Combat Guild The Dandelion Watch

Discussion in 'Guilds and Organizations' started by Stellarrix, Jan 17, 2022.

1. Stellarrix

Stellarrix Stormsong

The Dandelion Watch

Stellar_Divider.png

REGARDING IC FLAVOR TEXT..

What was once the Pale Flame Mercenary Company is now the Dandelion Watch, a roving band of do-good adventurers who lend their arms and their services to those who have the need or desire for them. With the disbandment of the State Metropolitan and the return to Mercenary Form, Meriya Cavaal welcomes a Golden Age of Blades-For-Hire.

Primarily formed of social outcasts, those that struggle to fit in for find work elsewhere, or simply those displaced by the recent removal of the State Metropolitan, the Watch is here to look out for those who are struggling.

Stellar_Divider_Blank.png

REGARDING PURPOSE..
    The Dandelion Watch can be described as an Adventuring Party. To be a member of the Watch is to gather friends and kick up a ruckus in the hopes of generating a good time for all who interact with it. That being said, a list of the core roleplay avenues the group focuses upon can be found here.

• Engaging in Combat Roleplay, showing up en-force into people's events to see what's up, and partaking in our own internally-hosted expeditions.
    • Hosting a consistent and present source of roleplay for those within the Watch, typically socials, training and Job hunting.
    • Outsourcing any impossible task for the Company to those that can perform the tasks, we lead others to a treasure that we cannot possess.
    • Connecting people to the hands and skills they need, and the roleplay they want.

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP AND HIERARCHY..
    Watch Commander

The Watch Commander is expected to lead and advise members in their day-to-day duties, as well as inspiring and organising expeditions to be undertaken, and handling any diplomatic issues that may arise that inhibit proper function of the Company.

Members
    Members are the Rank-and-File of the Watch, and making up the bulk of the Watch's manpower are by far the most valuable aspect. Members are expected to find their own work or be forward enough in seeking the aid of the Watch Commander, and are greatly encouraged to work together. The Members are split into the Warriors and the Supporters.

Watchers
    The Warriors are the brawn of the Company, they do most of the heavy lifting and the fighting. Combat skill, magical or mundane, is required. The Captain of the Warriors is [Unfilled].

Supporters
    The Supporters are the backbone of the Company, they do most of the logistical and medical supporting, ensuring that the Warriors have both the orders to be carried out, the food in their bellies and the peace of mind knowing capable medical personnel are supporting them. The Captain of the Supporters is [Unfilled].

REGARDING HOLDINGS..

The Pale Flame Lounge and Bar.
    The Pale Flame Lounge is a small lounge ran by the Watch that cares moreso to the Arenacourt's frequent goers, catering for combative events of all types and featuring a wide variety of quality drinks and meals cooked in-house.

REGARDING APPLICATION STATUS..
    The Dandelion Watch is currently open to new recruits and members, whilst also specifically seeking individuals that are capable in more logistical and supporting roles for the benefit of the Company.

The Watch is also available for private and public hire, such is arranged through contact the Watch's Captain.

REGARDING THE APPLICATION FORMAT..

Minecraft Username:
    Character Name:
    Application Link:
    Position (Warrior, Supporter, General RPG ‘Class’):
    Discord:
    Timezone:

• Winner Winner x 9
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Immersive Immersive x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    #1 Stellarrix, Jan 17, 2022
    Last edited: May 18, 2023
  2. Faith_Bug

Faith_Bug Mirror Thrower

Minecraft Username: Faith_Bug
    Character Name: Briareth
    Application Link: Approved Sheet - Briareth Sylphryalhn | MassiveCraft Forums
    Position (Warrior, Supporter, General RPG ‘Class’): Warrior/Sage mix.
    Discord: Faith_Bug#4279
    Timezone: CST
    Brief Letter to Mariandel (Not 100% Necessary, but for flavor):

To whom receives this,

When hearing of this Mercenary Company, you've piqued my interest. My name is Briareth and I'm quite skilled with an axe, you'll hear about my troubled past with the law, but I am continuing a path of redemption. Try not to focus too much on what you hear about me, though. I'm in need of something to do rather than focusing on the money, and this seems a good fit. I'll also say, if this means anything, my knowledge expands out into the depths of the Void and other arcane and magical topics, if anyone ever needs a lesson or two on it.

I look forward to your response,

- Briareth.

@Stellarrix

• Like Like x 1
  3. Yoggery

Yoggery Quiet and Falling

Minecraft Username: Yoggery
    Character Name: Ealireleia Aleesia Carbellenor
    Application Link: https://forums.massivecraft.com/threads/ealireleia-carbellenor.89938/
    Position (Warrior, Supporter, General RPG ‘Class’): Warrior
    Discord: Fimbulthulr#2129
    Timezone: EST
    *Two letters were sent in. One in Altalar, and one that's just a Common translation.*
    Dear Mariandel,
    My name is Ealireleia Carbellenor. I am a Bloodcast Knight from Anchal Sollen, a region within the wider Solleria where my kind the Solstithar Kathar, commonly reside. All my life I have trained with a Greatsword, and put those skills to the test. I am also an Exist-aligned Archblood if that will mean anything to you. I am bilingual, speaking Altalar natively, common, Katharic, and West-Anglian.
    I hope to meet you soon,
    Ealireleia Aleesia Carbellenor
    @Stellarrix

• Like Like x 1
  4. Stellarrix

Stellarrix Stormsong

Briareth would receive a return letter late in the evening, perhaps a somewhat antisocial time for it to be sent. Perhaps indicative of the type of person the scribe or deliveryman was.

Briareth,
    Knowledge is as valuable a commodity as they come, even moreso if such knowledge is gained from a place of experience as opposed to bookbound study. I would like to meet you soon to discuss this further. Thank you.
    Mariandel, Maiden of the Pale Flame.

Ealireleia would receive a return later close to midnight by a deliveryman who had been run ragged. It was delivered in pristine condition despite this, perhaps indicative of the personality of it's sender.

Ealireleia,
    A fellow resident of the Sollerian Isles is more than welcome amongst my circle, and I am intrigued by the nature of your Knighthood, I would like to know more of it in time. Please meet me soon to discuss this further.
    Thank you both for reaching out, I'll contact you on Discord soon! As of posting I'm heading to sleep however.

• Powerful Powerful x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  5. ZCA919

ZCA919

Minecraft Username: Axronix
    Character Name: Sihn-Baeldeth Ell'ahlvin
    Application Link: https://forums.massivecraft.com/threads/baeldeth.91528/#post-1025050
    Position (Warrior, Supporter, General RPG ‘Class’): Tanky Warrior
    Discord: Zeyrox#3204
    Timezone: MST

Not a letter, moreso a note, written on a small paper, in messy common.

I am Sihn-Baeldeth Ell'ahlvin. I am interested in joining your mercenary company. My training and experience as a sihndar has given me a skillset I, and others, have found to be most beneficial. I am a former member of the chancellors contingent, former violet guard. I am tolerant of magic, as long as it is being used the right way. Please consider.

A small, yet neat signature.
    Sihn-Baeldeth

@Stellarrix

6. Stellarrix

Stellarrix Stormsong

Baeldeth would receive a response letter just past the stroke of midnight, that same deliveryman who had been run ragged hours before with other letters would appear rested, and even mildly intoxicated. Just how much was this deliveryman paid? Once again, the letter itself was in pristine condition, handled with care and written with Est-Allorn elegance.

Sihn-Baeldeth,
    I know little of the Sihndar but I am aware of much of their plight in the frigid Drowdan north. Your skills and experiences will be invaluable to us, and your tolerance for magic is much appreciated. The wielding of Sorceries and Magicks foreign to our hands must be done with care and dignity, in that I agree. I would like to speak with you soon, to learn more about yourself and to become acquainted.

7. bwmwags3

bwmwags3 Refugee

Minecraft Username: Bwmwags3
    Character Name: Belthor
    Application Link: Belthor
    Position (Warrior, Supporter, General RPG ‘Class’): Beserker, ranged, horsemen
    Discord: bwmwags#1271

Hi,
    hope this works since I'm just handing it to you. Hi clerk

-Belthor
    @Stellarrix

8. DocterDuck

DocterDuck Refugee

Minecraft Username: DocterDuck
    Character Name: 'Avis' Cordol.
    Application Link: https://forums.massivecraft.com/threads/avis-cordol.95037/
    Warrior damage-sponge/supporter.
    Discord: Will send.
    A piece of parchment would be delivered over. It was coated in something of a raw, musky whiskey, with bits of polish scattered across the envelope. The envelope itself was a hardy piece of birchy skin, folded up at the four corners. Clamped down at its rightward-uppermost corner by a pebblish-looking stamp, the envelope itself had a slight bit of an opening at its center. Containing a sulfuric musk from inside, from the sender's own alchemical stench, the message itself would be revealed. It was tied to a slip of bronzed, browned papier, reading;

In acquaintance of the Pale Flame,

As a man of mercenary services mineself, I hath managed to find thine own organization an interest of mine. Seeing that thine own Embers initiative lacks membership, I offer mine own services in such regards. I can ultimately combat others, as thou may hath witnessed in my spar against one of thine ranking, as well. I am currently under harsh economic conditions, within mine own job hunting sprees and whatnot, to which I see that thine group could assist. With all three of those reasonings, I wish that thou consider mine text with thought.

In Regards,
    'Avis' R. Cordol.
    @Stellarrix

#8 DocterDuck, Jan 20, 2022
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2022
  9. InversedGremlin

InversedGremlin Who knows, maybe she is mabyelline Premium

Minecraft Username: InversedGremlin
    Character Name: [bweep]
    Application Link:
    Position (Warrior, Supporter, General RPG ‘Class’): Warrior-in-Training/Medic
    Discord: InversedGremlin#5865

A piece of parchment that had clear water and kaffee splotches would be slid under a door, left to be read when the owner of the house either trampled on it or saw it. The writing was clear and crisp, though not flowery by any means, the Altalar on the page was written expertly, as if someone native to the tongue of that writing it.

To the Maiden of the Pale Flame Company,

My name is Aailyah Hithaerben. Though not Altalar in appearance nor in the appearance of my name, I am half Solvaan. Though halfings are thought to be impure by my father's people, I still wish to represent my Altalar ancestors and inevitably learn more about them as I work for the company. I hope you can overlook this imperfection with gracious arms as we are not in Sollerian, but in Regalia where we are outnumbered and overseen.
    I am a trained physician hired by House Delmotte and The Sacred Winds Clinic, but do not fret-- I do have quite the time to see that I serve this company well as there is only one Delmotte that I must tend to on a regular basis. I acquired my expertise in the field during my time in Farah'deen with my mother, a Nationals Qadir. I have acquired fighting skills from both her and my father, leaving me familiar with swords, hand-to-hand, and dagger combat. However, I am best at my mundane field dressing and ability to heal quickly. Though I certainly can keep myself alive.
    If you have any interest in accepting me to the company, please send your letter to the House Delmotte, my place of residence. If you have any questions, I do request that we discuss in person as letters do lose their spark.

The signature appeared hurriedly written, elegant yet so messy in a way that was somehow still legible.
    Aailyah Hithaerben of Mooriye

10. Stellarrix

Stellarrix Stormsong

Belthor would eventually receive a letter delivered by a well-dressed gentleman of a mailman, who appeared to have only been given a rough description of what Avanthar to look for. They appeared to have asked many Avanthar for their names before Belthor.

Belthor,
    Mariandel has explained some of the situation to me, this will suffice for entry. Thank you.

'Avis' would receive a return missive, the gentlemanly deliveryman instructed to seek out a man covered in bandages. This search was fairly simple due to Avis' particular fashion choices.

'Avis' Cordol,
    Mariandel has seen what you can do and can vouch for your ability, making note of your rather extreme resilience in the field, as well as your learned wielding of alchemy. We can use someone like you, as much displeasure as the perfuming of your missive causes my scribe. Welcome.

Aailyah would receive a return missive by that same distinct gentlemanly deliveryman, arriving at the Delmotte Estate with intent for her hands only. The missive; unlike the other two the deliveryman carried was perfumed with lillies, and sealed with a silver waxen seal emblazoned with a flame. Quite the official looking document, a courteous requirement for delivery to a Noble's abode.

Aaliyah,
    I am inclined to agree with your father's views due to my own alignments, but I will cast no judgement on you, you did not choose your parents after all. We have much need for a medic, and from the detail of your letter you are quite worldly and learned, traits I appreciate vastly. Your current employment to the Delmotte also serves as quite the positive impression, I would like to meet with you post-haste for discussion. I hope that you will learn of the proud nature of your Solvaan heritage in our Company.

Thank you all for responding! I'll contact you on Discord shortly with invites. Thank you!

11. Caelamus

Caelamus Sir Honeybear the chronic druid main Supremium

Minecraft Username: Caelamus
    Character Name:
    Aer'bueari
    Application Link: yes
    token cleric archetype.
    Discord: Caelamus (Sir Honeybear)#1403
    Timezone:
    CST
    Hello there! I hope this letter finds you well. I would like to declare my interests in partaking in the kinship found among your company. I am well suited among honest warriors and my talents lend themselves quite well to such individuals. My name is Aer'bueari and you might come to find my presence invaluable.

12. Stellarrix

Stellarrix Stormsong

Aer'bueari would eventually receive a return missive by a distinctive gentleman deliveryman, the sort of well-groomed and properly dressed gent that would work in such an employment. The return letter was written in silver ink upon a jet-black scroll, sealed with a flame-emblazoned silver stamp.

Aer'bueari,
    I am intrigued by your confidence in your viability, and more than ready to put faith in the confidence your writing holds. I would like to meet with you soon for further discussions into what we can offer each other.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  13. leichendame

leichendame Regalian Pioneer

Minecraft Username: leichendame
    Character Name: Reinhilde Eolarien Brannt
    Application Link: https://forums.massivecraft.com/threads/reinhilde.96530/
    Camp attendant??
    Discord: leichendame#1091
    To Mariandel, Maiden of the Pale Flame,
    Everwatcher's greetings to you, I'm looking to apply to your company, particularly seeking a non-combative role. In this I have many years experience, many years caring for my ailing mother, three years working in a Calemberg tavern, and a brief one-month stint working as a house servant for the now defunct House Wulfmacht. I am able to practice basic medicine, cook, bake, serve drinks, and generally keep things clean, and running smoothly.
    Everwatcher's blessings,
    Reinhilde Eolarien Brannt

14. Stellarrix

Stellarrix Stormsong

Reinhilde would receive a fairly timely response at a good hour of the evening, that same gentlemanly deliveryman provided them with the letter before rather swiftly departing as though they had prior duties to attend to.

Reinhilde,
    Coincidentally I have been looking for someone with your particular skills recently, as all good Companies require a strong basis of support to continue operating. Namely your culinary skills intrigue me, but should those skills also extend to logisticial services I am sure you'll find an excellent position among our ranks. Please meet me at your earliest convenience, I may have need of your services immediately.
    Thank you for your interest! I will contact you on Discord shortly with requisite invites.

15. _Chui

_Chui :>

Minecraft Username: _Chui
    Character Name: Saurian
    Application Link: Saurian, The Bug Devourer
    Position (Warrior, Supporter, General RPG ‘Class’): Mixologist/Chef
    Discord: Chui#1437
    Dear Mariandel, Maiden of the Pale Flame,
    I am looking to find myself a position within the Pale Flame Company as either, or both a mixologist and chef. I have little to none combat skills, but I however do have previous experience as working as a bartender, and chef.
    In best regards,
    Saurian

16. Stellarrix

Stellarrix Stormsong

A letter would be returned to Saurian, bearing the sigil of the Pale Flame Company, a silver flame set upon a checker of violet and orange. The letter was delivered by an elderly-appearing Solvaan gentleman.

Saurian,
    I've dire need for someone with your talents to join our team, I do not ask combat skills of you despite our Company mostly comprising of such. One's men will only work their best with a bellyful of good food and merrymaking on quality drinks after all. Meet with me at the Pale Flame Lounge at your earliest convenience and I will get you acquainted with the amenities and test your skills.
    Sol Mene'lainn Cassin'tojei
    Vassal-Baroness of House Valloaan
    Captain of the Pale Flame Company
    General of the Regalian Empire

17. Stellarrix

Stellarrix Stormsong

This page has been updated with new text dividers, a few small additions and changes to the text included, and an updated member roster and hierarchy. It will continue to see aesthetic pages until I think it's perfect.

The Pale Flame Company is open to new members.
    The Pale Flame Lounge is open for active roleplay.

18. Kibaa

Kibaa Regalian Senator

Minecraft Username:
    Kibaa
    Character Name: Steelo Lynch
    Warrior
    Discord: Kiba#5037
    Timezone: Eastern Time U.S.A

"To whom it may concern...
    Fair greetings to the lot of you. I am a traveler coming up from the Emerald Isles. I've dabbled in mercenary work many times across my life, and currently find myself in need of employ. I would be more than proud to offer up my weapon in service of this prestigious sounding Pale Flame Company.

I await word from you eagerly,"

Steelo Lynch

19. TheSilverSpectre

TheSilverSpectre No, I will not do that for a Klondike bar.

Minecraft Username: RivallAngel
    Character Name: Erynor Valloan
    Application Link: Here
    Position: Fighter
    Discord: RivallAngel#1050

Dear Sol
    I've served as an armed escort for merchants for decades of my life, and while I have recently pursued the life of a peaceful nelfin I am called to live by steel once more. I will demonstrate my skill if necessary. Please write me back at the Valloaan Estate.

With Respect,
    Erynor Tarnac Valloaan

20. Stellarrix

Stellarrix Stormsong

A letter would be returned to Steelo, bearing the sigil of golden wings and a flickering silver flame upon a waxen seal and tied with golden ribbon. The letter was delivered by a seemingly elderly Solvaan.

Stellar_Divider.png
    Steelo Lynch,
    Fair greetings returned in kind, please find your way to the Pale Flame Lounge and leave a note behind the bar regarding a good meeting time for us to discuss this further.
    General under the Western Mark
    A letter would be returned to Erynor promptly, by the same elderly-appearing Solvaan attendant who had delivered Steelo's some time before. The letter had all the same decorum and fineries as the last.

Stellar_Divider.png

Lord Erynor Valloaan,
    We have not yet met, but as a humble and proud bannerman of the prestigious Valloaan House, I accept your request. Please meet with me at the Pale Flame Lounge at your earliest convenience to discuss this further.
    General under the Western Mark

• Like Like x 1
  21. Stellarrix

Stellarrix Stormsong

@TheSilverSpectre @Kibaa Sent that too early, whoops. Please contact me on Discord at Stellar#5233 for an invite to the Company Discord! Either that, or I'll find you in the Massivecraft public discord and send a message over. Thank you!

22. _Pebs

_Pebs Aspiring clown

Minecraft Username: PeBB3L
    Character Name: Kay Sylar Phaersalah Kee'lyth
    Application Link: https://forums.massivecraft.com/threads/kay-sylar-phaersalah-keelyth.94343/
    Position (Warrior, Supporter, General RPG ‘Class’): Support/Sorcerer
    Discord: Pebs#7418
    Timezone: CST (Central Standard Time)

Sol Mene'lainn,
    I would like to provide my skills in the arcane, and in healing, both magical and mundane, for the Pale Flames. I am also studied in the fields of alchemy and curing as well as being capable in combat. If you are in need of a recommendation, you can ask one of your officers, Briareth, for one. Hopefully, it would be unbiased.
    Sincerely,
    Kay Sylar Phaersalah Kee'lyth

@Stellarrix

23. uwuMaple

uwuMaple arf :3

Minecraft Username: Tsar_Maple/Trinimere
    Character Name: Kalarel
    Application Link: boop
    Position (Warrior, Supporter, General RPG ‘Class’): Support/Secretary
    Discord: Maple#1000
    Timezone: CDT

@Stellarrix

24. Stellarrix

Stellarrix Stormsong

Both accepted! I will send an invite to the Discord your way shortly.

25. Stellarrix

Stellarrix Stormsong

At long last, the Pale Flame Company has fully rebranded into the Dandelion Watch! From Mercenaries to do-good Vigilantes, whatever could go wrong?

Recruitment is OPEN.

26. BertToast

BertToast Tomato Cat

Minecraft Username: BertToast
    Character Name: Reselda De Gonzo
    Application Link: https://forums.massivecraft.com/threads/reselda-de-gonzo.90299/
    Position (Warrior, Supporter, General RPG ‘Class’): Witchy healer
    Discord: BertToast#6627
    Timezone: CT
    Dear Sol Ma'ess Mene'lainn Cassin'tojei,

I recently heard that you were recruiting for The Dandelion Watch. Given the circumstances, I believe you will find my services useful, as I am a skilled magical and mundane healer with experience curing Vampirism, Cahalism, and all matter of curses. I am also a proficient alchemist and mage and can assist your group in combat if need be. Thank you for considering my offer and I look forward to hearing from you.

Sincerely,
    Reselda de Gonzo

27. Stellarrix

Stellarrix Stormsong

Good gravy it's been a while, after almost a year we're back in action.

Recruitment has been reopened, all previous memberships scrubbed from the records. Apply, or contact me, if you'd like to tag along and see where it goes this time.

28. InversedGremlin

InversedGremlin Who knows, maybe she is mabyelline Premium

Minecraft Username: InversedGremlin
    Character Name: [bweep]
    Application Link:
    Position (Warrior, Supporter, General RPG ‘Class’): Supporter with Means to Fight
    Discord: InversedGremlin#5865
    Brief Letter to Meriya (Too bad, you're getting a letter again!):

A piece of parchment would appear before Meriya in a cloud of purple and gold mist-- a signature of the now-Archon. For once, the paper was free of kaffee! Though, it was certainly because it was simply Magicked to Meriya.

To Watch Commander Meriya,

I find it quite amusing that I find myself writing this letter again, Meriya. Though - I do it with great joy and a smile on my face. I have greatly missed the days of the Pale Flame Company, now Dandelion Watch. I hope that you are willing to welcome me back. While my Magic has changed and my loyalities to 'supernatural' matters, I am certainly still Aaliyah. Please write me back (and perhaps mail deliver me a bottle of brandy for good old times) if I am accepted.

The signature appeared hurriedly written, elegant yet so messy in a way that was somehow still legible.
    Aailyah Al-Hakim
    Conjurer of Zanobi
    Loyal Servant for the Empire

29. ZCA919

ZCA919

Minecraft Username: ZCA919
    Character Name: Sihn-Baeldeth Daevaar
    Application Link:https://forums.massivecraft.com/threads/sihn-baeldeth-daevaar.91528/#post-1052986
    Position (Warrior, Supporter, General RPG ‘Class’): DEFENSIVE FRONTLINE COMBATANT (WARRIOR/SUPPORTER/PALADIN TYPE ALL IN ONE)
    Discord: ZCA919#3204
    Timezone: MST
    Brief Letter to Meriya

Hello, Meriya.

Long time ago, I wrote a letter asking to join the Pale Flame.

I write again today, in the aftermath of us all being fired.

I am a defensive combatant. I can deal damage, but best suited for a Frontline setting where some sort of line needs to be held, or where lighter armored, more offensive teammates need a bulky teammate.

I have experience in raids, sieges, sneaking around, et cetera
    Please consider me.

I will not blow this off like I did in the past.

A small, regal signature is at the bottom.

Sihn-Baeldeth Daevaar
    of Drowda

[/SPOILER/]

On mobile. Forums are wonky, sorry for split letter

30. Stellarrix

Stellarrix Stormsong

Both accepted and contacted.