Khati | The Tender

Discussion in 'Character Sheets' started by Gwyndo, Jan 19, 2021.

1. Gwyndo

Gwyndo Scottish Egg

═══════════════════════════════════

[​IMG]

╚════════════════════════════════════╝
    "'What I don't know can't hurt me' a stupid saying.
    What we don't know is usually what gets us killed."
    ╔════════════════════════════════════╗

• Cuddles! Cuddles! x 5
    • Winner Winner x 1
    #1 Gwyndo, Jan 19, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 25, 2024
  2. Gwyndo

Gwyndo Scottish Egg

Character Information |
    • Full Name | Khati Khaemwaset
    • Race | Asha | Legacy of Adoration
    • Age | 22
    • Sex and Gender | Male
    • Sexuality | Pansexual
    • Eye Color | Sage Green
    Core Concept |
    • "So many flowers, My Lord. Each wanting to grow the tallest, bloom the brightest. One by one, sooner or later, they all get plucked. I don't want to be the tallest or the brightest; I only want to remain in the garden, until my time comes to return to the dirt."
    Proficiency Information |

| 0 Strength |
    Constitution |
    | 0 Intelligence |
    | 0 Wisdom |
    | 0 Dexterity | • Fleet Footed (Free) • Escape Artist (Free)
    | 0 Faith |
    | 0 Magic |

Languages |

• Common
    • Ibeth (Native)
    • Zahram
    • d'Ithanie
    This character is a work in progress. The below section retains his old name, "Ghaazi". It will be updated when I have the time and desire to continue writing <3

Appearance Information |

• Ghaazi has the visage of a bunny, with short and velvety fur. They have patches of dark stripes, with white, grey and black coloration. They can normally be found wearing layered silks and cloths.
    • Ghaazi was cured, and is not currently a Cahal!
      When he is a Cahal, his Cahal Form
      appears as a mythical Jackalope beast, with longer ears than usual and a set of brilliant antlers which give off a cyan glow. Their build is notably larger and slightly more muscular in appearance, with odd spots of light grey dotting their midnight fur. The fur around their neck also increases in volume, and a short main of ragged hair frames a marble face of near featureless white.
    [​IMG]
    Life Story |
    • Ghaazi was born in a town on the outskirts of the Asha states. His mother passed away during childbirth, and his biological father 'Kashta' died soon after. Before his earliest memories could form, Gaz was adopted by his fathers best friend: a Rakhet by the name of 'Khafre', who had been like a brother to Kashta. In their memory, Gaz was named 'Ghaazi, son of Kashta' even though he views Khafre as his father.
    • A second father to Gaz was 'Sehebre', another Rakhet and Khafre's husband. Gaz grew up with two older brothers, who like him had been adopted. His upbringing was very social and happy, and he had a respect for physical prowess instilled in him by the Rakhet - he started working out, with weights comically lighter than those of his brothers and fathers.
    • Although he was always smaller and weaker than his brothers, Gaz often enjoyed fighting and taking part in their rough games - even though he never won, he insisted one day he would catch up. He helped out at a family workshop and eventually joined The Mirah Citadel where he studied the martial arts of the Asha. He adapted many techniques to suit his smaller, less powerful build, though it still took him a longer time than most to progress.
    • Ghaazi has little desire to become a political or religious leader like typical Nefer, and instead - at least for now - Gaz primarily seeks to prove he's strong, to take what he can, and to make his fathers proud.
    • Ghaazi joined a small group of hunters and moved to Regalia with their guild to pursue employment - though the danger of the contracts quickly grew out of hand. Ghaazi found himself foolishly joining his guildmates on a 'Monster Hunt'. Few survived, and Ghaazi thought himself doomed - he was sure he was going to die, but when a dagger pierced his heart, he awoke alone, at home, in a cold sweat. Gaz discovered himself to have been infected with the Cahal Curse.
    • Recently, Ghaazi was cured and has returned his former mindset - though the alure of the curse and the strength it offers remains in the back of his mind. Resisted, for now.

• Immersive Immersive x 1
    #2 Gwyndo, Jan 19, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 25, 2024
  3. DedJok

DedJok skilled in ways beyond your feeble understanding Staff Member Lore2

yoinked for aspirant review, expect a reply shortly

4. DedJok

@Gwyndo everything seems to check out, hope you enjoy the Asha update!
    Approved

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  5. Gwyndo

Gwyndo Scottish Egg

@Ded Jok

Hey hey, apologies - I was told that the Sefet Blade couldn't be used without Fan Prof, so I've made a few adjustments.
    Whilst I was changing the profs around, I decided to also change their study of diplomacy to dancing instead; I think it fits nicer.

Edit: Actually, two seconds: I'm going to do a little backstory reworking as me and some friends are gonna do a lil group who knew each other in the past. Lemme get that done real quick ;)

#5 Gwyndo, Jan 20, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 20, 2021
  6. DedJok

@Gwyndo No issues! Tag me when you're all finished with edits and make sure they're marked in green.

7. Gwyndo

Gwyndo Scottish Egg

@Ded Jok

All edits made in green - sorry for the rather large story expansion

8. DedJok

@Gwyndo Everything checks out, reapproved!

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  9. Gwyndo

Gwyndo Scottish Egg

@DedJok

Yoyo, got that Asha itch again.

Requesting re-review! Character concept remains fundamentally the same, though has lost formal schooling. Profs moved around, and app updated to new template <3

*Oh also I kinda screwed up the prof count so I fixed that whoops

#9 Gwyndo, Nov 25, 2021
    Last edited: Nov 28, 2021
  10. FireFan96

FireFan96 Ever present, Ever seeing Staff Member Lore2

@Gwyndo my re-review:
    • Indicate where your hobby points are being allocated. Assuming they are in Painting and Circus Arts, you might have 3 points left over.
    • Elaborate a bit more on the Golem form, as metallic is still too vague. Which metal? Any other notable features?
    Tag me when those two changes are made.

• Useful Useful x 1
  11. Gwyndo

Gwyndo Scottish Egg

@FireFan96

Edits made - 3 core leftover for now, if I'm counting properly

12. Caelamus

Caelamus Sir Honeybear the chronic druid main Supremium

Approved.

13. Gwyndo

Gwyndo Scottish Egg

@Caelamus

Requesting re-review!
    Proficiency and ability information split to better fit the current example app template
    Proficiency points swapped about; Unarmed is lower, he now has more utility range, he has hunting instead of painting, etc.
    Backstory minorly updated to reflect these changes!

14. Caelamus

Approved.

15. Gwyndo

Gwyndo Scottish Egg

@Caelamus
    The time has come! Cahal time, that is.
    Profs untouched, story has minor update, Cahal type and form added - Steamtech replaces Living Metal.
    Requesting Re-review

#15 Gwyndo, Jan 3, 2022
    Last edited: Jan 3, 2022
  16. Caelamus

You should probably choose only one of these in hindsight because the different ranged proficiency is intended to cover different niches and swapping between the two in combat isn't very practical, even if you have some ability that lets you switch weapons. Dump all of the points into the other or set aside some for unarmed or something else if you want.

Though to put it into perspective;
    Light Ranged is more tailored to nimble ranger characters that dash about through forests hunting small game or acting as a warden.
    Heavy Ranged is more for the big burly archer who you'd see more on a castle wall or living in the north hunting large game.
    Utility is a bit more flexible in its niche but might be used to compliment something else. More like that ranged weapon you might open a fight with as opposed to using it throughout the fight.
    Caster Ranged is for a wizard archetype character. That's it, just a straight up stereotypical wizard.

You can start to draw their intentions and purposes and how double dipping might not always fit even though it seems like it might at first glance or on paper.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Gwyndo

Gwyndo Scottish Egg

Updated - My man's lost light range, but has gained perception. Gonna put those bunny-ears to good use.

18. Caelamus

Approved.

19. Gwyndo

Gwyndo Scottish Egg

Updated to new format (and also cured!)
    @Caelamus

20. Caelamus