Played Character Rizu Sagh "the Clever Boy"

Discussion in 'Character Sheets' started by DogVibes, Dec 4, 2020.

1. DogVibes

DogVibes

Rizu Casper Sagh

"Cas"

[​IMG]

Created by Ghirko

[​IMG]

"Insecurities and ignorance blinds the world. If we are to evolve, we must accept our differences and work together."

Basic Information

Full Name: Rizu Casper Sagh

Nicknames: "Cas" / "Casper"

Race: Half Qadir / Half Ailor

Birth Date: November 25th

Sexuality: Asexual, Aromantic

Occult: Vampire Brood

Inventory Information

A Rapier on his hip, with a dark red hilt. The blade is made of Pattara, which looks like steel with a green tint and smells like fresh cut grass, with an Omnaleya rod in the hilt which allows it to make a deep pitched buzzing noise when moving through the air.

A few regals in his coat pockets.

Random metal scraps.

He always carried a pretty well made homemade coin with a picture of the Thousand Eyes (humanoid tree with eyes) on it and the engraving in Faraddi 'May the Thousand Eyes Watch over me'.

Core Concept

He follows the Thousand Eyes, Inth, the Colossus of Knowing, to a high extent. He has an unwavering loyalty towards the Voidal God, despite not outwardly admitting it to others.

The son to the legend, Rhys Sagh, himself, rolling with his own mixture of Clockwork Engineering and Medical Science with some Pathfinding on the side, this neglected and abused child born to two vampires is unwaveringly religious towards the Thousand Eyes, valuing knowledge even over his own well-being.

[​IMG]

"I've lived in the shadows of others my entire life, waiting to find my own purpose. Perhaps it’s time my purpose found me instead."

Skill Information

Strength: 2
    Technique Parry
    Pinning Throw
    Constitution: 0
    Magic: 0
    Wisdom: 4 (3 Free)
    Tech Talent Pack [Free]
    Tech Ghost Pack [Free]
    Tech Suit Pack [Free]
    Tech Gravity Pack
    Tech Stim Pack
    Tech Hook Pack
    Tech Antimagi Pack
    - Clockwork Branch
    Dexterity: 5
    Cutthroat Stance [Free]
    Cutthroat Dodge
    Cutthroat Reversal
    Cutthroat Evasion
    Cutthroat Timer
    Cutthroat Tears
    Faith: 3
    Cleric Talent Pack [Free]
    Sacred Healing Pack
    Sacred Gear Pack
    Sacred Revive Pack

Languages

Common
    Faraddi (Taught by Parents at Home)
    Vampire Speech (Brood Language)

[​IMG]

"Flesh corrupts the mind... makes one weak. Embracing technology is the first step to greatness."

Visual Information

He has a few abnormalities, including missing one of his eyes, replaced by clockwork biotics, and missing both of his hands, also now made of clockwork. Extending from his wrists are many scars as well as a few small scars around his missing eye. He also has Vitiligo, giving him patches of lighter skin all over his body.

A Qadir who looks to be a mixture of man and machine, with looks that are not too pleasing to the eye. Dark brown hair and one red eye with the other being a golden shade of copper made from clockwork, moving gears throughout the eye. He’s 6’0 with short, wavy hair lightly braided and normally wearing a dark trench coat and steel toed boots with earring stubs in his left ear.

Visual Information Expansion

Rizu has facial features much like his mother, his nose was slightly pointed. His lips are decently thin. His eyes are usually squinted slightly. He has an average sized forehead and his expression is usually smug- much like Sivo’s. He has dark brown, wavy hair. He’d keep his hair at a medium length, not quite to his shoulders. It would be messily fixed up, with bangs shaped to the right. He’d have a single braid in his hair, much like the hairstyle Hiccup from HTTYD 3. He also has a clockwork eye, his right eye. It would appear like the color of clockwork with gears moving inside, and both of his hands are made of clockwork, to appear like spindly, clawed hands.

Rizu is pretty fit, his muscles well built but leaving a more agile appearance, and taller than the average Qadir, thanks to his mother. He’d have limited body hair, much like Rhys. His skin color matched Rhys exactly- the Qadir skin color but with small patches of pale skin on his body. He weighs about 180 pounds.

The Qadir would normally wear dark brown, black, a deep red, or a neon yellow (for markings only). He’d usually always wear a trench coat or a coat of some form. He’d also wear minor armor, like a steel shoulder plate or small amounts of leather. Usually light armor fashioned over his coat. His boots are usually basic, leather boots, steel plated boots, or at times fancy, black boots. They were always steel toed. He wears small earrings in his left ear, usually only ever stubs fashioned to look like gears. Finally, Rizu wears an immense amount of clockwork, fashioned to his own tastes.

His voice is much like Rhys’ but sounds a little bit younger, like Rhys did when he was around his age. His voice is a bit deeper than before, and he learned how to lower his tone of voice, his voice much less excitable. His typical speed is pretty rushed. He speaks common and Faraddi very well. Reference

[​IMG]

“The ultimate goal of humanity is knowledge.”

Personality

How would your character express Happiness and Contentedness?
    He would give whoever gave him these emotions a hug and a grin on his face.

How would your character respond to experiencing Fear?
    He would freeze up and his eyes would dart around in paranoia, however he would also clench his fists and prepare to fight. He's fight rather then flight.

How would your character respond to experiencing Stress?
    He would tap his foot on the ground irritably and can lash out in anger if the stress is too major.

How does your character view Law and Authorities?
    He respects law and authority to some extent, but he would be willing to bend rules to his advantage.

How does your character feel about Races other than their own?
    He is not racist to anyone, except he does seem a bit on edge around Songaskians and any dragon-like people since he was taught the history of his two different ethnicities. He was also warned of the dangers of dragons.

How does your character feel about Religion for themselves, and other faiths?
    He found himself dedicating himself to the Void- upon learning about it. Specifically, he follows Djjwa Ifirti, believing him to expand his knowledge. He was taught of the Thousand Eyes from his father, Rhys.

How does your character feel about the Arcane and Magical in the world?
    He doesn't have much of an opinion on it. He knows it exists but he doesn't go out of his way to hate on it or praise it.

How does your character feel towards their family?
    He is family orientated, and especially loves his father. His mother, he believes is too strict, and even believes she doesn't love him at times. He loves and respects Rhys, but he also fears him slightly.

What is your character the most proud of about themselves?
    Rizu is most proud of his Qadir bloodline added with his abilities in creating. Whether that be clockwork, or maps.

What motivates your character to move forward and better their life?
    He wants to be a master clockwork engineer and wants to improve in his Rapier Combat. His motives are to create what he can, mapping, or clockwork wise, to better himself. He's a young man, and has a lot ahead of him.

What is your character's biggest insecurity?
    His biggest insecurity is his appearance. To him, he believes he will never find anyone who will love him for how he looks due to his odd appearance.

What is your character's biggest fear?
    Rizu's biggest fear is losing his family. He may be an angsty and rebellious, but bright teenager, but he really does love his family. His father especially. Isolation, namely. His secondary fear is losing his intellect or his ability to create.

[​IMG]

“All wicked are antagonist but all antagonist are not all wicked.”

Relationships

Hated Disliked Neutral Liked Trusted Loved

Djjwa Ifirti - "Oh great Thousand Eyes, please bless me and my loved ones with the strength and wisdom to pursue our greatest talents. What I would do to speak with you just once."

Rhys - "I love my father. He can be paranoid at times and sometimes even annoying, but overall I love him. I felt like I was in his shadow, so I left him to Farah’deen to his retirement to try to find my own way."

Alexandria - "She's my adoptive sister, although she's not blood, I consider her to be the best sister I could ask for."

Suki - "I used to date her, and she was very sweet and protective... but she dropped off the face of Regalia... Ghosted me. I really fucked up this time. I'm sorry, Suki, please come back."

Sivo - "She used to scare me, still kind of does... but I forgive her for what she has done. She is my mother, so I have to show some motive that I still love her."

Tyrian - "Uncle Tyrian is awesome! He's very protective and kind, he's also a really good person. He liked to take me places when I was young."

Alexa - "She's my other adoptive sister, but there's something off about her. I trust her, but I don't know how to ever interact with her."

Lewi - "She's wise and has good advice, but she also seems to doubt my abilities in protecting myself. Hm."

Ash Knight - "He is very wise and has many stories from his past. I help him with what he needs and he teaches me things from the history of my ancestors. I trust him."

Clairess - "I'd consider her to be an aunt of mind, if that Aunt was terrifying, unpredictable, and insane. However she seems to like me... And she's nice sometimes. Just in a strange way."

Sylph - "He's an asshole. Simply put. He did many bad things to my father and said many bad things about him. I'll avoid him if I can help it."

Zeriel - "I saved his skin and he repays me by threatening me, Suki, and acting greater than thou. Someone needs to show this man his place."

Life Story

Rizu Sagh was born on November 25th, 30 years ago, to Rhys and Sivo Sagh at the Oldtown Clinic in Regalia. Rhys was obsessed in his work and rarely ever there, and Sivo was abusive and obsessed in her own training. His family was broken but he loved them nonetheless.

When he was a child, at 10 years old, he was introduced to rapiers, which Sivo taught him how to use. At about 12 years old, he started becoming interested in Geography and maps, studying them and learning to make his own. At 13, Sivo gave him his own Rapier. As he grew older, he started growing an interest with clockwork. His father taught him about religion and he started praising Inth, the Colossus of Knowing, at a young age.

As a child and young adult, he fell in love with Zhao Suki. They were childhood lovers for a time. He snuck out of the house a lot, despite his parents’ wishes. But he also spent a lot of time researching, learning clockwork, and geography. As a young one, he screwed up. Influenced by an Isldar, he broke all of his own and Rhys’ clockwork… Rhys took it poorly and they got into a fight. He lost his eye that day, by his own hand. He realized his mistake and started praising the Thousand Eyes once more, going back to Clockwork.

As he got older and wiser, Rizu started becoming interested in healing others and the art of a Cleric. As he learned the ins and outs of machinery, he wanted to learn about other things. He mastered medical over time and spent a lot of time at the Collective Base, reforming his mastery in all of his knowledge. His parents both moved with his siblings and he went with them to Farah’deen for a while, spending time at a Clinic in Farah’deen and helping others.

And the time came that he decided for as long as he stuck around his father, he would always only be a shadow. Despite his unconditional love for his family and strong bonds with them, he moved out, back to Regalia. He came back in hopes to start anew and help others, out of his father’s shadow and into the light of his own path.

Extended Life Story

Reader’s Notice: I developed everything in his life story on Massivecraft. From his birth to his current events, Rizu was a character that developed over time in roleplay.

0-10

Rizu Casper Sagh was born on November 25th to Rhys and Sivo at the Oldtown Clinic in Regalia. He was born to two obsessed vampire. His parents were overjoyed with his birth and took him home to raise him.

As he grew up, he grew fond of Clockwork and tinkering with different items. He seemed to enjoy reading and tinkering with items. Rizu was a very curious and quiet child, living life to the fullest in his sheltered home.

10-12

At about 10 years old, Rizu was introduced to rapiers, which Sivo taught him how to use- much to Rhys' disappointment. At about 12 years old, Rizu started becoming more rebellious and demanded to be called 'Cas'. He hates when his parents or others call him anything else. At about this age, he started getting interested in Geography and maps, asking for more books and maps, as well as the history of the geographical places.

13-14

Eventually, he grew fond of rapiers, and at age 13, Sivo gave him his own Rapier. He learned how to use rapiers since he was about 10. On the side, he'd also increase his interests in clockwork creating and maps.

The Qadir picked up religion from his father. He followed the Thousand Eyes- having learned of it from his father mainly. Rizu believed he was chosen by the Void, given his brood deformities and accepted the ways of Vampires.

The child was finally allowed out of the house at 14 years old, but he must be accompanied by Rhys at all times. He's excited to finally explore Crookback and possibly Regalia!

14-16

Rizu had met a girl named Zhao Suki and he fell in love. He helped heal her wounds and they became best friends, spending a lot of time together. But his parents did not appreciate Rizu sneaking out to meet her and spend time in the sewers and the surface, nor did they not like when he brought her home. Eventually, Rizu made a huge screw up... he learned the dangers of clockwork and destroyed all his creations. Rhys got infuriated, that was the last straw for his father. He kicked Rizu out to fend for himself on the streets.

Rizu did not like this and fought Rhys. Rhys gave him nightmare gas from the clockwork, resulting in Rizu clawing one of his eyes because he believed his hallucinations (spiders) were inside his eye. He went blind in one eye, and he now wears an eyepatch to cover it.

As Rizu was finally on his last legs, and was looking to his religion. His god, the Thousand Eyes. He realized the God must have punished him for destroying the technology, the knowledge to be. The boy came up with the idea to make it up to his God and his father.

16-18

Rizu recovered and learned to still fight well and made up for his lost perception by relying on calculating, hearing, and other forms of perception. He improved in his Rapier combat and worked alongside his father in creating clockwork, and mapping. He spent a lot of time investing in his hobbies, family, friends, and of course... Suki, his best friend and girlfriend for 4 years. Finally, after a few years, he became 18 where the big decision will have to be made: will he decide to join his father as a full Vampire, for the sake of expansion of his abilities and search for knowledge... Or will he decide to stay mundane, in fear of ruining his relationship with Suki?

18-30

Rizu decided to accept his fate as mundane, for the purpose of expanding his knowledge and appeasing the Thousand Eyes without restriction of a mentality that could change his mindset. Over the course of a couple of years, he found he had yet another passion: medical arts. He was interested in any form of knowledge he could get his hands on, and found himself looking into biology and the human body. Rizu spent a lot of time in the Collective base, learning all he can about his clockwork, Cleric information, and mapping, amongst other skills. He prides himself with willingness to learn, under the watchful, thousand eyes of Inth.

His family had decided to retire outside of Regalia, moving to Farah’deen and Daendroque, out of the chaos of the city. Rizu went with, in fear of being left alone in Regalia to fend for himself, as he was very family-orientated. He worked at a small Clinic in Farah’deen, taking care of the people and spent a lot of time mapping things for explorers and even creating Clockwork creations, despite his father usually taking up those tasks. He realized his family would do well without him and he wanted to shine outside of his father’s shadow for once, so he moved back to Regalia after a short while to regain footing once more.

[​IMG]

“All systems of the society should serve the mind, instead of the mind serving the systems.”

• Cuddles! Cuddles! x 1
    • Powerful Powerful x 1
    #1 DogVibes, Dec 4, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 3, 2023
  2. Caelamus

Caelamus Sir Honeybear the chronic druid main Supremium

Ritualism requires you to choose a ritualism and be devoted/dedicated to said faith. You must be engaging in religious RP to use those abilities.

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. DogVibes

DogVibes

Good now?
    I fixed the religion portion as well as the backstory to reflect this.

--Update--
    I gave him a specific religious deity to follow as well.

#3 DogVibes, Dec 4, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 5, 2020
  4. Caelamus

Approved.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  5. DogVibes

DogVibes

@Caelamus
    I swapped out one proficiency with another. (Light Bow Combat with Pathfinding Art). Both are boosted by Woaden Ailor Racial boosts so not much has changed. Also updated Phys stat as needed (dropped from 21 to 16) Marked it in blue as well as added a tiny bit to the lifestory to depict this. I hope this is fine!

6. Caelamus

Approved.

• Winner Winner x 1
  7. DogVibes

DogVibes

@Caelamus
    Age up!! Rizu was aged up to 18 (4 years), I have marked all changes in purple and all contents in the lifestory from 14-18 years old has been updated. Not much has changed, I hope this isn't too much trouble.

#7 DogVibes, Jan 2, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 2, 2021
  8. Caelamus

Approved.

9. DogVibes

DogVibes

@Caelamus
    Aged him up, changed around a lot of his profs as I have new plans for him. Also added to the backstory a bit to update to current events. Removed ritualism, fixed metallurgy to the new update. Updated his phys stat as well! Lastly, I made him a full Qadir.

#9 DogVibes, Mar 30, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 30, 2021
  10. Caelamus

Approved.

11. DogVibes

DogVibes

@Caelamus
    Updated to the new prof system!

12. Caelamus

Approved.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  13. DogVibes

DogVibes

@Caelamus Edited as according to update! Woo!

14. Caelamus

Approved.

15. DogVibes

DogVibes

Need a re-approval for the Cratos and Clockwork update! Woo!

16. DogVibes

DogVibes

@Caelamus Forgot to ping you, lol. My bad!

17. Caelamus

Please just list that they're infected with cratos, you do not need to list every ability. Just make a google doc for a spellbook, it's what I do and keeps my app clean.

Approved.

18. DogVibes

DogVibes

@Caelamus Hello! I made very minor changes. After reviewing a few 'clockwork' abilities, I noticed two of them stacked with similar/same functions, and one I misread on the wiki. So I swapped out the last two abilities that I had with Super Self 2 and Elemental Control 3. Nothing else changed. Also, I added a desc of the clockwork 'aesthetics' for the abilities, just so I can keep track of what they do exactly.

19. Caelamus

Approved but do as I asked previously and condense the listing. Please stop putting the description of every ability, equally don't list racial abilities or affliction abilities, just state that they're x race or x affliction. Only the things you buy really need to be listed.

20. DogVibes

DogVibes

@Caelamus Hello! Updated once more as per according to the medical update. For both of our sanity, I condensed the listing in a spoiler format (besides the bought abilities) so I can keep track of everything on my sheet and you can not throw me out a window. I listed he has 5 available points and I'll decide what to do with them later via IC development.

Oh! And also because I felt it would be easier to keep track of, I gave the extra abilities under medical training names (also because I just felt like it) but I won't call them by the fake names if I use them In-Game, it just felt more organized.

However all that was changed is I removed 5 points from medical since it changed to having a cap of 10 and put them in my free point category. That's all.

21. Caelamus

Let's get right into the review.

Make a google doc that you can reference. This does not belong on the application, just list that the character possesses x abilities and how. That's what I do for my characters when I need to reference their abilities or memorize what they can do. You could make it look like some special permission sheet or written in that vein of formatting. I am not going to approve or review the app further until you remove the excess bloat and make a doc to store these things.

This character is very ability heavy. I am going to impose that they probably shouldn't be using weapons in tandem with all of the abilities they possess from various sources like; smithing, medical, sorcery, clockwork, cratos. They're very saturated with them and designed more as a support character from a review standing point and some of their sorcery abilities can already supplement the need for some weapons all together. This might also be more fun in roleplay as having a weakness to melee combat means that you should probably start befriending and keeping around warrior-esque characters a lot more.

22. DogVibes

DogVibes

I put them into a document. Sorry, I just like having everything in one place.

About the combat category, I felt it would have been a little silly to outright remove rapier combat since that was his main form of combat to start with until he realized he didn't like getting up close and personal with others. However... I can see if I can remove it to 2, moreso for logical sake. IF you really don't want me doing that, then I can remove rapier combat outright. But do keep in mind that it's a rare occasion that it ever has to come to melee for him, and if it does come to that, he can only do so much until he eventually is incapacitated.

Updated!

#22 DogVibes, Jul 7, 2021
    Last edited: Jul 7, 2021
  23. Caelamus

It's more so that the character is very saturated with many different niches and that keeping a form of melee combat sort of negates the need for the character to keep around melee combatants. Approved never the less but do bare that in mind. It's a lot more fun to have to rely on other characters for things than to try doing all the things yourself.

24. DogVibes

DogVibes

And lastly, I fixed Rizu to the new update(s)! @Caelamus

25. Caelamus

Approved.