Genevieve Howlester

Discussion in 'Character Sheets' started by SpunSugar, Sep 21, 2019.

1. SpunSugar

SpunSugar Audacity Vendor

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

⊰ Basic Information

Full Name: Genevieve Howlester ‘Jenny’

Race: Ailor (Imperial Culture)

Sexuality: Heteroflexible

Preferred Weapon - A pen to paper

“We’re drunk but drinking, sunk but sinking

They thought us blind, we were just blinking

All the stones and kings of old will hear us screaming at the cold"

- The Amazing Devil​

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Skill Information ⊱

Proficiency Points – 60 (50 base, 10 hobby points)

Language Arts

Ithanian - Free due to "People of Many Tongues" Special
    Fordic - 3 points
    Thallic - 3 poinst
    Unlocks Old Dyllic

Hobbies and Talents

Writing Arts - 15pts
    Perception Training - 10pts
    Dancing Arts - 7pts (5 Hobby Points, 2 points)
    Needlework Arts - 5pts (Hobby Points)
    Theater Arts - 6pts
    Fabric Arts - 5 pts
    Gardening Arts - 3 pts
    Guard Forgery Pack - 3pts

Racial Abilities

Ailor Specials

Body Stats ⊱

Body Stat: 9
    Average body shape with average body fat​

Languages ⊱

Common
    Caeren (Language of her Homeland)
    Ithanian (Point Investment - Attended school in Ithania)

Visual Information ⊱

Eye Color: Blue

Hair Color: Brown

Hair Style: Worn in various stylish ways but always up and bejewelled.

Skin Color: Lighter shade of ailor skin.

Clothing: Often changing with the fashion and environment. Well-tailored with fine fabrics and handworked embroidery that is bespoke and traditionally sewn. Genevieve will always have one piece of clothing on her that sports the Howlester kiltach plaid.

Height: 5’6​

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

“The greatest happiness of life is the conviction that we are loved — loved for ourselves, or rather, loved in spite of ourselves.”

― Victor Hugo​

[​IMG]
    Genevieve Howlester’s Very Secret Diaries – A Personal Study as Conversation ⊱

⊰ How do you express Happiness and Contentedness?

Joy is never something to be hoarded – and best experienced in the company of others. I want to share my happiness with the people I care about the most. No point in being happy all shut away in your rooms, is there? I’d prefer to have a party, or do something that allows me to invite others in to experience my happiness with me.

⊰ How do you respond to experiencing Fear?

I’m ashamed to say that I tend to either freeze up or overreact. It’s the sort of feeling that leaves me rather hollow for days afterwards. Being greeted with proof of your own fallibility is something that doesn’t leave you anytime soon. I’ve never understood the people who welcome fear or anxiety as a way to push through problems. Fear is something that pushes me towards knee-jerk responses rather than well-reasoned decisions. And from there a whole host of issues springs.

⊰ How do you respond to experiencing Stress?

I think, for this question, it is important to divide past from future – with intent for the present. Stress has been somewhat of a constant companion for me in recent years. From personal to larger, worldwide issues. In the past, my stress was my own, and I struggled to deal with it and truly work my way through it. I thought hiding it away to be nursed in private like an unwanted animal would spare the feelings of those I held closest to me. But that only made it more difficult to speak of, until I felt almost paralyzed by it. I don’t plan on dealing with stress or disappointment that way anymore. Best laid plans, and all. But trying is worth something, isn’t it?

⊰ How do you view Law and Authorities?

A philosophical as well as a practical question. Although I’m no expert on the laws, beyond what is allowed and what isn’t, of course. Authority is necessary in order to keep people safe. Chaos and unbridled violence would surely be the matter of course in a society without either Law or Authority. Luckily, we don’t live in a place that allows itself to devolve into bestial customs or lawless savagery. The holy and sacred authority within the Empire is what allows it to rise above other nations and lands as the paramount power in our world. For that fact, and the successes of so many of our own ilk who have tamed the undomesticated lands and races with the power of our own laws, must the authority of our Laws be regarded as a virtue.

⊰ How do you feel about Races other than your own?

The existence of other races is a reminder that the world is a diverse place, and that ailors must always remember to continually fight for their existence and supremacy. Other races hold fascinating histories, and it is, I think, very appropriate to learn about them as they slowly become one with the Empire.

⊰ How do you feel about Religion and other faiths?

The presence of the Divine is clearly evident, for those who wish to accept it. People who downplay the spiritual aspects of their own lives are often found to be the most cynical and closed off of society. The nature of the Imperial Spirit surpasses what people confined to Aloria truly believe. Whether a person believes in its existence doesn’t make it less so. The Spirit alone is a truth beyond normal reckoning, and embodies such a myriad of forms and manifestations that to confine it to those who are considered ‘Religious’ is trying to limit that which has none.

Other religions, both traditional and new-aged, share the same basic tenets of lifting up the people who believe in them above the others – it is the real life application of Unionism that renders all others hopelessly outdated.

⊰ How do you feel about the Arcane and Magical in the world?

Many of the abilities that people consider ‘magical’ are truly tied not to the caster, but rather energies and powers that most don’t quite yet understand. The ability to harness unnatural energies should be studied, tested, and then codified for the advantage of society.

⊰ How do you feel towards your family?

Complicated. But what family worth having isn’t? Imagine if I had a family full of dull people who stared at the walls, drooling towards a pastel watercolor of a flower in fascination? No – I would much rather have a family that was lively and full of life, but that annoyed me than a lifeless drag who gave me no trouble at all. I do love my family. Both our legacy, our impact, and the position we hold within the Empire. My immediate family mean at great deal to me. I suppose, once you go through ordeals with people, you’re connected to them somehow. And if life wasn’t one giant ordeal, I don’t know what is. Family is to be protected. Legacy is to be upheld. The future is one to be cultivated. Everything else? Negotiable.

⊰ What are you most proud of about yourself?

The few times I have been able to help the Empire certainly come to mind. From an outward perspective, I felt I did the most good when I could save lives. Certainly I am proud of my work as a cultural ambassador to the Empire through the Golden Laurel. And I’m quite proud of my own written works; be they poetry, etiquette guides, or scathing political commentary. I do turn a nice phrase, now and again.

Personally? I am proud of still being here. I’m proud of having loved. I am proud of not backing down. I am proud of extending a hand. I am proud of taking a chance. And proud that I am who I am.

⊰ What motivates you to move forward and better your life?

The knowledge that the life I lead is a gift. The keen awareness that you can never get days back. And that I have been given many blessings. To not do your very best with them would be not only sin, but folly. And of course, my own hopes and dreams. So many of them tucked away deep inside my heart.

⊰ What is your biggest insecurity?

I could give you a giant list but really, that’s just tiresome. Primarily, is that I’m neither charming or particularly vivacious.

⊰ What is your character's biggest fear?

That the best of my life has already passed me by, and I am too late to seize it back up again.

Character Traits ⊱

Character Alignment: Lawful Good.

Character Personality Type: The Adventurer

Character Religion: Unionist - Received the Sacrament of Birth Blessing, and the Sacrament of Entry. Belief rating: 3​

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

⊰ Life Story ⊱

283AC – Born to Wilvahelm and Jehenna Howlester

283-294 – Raised at Stirling Castle, Genevieve is raised with her twin sister Celianna in the shared nursery with the rest of the children. Her childhood is spent learning the traditional lessons of youth; alphabets, languages, and comportment. As she grew, older sisters and kinswomen taught her the arts of sewing, weaving, and other skills necessary to keep a grand home in order. Genevieve inherited her fashion sense from her mother, and took social cues from both her parents and elder siblings.

294 - Her elder brothers and sisters leaving the house one by one, and her own twin sister developing interests beyond her, Genevieve grew restless. No having ambitions towards either fighting or politics, her mother suggested she take up writing - her fanciful daydreams fostered on the wild shores of Gallovia taking shape into stories and poems.

296 - Genevieve began her schooling, starting at the Duchess Morgannan Society - School of Statecraft, and then after three years, and after much begging, she was allowed to travel to Ithania in order to attend the Groupe d’Intervention Pratique to study espionage and Ithanian Culture.

302 - Returning home, Genevieve began travelling between the family homes, remaining a woman of idleness, never taking up a profession. Instead, she learned how to run a household, and become a woman of society. As she carried on her career in society, her focus turned towards polishing her literary pursuits. She began writing small treatises on art and culture for the entertainment and guidance of her friend group.

303-307 - Genevieve functioned as a society woman upon her official debut to society. Each season Genevieve sought to engage with society, parties, and cultural celebrations as much as possible. Seeing opportunity with her brother taking the titles of the family, Genevieve came to Regalia to sample society. She was the Minister of Scholars - under which she progressed programs of public education. She also was the head of the Order of the Golden Laurel - a diplomatic corps sent to spread imperial culture to other countries. Upon the disappearance of her brother within the mysterious Mist that covered Anglia in the summer of 306, she sat on the State Council of the Empire until the crisis had past. In the wake of the crisis, Genevieve was courted by Alderik Kade and they were engaged to be married. She then became the Lady Grace of the Imperial Court, running the courtiers. After her engagement was dissolved, Genevieve has spent most of her time tending the Imperial Court as the Lady Grace.

Currently - Without the Imperial Court or any particular goal to strive for, Genevieve has found herself adrift within Aloria. Two failed engagements, a failed employment history, and without much of a plan to her name: it would seem that only pen to paper keeps Genevieve afloat. But Ambition, Guile, and Grit never really leave one’s side.

Progression Talents⊱
    Diplomat- 2 points
    Rogue - 1

"There is only one success...to be able to spend your life in your own way."
    –Christopher Morley (Where the Blue Begins)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Winner Winner x 13
    • Powerful Powerful x 1
    #1 SpunSugar, Sep 21, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 26, 2022
  2. BillyTheScruffy

BillyTheScruffy Massive's Resident Law Enthusiast

• Winner Winner x 1
  3. SpunSugar

4. BillyTheScruffy

eat poopoo under review-view

5. BillyTheScruffy

@SpunSugar As always, a very pleasant read. Approved

6. SpunSugar

Bumped for new proficiencies.

7. BillyTheScruffy

8. SpunSugar

9. BillyTheScruffy

Proficiency

- Designate what school categories you've chosen. For 'Duchess Morgannan Society' state that its a Statesman school before the school name and do the same for 'Groupe d’Intervention Pratique' as an Espionage School.

- As Pathfinding is not a talent category proficiency, you need to invest 10 points in it before you get the additional 5 point boost.

@SpunSugar

• Winner Winner x 1
  10. SpunSugar

11. BillyTheScruffy

• Winner Winner x 1
  12. SpunSugar

@BillyTheScruffy Up for rereview to suit the new application and progression systems. Removed six schooling points and the arken knowledge pack buy - added theater arts and guard forgery pack as well as the progression points.

13. BillyTheScruffy

14. SpunSugar

Updated. Ithanian became free language due to abilities changing into Specials. Used three free points to add a language, and removed three points from dancing to add to another language, unlocking a linguistic pack.

Also changed progression profs due to removal of special perm.

15. SpunSugar

16. BillyTheScruffy