUS a bunch of new options!
    all of them are cheaper and easier than the option i already had up! we now have half body and bust songs for sale. heheh.

10. FeatheredBlade

FeatheredBlade Local Imperial Knight Supremium

Description/Reference: My character Adelias. A knight tormented by his past, who embraced his vampire heritage; and seeks redemption for himself by bringing honor and glory back to the Von Kërle bloodline. Something dark, yet still hopeful, definitely on the orchestral side. He's a powerhouse of a man, clad in heavy armor and wields a massive battleaxe. A shield for others, his ambition to protect those he cares about will probably be his undoing, but the constant struggle of his bloodline is always there. A loose cannon, in a sense; always on the verge of snapping and going ballistic. Ambience that I've chosen for him is linked on his sheet, but I'll also mark them here. Artistic references are also on his sheet, but I can provide more. [x] [x]
    Do you accept the T&Cs: Aye
    Discord: Knight of the Ebon Blade#2150

11. The Unknown

Accepted! I will shoot you a DM shortly.

12. The Unknown

Closing the shop for a few weeks while I am away from my keyboard. The ongoing commission will of course still be completed.

• Friendly Friendly x 2
  13. The Unknown

Re-opened! I'm back.

• Winner Winner x 1
  14. The Unknown

HEY. punk
    I'm back again! And re-opening the shop.
    A few things have changed:
    Prices are down! And added USD conversions so you don't have to go look em up.
    Added a load of new example tracks and little descriptions so you can see what you wanna listen to.
    Did a little bit of cleaning up too.

15. HoaxHoodwink

HoaxHoodwink Mostly water Supremium

Song Type: 2-minute
    Description/Reference: My character is a Slizzar whose life is more or less in tatters after being framed, betrayed, losing their loved ones, and accidentally killing their mentor... despite all that and having to live in hiding, they've somehow found themselves in a situation where they often talk people through their own problems in life. While they can't help but feel tired and isolated, they like helping others and are genuinely happy to help. [X] [X] [X] [X] [X]
    Do you accept the T&Cs: Yes.
    Discord: Hoax#9334 Feel free to DM me anytime. The usual reason for me not responding right away is I'm sleeping, but in cases like that I'll get back to you as soon as I can.

16. The Unknown

Accepted! I'll shoot you a DM shortly :)