Sylvi Ellajo'el

Discussion in 'Character Sheets' started by skullpanda90, Aug 6, 2017.

1. Caelamus

Caelamus Sir Honeybear the chronic druid main Supremium

2. skullpanda90

skullpanda90 Sleeping Extraordinaire

@Caelamus Just updated her lineage, that is all. (Didn't know if I needed to tag for a Re-Review or not,,)

3. Caelamus

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  4. skullpanda90

@Caelamus Updated her prof points to the rewrite

5. Caelamus

Approved.

6. skullpanda90

@Caelamus Another small points rework hue

7. Caelamus

Only one racial boost, also I keep getting 38 for some reason, check over the point spread.

8. skullpanda90

9. Caelamus

10. skullpanda90

@Caelamus did oooone tiny points change and gave her some more height. Last one I promise. Don't hurt me.

11. Caelamus

Approved.

12. skullpanda90

@Caelamus Updated with the proficiency change.

13. Caelamus

Approved.

14. skullpanda90

@Caelamus made some minor edits in blue ty love u

15. Caelamus

You should probably take this time to actually re-do the app into the new format. Before you might get upset that I am asking to you basically rewrite the app, it's a good update. It slims down a lot of things and makes both review and writing the application much easier. I had to update around 3 of my own characters and wrote an entirely new one in the time span it use to take me to process and make just one.

So this is an opportunity, you should probably take it.

• Like Like x 1
  16. skullpanda90

@Caelamus I had no idea, thank you for telling me! I've updated the entire app. Also lost my tag oops.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Caelamus

You should probably get the Flux Shift sorcery spell that lets you change race to better emulate being a Kathar. There was also an Ailor racial update, you get to choose 3 now and lineages are no longer a thing. Go check it out. Another opportunity has arisen.

18. skullpanda90

I am now even MORE wise. Got rid of the lineage and added a racial boost, although I'm confused by what you mean by choosing 3. Also, unfortunately Sylvi is afraid of magic and would never get into learning it (pensive) but her emulation is more about connecting with who gave her the dread binding vs solely aesthetic simulation, but thank you for the suggestion!

19. Caelamus

I'm referring to the 3 racial abilities ailor get to choose, you can read through it here! The only real issue though I can see is that the Kathar emulation bit is kind of a funky thing because that's meant to be covered by an ability that you have to spend points towards in order to achieve, you ideally shouldn't be pretending to be another race without having the associated ability to back that up and the primary way to glean that ability is through sorcery. Dread binding is also meant as a more temporary thing, it's not intended as being something permanent beyond an arc.

But I guess you could also kind of reason why is a person who is afraid of magic pretending to be a member of a magic race? Kathar that are afraid of magic aren't really adherent to the canon lore. You could probably justify getting Flux Shift for a variety of reasons and probably use it as a hook into making the character less afraid of magic and exploring its good side. There's a lot you can do there.

20. skullpanda90

Ohhh I see, thank you for giving me some more insight. But right now, I feel confident in my choices with my character with using Dread Binding instead of Flux Shift (at least at the very moment) and here is why!

Yes, this is an arc for my character! And weather this ends up permeant or temporary will be up to her experiences. If she encounters the desire to become closer to permeant, then yes I can see her taking an interest towards leaning Flux Shift because as you have said, Kathar are a very magically involved race, and she is already being placed in situations with plenty of magic around other Kathar. And this I believe will decrease her overall fright towards magic.

I also used a "afraid" as a very broad term, my bad. My character is more-so wary and suspicious of magic, having more extreme responses to sudden bouts of magic or something that may surprise her. But, the more she is around repeated effects she recognizes, the better she understands it, and the less frightened she can become. Since her fright of magic stems from a lack of understanding due to not being around it often, she finds it unpredictable. This I feel will be mended over time as she experiences the life of a Kathar.

Therefore, I can definitely see a change in her opinion towards sorcery and Flux Shift itself, but whether she gets to that point or doesn't want to be seen as a Kathar anymore will take place in time with IC character development. But, if a necessity for points to be spared away so that I don't essentially power game my character not needing to learn sorcery, I can place away some points to be unspent while she goes through this arc if need be.

(I also added her chosen ailor racials... ty..)

#100 skullpanda90, Nov 20, 2021
    Last edited: Nov 20, 2021
  21. Caelamus

Approved, but make sure you clarify on their race or somewhere under basic information that they're currently undergoing a Dread Binding so it's clear to any other reviewers in the future!