A Response To House Valloaan's Denounciation

Discussion in 'Regalian Roleplay' started by Lionfiles, Mar 28, 2022.

1. Lionfiles

Lionfiles in love with aleksandra

⫷‒══════════════════════════{⛞}══════════════════════════‒⫸

[​IMG]
    “Свобода походить від порядку.”
    From order, comes freedom.
    ⫷‒══════════════════════════{⛞}══════════════════════════‒⫸​

[​IMG] To begin my response, I’d like to recount the relevant history of the Krainivaya to explain the cultural background of my people's distaste for the occult and what shall come to pass regarding those magic users. From 175 - 176 A.C., the Krainivaya people fought in a brutal civil war against magic wielding Jacobins in their homeland of the now “Oltaran Republican Hegemony”. As the Krainivaya were royalists, they were exiled or executed due to their beliefs. The survivors came to Regalia during the Skagger Wars and fought on the side of the Regalians. They gave the Emperor their High King’s crown, as they were thankful of his generosity in apportioning them the lands of Eastern Drixagh. By 310 A.C., the Krainivaya people were comfortably settled within Regalia proper and had been living there for quite some time. My people spent years being butchered by wielders of magic, leading to a natural distaste for the practice.

[​IMG] The Oprichnyy, however, did not start with me, but did originate because of my House. I would like you to think about how the Krainivaya people view magic. They think of magic as a weapon of the Jacobins, their long-time subjugators and enemies, to be used as a way to slaughter them and purge them from this world. Personally, I believe the Oprichnyy have been exiling the occult, rather than killing, as House Valloaan has stated. That is why I have supported their actions. Think of it this way: what would happen to a child who was found to be “cursed” by the occult within Krainivaya lands with no one to relieve them of their affliction? They could be attacked, their family shunned, completely and utterly cut off from society. It is safer for the occult members of society to be sent out to other lands, rather than exist within the Krainivayas. Would you rather act selfishly and allow your child to be killed within your homeland, or let them be free in another? A droplet of blood can fall from a decade or centuries ago, but it shall always leave behind a stain.

[​IMG] I wish for you, too, to take some time and think about who exactly is citing all of these “morality crimes.” House Valloaan is a Fin’ullen house. The Fin’ullen do not exactly have “morals'' either, it seems. Slavery runs rampant in their lands. I have a question: how exactly is that morally righteous? They enslave others, separating families for no good reason and committing them to lives of servitude. Their existence is only to do as they are told; they are allowed no semblance of autonomy. People are seen as property in the eyes of House Valloaan, yet they speak out against my people as if they are of some higher moral fiber. I am disappointed that even Sol Laerilas Valloaan defended Jacobins, even as they were wielding magic against my people and slaughtering them in droves.

[​IMG] I do understand that what my people and I have done is wrong in the eyes of the law and the Emperor and, in response, I apologize completely. In an effort to fix what has been done, I have decreed that the Oprichnyy will work under me and instead create a census of registered magic users. It is not kidnapping, exile, or genocide, as you might have heard. These Occult-like people have the chance to leave, willingly, before registering, otherwise they must announce themselves, as to be better protected.

I am the voice of those who were captured by the Altalar and forced to do their bidding. To be their property. To be their slave. History does not repeat, but it does rhyme.​

Signed,
    Aleksandra Dragić
    Duchess of Kyizamok
    ⫷‒══════════════════════════{⛞}══════════════════════════‒⫸
    @joglak

Edit: Forgot to add the @

• Powerful Powerful x 13
    • Educated Educated x 2
  2. snakegotcake

snakegotcake

Your formatting always brings me joy

• Agree Agree x 9
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
  3. joglak

joglak Refugee

[​IMG]
    I will begin by debunking your accusation toward House Valloaan in that we do not own slaves and have abandoned such when I became the Sol of Morrlondasseiavasso. Since then, we have dutifully employed willing, cooperative workers from varying cultures and treated them with respect, as is expected of us. Within the first days of your new position, you have managed to terrorize the lives of an untold amount of people, yet you have the gall to accuse us of a trade and cultural practice that we no longer participate in. ​

Further, please cross-reference my denunciation with your own and you will find the stark difference that I have not blamed your culture but rather I am blaming you for your own shortcomings. I am not so naive as to believe all cultures will get along or believe the same opinions, no, I've lived far too long and have come to the comfortable conclusion that disagreement is necessary in a functioning society. I hold no grudges against the Krainivaya people. Only you. I am holding you accountable for your actions against the magically inclined based on a centuries old conflict long passed. ​

Finally, the Empire-Wide Ordinance that you have admitted to breaking includes the unjust capture for the purposes of identification, which means your "compromise" is still illegal. You cannot feign ignorance as you have before given this has been explained to you over the course of multiple days and multiple medias. Furthermore, with the "discussions" that I have had with your wife, the Duchess-Consort Antoinette Dragic, even she does not know what happens to those captured by the Oprichnyy. When she is not busy neglecting Conduces, undermining my status as a Duke of the Regalian Empire, and calling me "the wind", she appears clueless as to the atrocities currently being brought down onto the magically inclined. ​

Do not apologize to the random man holding this sheet. Apologize to the families you have destroyed. And stop deflecting, it's in poor taste. ​

I expect an apology for your slanderous accusations,
    Sol Laerilas Maslodeen Valloaan Bel-Sol Solleria-Tol Haag
    Duke of Morrlondasseiavasso ​

• Powerful Powerful x 9
    • Immersive Immersive x 3
    • Educated Educated x 2
  4. fantuinn

fantuinn most honest biped in athens Staff Member Lore2

A plain paper is set where necessary, without the same fanfare and disregarding proper stamping. Its handwriting is pristine, but the signature could only ever be messy.

"My greatest sympathies for the Krainivaya who suffered brutalization and execution at the hands of wicked Jacobins, and my sincerest apologies in place of those foul, traitorous monsters who would hurt the good people of this Empire. It is a terrible thing to see them use such tools for unabashed evil and cruelty. May we know which of these Jacobins are alive to stand trial? Which are still unpunished after one hundred and thirty four years, and what methods will be taken to bring them to justice?
    Furthermore, are there sources for your belief of Oprichnyy exile rather than murder? These mages, adult and child, disappear and are hardly ever seen on any records ever again. Would an exile disappear so easily? What methods do you believe are used to have even the adult Occult in Krainivaya lands truly vanish in their entirety? Do you still believe the Krainivayan public will assault and shun "cursed" individuals even after a census is collected? Do you worry that the publicity of this census may simply give angry people targets to direct their anger to? If so, will you have the Oprichnyy protect these now vulnerable individuals?
    What relevance does the Fin'ullen state of being have toward this issue? Is slavery directly relevant to mistreatment of Occult children? Were you aware of House Valloaan not keeping slaves before making this accusation? Does your family or ancestors have history with Allorn slavery? It is the understanding of modern historians that the Oltaran Republican Hegemony had little to no interaction with the Allorn Empire. You state that "[you] are the voice of those who were captured by Altalar and forced to do their bidding." was your lineage an exception to the Hegemony's isolation from the Allorn?

I am a common man who knows my place, and thereby correct nothing, and do not seek to question your authority on this subject, venerable Duchess of Kyizamok. Rather, I hope to learn more regarding these immensely fascinating, unprecedented facts and ideas which you have brought to this accusation, especially if you are willing to informally discuss this in greater detail.

Regards,
    Harlow Ketch.
    Representative for the Crookback Council."
    @Lionfiles

• Powerful Powerful x 9
  5. bwmwags3

bwmwags3 Refugee

The Celate reads and considers.

I have responded upon the matter of the Oprichnyy in my last response but I believe House Dragic has made a error. Respectfully the Duchess says she /believes/ they have exiled them but it is simply that a personal belief. Unconfirmed because the Oprichnyy is not overseen by any but nobles all of whom believe all their actions just. Therefore could easily be willing to lie or to simply say “all measures taken are just” and leave it at that.

The Duchess put her support behind a force which while claiming itself under the dogmatic belief. Exists to serve nobles, loyal and pious perhaps but not directly overseen by the administration or the legally instilled guard forces of the Empire. I would advise the Duchess ensure her claims they are being exiled and not simply slain are correct.

Unlike House Valloaan our house is Asha we have no belief in the corruption of the occult or in the corruption of slavery. I to stand as a Dogmatic Celate and shall remind that God Emeperor Vess stood not just for abolition but for freedom from Tyranny. From fearing your children shall be taken in the night. All for the service of Nobles only acting on mortal perspective.

If one desires to invoke the evil of slavery one must recognize a sign of possible tyranny within their own lands. I shall wait and lend any assistance to investigating the exact situation around the Oprichnyy.

In closing, to my Dogmatic Brethern let this be blunt and honest. I know of the faith within the Imperial Family is strong within all of you and that has lead to a tacit disregard for all things between citizen and Imperial blood. Yet, with the Emperor’s restructuring of the government I urge you to put faith again within using the governmental system over organizations like the Oprichnyy to ask council of the Emperor, and see what actions the Everwatcher desires.

May he watch over you all,
    Atum Morathes
    Lord of the Empire
    Celate of the Divine College of Calemburg​

A Addendum is made on Second reading

I am also conflicted on the Duchess perhaps overzealous belief in her own influence. The Oprichnyy have operated for a long time, under a heavy dogmatic belief, and with all due respect to the Duchess’ position I doubt this proposal shall succeed. After all this claim it shall happen is made before asking their entire secret organization (modeled on the black-hand and similar bodies) if they will comply. The direct word of the Emperor that would put this all to rest but the Duchess only has her own influence which while great. It shall remain to be seen if it will be powerful enough.

May he watch over you all,
    Atum Morathes
    Lord of the Empire
    Celate of the Divine College of Calemburg​

• Powerful Powerful x 1
    #5 bwmwags3, Mar 28, 2022
    Last edited: Mar 28, 2022
  6. Bellarmina

Bellarmina Mirrors? Staff Member Lore2

To the Duchess Aleksandra Dragić,

I would like to for the record challenge you and your ill-informed statements.

The lack of knowledge on what has happened to those taken into the Oprichnyy’s custody is a cause for concern. Your “personal belief” of what they are doing does not reflect reality, it is concerning that you seem to operate from a fantasy world based on your opinions.

I ask where have these exiled Occult been sent, who has been accepting these people? What about the families who did not wish to be parted from their children, surely some would have objected to being divided? The Azure Order in its prime hunted Occult persons and many of them were executed over the span of its existence, which is widely known. The history of organizations that hunted down Occult persons is often a difficult one, for the members and the hunted. In reference to this quote, "They could be attacked, their family shunned, completely and utterly cut off from society." I ask what makes the Oprichnyy immune to the same beliefs that would have these people harmed?

Your attempt to take the moral high ground by claiming that House Valloaan is immoral for the use of slavery is incredibly surface level, it seems as though you read a passage on Nelfin history once and decided to make the crux of your moralistic argument off of a footnote. While House Valloaan does not make use of slavery, the Empire as a whole makes use of slave labor in many forms already, in both the Northern and Southern regions.

Most alarmingly, your previous lack of knowledge of the Oprichnyy's activities does not give me confidence in your ability to regulate them nor their willingness to work with you. You are not there watching over them, you are not ensuring the safety of those who wish to submit themselves legally to their custody. You are attempting to cover your ears to preserve your childish view of the world.

Signed,
    Baroq Ashenvarya Sylfina
    Minister of the Occult​

• Powerful Powerful x 7
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  7. Iyyiushi

Iyyiushi Refugee Supremium

Duchess Dragic,

When I presented the documents to the Sol, I hoped that you would heed the word of the law in the course of the discussion. When we met after, I asked you if you thought the people captured to be criminals - again, under the letter of the law. Now, you seem to fall into the pit of doubling down on a position you should abandon. In each iteration, your argument even shifts. Where you may have initially feigned ignorance of your own culture and history - here, you claim full knowledge without any citations of the logistics as previously addressed. In the end, you have shown favor to a genocidal organization that kills citizens of the empire - not once, but twice.

Further, you move along to draw arguments from ignorance. But this will not be as expanded upon as any other position should or can be. What the Allorn did to the world - the slavery and methodology are heinous. But you are not speaking to a noble of a long-dead empire. Rather than address the positions presented by the Sol: you resort to racism, direct attacks against the Sol, and in full by your argument any Altalar - as rest assured, we all know your writing of the history between Nelfin and your ancestors had little to do with just the Fin'ullen.

I hope only now, as the sea of opinion and the tide of criticisms come your way, you see and realize where the error is.

Respectfully,
    Saana Gahan[signed]
    Advisor to House Valloaan.

• Powerful Powerful x 5
  8. Lizehrd

Lizehrd Lizard and Chill

While I think it in ill taste to lend a voice to a matter that has already been spoken for by so great and so many, I feel that perhaps I may do so upon this occasion. I could speak, at length, upon the claims made by the Duchess Aleksandra Dragíc and the illegality of the Oprichnyy, but I will rather settle upon the same statement on the matter that the Sol Laerilas Maslodeen Valloaan Bel-Sol Solleria-Tol Haag has made twice now: the law itself speaks against the actions of the Oprichnyy. I do not think there is much more to be said over whether or not the place of this order can or should have any righteous basis in the eyes of the Empire. I lend my apology to the traumas suffered by the Krainivayan people, but even you must attest that the Jacobins who caused such a suffering are, by now, likely long since deceased.

Rather, the people who live in suffering and fear are those good Kainivayans who, for one reason or another, often not by their own choice, came across magic. For all the call for change, reform, and judgement upon the actions of the Duchess of House Dragíc and her support of the Oprichnyy, perhaps there is a side that should be focused on with greater importance. In the one hundred thirty four years since the Krainivayan people pushed back against their Jacobin aggressors, how many families have been torn apart for reasons of blind lineage? How many children have been stolen from the cradle to disappear?

If there is to be a call for change at all regarding this issue, then solidarity should be as much the focus as punishment. Solidarity for the families torn apart. Solidarity for the people who have lived under the shroud of fear. Solidarity for those who are divided between being loyal to their culture and wanting the freedom to pursue a perfectly legal art. If this condemnation is to become a true movement, without giving comfort to the people that have been hurt, their pain will only fuel the repetition of this cycle.

In closing, while I do not think reformation is far in our sights for the injustice done by the Oprichnyy, and House Dragíc has erred in believing this movement righteous and having a purpose, when that day does come it must be a movement of peace for the sake of those already hurt so far. When open wounds are not healed first, blood only begets blood.

Respectfully Signed,
    Anrianokh Raazz’ël-ranvanokh Varcion Rokh-Bard Raz-Paravennaar
    Countirh of Valon​

• Powerful Powerful x 3