Ash Thallar

Discussion in 'Character Sheets' started by SilverShroom12, Jun 13, 2021.

1. SilverShroom12

SilverShroom12

Character Information

• Full Name: Ash Thallar, Fern

• Race: Solstithar Kathar, Mixed Culture.

• Sex: Male

• Sexuality: Yes

• Eye Color: Hazlenut Brown
    Core Concept

• Ash believes in the power of the void, particularly Nirualla and void-flora. She does acknowledge, however, the power of many other deities, but some are lesser than others.

• Ash is a merchant who’s travelled the world before settling in Regalia, trying to settle down and hiding their identity.
    Proficiency Information

• 5 Warlash Combat
    • 7 Gardening Art, 2 hobby
    • 3 Mixology Art, 3 hobby
    • 5 Husbandry Art, 5 hobby,(Jhong-Li Nightingale named Ori)
    • Magitech Engineering, 15 points
      • Environment
      • Golem
      • Mending
      • Weapons
      • Familiar
    • Roguery, 3 points
      • Rogue Gift 4
    • Sorcery, 12 points
      • Flux Shift 7
      • Flux Shift 5
      • Home Enchant 9
      • Light Mend 3
    • 0 unused
    • 9 Phys Stat

Ability Information
    • Solstithar Racials
      • Kathar Binding 1 & 2
      • Arcane Mastery
      • Arken Speculate
      • Flux Shift 6
      • World Shift 1
      • Peace Reign 2
      • Shrewd Insight 1
    • Cratos Set
      • Mechanical Chassis
    • Dark Metal engineering
      • Environment
      • Golem
      • Control
      • Biotics
      • Mending
      • Weapons
      • Familiar
      • Hooking
      • Hacking
    • Roguery
      • Rouge gift 4
    • Void Sorcery
      • Flux Shift 7
      • Flux Shift 5
      • Home Enchant 9
      • Light Mend 3
    Languages
    • Common
    • Sinnayed(Free)
    Appearance Information

• 6 '5 with light grey skin and bright green eyes, and coppery brown hair.
    • Disguises usually as a 4 foot mushroom man/woman/omnipotent being with a red cap instead of hair and pale white skin, and brown eyes.
    • Tech Form-Ash's Tech form is heavily inspired by their mushroom Guise, appearing like a much more taller and imposing [Insert Attunement Color here] Colored Mushroom, with a harmless liquid that appears like blood or mist of whatever color that flows off of the mushroom cap. Underneath their mushroom cap is a ring of lights that gives them an odd air. Their arms become twisted limbs of dark metal that stick out, and their legs seem to multiply into these twisted limbs as well. If one was to look up under the hood of the mushroom, they would see Ash has almost nothing of a face, just the bare minimum to speak and drink blood when vampire attunement >:) Also, the tech form's skin is always slightly oily, not enough to drip or anything though.
    Life Story

• Born to Mallin Thallar, a carpenter from Regalia, and a Mother whom Ash never met.

• The pair travelled the world for about 50 years, selling and trading while making friends along the way. Mallin died during a barfight when as was 52.

• Continued travelling the world, learning from many cultures, and taking on a few traditions, all shaping Ash's personality.

• Settled in Regalia, joined a pirate crew, had a child, made a bff, the normal stuff XD.

Progression Information

• Engineer level 2

• Warrior level 1

#1 SilverShroom12, Jun 13, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 20, 2022
  2. festiveCorvid

festiveCorvid Product of German Engineering Premium

claimed for review

• Like Like x 1
  3. festiveCorvid

4. festiveCorvid

Reapproved.

5. festiveCorvid

@SilveRDeeRPlays Your character cannot look under 18 and be older than that. Change this.

6. festiveCorvid

7. festiveCorvid

Reapproved but under the assumption you have another character using archblood knowledge on Ash.

8. Follower

Follower :3c

@SilveRDeeRPlays Hello I have picked up this application for review, expect a reply with 48 hours.

9. Follower

Follower :3c

10. Yurs

Yurs real life catgirl

Claimed for staff review! Expect a reply shortly

11. Yurs

Yurs real life catgirl

Howdy! There's a few things that need to be adjusted before I can approve this app:
    • Your character's current proficiency spread has too many high-skill craft investments. We generally restrict it to 1 - 2 per character, and you currently have Engineering, Roguery, Sorcery. Please cut down on one, or remove Engineering altogether as it is concept poisoning for a Yanar to have Engineering.
    • Yanar should not be Cratos. I don't see any mention of it on your app, but noticed in the replies you brought it up. Please change this, since, as mentioned above, it is concept poisoning and does not make sense with the lore of the race.
    In general, there are significant problems with this app stemming primarily from the fact that the character is a Yanar. I would recommend changing their race to Kathar, as this would fit much better with what you're going for.

Once you've gone ahead and made the necessary changes go ahead and tag me. Thank you for understanding!

12. SilverShroom12

SilverShroom12

Oop, just got back from a big trip so I'm only seeing this now.

I thought I'd seen another Yanar character that was a cratos/was engineering based, sorry about that. I will go ahead and do some of the other things such as kind of removing all the heavy Kathar additions here and the high-level point investments, but is there any way I could keep engineering, as both that and being a Yanar are big aspects of the character. If not I will get rid of that too but I wanted to check first :)

P.S, sorry if that was hard to read, I'm a very scatterbrained person

13. Yurs

Yurs real life catgirl

Hiya! No worries, take your time on revisions and replies. There's no rush at all!

While there have been Engineering-based Yanar in the past, on reflection staff have collectively decided that this concept goes against the intent of Yanar in the lore and feels very out of place in the roleplay setting. It's entirely possible that you've seen Yanar engineers being roleplayed before, but most likely, when they go up for review again, they'll be reviewed under the same standards and given the same feedback I have given you.

We want to keep plant people plant people, with their unique culture and racial features, and introducing industry and technology dilutes the nature-oriented focus of Yanar and makes it feel less like a racial identity and more like a coat of paint slapped onto an otherwise very interesting concept. Again, I think there's nothing wrong with a very old Void-sourced Engineer who dabbles in sorcery and has a Katharic background. In fact, I think that's a really cool idea. I would just recommend, if you go that route, to transfer them to a race more suited for that characterization.

If you're particularly attached to the Yanar aesthetic you could also take Flux Shift 7, which will let you keep the mushroom appearance but preserve all the points of the original application. Just my thoughts though, and ultimately you're free to tweak it however!

Also, Genetics have been removed as a point-buy since the last review. You can go ahead and remove it and invest those points into something else.

14. SilverShroom12

SilverShroom12

Hiya! Fair enough, the only problem with changing the race to other races, particularly Slizzar(That's the only race with Flux Shift 7 iirc) is that my character had a child IC, so particularly with the Slizzar and the whole twin thing that'd be a bit weird retconning wise, so I might just make this character more into a yanar-style character for now. Thank you for trying to help though!

15. SilverShroom12

SilverShroom12

Also, deleting a bunch of my messages to make it a bit easier to scroll down.

16. FutureTeller

FutureTeller Criminally mad with no batteries

Flux Shift 6 & 7 are sorcery spells anyone can get.
    Slizzar only possess Flux Shift 1-5.

17. SilverShroom12

SilverShroom12

@Yurs Should be good to go now!

18. Yurs

Yurs real life catgirl

Looks great! There's only one more thing before I can approve this:
    • You currently have 51 Points spent of the maximum 50. This is a super easy fix, just need you to go ahead and remove 1 somewhere or shuffle them around a bit.
    Go ahead and tag me once you have so I can approve, thank you!

19. SilverShroom12

SilverShroom12

20. Yurs

Yurs real life catgirl

Looks great!

APPROVED

21. SilverShroom12

SilverShroom12

Hiya! Cratos Tiiime

-Added Mechanical Chassis Ability
    -Added Mechanical Form Description

#21 SilverShroom12, Jan 19, 2022
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2022
  22. Yurs

Yurs real life catgirl

Looks good! There's a few edits that need to be made before I can approve it, though:
    • You currently have 5 Sorcery Spells selected, but have only invested enough points for 4. Please shuffle your points around or remove 1 spell.
    • Also, please clarify which type of Sorcery your character is using (Exist or Void).
    Please remember to tag me once you've made the necessary changes, since I won't know to review your app unless you include @Yurs in your post

23. SilverShroom12

SilverShroom12

@Yurs Fixed! Don't know how the extra spell got there.

24. Yurs

Yurs real life catgirl

APPROVED

25. SilverShroom12

SilverShroom12

@Yurs I'm gonna be making another character with the same idea as this one but I'm gonna use a different thread, I think I'm supposed to have you mark it as rejected?