Played Character Jugo Vialros-conayr Of House Jones

Discussion in 'Character Sheets' started by FolkFume, Mar 30, 2021.

1. FolkFume

FolkFume

Character Information
    • Full Name: Jugo Vialros-Conayr of House Jones.
    • Race: Ailor (Krainivaya)
    • Eye Color: Green
    Core Concept
    • Jugo firmly believes in the “ethos” of Unionism. That is to say the fundamental principles of it. He believes greatly in the Unionistic belief that by coming together as and proving ourselves that we may one day create a paradise upon the earth in which all races may prosper. He admires and worships the God Emperors/Empresses. The forgiveness and mercy of Ness. The Morality and Wisdom of Theomar. The wit of Julvin. The sense of Justice of Almar. The Perseverance of Allest. The Strength of Elia. And finally, the Spirit and Goodwill of Vess.
    • Jugo is a Knight of the Bloodcast Order (Forneik Chapter), he seeks to right wrongs, protect the weak, and most importantly; bring hope into the unsmiling world of Regalia. Your classic Paladin, if you will.
    Proficiencies
    • Strength: 2
      • Steady Body Pack (Heritage)
      • Technique Parry Pack
      • Building Scale
    • Constitution: 5
      • Familiar Disrupt (Racial)
      • Shield Cover (Free)
      • Shield Deflect
      • Shield Bunker
      • Shield Taunt
      • Shield Slam
      • Shield Block
    • Wisdom: 0
    • Dexterity: 0
    • Magic : 0
    • Faith: 7
      • Divine Stance (Free)
      • Divine Aura Pack
      • Divine Savior Pack
      • Divine Aggro Pack
      • Divine Revive
      • Divine Rescue
      • Divine Burn
      • Divine Smite
    Abilities

Languages
    • Common (Free)
    • Kriv (Native)
    Appearance Information
    • Jugo is a Mundane Ailor.
    • Jugo stands a good 5'9", sporting a Muscular Body Shape and Built Body Fat. Clad in a simple gambeson of elaborate orange and green patterning, and some ol' boots! Otherwise he will be clad in a set of dark, slightly yellow but immaculately polished suit of steel plate. The red cloak often on his shoulders is even more immaculately looked after than the plate itself, it seemed Jugo values it highly. He sports bold features and an even bolder set of mane-like brown hair.
    Life Story
    Born within a Stronghold of the great Bloodcast Order, it seemed that Jugo’s future was set from the moment he was born. Jugo’s parents were both a kind of wayward knight (like all bloodcast) after their times as Schilders. Jugo’s mother, Dender Conayr, often took on quests that would have her visit backwater towns, new frontiers, and overseas voyages. While Jugo’s father, Grargor Vialros of House Jones, was more usually acting in lands considered foreign to Regalia, sometimes as an envoy but most often keeping watch over citizens of Regalia within the strange lands.

The two first met during a tournament for knights of lower rank as opponents, though simple attendance to the same event wasn’t what initially drew them to have an interest in one another. Rather, it was that when they were to face off, their competition continuously ended in stalemate! This state of deadlock repeated several times, having them repeat various different challenges against each other, eventually ending in another tie. By the end of it all, the judges had decided to declare them both the victor of the tourney rather than continue the standstill.

The two, after the event, took to talking and learned the differences of their nomadic tendencies that they both shared, and whether by newfound respect for one another, or a simple desire for companionship, they decided to accompany and work together on their missions. Years past and respect turned to camaraderie and camaraderie into love, and from love came a child named Jugo.

During his earliest years Jugo lived a relatively simple childhood. Though, of course, upon his 7th birthday, Jugo entered the service of his father, though it wasn’t quite as simple as that. When they married, Dender and Grargor opted to add the last name of the other to their own rather than only inherit one. And they applied this sensibility to the raising of their son as well. While by official standards Jugo was the page of his father, it was truly more of a joint tutelage, as Jugo's parents were scarcely seen separately. During this time, Jugo would remain within the comparable bounds of society and fulfilled a relatively normal time as a Schilder, getting educated and running errands.

It was by the time he was 14 when things took a change. Dender and Grargor returned to their wayward ways. Taking Jugo along with them on outstretching quests within the kingdom.

Jugo would continue on with his path to knighthood, his parents and the order doing well to instill arms. But most importantly they did all they could to instill their morals into Jugo. Their times out among backwater wilds, lawless reaches, and places where order had broken down and given way to chaos and misery. These experiences caused them both to develop their own personal codes of ethics. Above all the teachings of arms, history, and language, the most important teaching they worked to instill in Jugo was that of honor and spirit. Even going so far as to place him in the service of a simple blacksmith to teach him humility, a task, which would oddly become something of a hobby for the Wayfaring Schnilder.

His 21st birthday would mark Jugo’s acceptance as a knight but also mark his departure from his parents. Jugo had always valued the time he spent with them, but it was time to strike out on his own and find his own codes. They wished each other luck on the trials ahead and set off their separate ways.

For the remainder of his life Jugo traveled abroad the realm, seeing himself as a kind of knight errant, going from place to place, righting wrongs and bringing justice to those who needed it. Upon his travels, Jugo encountered a miss-mashed band of aberrant hunters armed with puretek, light-based spells, and hollowtech, doing battle with a group of vampires. Jugo joined in upon the fray, and with his help, the vampires were defeated. After the battle Jugo conversed with the band and learned of their mission to liberate a town under the domination of vampires and swiftly joined in among their number. The next few years Jugo aided the band in their campaign, learning a few tricks on his way. The band taught Jugo the know-how of an esoteric recipe that would allow him to fight off afflictions, something Jugo was taught during the very beginnings of their assault. Jugo accepted gratefully and eagerly.

Upon the liberation of the town came the end of the campaign and from that came the next chapter in Jugo’s life. He bid his friends farewell and made way for Regalia.
    • Childhood: Born within a Stronghold of the great Bloodcast Order, it seemed that Jugo’s future was set from the moment he was born. Jugo’s parents, were both Krain and Bloodcasts in their own right. Jugo’s mother, Dender Conayr, often took on quests that would have her visit backwater towns, new frontiers, and overseas voyages. While Jugo’s father, Grargor Vialros of House Jones, was usually acting in lands considered foreign to Regalia, sometimes as an envoy but most often keeping watch over citizens of Regalia within the strange lands. Jugo lived a relatively simple childhood until his 7th birthday, wherein, he entered a joint-tutelage beneath his parents. Still, it went relatively normal time as a Schilder, getting educated and running errands.
    • Adolescence: It was by the time he was 14 when things took a change. Dender and Grargor returned to their wayward ways. Taking Jugo along with them on outstretching quests within the kingdom. Jugo would continue on with his path to knighthood, his parents and the order doing well to instill teachings of horse riding, and arms. But most importantly they did all they could to instill their morals into Jugo. Their times out among backwater wilds, lawless reaches, and places where order had broken down and given way to chaos and misery. These experiences caused them both to develop their own personal codes of ethics. Above all the teachings of arms, history, and language, the most important teaching they worked to instill in Jugo was that of honor and spirit. Even going so far as to place him in the service of a simple blacksmith to teach him humility, a task, which would oddly become something of a hobby for the Wayfaring Schnilder.
    • Early Adulthood: His 21st birthday would mark Jugo’s acceptance as a knight but also mark his departure from his parents. Jugo had always valued the time he spent with them, but it was time to strike out on his own and find his own ways. They wished each other luck on the trials ahead and set off their separate ways.
    • Advanced Years: For the remainder of his life Jugo traveled abroad the realm, seeing himself as a kind of knight errant, going from place to place, righting wrongs and bringing justice to those who needed it. Upon his travels, Jugo encountered a miss-mashed band of aberrant hunters, doing battle with a group of vampires. Jugo joined in upon the fray, and with his help, the vampires were defeated. After the battle Jugo conversed with the band and learned of their mission to liberate a town under the domination of vampires and swiftly joined in among their number. The next few years Jugo aided the band in their campaign, learning a few tricks on his way.
    • Reason for going to Regalia: Upon the liberation of the town came the end of the campaign and from that came the next chapter in Jugo’s life. He bid his friends farewell and made way for Regalia, drawn by the news of its many Crises.

• Winner Winner x 1
    #1 FolkFume, Mar 30, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 9, 2024
  2. FolkFume

FolkFume

For anyone who takes up this post for review and knows if its "history". Know that I will be far more agreeable than when last I posted it. I made some mistakes during that time and I don't plan to repeat myself. I ask you that forgive me for my behavior.

3. Kyriosus

Kyriosus yes

Hi FolkFume! I actually have a few suggestions since no-one has claimed this yet, but I figured I'd help you out and possibly give you some avenues of approach. Take all of it as you feel.

I think it still might be a good idea to lower some of your combat proficiencies. Your character will and can be the knight and combat-based character you want him to be, but the problem that DedJok brought up is that when you have combat proficiencies that high, combat (at least with most mundane and petty sorcerers) becomes a little one-sided, which isn't fun for anyone. For aberrations like Vampires and Werebeasts, they are designed to be stronger, however are confined to the lowest parts of society and can/will be hunted down and cured for their entire time as an aberrant. For combat roleplay with your character to be more enjoyable to both sides, I think you should lower some investment to where you have a bit of an edge over most opponents, but not hugely.

Here are my suggestions:
    • Since you've said he doesn't do much other than knightly things and combat, you could lower his age and still invest all of your (lessened) proficiency points into combat. He'd be like he was at his prime, and still combat-based.
    • You could also keep his age and decide to leave some points unspent. Your character will naturally grow over time, and you can spend those points on hobbies or other things that he picks up and learns. Who knows what he might get into? A lot of the time, characters don't end up the way they were planned.
    • Finally, you could probably keep one combat proficiency (if you really think you need to) at 20, and lessen the others a bit more to give him a bit of a specialty, instead of a jack-of-all-trades combat knight character.
    Hope this helps!

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. FolkFume

FolkFume

Those sound like a series of wonderful ideas. I think I'll use them when it comes to it. You're help is appreciated.

5. KrakenLord01

KrakenLord01 That Guy

Taking this app for review!

6. KrakenLord01

KrakenLord01 That Guy

7. FolkFume

FolkFume

@KrakenLord01

Finally made some adjustments to fall in line with the new proficiency update. Removed talent point abilities and lowered Swords by 3 and invested those points in Rogue Gift 4. All changes highlighted in Violet. Have a good one!

8. KrakenLord01

KrakenLord01 That Guy

Re-approved!

9. FolkFume

FolkFume

@KrakenLord01
    Made one tiny adjustment and added Wall Climb 3 and lowered Swords by 3 to make up for the point allocation. All changes highlighted in Violet!

10. KrakenLord01

KrakenLord01 That Guy

11. FolkFume

FolkFume

@KrakenLord01

I have made a few small changes to Jugo. One is that I removed Rogue Gift 4 from Jugo's sheet, having not used the ability once with him unfortunately and find it a bit unfitting due to his being clad head to toe in plate all the time. Second I replaced his sword proficiency with One-Handed Blunt just since I'm starting to enjoy the style of Blunt weapons more and like to visualize Jugo as more of a mace user. I also drooped One-Handed Blunt down by 2 points and put all leftover points into a hold over to be learned through rp!
    A few minor changes such as physical state and the replacement of the word "Sword" for "Mace" in order to make the change in proficency make sense. All changes highlighted in Violet have a good one!

12. FolkFume

FolkFume

@Staff Roleplay

Just pinging Roleplay staff because I have recently just been informed my previous reviewer won't be able to re-review it.

13. KrakenLord01

KrakenLord01 That Guy

Re-approved!

• Like Like x 1
  14. FolkFume

FolkFume

@KrakenLord01

With all the stuff that's going on in the city I've been made aware of the existence of Archan Ailor. A lineage that is around fighting demons and darkness, a lineage that is EXACTLY what I want Jugo to do. In light of this I've changed his lineage and switched it back to swords to fit with the racial and the new style. Otherwise no other changes. All changes highlighted in Violet.

Apologizes in advance for changing Jugo back to how he was originally stated stated for the lineage.

#14 FolkFume, Aug 23, 2021
    Last edited: Aug 23, 2021
  15. KrakenLord01

KrakenLord01 That Guy

16. FolkFume

FolkFume

@KrakenLord01

With the new Ailor Update I've caught Jugo up to speed on the Application template and re-jiggered his points due to Seizing innovation and the requirement of 10+ for racials. All changes highlighted in Violet. Have a good one!

17. KrakenLord01

KrakenLord01 That Guy

You'll need to tag for a new reviewer, as I'm no longer staff.

18. FolkFume

FolkFume

@Staff Roleplay

With the new Ailor Update I've caught Jugo up to speed on the Application template and re-jiggered his points due to Seizing innovation and the requirement of 10+ for racials. All changes highlighted in Violet. Have a good one!

19. Acosmism

Acosmism Sugar Parental Unit

Claimed for review

20. Acosmism

21. Acosmism

Pulling this back into review as a mistake was pointed out to me: you currently have literally sixty points invested in combat alone. That’s over the fifty allotted without boosts; you’ve essentially used all of your core points plus any bonuses you have for combat alone. I request that you remove at least 30 points from combat and put them into something else. Also please specify where the wall climb is coming from if you keep that.

22. Acosmism

You have 1-2 weeks to make these changes or this app will be marked as rejected.

23. FolkFume

FolkFume

Oops! Sorry about that. I was sick with the flu when I checked the app and ended up forgetting about the needed change. I'll start to drum up ideas on where to put the points. Have a good one!

24. FolkFume

FolkFume

@Acosmism
    I believe I've got all the request changes. I've reduced Jugo's battle prowess some by removing 12 points from puretek, putting those points into Hollowtech Engineering instead. Next I've replaced Wall Climb 3 with Affliction knowledge. Originally Jugo had Rogue Gift 4 along with Wall Climb 3 but I eventually removed Rogue Gift 4 because in play, he wasn't one to sneak around, and it didn't fit. Wall Climb 3 was just left because I didn't know what to do with it.
    I've also removed the +5 racial boost from his Sword Combat to try and make him more manageable.
    Lastly I've re-jiggered his background a bit, adding on the part about Hollowtech and Affliction Knowledge but not too much else.
    All changes highlighted in Violet, have a good one!

25. Acosmism

The only thing I’m going to ask you to change here is to cut back on the shielding a bit and then you should be good to go.

26. FolkFume

FolkFume

@Acosmism
    That sounds quite alright, though I'd like to ask if it's alright if I lower his Puretek down to 4 or remove it entirely in place of lowering his shielding. I've always had Jugo designed in mind with being a protector, and I want him to be the very best possible at that so I don't mind lowering or removing the puretek for shielding if that's reasonable. Especially due to the new addition of Hallowtech which allows Jugo to still maintain his 'holy warrior/paladin' vibe without magic, which was the original reason I took puretek (since magic is seen as demonic by most Unionist sects).
    If not, that's perfectly fine. Thanks for being patient with me and I apologize for this being a process. Have a good one!

27. Acosmism

No need to apologize. After reading your reasoning, my request still stands in that I think shielding should be lowered. The reasoning behind this is that you are trying to do combat while also maintaining all your engineering; Puretek is the thing less functionally used out of all your points, and therefore is easy to discard because it won't change up your chances in CRP at all. Shielding is a lot to have on top of what you do already. Regardless of what your intentions are with your point-spread. I hope this helps!

28. FolkFume

FolkFume

@Acosmism

There we are! I've reduced Shield from 20 down to 16 and also removed 2 points from Sword Combat simply for the whole numbers, leaving those points unspent until I figure out what to do with them. I don't mind reducing Engineering some if it means I keep maximum protection but this is a fine setup as is.

All changes highlighted in Violet and once again, have a good one my friend!

29. Acosmism

Approved! Thank you.

30. FolkFume

FolkFume

@Acosmism

I've went ahead and given Jugo what I'd consider a light overhaul after being exposed to other pieces of inspiration, looking at my other characters and what facets of roleplay they're able to engage in, learning how certain rules work or that certain things didn't work the way I thought they did and just general talks with friends on what would be an interesting route to take Jugo.

DROPPED Shielding and removed all mention of from the background. I noticed that I already had a character who fulfilled the 'protector who is on the mundane people's side' role and am trying to give Jugo a more heroic attacker role. Shielding just doesn't fit the the new concept.
    DROPPED Hollowtech Enviroment and Hollowtech Biotics. Biotics had a bit of overlap with my other character Reynard among other reason, and Environment was something I misunderstood the meaning of when I read it over so I decided to remove it.
    DROPPED Hunting art. Again, a bit of overlap with Reynard and I also never actually got much roleplay out it with him and wanted to free up Hobby points to further focus on what made Jugo, Jugo and allow for other Hobbies I'm having a growing interest in.

INCREASED
    Husbandry to 10. I didn't realize Husbandry 10 was required in order to properly do mounted combat which was my original idea for my Knight boyo. As such, I've moved over the Hunting Art points here.
    INCREASED Swords from 10 to 15 with the Racial Boost. Simply added the racial boost back given the changes but I'm more than willing to drop it back down if the re-addition is too much.
    INCREASED Puretek to 20. With Jugo's concept switching over to more of a what I call a 'Heroic Attacker' I decided to bring his Puretek back up, which I think also supports his Holy Warrior vibe given he would devote a lot more to puretek. I also just like puretek, it's neat...

ADDED
    11 Wooden Art. I've been reading up on the Woods on the Wood Table and they really peaked my interest, so I'd like to give Wooden Art a try to bring some of that new interest into the roleplay. I also felt that the background detail of his Wooden Art was superior to Hunting Art. As, instead of just being a hobby, it was more so meant to be a lesson on humility, but then became a hobby.
    ADDED 5 Strength Training as a part of the time he worked under the Lumberjack. Jugo is a strong, knightly man, and this accentuates that a bit. I also want Jugo to be one of the few people who can say that they stopped a Tower (or what have you) from collapsing on someone. But maybe that's just a pipe dream...

I also made slight tweaks to the background in order to remove or add details that were removed or added. All changes highlighted in Violet have a good one Acosmism!

31. Caelamus

Caelamus Sir Honeybear the chronic druid main Supremium

Approved.

32. FolkFume

FolkFume

@Caelamus

I went ahead and added on Jugo's prog talents since he'll be participating in a upcoming prog. All changes highlighted in Violet have a good one!

33. Caelamus

Caelamus Sir Honeybear the chronic druid main Supremium

34. FolkFume

FolkFume

I've went ahead and updated Jugo to the new proficiency update. Everything should be the same save for Jugo's puretek teaching being swapped with Magic, his Woodworking swapped with Metallury and his parents being both originally natives of Krainivaya, simply due to the fact that their "smile in the face of tragedy" belief, fits Jugo all too well.

35. fantuinn

fantuinn most honest biped in athens Staff Member Lore2

36. FolkFume

FolkFume

@fantuinn

Small pack rearranged. Axe Pack was swapped with Blunt Pack. Storm Magic with Cosmic Magic. And Husbandry with BLOOD Magic. That's about it. All changes highlighted in Violet.

37. FolkFume

FolkFume

@fantuinn With the new Spell update and Engineering update I've went and did an update of my own! To Jugo's app that is! I've completely removed his magic and returned him back to his original, puretek and hollowtech wielding concept. Naturally, a few points have been rearranged due to that and all mention of magic in the background as been replaced with Hollowtech and Puretek. Otherwise, it's still the same ol' Jugo we know and love. All changes highlighted in Violet, have a good one!

38. ChapterDeath

ChapterDeath Roof that speaks Vampire Staff Member Lore2

Claimed for review

39. ChapterDeath

ChapterDeath Roof that speaks Vampire Staff Member Lore2

@FolkFume Pack names have changed, some like unarmed have been removed, in the time since you requested re-review, so just update those. @tag me when you're done.

40. FolkFume

FolkFume

@ChapterDeath There we are! All packs have been brought up to date and re-arranged SLIGHTLY but otherwise still in theme and within the point spread. All of them highlighted in Pink have a good one!