Madame Amaryllis' Musings #3: Turning The Halls

Discussion in 'Regalian Roleplay' started by Halsi, Apr 7, 2022.

1. Halsi

Halsi Ithanophile Supremium

[!] Once more, the streets flooded with scrappy orphans who dashed from grouping to grouping on the streets, handing out little pamphlets of Madame Amaryllis' flowery writings to every good looking commoner they could find. As always, every single member of the noble peerage was privy to a private copy of their own, delivered to the doorstep of their estate.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Dear readers,

I once more write to you all with my sore wrist and in a new writing room! - For I had broken the pearly pink wall of my spacious home accidently while enthralling my enormous passion to my sweet reader. For my words to be so gifted by your lush eyes. I, Madame Aster Amaryllis, am ever so graceful to have you my kindest reader to sing to you, my sweet songs of love to our beauteous peerage upon my awakening. For these love letters to you are all about those who frequent the Imperial Palace, who had been the phenomenal peerage who had kindly placed themselves out in the public eye for me to passionately write about. I adore writing about those who allow me just a glance within the grand Imperial Palace.

To those who question why I write about only the peerage. Please write your own paper if you're so displeased about my work or make your presence known in a respectful manner at the Imperial Palace! I'll be more than happy to splatter you all with my adoring love! Moving on! - I have much to tell you, my dear reader. A prequel needs to be laid out to you delightful snack-packed readers, to the glamor that'll be told at the Season of Change Gala. For many stories must be spoken before I can DARE touch upon the lengthy action and beauty that'll unravel at the Gala and no other than Madame Aster Amaryllis can tell such.

The peerage, ever as beautiful and tender as the reddest rose, had always been the source of inspiring fictional literature with their tantalizing life of luxury. Each noble from Duchess to Lord has their own unique taste to them, oh dear reader! Perhaps one day in the future, I'll be given the honor of accomplishing the task of writing about each noble within high society. I must speak however on the fact that there's an alarming amount of care to the lack of Courtly Protocol held even within the Imperial Palace!

- No curtsies or bows from the Ladies, Baronesses, and Lords to those higher.
    - Seeking arguments and creating an uncomfortable social situation for those gathered around.
    - Dukes and Duchesses disregarding their politeness to one another.

My reader, there's nothing wrong with arguing in high society! The good peerage are always arguing, for good and absolutely necessary reasons! One should aim to do it tastefully however, at least while in the Imperial Palace. Despite such a lack of respect held within the Imperial Palace, my heart still bumps at the sight and sounds of the peerage. For I know they hold much grace and charm in their hearts despite the stress they may be dealing with. I see you and your efforts. On behalf of my heart, I wish to say -

I'm very proud of you.

Before moving onto more stories I had gathered from my beading hawk-eye and from my songbird, I first wish to lighten the mood with an introduction to a new session that Madame Amaryllis will install in her pretty little paper for the pretty peerage who blesses me with their presence.

A poetry made just for them. My love poem goes out to the Imperial Regald Amaryllis van Westhuyen, who has always been so kind to the bountiful peerage and we both share a beautiful name.

Perhaps she's like a brunnera, whose presence brings back years of memories of the grand halls which we debate in.

Or maybe her posture, so tall - she's a delphinium. Who grants us goodwill and courage while we make our claim.

Though, she holds like campanula and lupine. A woman to admire with their humility and grace.

Many qualities like no other! Not one can replace her.

Oh, but what a bouquet she chooses to be in the name of our Empire.

A beautiful blue bouquet to admire upon.

Practice makes perfect as mother had always taught! It never hurts to practice for things even if one feels they're already an expert at it, for new experiences could be obtained at times where you least expect it! Master of the Halls, Duke du Poncaire hosted a humbling rehearsal ball for the upcoming Gala this Friday! Duchess Tuija Nordhjem and Lord Allestane Delmotte arrived in pairs in a matching stunning autumn red and sunshine gold outfit. Duke Howland von Schwarzkrau came with Lady Gabrielle von Schwarzkrau and Baroness Morgana de Azcoissia, such a kind man alongside two graceful ladies mostly just kept to the side for the night. A thoughtful gentleman noble, my dear reader, I'm quite happy to see normality like this happening.

Baron Rhion Bancroft conversed with Baroness de Azcoissia for a good deal of the rehearsal ball! As poise as a noble river crane, Baroness de Azcoissia had always known how to be an excellent example of a proper noblewoman.

Baron Avox Petrou, still ever the charmer with his eloquent words. It leaves one to wonder who would be the lucky individual to share their first dance with the Baron! The Season of Change Gala is a welcoming time to embrace new experiences, new challenges, and new relationships. A turning of the seasons for the peerage to blossom to their highest capability and what better way to take that step forward than to share a dance with one you had never converse with before?

Duke du Poncaire shared with those gathered a brilliant display of elegance by inviting Duchess Nordhjem to properly demonstrate a ballroom dance. Duke du Poncaire and Duchess Nordhjem were both quite talented dancers well versed in the style of Regalian Ballroom dancing, their refined movements worked so beautifully together! Oh my beautiful reader, I'm quite excited to see how Duchess Nordhjem dances at the Gala! Those who she dances with will surely have the time of their lives on the ballroom floor!

As the Duke du Poncaire and Duchess Nordhjem finished their dance, my dainty songbird told me, my sweetpea reader, of a tense exchange! Baron Velimir Novak, rejected a dance with Lady von Schwarzkrau by the Duke von Schwarzkrau and then called out by Countirh di Civita for the Baron after facing another rejection from a dance by Lady Elewisa Peirgarten. Dear reader, I believe we should avoid being too harsh on the Baron! For the young Baron had just wished to dance with two beautiful and elegant Ladies of high society.

Such a task like that can cause a sea full of butterflies in anyone’s gut! - woman or man - while in the presence of such gorgeous Ladies! My kind reader, I know Baron Novak will grow to be a humble gentleman of high society. I see no reason to corner a Baron who wishes to enjoy the basic pleasures of high society; a simple and humbling dance.

Patient reader, I'm ever so eager to see the upcoming Gala this Friday! I know such exciting tales will come of it, such stories that'll require its own paper for! One that I can estimate to be much longer than this issue! For I know that a majority of the peerage will be there to enjoy their night with a glamorous night of food and dance. Oh, but my pretty reader, that's one thing I promise you for this upcoming issue. I promise I'll keep a keen eye on this Gala! Stories, tales, and poetry between the blurs we make as we dance. There'll be much to write about: the dances that'll take place, the whispered drama that'll happen behind our backs, the grand music that'll be played in the Imperial Halls in, and oh! - my strawberry and raspberry sweetie-pie reader, my absolute favorite thing will be writing about the seasonal presentation of gowns and suits the stylish peerage will be arriving in! I hope to see new outfits, for such craftsmanship deserves a writing about in my faithful paper. My thrill cannot contain itself - but it must, it must! Madame Amaryllis cannot afford more broken walls, for she wishes for a nice and new bookcase to hold more romance novels and her stories of the peerage in it. I cannot wait to write about this upcoming Gala, there's a feeling inside of my heart that tells me it'll be one like no other. I'll pour my heart into it for you, my most beloved reader. For I know it'll be a radiant episode for those interested in high society and those who are in need of a good show.

Curiously reader, I only recall there ever being one other party ever granted the honor of being hosted at the Imperial Palace. Yes, that party was The Whistledown Debutante Ball! Such a wondrous party that was, one like no other. A night for each Lady to live her romance novel-like dream that so many writers had told tales of. Now, here we are with The Seasons of Change Gala being presented within the grand Imperial Palace in the very Throne Room that so many Ladies had danced in before, just shy over a year ago.

The peerage was welcomed into the Imperial Palace by His Imperial Holiness and Her Imperial Serenesss. A part of me dreams to be graced by His Imperial Holiness's presence for the Gala, but alas we had been granted so much by the ever so charitable and brilliant Emperor. The Whistledown Debutante Ball had shown us the Emperor and Empress together in unified strength, and it has been awhile since we had seen together in the public eye. Humble reader, it does lead me to question when was the last time we had seen His Imperial Holiness and Her Imperial Serenesss together in public? Perhaps it is the head trauma from running into my now broken wall. It is a tad strange to sense a notable absence of Lusits people in court since the dismissal of the Lusits Ambassador. Nevertheless, all that happens is for a good reason! If not for The Seasons of Change Gala, I hope to see His Imperial Holiness and Her Imperial Serenesss together in public in the future!

As always, my truest reader, I write to you with my heart and nothing less. An exciting paper awaits you in the future when the The Seasons of Change Gala has marked its chapter closed to the peerage and the Imperial Hall. Till next time, my dashing reader.

Forevermore graciously yours,
    Madame Aster Amaryllis

• Winner Winner x 9
    • Immersive Immersive x 2
    • Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  2. JinxNotJinxed

JinxNotJinxed Crime Goblin

"My my.." Tanja von Schwarzkrau sat in the outdoor lounge nearby her family's halls, relaxing by the fire with the pale paged pamphlet. It seemed that the Lady was quite entranced by the letter, a smile on her usually stern features. "Perhaps.. this is a writer to keep up with? For researcher purposes, of course.." Who was it she felt the need to provide an excuse to?
    The woman pursed her lips at prolonged sight of the gossip page, before tucking the thing away within the pocket of her dress.
    "Gabrielle ought to read this.." @HeyItzAPotato

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Cuddles! Cuddles! x 1
  3. Arhbi

Arhbi Peacemaker

Markus Delmotte doesn't imagine that there will be any sightings of the Empress whatsoever seeing as how the Emperor has all but in name divorced her.

• Informative Informative x 5
  4. bwmwags3

bwmwags3 Refugee

"Dancing wonderful..." Atum sighs, "It has been so long. Events are stress, more and more so these days...we shall see if I shall attend. Almar help me find the strength."

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  5. FlossyBerryRene

FlossyBerryRene Meow!

Lorraine du Poncaire sat having their thick frizzy hair braided and tended to, the frail firh held the pamphlet reading over it with a smile on their face and a awe struck expression. "It says here that Baroness de Azcoissia is a example of a true example of a proper noblewoman! oh how wonderful I bet she will be the star of the gala!" Spoke up to loudly converse with the frantic Du Poncaires rushing around the estate with outfits and accessories flying all around. "And it says here Baron Avox Petrou is quite charming and the admirable first dance, but I must disagree! I think this Baron Velimir Novak is far more
    interesting." The young Lirh sighed with a dreamy glance as they pressed the pamphlet to their chest. "I'm dreaming of the perfect night.."

@Halsi
    @kirishark

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  6. cosmoons

cosmoons cosmonaut

A young poet sighed upon reading the paper “Perhaps I’ll find my star here, if anyone were to dance with me.
    The springy steps, of fine dressed men,
    but what about, the one in the corner.
    I like that”

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  7. MantaRey

MantaRey repairing the gens Staff Member Lore2

On the gentle turn of the morning, seated at the small desk by her window does the Baroness of Santa Pola muse over Madame Amaryllis' publication. Among the first times in a while can she grasp a paper in what was her dominant hand, now clasped between thumb and a Modul-made, steamtech index finger. In truth, it takes her a few tries to even steer past the first two columns--not from disinterest, but rather the infectious interest of her fellow help and nurses, who poured over the pamphlet just before the Baroness could sit with a cup of tea.

The mention of her name and title on the papers prompts a brief stir in her features. The help comes over to steal a look for themselves, and they quietly whisper their excitement to the Baroness. She settles them with a half-smile.

"Nothing to be excited over just yet," Morgana soothes, earning only barely contained sighs of minor disappointment. "We still have over a day to prepare. Assure everything's in order. And make sure those shoes are unstained." She gestures to her nearby wardrobe with barely a point and resumes a look out the window with Madame Amaryllis' pamphlet still held close.

Oh, to be in such a spacious room, and yet for the walls to feel as though they're creeping in. The onset of nerves, forcibly ignored by the Baroness, then urges her to look at the papers again. She finds her name in its final mention and the ever-familiar script of "BANCROFT" in ink and after a moment of pure and quiet selfishness, she tears herself away again to find the morning views.

Another beautiful day, by the looks. Perhaps Madame Amaryllis' writing lifted at least someone's spirits.

@Halsi @booette @Hemingway7

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Thank You! Thank You! x 1