The Conversion Of Truth; A Conversion Of Peace

Discussion in 'Regalian Roleplay' started by DahStalker, Feb 26, 2022.

1. DahStalker

DahStalker Pollo

RELEASED FROM THE

ARCHIVES OF THE ARCH TEMPLES

A POSTHUMOUS PUBLICATION.

THE CONVERSION

OF TRUTH;

A CONVERSION

OF PEACE

PROCLAIMING

IN PEACE AND COMMUNION

TO ALL WHO READ THIS LETTER

GRACE, MERCY, AND PEACE.

[​IMG]

It was with a heavy heart that the Lesser Temple of the Blessed Heroes and Forefathers uncovered this document shortly after His Divine, Aelfric Harhold had passed. It was submitted to the archives of the Arch Temples thereafter and remained there until I requested it to be released in order to be published. Especially now, these words are of particular relevance as the situation regarding the Athosian Celacy and war is ongoing. His words echo the recent proclamation of the good Celate of Athos and I believe that further voices to concur with his message may aid in the resolution of the situation.

Therefore, I release this document in good faith, as the daughter of a once dear friend to His Divine. May he rest in peace.

Sincerely,

Lhoris

[​IMG]

Gruß und Kaiserliche benediktion.

For long has the spread of Unionism been tied to the expansion of the Empire itself, and so is right, for to see the Regalian standard planted on every shore and flung high on the walls of cities at home and of foreign nations alike is of special priority to the ends detailed in the Unionist mission. However, while it would be a joyous sight to see each and every nation lay down arms as of being witness to the intimidating sight of the Regalian armada, or the formidable forces which are the Tenpenny armies, just as Ithania did those many years ago when the late Vlaas Kade, Hero of Foresight, sent Regalians across land and sea to take Ithania for faith and country, this is sadly unlikely. There will always be those who see not the errors of their ways and cling instead to their regional loyalties, cultures, and faiths which put them fervently at odds with the aforementioned Unionist objective. It is this very fact that makes war necessary, for while we pray with every fiber of our being for the avoidance of conflict, it is nevertheless our service to the Everwatcher and His dictates that is above even the tragic loss of life.

However, the Unionist mission does not end on the battlefield. The path that the Everwatcher has outlined does not conclude when a nation is conquered. It concludes when the souls within their borders are saved. We as Unionists bear a responsibility of most import. We are not only the vessels of the Empire’s expansion, but, more importantly, of Unionism’s spread. In the process, we not only lift foreign denizens out of the precarious situations which non-Regalians and non-Unionists must endure here on Aloria, but too ensure their salvation upon their deaths. This is a supremely important task for each and every Unionist, and yet, one that appears impossible, not only in scope, but too, in the stubbornness of some heathen populations. Verily, to hear the accounts of missionaries from Bastadon to Calemberg is to know not only their successes, but also their many failures in the face of men and women who held firmly to their false gods and faiths. There will always be those who refuse to see the Truth in our ways, even though it may mean their doom. However, their fate is not ours to decide.

It is true that the Everwatcher has permitted violence in His name, so as to ensure the spread of His Word is unopposed. It is also true that the spread of the one true faith, throughout the past centuries, has been, time and time again, tied intrinsically to war. This is true. However, there are those who necessitate it as the only means of conversion. Those who, despite the availability of more peaceful ways, instead turn to bloodshed in order to fulfill their duty and carry their spiritual weight. It is true that, at times, violence is necessary to the spread of the faith itself. It is also true that those who, when necessary, spill blood in his name, should not be considered guilty of crimes against the faith. This is true. However, it is not true that violence is the only way. It is not true that all instances of violence in the name of the Everwatcher have truly been necessary. It is not true that we need ever use violence to convert. It is simply not true.

Yet, it is said. Time and time again have Celates, men of faith, called for the death of heathens from an ivory tower. They have demanded men of sword and shield to raise arms against believers of falsities for the sole reason that they believe falsely. I admonish them. Yes, those who act in evil to defend their false faiths should be cut down. However, while false belief is an evil, it is not false believers who are inherently evil. Many are defenseless. Many cry to men of virtue for mercy and yet are instead sent to the Lord of Mercy. Many do not need to be killed, and yet are killed anyway. This, too, is evil. Simply put, the deaths of those ignorant are not necessary. If they are stubborn, so be it. Let them be judged before the Everwatcher alone, not alongside us ourselves.

Too can the very effectiveness of conversion by the sword be put into question. We are not omniscient. If you truly intend to achieve truthful conversions through the sword, you forget the simple fact that men do not say all that they think. You act as much a fool as those you mean to convert. And if you do not mean to truthfully convert subversive elements, and instead force them to submit to your own will by the sword, do not masquerade your intentions as if they are done at the behest of the Everwatcher. You simply place the blood on your sword unto His hands and the hands of each and every missionary who spreads His Word with faith at heart. The blame is not on Him. It is on you.

So, verily, while bloodshed may at times be necessary to defend our faith and its spread, to say that violence is necessary to convert men from false gods is a falsity in and of itself. Instead, we must move men with words, for the Emperors were not vested with blades but with words. Each and every Unionist must preach the divine knowledge of which we have been bestowed, and I assure you, men will listen. And what of those stubborn men and women? Those who fail to see the errors of their own religions and refuse to believe in that which is True? The Everwatcher will decide their fate. We shall not. Truly, it is not they who we must be rid of, but their faiths themselves, and that shall not be done through the sword. For instance, if you cannot preach to them, preach to their children. The old may fail, but if you can ensure the devotion of the future generations, you have just moved the faith ten steps forward. Do not waste your time or your soul on the stubborn and instead move to others. There are a multitude of alternatives.

I, throughout my lifetime, have converted hundreds and preached to thousands. Even I have been quick to anger when dealing with those who refuse to convert. Yet, I have always known this to be true. We shall not achieve the conversion of the masses through the sword. You must instead continue to save the souls of others who are willing, and fortify the souls of those already faithful. And yes, it is a frustrating sight to see the ignorant believers, so entrenched in their fictitious traditions and scriptures. However, we must remember that not all is confined to this world. The death of a heathen, old and weathered in the comfort of their bed is not, in any way, a defeat for the Spirit. Verily, all will see the Truth in time. Whether it is in life or in death, it matters naught. After all, the Spirit is eternal, His Word is eternal, and His Truth is The Truth regardless of those who may deny it.
    HD Aelfric Harhold

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Powerful Powerful x 2
    • Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  2. bwmwags3

bwmwags3 Refugee

The celate reads over and over a tear in his eyes, “Rest well Aelfric, thank you for guiding us all even from the Great Staircase.”

He begins sending this released sermon across aloria and regalia with a note.

Let us all give thanks that wisdom rings even from the ascended. Hear these words of our beloved Arch-Celate.

@Bensonio @festiveCorvid @BeetrootSalad @KrakenLord01 @LeafMC @SpunSugar (some of you are tagged for dissemination to ic unionists I might not be remebering).

3. leafnosedbat

leafnosedbat juice thought. Supremium

"You told me you were content to die, to be finished," the Celate-Mother laughs as she reads over the lengthy missive, "yet here you are, doing your work from beyond the grave."

"I doubt you would believe me, but I do miss you, old friend," Alexi brings a hand to the string of prayer beads at her shoulder, to one bead carved with a particular name.

"Until Paradise."