What Are The Void And Exist? They're Real! (massive Theory)

Discussion in 'Roleplay Discussion' started by indyfan98, Nov 16, 2021.

?

Do You Believe this Theory?

1. Aw Void yeah!

1 vote(s)
    12.5%
  2. Maybe?

2 vote(s)
    25.0%
  3. No way, Exist condemn it!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. No opinion.

5 vote(s)
    62.5%
  1. indyfan98

indyfan98 I'm not narcissistic. I'm just better than you.

Hello, internet! Welcome to Massive Theory, where we take a look at your favorite Minecraft server and analyze it in ways unintended by staff. However, this time, I am staff. HOWEVER: I am not Lore Staff. I am PR. That means everything in here is speculation and does not translate into your roleplay. Nothing is lore canon, and should not be taken as such. It's merely fun. So, sit back, relax, and enjoy some hardcore theoretical science and mathematics!

So, the Void and Exist are the two main baddies in MassiveCraft lore, it would seem. But what are they? Certainly a pure work of fiction, right? Well, as it turns out, maybe not! In fact, there may be infinitely many Void and Exists in our own reality. Note that I said "own reality" and not "own universe".

The crux of this theory is the idea of dimensions. No, not the same type of Dimensions we see in MassiveCraft. Instead, I mean spatial dimensions. What are those? Well, move your arm around in the air. You just moved in three dimensions. Three-dimensional space is what our Universe is. The Universe is simply empty 3D space that stuff happens to occupy parts of. However, it doesn't need to be this way.

An example of non-3D space would be to go back to math class. Remember coordinate planes? The flat grid you plot points onto? That is two-dimensional by nature. A number line? One-dimensional. A point on a coordinate plane or number line? Zero-dimensional. Dimensions are simply ways that things can travel. Your care, despite travelling through 3D space, hopefully stays two-dimensionally to the road, aka staying on the ground. Our brains are built for 3D space. Why wouldn't we be? We cannot imagine living in two dimensions or less. However, there is also the idea of more dimensions.

4D space is where you have another spatial dimension. In 3D, we have length, width, height, and a final time dimension, which everything traveling through forwards, but never backwards. 2D is usually shown with length and height, 1D with length alone, and 0D with no dimensions, being infinitely small. 4D is where you, in theory, have length, width, height, and also something else. What? I Don't know. Nobody does. We cannot give a word to it. We can't imagine it. Maybe it's time that we can move freely between? Who knows. I've always pictured a 4D universe as being where you can see everything point in space where it has been since the dawn of time, and where it will be in the future, and being able to move freely through time and space whenever you want. But this is merely my speculation. Any additional dimensions are anyone's guess. 5D? 6D? 8D? 1D20 (joke)? Theoretically, the number of dimensions could extend to infinity.

Each universe could very well have its own rules and number of dimensions. The idea of the Multiverse, while in its infancy, is still widely-enough accepted by science that we can talk about it without being completely crazy conspiracy theorists.

So, what does this have to do with the Void and Exist? Well, to put it in terms listed above, the Void is zero-dimensional and the Exist is the opposite: Infinitely-dimensional. Binral, home of Aloria, is three-dimensional, and as is Bintaar, likely. However, Binaar may have a fourth dimension of Souls This gets more into the realm of magic and philosophy, but Bintaar is where the dead go upon death, so souls being their own dimension makes sense.

So, why does this matter? Maybe it means that there are other dimensions yet-undiscovered in lore. We have 0D, 3D, and ∞D. What are the Aether and Naether? What would a 1D Arken lean towards in terms of vices or virtues? A 2D Arken? 4D?

But, why do planar essences give you mutations? Well, in a zero-dimensional universe, for example, has all energy confined into a single, infinitely small point. By bringing that energy and turning it into ionizing radiation that could cause mutations, various different features could form. For infinite-dimensional universes, we could be turning parts of the body into having more dimensions, and thus giving horns as a 3D representation of an ∞D object. Also, keep in mind, each dimension has magic in some way, shape, or form. This could be at play, too.

Anyways, that's just a theory. a Massive Theory! Thanks for reading!

• Immersive Immersive x 4
    • Constructive Constructive x 1
    • Educated Educated x 1
    • Powerful Powerful x 1
  2. cosmoons

cosmoons cosmonaut

I think that Exist derives from Void, and that's why people think it's evil. It seems like people could think that Exist was fake-y, but I don't really see it as sinister.

3. indyfan98

indyfan98 I'm not narcissistic. I'm just better than you.

Though, many Exist Arken kill innocent people. For example: Maestro kill performers that make mistakes.

4. cosmoons

cosmoons cosmonaut

Is a sword evil? Not really.. Only if the one holding it is
    - Uncle Iroh or something

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. GoodDreamer

GoodDreamer The Regalian Nuke

I think comparing magic to a sword is valid, in some senses. It is a tool, and it's 'goodness' is mostly determined by how you use it.

But magic isn't just a tool. It's an energy that also manifests as distinct beings. The Arken born from the Exist aren't tools, they're individuals with almost no regard for the value of human life as we would appreciate. Estel, who as far as we're aware, is the 'font' from which Exist energy is controlled, is not good or moral by any metric. If you're only judging magic by how mortals perceive and use it, then yes, it is very frequently amoral. If you're judging magic by how magical entities (who very arguably represent the magic itself) use it, then no, it probably isn't neutral.

6. DrFong

DrFong The Knave of Rats

Cease your investigations.

• Immersive Immersive x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 1