(the Public No Longer Has The Ability To Buy This Paper)

Discussion in 'Regalian Roleplay' started by ThePear, May 7, 2022.

1. ThePear

ThePear Pear

Regalian Times Edition #13

Thousands of Soren Refugee shot by Regalian Naval Blockade on a River
    A naval blockade went wrong? Or perhaps a make sure no vampire makes it out, not matter what happenend the actions of the Regalian crew is unacceptable. When a group of vampires attacked a refuge line trying to flee Soren all choas broke out. Soren refugees jumped into the water and tried to swim to Regalian warships in a desperate attempt to flee the vampires. The response of the warships was to open fire their entire armaments' onto the swimming Soren civilians. According to first hand accounts the water was quote "Drenched with blood, there was more blood then sea." Desire this the warships still needed to call in reinforcements due to the sheer wave of refugees trying to escape with vampires, some vampires got onto ships, forcing friendly ships to blow up fellow Regalian sailors, Vampires, and refugee's alike. Some Vampires made it over the river, but was wiped out by the army. A farm house down stream reported "I looked out my home, and saw more fucking bodies there, then fish, or even water." The vampires were wiped out, and the quarantine zone maintained, but at what cost? Here are some quotes of people we asked from the street. "The main cause of this plan was the horrid planning of the generals, lets cramp all these fucking Refugees in one place, AHHAHA", "The Damm Vampires, making us kill our own kin", "The bastards could of just moved the fucking quarantine zone.. instead of killing.. all those men.. and women.. and children too.." "Who is their target? The Vampires, or the civilians, perhaps its our own ships?"

[​IMG]

Scandal in the court of Von Schwarzkrau
    Turns out the daily medical inspections in the house of Von Schwarzkrau sometimes got a little to close for comfort. Especially to close for any servant-master relationship, in fact, it was a complete break of noble code. Duke-Elector Howard Von Schwarkrau had a extremely inappropriate relationship with his employee, Petra van der Kleij. It is quite obvious why this is not okay, as fraternization is bad in any work place. But, the work place of the nobility? unacceptable is what the public cries, and so do the nobility. He was given a list of things he can do to preserve his honor and reputation. Marry The Doctor, Dismiss them, Stop sleeping with them (And don't got into a room togehter alone), and finally they can find her a husband. Here are some comments from the public "So thats why he always enjoyed those inspections..", "A Noble? Unacceptable", "Ha, just le em fuck, I don't see the issue", "SANDALLLL!!!!!"

[​IMG]

A Flood of New Weapons into Regalia

New technology is now in the hands of the every man, the muskete is now open to the market, and graygate is flooding out permits to own said weapons. Now, when someone gets murdered in your area you will hear it for sure. Although many are not happy about the flood of new weapons to the market. Here are some comments from Regalian Citizens within the city "So... Every time someone gets into a brawl now they gonna wake up the whole fucking block.", "I love guns, they are cool" , "So anyways, I started blasting", "Hey, I can actually have a real gun? Instead of pretending this Puretek was a real one?", "Is this possibly the death of finger Pureteks?" The New guns are extremely loud and take along time to reload, although that won't stop people from using it, because their power is extreme, and will take anyone out of a fight, with one shot.

[​IMG]
    (The section of the paper normally covered by advertisements for various stores and guilds was instead given a 4th article, although less of a article, and more of a statement)

War Against Journalism
    Hello, I am the owner of Regalian News, today at 9:36pm I was informed that one of my reporters/writters was brutally beaten and shot in a ally way, for a article he wrote in the last edition of Regalian News. His name is Alestan Dinglon, he had a family, and a well paying job. Now he can never walk again, he was shot by a muskete in the kneecap. He is moving out of the city of Regalia with his family, where the people who did this can't finish the job. He was a loyal Unionist, who loved the emperor, and put the Empire first. To do this to a Regalian citizen is breaking the law, and shall not be permitted. By the way, the guy who was shot could draw, this is a drawn image of the man who did this. Which ever organization who committed such acts, should know that the Regalian law is not on their side. I do not believe for a second that the Regalian government would do such a thing, but if the worst fears are true, they should know that information, no matter how hard you try to suppress it, will always get out.

[​IMG]

Remember to subscribe to the times, by telling you subscribed in a comment below
    Also, if you are interested in becoming a writter/jouranlist, or just have a story you want published just DM me at ThePeer#2356

• Immersive Immersive x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    #1 ThePear, May 7, 2022
    Last edited: May 7, 2022
  2. BeetrootSalad

BeetrootSalad the gremlin Supremium

A note was pinned onto the newsboard.

Hemingway Street, 3rd and 4th Avenue, Lion Court.

• Powerful Powerful x 5
    #2 BeetrootSalad, May 7, 2022
    Last edited: May 7, 2022
  3. microwavemmm

microwavemmm no such thing Premium

Once taking down a copy of the paper, Dr. Therese Braunschweiger-Müller neatly cuts out the drawn image (evidently depicting a familiar face), takes it home, & frames it on the wall. @BeetrootSalad @HeyItzAPotato

• Powerful Powerful x 1
  4. Athelois

Athelois visceral bitch

"If you're going to run an article on me, at least attempt to seek out the truth with an interview. You should fire your editor. Scandal has a 'c' in it. A sandal is something you wear upon one's foot."

Doctor van der Kleij remains in her shop, bruised and scraped face contorted into agitation.

• Winner Winner x 4
  5. bwmwags3

bwmwags3 Refugee

"This...this is to far before was alright but this vitriol this publishing of errant rumor. With such scandalizing bull shit word about intimacies that's far beyond the Duke's upstanding character. This is the end, I shall have this journalist found and spoken to by myself, this can't go on," resolved the Lord.

6. ThePear

ThePear Pear

All Copies of the Regalian Times are pulled from stands,
    From this point on, you are unable to buy the Regalian Times from a official source

7. Lizehrd

Lizehrd Lizard and Chill

Sitting with his heels kicked back against the bar of the Red Crypt, Aldon Adeliason reads a copy of the paper he had swindled with a laugh, tossing it aside to instead focus on his drink. To nobody in particular the Silven says, “Glad to see that the people of Regalia are putting the press to entertaining work. Thank the Gods for journalism!”

8. FireFan96

FireFan96 Ever present, Ever seeing Staff Member Lore2

Post has been reverted to its original content.

Even if additional copies have been pulled and destroyed, the ones that were already distributed still exist, and available to the public.