Havi

Discussion in 'Character Sheets' started by NebulousFilms, May 15, 2022.

1. NebulousFilms

NebulousFilms Supremium

Character Information
    Havi, Raven Feeder, The Hanged Seer, Mad One.
    Ailor
    Male
    Pale Blue Eye Color​
    Core concept
    Odin is Generally considered to be a Staargir, although some who follow the old faith may deny this fact, as Odin is perfectly able to see, aside from this, however, his face is adorned with the charcoal blackened markings that go around one’s eyes. He is a devout follower of the old faith.​
    Proficiencies
    Strength- 8
    Duelist Pack
    Heavy Pack
    Hunter Pack
    Skirmisher Pack
    Warrior Pack
    Unyielding Pack
    Fisticuffs Pack

Frenzy Pack
    Constitution- 2
    IronHeart Pack
    BruteForce Pack​
    Wisdom- 0
    Dexterity- 0
    Magic (Void)-3
    Breaking Pack
    Illusionism Pack
    Casting Pack​
    Charisma-1
    Pet Husbandry Pack​
    Abilities
    Strength
    Technique Parry
    Knockback Sweep
    Concussive Strike
    Pinning Throw
    Battle Flurry
    Steady Body
    Unarmed Mastery
    Berserker Fury
    Constitution
    Wisdom
    Dexterity
    Magic
    Magic Throw
    Altered Self
    Break Enchant

Charisma​
    Languages
    Common (free)
    Skodje (Parent)
    Ancient Speech language is left out by design

Magic Specials
    Arcane Wardrobe
    Altered Voice
    Chain Break
    Prison Break
    Time Cleanse
    Time Element
    Arcane Mastery
    Airwalking
    Surfwalking​

Appearance Info
    Odin generally looks relatively young, wearing Viking themed armor underneath a large cloak that can be easily moved to cover his entire body, but mainly looks similar to a shoulder cape when not in use. He has runes tattooed across his face and body, including his hands and fingers, which seem to shimmer when he wields magic. He also has two pets, both are ravens named Huginn and Muninn, who follow him everywhere.​

Life story
    • Odin was born in the deep north within a Velheim settlement. His father, Bor, a fierce warrior who was married to Bestla, Odin’s Mother.
    • In his early years, Odin was raised as both a warrior who was strong, as well as compassionate, he was also raised as a scholar, who was both rooted in the wisdom of the elders, and open to learn new things.
    • In early adulthood, Odin managed to perform the rituals required to show his devotion to not one, not two, but Four of the Old Gods. These Deities included Basjtur, Bev, Handrin, and Julvira. These four deities were the defacto core structures of his life, showing him many things, including, to his belief, a connection to them via magic.
    • Odin has come to Regalia in order to learn new things, and to seek those that still follow the old faith, to build his own group and allies.
    This Last section is mainly just filler to add in so that his numerous nicknames are explained, and go as follows,
    1. "Raven Feeder" is pretty self-explanatory, those he kills are normally devoured by his ravens.
    2. "Havi" refers to a name translating to "High One" A title of Respect toward one's wisdom
    3. "The Hanged Seer" refers to a time in Odin's Life where he hung himself from the branch of an elder oak tree in an attempt to provoke visions through near death experience.
    4. "Mad One" is derived from his previous action, most in his homeland and those that meet him in Regalia will likely refer to him as this due to his willingness to do just about anything for newfound knowledge.

#1 NebulousFilms, May 15, 2022
    Last edited: Oct 24, 2022
  2. Jouster

Jouster stutterer

Hello, I will be reviewing your application.
    • General
      • Staargir are meant to be soothsayers and no more in lore. You should not be a staargir and a combatant at the same time. If you want to still be a staargir, please remove the strength point buy packs from your application
        • I can, at the very least, understand having Unarmed Pack, but understand that you should not be efficiently fighting as a staargir. If you want to keep the blind aesthetic, that is fine, but you cannot be some special staargir that has excellent fighting & magical capabilities at the same time despite their role in Velheim society.
    • Proficiencies
    • Languages
      • After each language, add in parentheses where these languages come from. You can refer to the template for help.
      • In case you missed it, you invested in the Ancient Speech Pack but you do not have one listed. If this is intentional, you can ignore this.
    That is all. Please make these changes in a different text color. If you want to consult me/other staff about your character's role as a staargir & their combat abilities, create a ticket with the Discord RP-com bot and we can continue from there. Once these edits are made, tag me in a reply so that I can look over your character application again.

3. NebulousFilms

NebulousFilms Supremium

As a note, I wrote in the post that it is debated as to whether or not he is a Staargir, not that he was one, I even have it written that those who follow the old faith generally deny this, like his other nicknames, he is just called one by people who dont know any better.

4. NebulousFilms

NebulousFilms Supremium

Also, as a rule of Thumb, I had no idea that Staargir are meant to be non combatants, nothing in the wiki or otherwise states that Staargir cannot have skill in combat, and considering that there are abilities like Omniaware, which my character has, it does not matter if he had one or no eyes at all, he'd still be able to preform well in combat by a logical standpoint. That being said, I edited everything else aside from the Staargir bit, so that we can speak on that specific aspect a little more.

5. Jouster

Jouster stutterer

No problem. This was pointed out in the case that he actually is one.

This is also no issue. It is more of an implication that staargir are non-combatant, so this unspoken rule is something I'd mention in the application in lieu of it not being directly stated. To make an example, it would be like making a religious zealot who does nothing but pray and console all day, but then sprinkling the notions that they're also an expert fighter/frontline soldier on top when there typically is not a reason for it.

If you want more than my say in it, you can create a Discord RP ticket to get the insight of other staff. It may be beneficial to do so. If not, just tag me in a reply saying you understand.

Also, it comes to mind that your character shares the same name as Odin from the Marvel universe. Please change either the first name or the surname so that the name isn't completely borrowed.

6. NebulousFilms

NebulousFilms Supremium

The name might have a place in marvel, but it originates in ancient Nordic Mythos, but yes, I will get right on changing and altering the name.

7. NebulousFilms

NebulousFilms Supremium

Howdy! I changed his name to be simply known as "Havi"

8. Jouster

Jouster stutterer

Hávi alone is fine. You can change the thread title to this new, single name here:
    • upload_2022-5-17_22-14-21.png
    Once you have done this, I will approve your application!

9. NebulousFilms

NebulousFilms Supremium

Done!

10. Jouster

Jouster stutterer

Approved! Also, add what type of magic your character uses; Void or Exist.

11. NebulousFilms

NebulousFilms Supremium

Ah, Probably void, but I may end up changing his stats around, if you wouldnt mind me switching it to Re review, no story aspects would need to be changed, but his overall points would be shifted around to better fit the vision I have for him

12. Jouster

Jouster stutterer

You can switch to re-review if you wish, but know that you can't use any of the point buy abilities unless your application is explicitly approved. You also are advised to not switch a character around too much. For example, a long-lasting character who has been acknowledged to use the Void should not suddenly become an Exist user just because.

13. NebulousFilms

NebulousFilms Supremium

Been a Few months, With all the new updates, I figured I'd bring everything up to date, fixed up his melee and magic stats and the like

14. Lizmun

Lizmun yeah Staff Member Lore2

Hello! I'm taking this for re review, sit tight.

15. Lizmun

Lizmun yeah Staff Member Lore2

@NebulousFilms My review: You need to completely redo this app. Here is why;

We feel as if this application is far too similar to the real life mythological being, Odin. Your depictions in how you emote your character (being a hooded figure, 'wise beyond anyone else', etc.), along with your character's name being listed as Odin in multiple places, Your character's raven's being named after Odin's Ravens, AND your character's parents being named after Odin's parents have led us to this conclusion.

We do not permit plagiarization of characters, from popular media or mythology, on Massivecraft. While you are allowed to take inspiration, the things I have laid out here in this re-review are far too much taken from Odin's mythology to be acceptable. You need to completely redo your character's backstory. You're free to play a wise follower of Bev, but you are not allowed to play Odin. We are aware of previous plagiarism infractions on other character applications of yours, and we do not approve of plagiarism on massivecraft, change your application immediately or face rejection.

Additionally, your point spread does not line up with your core concept in any way. You claim in your core concept that 'Havi', called Odin everywhere but the name section, is a Staargir, meaning he is a devout follower of Bev, who is more concerned with funerary rites, wisdom, and seerage rather than outright combat. If you want to play a combat heavy warrior, perhaps it would be better to go for a god like Bard. If you would like to stay with Bev, I would advise not maxing out combat, at the very least.

16. NebulousFilms

NebulousFilms Supremium

I am fairly certain that this is the only application that has ever had issues regarding 'plagiarization' I will begin working on this one in order to have it be permissible.

I point this out because I have never had a prior infraction on "Other applications of mine" regarding plagiarism

17. NebulousFilms

NebulousFilms Supremium

Also, is there any chance we can put this app in pending review or something along those lines? I have another application I am wanting to have approved, and I am not sure if fixing this one will result in the current application I have being forced to wait till the next month.

18. Caelamus

Caelamus Sir Honeybear the chronic druid main

I'm just going to reject this application dude. This requires too many edits and even keeping the name Havi is too close to plagiarism. If you want to play a Viking/Velheim you should try to come up with a character using massive's lore. If you want to go make a new one you can. That rule exists for people who were egregiously making 8 or so apps in the span of a week.

19. NebulousFilms

NebulousFilms Supremium

Thanks, I was gonna ask if this could be just rejected, as a completely new app was warranted anyway