League Of Imperial Gladiators

Discussion in 'Guilds and Organizations' started by RaggedyGrace, May 13, 2022.

1. RaggedyGrace

RaggedyGrace Speaking in hieroglyphics Staff Member Roleplay Staff

[​IMG]

FROM THE DESK OF BAROQ EMILIENNE DI CIVITA
    MANAGER OF THE ARENA
    12th of May, 310 AC

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I. Introductions

With the warmth of the summer rising upon us, the calls of sword clashing on the radiating sands of the pits are calling. Will you be brave enough to answer it? Where legends of myth and old of knights and gladiators such as Korthas once stood, of a crowd of applause surrounding them with every win.

By the grace of His Imperial Holiness, it is with great pleasure that I formally open the Arena once more and begin a new chapter, the League of Imperial Gladiators. Fighters destined to compete with one another in a test of strength and skill, and facing great beasts to fight head on. All watched and cheered for the entertainment of our esteemed peers and their champions that will bring honor to their name with every win. None of this is for the faint of heart, and only those with fortitude and strength will persevere.

Now with all that said, ground rules and requirements must be laid before fighters can join the League.

[​IMG]

II. Rules

Any and all who will be participating in tournaments set within the Arena at the Imperial Palace must adhere to a certain code. These are set into places to keep fights fair and have the arena run smoothly. If rules are broken, the fighter(s) may be punished at the discretion of the Manager of the Arena. Punishment varies with severity.

• The Manager of the Arena always has the final say. They may end the fight early or determine a winner if rules are not abided by in the arena.
    • In and out of the arena, fighters must adhere to the protocols and conduces set into place at the Imperial Palace by His Imperial Holiness. The Mistresses of the Halls have republished a copy of Court Protocol which can be found here which must be followed accordingly.
    • Treat your fighting partner with respect and dignity much as they should to you. Playful and witty banter is allowed for entertainment, but outright insults and toxic behavior will not be tolerated.
    • All fighting will be kept to the arena. Those who enter the ring are not here to fight out of malice, but to demonstrate their skill against others in a test of strength and prowess.
    • All moves must be fair and not out of foul play. Some examples are: No cheap shots such as hits to the groin or blinding an opponent; no disabling someone’s movement to automatically win; and no hits to downed opponents.
    • Magic will be allowed into the arena, but users must adhere to certain stipulations which are as follows:
      • Any magic users must be interviewed and registered with the Mistresses of the Halls firstly. If anyone attempts to participate in the games without their permission, they will promptly be banned from the guild.
      • The Manager of the Arena must interview said user as well in order to use it. It will be up to their discretion on what magic can and cannot be used at their disposal.
      • All magic users will be allowed to use two defensive/offensive spells to use in the arena. If they are found to use more than the allotted amount, they will be disqualified and be put on probation.
      • However, if both participants are magic users, they will be allowed to use all spells, but ONLY in their fights or specific tournaments.
    • Most important is the joy of those involved, audience and gladiators included. Every fighter who enters the ring is there for good sportsmanship and to bring entertainment to the crowd. One must enjoy themselves first in order to enjoy the rest.
    [​IMG]

III. Requirements

In order to participate as a fighter, there are certain requirements that a person must be met.

• A fighter must be a denizen of Regalia. Whether be of noble or commoner descent, all are welcomed.
    • A fighter must be willing to be sponsored by a noble house and represent them. One month will be given for the fighter so the Manager of the Arena can assort them with a proper house.
    • Fighters are able to have a criminal record, but with a stipulation. Crimes committed must not have been recent, for that being of three months. As well, they must retrieve a letter of recommendation from an upstanding individual such as from a member of the peerage, a respective commoner in the community, or a government official. This letter then must be presented to the Manager of Arena herself.
    • A fighter must be capable in combat. If the Manager of the Arena has doubts, the fighter must spar against herself to prove that they are.

[​IMG]

IV. How to Participate

In order for someone to join the League as a fighter, pen a letter to the Manager of the Arena.

• Player Name:
    • Player Discord:
    • Character Name & Application:
    • Preferred Weapons:
    • Magic? Yes or No:
    • Letter of Participation:
    [​IMG]

V. General Announcements
    The first tournament will be held on June 4th. More information to come (Saturday).
    A missive on how tournaments will work and be held will be released closer to time of this date.

SIGNED,

[​IMG]

Baroq of Fogiatina
    Manager of the Arena

[​IMG]

Tldr; Read it, there's too much here to sum up. Basically, fighting time.

• Powerful Powerful x 8
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. RaggedyGrace

3. Rowet

Rowet support main Supremium

• Player Name: Rowet
    • Player Discord: Rowet#1750
    • Character Name & Application: Llewyn Omaberos | x
    • Preferred Weapons: Spear, blades, magic. Anything they can get their hands on.
    • Magic? Yes or No: Yes
    Baroq Emilienne di Civita,

We have discussed this. I would like in the gladiator ring.

Llewyn Omaberos
    @RaggedyGrace

• Powerful Powerful x 1
  4. Gwyndo

Gwyndo Scottish Egg

• Player Name | Gwyndo
    • Player Discord | Gwyndo#6639
    • Character Name & Application | Ghaazi
    • Preferred Weapons | Sensy Blade / Unarmed / Khopesh and Shotel / Warclub (rarely)
    • Magic? Yes or No | No
    • Letter of Participation |
    Baroq Di Civita,

Have you heard of The Citadels of Mirah? The Art of Nine Limbs? It is a beautiful school, unique to my people - The Asha. Though I am not the strongest I have great wish to spar and fight within Regalia. This centre of mixed cultures and styles will surely be unlike anything I have experienced - and the opportunity to refine and test my skills is one I desire.

I am open to meet with you and spar should you desire to witness my art first hand; I look forward to hearing your response. Apologies for any poor wording, Common is not my mother tongue.

Ghaazi, son of Kashta and Mirah Warrior.

@RaggedyGrace

• Powerful Powerful x 1
    #4 Gwyndo, May 13, 2022
    Last edited: May 22, 2022
  5. dimetros

dimetros unironic scalie

• Player Name: dimetros
    • Player Discord: deino#2413
    • Character Name & Application: Baskoro
    • Preferred Weapons: Claws, spears.
    • Magic? Yes or No: No.
      Baroq di Civita- I'm ready to do what I do best. Put me in when you're ready. -Baskoro

• Powerful Powerful x 1
  6. Greenie

Greenie As Useless As SupremeCripple's Legs

• Player Name: Greenie
    • Player Discord: Greenie#8539
    • Character Name & Application: Ward Dalmos
    • Preferred Weapons: Mace/Shield/Fist
    • Magic? Yes or No: No
    To the Manager of the Arena,

I am a Blackmark experienced in combat and would like to fight in the arena.

Signed,
    Ward Dalmos

• Powerful Powerful x 1
  7. RaggedyGrace

Omaberos

Good evening. You are approved though I request a meeting with you to discuss your magic and some other things.

Baroq di Civita

Missus Baskoro

Good evening. As we have discussed, you are approved.

Baroq di Civita

Mister Dalmos
    Good evening. You are tentatively approved, but I request to have a spar with you to test your conduct inside the arena.

Baroq di Civita

8. Doopelganger

Doopelganger Regalian Citizen

• Player Name: Tortellinis
    • Player Discord: Tortellinis#3538
    • Character Name & Application: Liborio dei Vesucii
    • Preferred Weapons: Polehammer, mace, greatsword.
    • Magic? Yes or No: No.
    Baroq di Civita,

I had been looking forwards to participating in this until the previous Manager of the Arena had resigned. I see now that you have replaced him, and so I ask of you to allow my entry.

Sincerely,
    Ser Liborio dei Vesucii, man-at-arms of the Villiers-Eclaire order.

• Powerful Powerful x 2
  9. Aticiy

Aticiy Mr Worldwide

Baroq di Civita,

I do hope this letter finds you in good health, Manager of the Arena. My pockets seem to be running particularly empty and the place I call 'home' requires me to pay rent, so I offer my combat prowess to thee in an attempts to resolve both our qualms. If Regals are not something you offer then honour works instead; being a golden-eyed child of an Arken comes with wanting to prove oneself after all.

I humbly await a response,

Meliin Rinz-Zelariirn Lleyrizar
    'Problem Child of the Dread Empire'

{!} At the bottom of the letter appears to be a drawing of a ruby flower, neatly tucked away with a precision that is aesthetically pleasing

• Winner Winner x 1
  10. HuskyLeader

HuskyLeader D-Dwagon Warden..?

• Player Name: Silver Swyftfurusat
    • Player Discord: You have it :)
    • Character Name & Application: link
    • Preferred Weapons: Swords
    • Magic? Yes or No: Yes, none combative
    “Dear Baroq di Civita
    I will keep this brief. I wish to join your tournament. You know me and my ability and I hope that is enough.
    Sincerely,
    Silver Swyftfurusat
    Mercenary of Second Class
    & Dragon Warden”

• Winner Winner x 1
  11. RaggedyGrace

Mister Ghaazi

Accepted. I would love to spar with you to see your style of fighting, do send another letter regarding a time.

Baroq Emilienne di Civita

Sera dei Vesucii

Accepted seeing as you were apart of the previous league.

Mister Lleyrizar

Rejected. While Silvenism is allowed when following the proper procedures, I do not particularly know or have heard enough about you to fully accept you. As well with ending a letter with a signature of 'Problem Child of the Dread Empire' does not particularly bode well.

Mister Silver

Accepted. Your letter states it well as to why and as well as knowing your previous history and good sportsmanship in previous tournaments. Though as your Warden Status, please do speak to the Mistresses of the Halls to be allowed entrance.