Vestar Skorrisson

Discussion in 'Character Sheets' started by IreliaRamora, Dec 29, 2021.

1. IreliaRamora

IreliaRamora The 5.5 hour shitpost. Staff Member Lore2

Character Information
    • Full Name: Vestar Skorrisson (Cynfael Dregan, Cynfalian)
    • Race: Fin'ullen (Veilheim) Dorkarth Brood
    • Sex: Male
    • Sexuality: Good question.
    • Eye Color: Red w/ white sclera
    Core Concept
    • Vestar is a follower of the Old Gods union of Water, knowing that life and death are a strained balance, and one is often demonized while the other is idolized. He also hopes that the balance in the union can bring his own mind ease, as he struggles to find a balance within himself and his sanguine heritage.
    • Vestar is a complex individual, struggling between the instincts of his brood-born blood and his desire to do right. Having been taught the art of protecting himself, he enjoys hobbies of bodycare, both in forms of art and physique.
    Proficiency Information
    • Strength: 5
      • Blades Pack
      • Large Blades Pack
      • Axe Pack
      • Polearm Pack
    • Constitution: 5
      • Crafting: Wood Craft
      • Crafting: Earthenware Craft
      • Training: Physique
      • Defensive: Light Shielding
      • Defensive: Heavy Shielding
    • Wisdom: 0
    • Dexterity: 2
    • Magic: 0
    • Charisma: 2
      • Pet Husbandry Pack (Dragged Crow)
    • VAMPIRISM POINT BUY <ACTIVE>
      • Afflicted: Predator Pack
      • Magic: Flesh, Blood, Nature
    Ability Information
    • Blooded Vampirism (11 specials) <ACTIVE>
    • Fin'ullen Racials (3 Abilities, 6 Specials)
    • Brood Vampirism Specials (3)
    • Defensive
      • Shield Block
      • Perfect Cover
    • Melee
      • Technique Parry
      • Knockback Sweep
      • Counter Rage
      • Polearm Leap
    • Vampirism Specific <ACTIVE>
      • Afflicted: Instant Leap
      • Magic: Arcane Avoidance, Armor Summon, Body Invasion
    Languages
    • Common (Free)
    • Skodje (Parent)
    Appearance Information
    • Across his back are geometrically designed tattoos. One of them is a tattoo of twin sickles, spreading across his shoulder blades. These sickles warp and twist into braids, wrapping around to his front and covering his chest. He has a scarred ring finger on his right hand from a bird's bite.
    • When Mundane, Vestar is a 6'0 individual with red eyes, a sculpted body, and messy brown-dyed hair, wearing simple clothing. When afflicted, he tends to grow the hair out to mid-back length, slicking it back and dying it white as he dons more regal, elegant clothing.
    • Vampiric Form:
      • Vestar's form becomes obscured by dripping black ichor as his body twists and contorts, and he grows extra limbs. His form enlarges, growing to 7'0 to accommodate a second set of arms, a pair of bat-like wings inscribed with void runes, and a whiplike demonic tail. Vestar's hair slicks to white as their entire skin is washed over with grey-black color, save for a few scar-like markings on his chest which become shock white as well. He grows bat-like ears and several horns, two large ones curling like a broken halo behind his head, and a small smattering of small spines on his temple. His hands grow claws, and have a darker skintone that tapers up towards his elbows.

The ichor then forms into a dark, skull-like mask that sticks to his face, but is removable.

(Alternatively, look in the Spoiler for a sketch)
        [​IMG]
    Life Story
    • Born in Agerik to a Fridurfolk mother after a liaison with a Dorkarthi Veilheim raider. Vestar was steeped in the Fridurfolk culture from an early age. However, midway through his childhood his mother died from illness, leaving him as an orphan to be raised by the village.
    • A handful of years after his mother's death, his Father, now mundane, visited the Fridurfolk village and requested that Vestar come with him to learn Veilheim culture as well. After much deliberation between the village Goði and the Veilheimer, the judge left it for Vestar to decide. With nothing much to lose and craving a proper family, he chose to go with his father.
    • His father quickly set to teaching him 'proper' values, teaching Vestar about Veilheim culture and how to properly defend himself. They often argued, clashing ideals as his father attempted to break Vestar down and teach him as if he was still a child. Regardless, Vestar begrudgingly learned the culture and eventually passed his Rite to the Old Gods, as per tradition of his Father's clan.
    • At 25, Vestar's father became re-infected with his vampirism, quickly turning on Vestar and giving him an ultimatum- turn, or become cattle. Deciding that his father was no longer safe to be around, Vestar chose to instead flee to Regalia, attempting to find his way in the world while struggling between his inborn impulses and the desire to do right.

• Winner Winner x 3
    #1 IreliaRamora, Dec 29, 2021
    Last edited: May 5, 2022
  2. IreliaRamora

Forgot to mark the Soul Bond animal. Would like a Dragged Crow if possible, but if that bird is too big, I'll change it out to a Waldermarker Black Hawk.

3. Lizmun

Lizmun yeah Staff Member Lore2

Grabbed for review I'll do this in like an hour or 2

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  4. IreliaRamora

Well- I made a few updates to the sheet, but nothing too crazy.
    • Finally had a solid idea for vampiric form, so updated that to be a bit more clear-cut. Also added a doodle of it.
    • Broke Vocal Art into Vocal Art 3 and Winemaking Art 2. Because hobbies are fun.
    Booping you with a ping as well. @Lizmun

5. Lizmun

Okay! Here is my review:

We have an issue with the concept of your application, mostly being your character concept seems to heavily revolve having a two part split personality. While this can be a neat concept, we have decided we do not want players exploring multiple or split personalities due to portrayals often being inaccurate, caricaturized, or offensive.

You are free to play a brood, please just reduce / remove the 'double personality' Vestar / Cynfael stuff. Please re-tag me when you have completed these changes.

6. Lizmun

7. IreliaRamora

Gotcha. Let me get a feel for how to rework this. I'll figure out a way to merge it a bit.

8. IreliaRamora

@Lizmun SO!

Evidently, quite a few changes. Still waiting on a response to a ticket WRT the +5 from Seizing Innovation, because I can't tell if Broods will never have access to it. Treating it as if I won't have it.

Removed all instances of split personality. Cynfael / Cynfalian will still be an alias for his vampiric form and when he is infected, but no longer is a separate identity altogether. I'm hoping the continued duality theme I currently have is acceptable. If not, some advice would be appreciated on how to spin this in a different way.

Thanks for being patient with me while I worked this out. :)

9. Lizmun

@IreliaRamora Thank you for updating the sheet to the standards I requested, There is another issue I have found with your application:

Your points are a little off. There are a few key points I'd like to make:
    • You put +10 to racial boost on your 15 swords instead of +5
    • You can't have bodycare training as a hobby point investment since it's not in the hobby points group
    • If you have unspent points (by my understanding you currently have 5) please mark them somewhere on your sheet.

10. IreliaRamora

@Lizmun Whoops!

- The +10 in the 15 swords was actually meant to be the base points, and the + racial indicating the +5. Changed it to (10 + 5 racial) for a bit more clarity.
    - Mushed some points around. Nixed vocal, bumped hunting down a bit. Now he has 10 construction. Should have all 50 points allocated now. :)

11. Lizmun

12. IreliaRamora

@Lizmun Don't need a re-approve, but Vestar was infected and is now fully Dorky.

13. IreliaRamora

Added an impromptu scar to his hand because funny RP improv for backstory. His bird bit him.

14. IreliaRamora

No more vampy for the dorky boy. :pensive:

15. IreliaRamora

@Lizmun Hello hello! Several changes made.
    • Retconned from Wildland Ailor to Fin'ullen. Backstory remains the same.
    • Blooded Vampire abilities gained, infected by Dominique Ala TheRook1
    • Sword combat broken down from 15 to 10, added 5 spear combat.
    • Winemaking art turned into Dancing art.

16. Yurs

Yurs real life catgirl

Claimed for review! Expect a reply shortly

17. Yurs

Yurs real life catgirl

APPROVED

18. IreliaRamora

@Yurs Himbo inbound.

19. Yurs

Yurs real life catgirl

Claimed for review!