Played Character Layrehas Avezhac

Discussion in 'Character Sheets' started by Ascelus, Jul 8, 2019.

1. Ascelus

Ascelus Professional Rat

[​IMG]
    ╔═══━━━─── • ───━━━═══╗
    [​IMG]
    ━─┉┈◈◉◈┈┉─━
    Bulletproof ﴿

“I don't know what's right anymore.
    Fuck it, guess I'll kill them all.”

╚═══━━━─── • ───━━━═══╝
    ▬▬ι══════════════ι▬▬
    [​IMG]
    ━─┉┈◈◉◈┈┉─━
    [​IMG]
    ▬▬ι══════════════ι▬▬
    Full Name: Layrehas Mhorygar Avezhac Bel-Saal Alloren-Pröpole
    Shortened Name: Layrehas 'Lyra' Avezhac
    Nickname: Lyra, Lyrae
    Race: Fin’ullen

Birthday: Nov. 17th
    Zodiac: Scorpio
    Pronouns: He/They
    Sexuality: Bisexual
    Preference: None
    Occult: Void Mageborn

Core Concept

Lyra used to be a mercenary with a sense of duty to his people, but years of vampirism corrupted him until he was no longer recognizable as the same man. His volatile personality makes him a wild card. A broken man who struggles to see the difference between right and wrong. He used to be a follower of Estel, but his faith faltered after departing from his home. He didn’t place his beliefs in another God but in the Manathar Philosophy, even after the disappearance of their kind.
    Appearance Information
    Layrehas is exceptionally built from years of effort, even more than the average Fin’ullen would be. He stands at 6’4”. His eyes are dark blue, reminiscent of the deep sea. He possesses lightly tanned skin, long raven black hair and a big bushy beard. His attire typically consists of black and gold. Whenever he isn’t covered by cloth, his body is that of a warrior or a mercenary, with scarring present across his entire frame from different sources and across different times. Other than that, he appears to be a mostly mundane Fin’ullen.
    ▬▬ι══════════════ι▬▬
    [​IMG]
    ━─┉┈◈◉◈┈┉─━
    [​IMG]
    ▬▬ι══════════════ι▬▬

Combat Style: Warrior
    Strength | 7
    Melee Point Buy | Technique Parry
    Free Packs | Weapon Throw
    Athletic Point Buy | Force Toss (Free), Steady Body
    Bruiser Point Buy | Bruiser Slam, Bruiser Flurry, Bruiser Feint, Bruiser Agony, Bruiser Tackle

Free Packs | Bruiser Stance
    Constitution | 5
    Training Point Buy | Rebound, Debuff Endurance, Rage Counter, Bulwark, Thick Hide
    Intelligence | 0
    Adapt Point Buy | Magical Oceanic (Free)
    Wisdom | 0
    Dexterity | 0
    Faith | 0
    Magic | 2

Magic Point Buy | Magic Snare, Magic Smog
    Mechanic Summary
    Heritage Traits | Fin’ullen
    Magic Alignment | Void
    Languages
    Common | Native
    Altalar | Native
    Katharic | Learned
    Zoram | Learned
    Sinnayed | Learned
    ▬▬ι══════════════ι▬▬
    [​IMG]
    ━─┉┈◈◉◈┈┉─━
    [​IMG]
    ▬▬ι══════════════ι▬▬
    ◈ Layrehas Mhorygar Avezhac Bel-Saal Alloren-Pröpole was born in the coastal city of Üntannall-Pröpole to a Fin’ullen couple on the Seventeenth of November. Growing up in a family of seafaring mercenaries, both parents cooperated together for the family business. His mother - Mhorya, a captain of her own vessel and his father - Dakhtar, a mercenary and skirmisher. The young Layrehas found passion in his family’s expertise from a young age and found most of his enjoyment in his youth out on his mother’s ship or travelling with his father to watch in on training sessions. Being brought up in a relatively small family with just one sibling, a sister who was fifty years older than him and already out of the house, all of his parents’ attention was set on him with goals of shaping him into a proud Fin’ullen. Outside of this, he had a relatively normal childhood that was typical of an Estel-worshipping Altalar family.

◈ When Layrehas turned twenty, his parents slowly had the young boy take part in various tasks. From partaking in simple hand-to-hand training sessions and helping his mother around on her ship - to more laborious tasks over the course of his life. He reached the point of joining his father’s side in short mercenary jobs and being his mother’s right hand while on her ship. He often favoured his father’s tasks over time, finding more personal pride and value in following in fighting. Though he still accompanied his mother on her ship, he found himself spending more time honing the skills he could reach in unarmed combat. He set off from home to learn more about what’s available in hand-to-hand combat in another Altalar city. He travelled to Hyärra to meet his sister, Aleratha, after being invited by her to stay at her place with the belief he would find better luck with his passions there.

◈ Hyärra proved to be the environment Layrehas was fruitfully seeking for. Finding the militaristic state in a constant push against invading forces into the city alluring. Immediately seeking out mercenary bands to join and potential mentors to further hone his craft, the young Altalar was eager to get straight to business. Layrehas was a part of various mercenary bands to remain constantly in the field to remain attuned with his skills and to protect his Altalar kind. With any spare time he found himself with, he sought out mentors or spars to further build his skills, his own physique and pride. His sister pulled him out of this habit after Layrehas found himself sustaining a wound during one of his many mercenary trips outside of the city, the wound severe enough to be stuck at home with his sister. What Layrehas had believed would be a tedious and boring set of weeks of in-home recovery, turned out to be a bonding experience between his sister and him. Aleratha understood Layrehas hated feeling useless but despised seeing her little brother fall down this dangerous path. She knew better, however, to just keep the Altalar home-bound. During the weeks of his recovery, Aleratha kept Layrehas busy by taking him out on hunting trips and teaching him how to catch his own game and make rations from foraging. She taught him how to cook and prepare lavish foods from the animals he caught and how to make wood creations from the forest around them. When Layrehas recovered, he came to realize he was fortunate to have not been pre-maturely killed in his one-track mindset of violence and personal pride. He never returned back to performing mercenary work, instead opting to take a break in favour of learning more from his sister and enjoying life without the constant feeling of the need to perform violence for his own personal pride.

◈ Layrehas purchased his own personal ship with the money he saved from his prior work, a Peth’sella, with hopes of exploring the rest of the world around him. He took off in the direction of Graelle Talea due to his interest in the region there. However, while out on the seas, his ship was attacked by a small band of vampires during the night and ultimately lost the fight. The vampires viewing Layrehas as a potential tool for their own gains, infected him with vampirism after weeks of feeding from him. The mentality took over quickly, re-surfacing his days of seeking out violence to stack his pride, but to a higher calibre and found himself a new family that only further encouraged that behaviour. He commanded his ship and the crew of sanguines that lived upon it. Actively terrorizing any small ships around, taking hostages as blood slaves and supplies for themselves. During an unfortunate outing with his coven, while docked in a small coastal village, local hunters came for his members while drunk from a night of celebrations. Layrehas was able to escape on time and sailed to Regalia. Unable to return home due to his curse and unsure what to do in the strange city, he finds himself wandering aimlessly.

◈ Adrian von Bardouixe offered him a place in his coven which Layrehas gladly accepted. Adrian was more than a leader to him however, the bond between the two developed strongly to the point of considering him family. One of the many interactions the Fin’ullen engaged in on the surface led to his arrest and curing of his sanguinism. Now once again lost and left bitter over how years of his life had been robbed from him, Layrehas was offered a second chance at life by a friend. He made the decision to turn his back on his race in hopes of fulfilling the bitter emptiness, taking on the Xenophane Tenets in their entirety and undergoing the Ritual of the Prideborn, emerging from the flames of the Black Temple as a newly formed Apostle Manathar.

◈ He left the city soon after the disappearance of the Manathar. For good, he thought. He was still left with a bitter feeling, as he had grown accustomed to. For the next two years, he travelled the seas with his dearest friend until the day came when he defied his own expectations and returned to the city at last, to return his daughter home to her mother. He remains in order to see if those he called friends are still alive.
    ━─┉┈◈◉◈┈┉─━

• Winner Winner x 7
    • Cuddles! Cuddles! x 1
    • Powerful Powerful x 1
    #1 Ascelus, Jul 8, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 11, 2024
  2. TheBioverse

TheBioverse ❖ Prince of Thieves ❖

3. Ascelus

Ascelus Professional Rat

Ahem, A E S T H E T I C S have been added to the sheet! I need the 'Approved' tag back, please! @TheBioverse

• Cuddles! Cuddles! x 1
  4. TheBioverse

5. Ascelus

Ascelus Professional Rat

AHHH, MY APPROVED PREFIX, IT HAS VANISHED. I kinda need that back, please. @TheBioverse

• Cuddles! Cuddles! x 1
  6. TheBioverse

@Ascelus It looks like it's still there to me?

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  7. Ascelus

Ascelus Professional Rat

Hey, hey! The character has been taught Kathar Elven ICly. @TheBioverse

• Cuddles! Cuddles! x 1
  8. TheBioverse

9. Ascelus

Ascelus Professional Rat

Hello, again! He has additionally been taught Zasta, though only how to read/understand it due to the lack of a forked tongue. @TheBioverse

• Cuddles! Cuddles! x 1
  10. TheBioverse

11. Ascelus

Ascelus Professional Rat

Hey, so this is a moderately big update to the character! I was dissatisfied with a few things, being a couple profs and the overall life story. Therefore, it has been remedied! Shuffled some profs around, and had the life story rewritten with a lot of help from @Zubile

Would appreciate it if you could take a look! @TheBioverse

• Cuddles! Cuddles! x 1
  12. Caelamus

Caelamus Sir Honeybear the chronic druid main

13. SleepyIsVerySlep

SleepyIsVerySlep Socialite Doctor

no lily in relationships? damn

• Cuddles! Cuddles! x 1
  14. Ascelus

Ascelus Professional Rat

Another proficiency update re-review thing? Yeah.

• Cuddles! Cuddles! x 1
  15. studsonsc

studsonsc the only son.

16. Ascelus

Ascelus Professional Rat

Shifted three points over to Ritualism! @Katiesc

17. Ascelus

Ascelus Professional Rat

fixed stuff

18. Mollymock

Mollymock Regalian Citizen

19. Ascelus

Ascelus Professional Rat

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  20. Mollymock

Looks good to go! Approved.

21. Ascelus

Ascelus Professional Rat

ayo i need a re-review please, removed a sorcery spell and cooking art to divide the points up to get middle altalar and some more hunting art. oh and i aged him up by a few years @Mollymock

22. Mollymock

23. Ascelus

Ascelus Professional Rat

24. Mollymock

The Sorcery and 20 Fist Combat feels a wee bit too OTT. I ask that you look at reducing one of the two.

Make this edit, tag me and we'll go from there.

25. Ascelus

Ascelus Professional Rat

I don't think I added anything more than there was before? Regardless, I made the requested change and removed one of the sorcery spells. @Mollymock

26. Mollymock

We're tightening what we do and don't allow through the application process. I sorta feel like just removing one sorcery spell isn't quite enough. If the Fist Combat were dropped to 15, I think it would be AOK.

Your character would be forced into Warrior Level II and Sorceror Level I with your point spread, please correct this.

Once you've made these changes, tag me and we should be good to go.

27. Ascelus

Ascelus Professional Rat

I'm perfectly fine with shifting the progression talents to that line-up instead. However, I don't feel too comfortable changing his proficiencies around any further than what I've done already in removing the spell from his list, seeing as how they've been this way for well over a year now. I've seen several other applications approved in the past few days that have had far higher investments than I have for him, so all I would like to do is keep him as he is. And as a side note, I'm perfectly understanding with being told I'm not allowed to add any further investments. @Mollymock

28. Mollymock

We are cracking down on characters that we feel are a bit too stacked in the review process, rather than implimenting hard codified restrictions to certain things. Your character has a potent CRP-focused affliction, with a maxxed out combat prof, and 12 points in mostly combat-aligned sorcery. We understand that you want the character to be a competent fighter, but we don't feel as though there is a need for anymore than 30 points needed in combat related proficiencies to reflect this (at a push). Lower your Fist to 15, feel free to add back in your Sorcery Spell and this app should be good to go.

29. Ascelus

Ascelus Professional Rat

There we are! I appreciate you taking the time to give me an in-depth answer to my concern, though! I didn't really factor in his affliction to his proficiencies when I should have. But now that I have the reason, I am perfectly fine with complying. So I lowered his fist combat to fifteen and kept the CRP-focused proficiencies at thirty. Thank you for the help, Molly! I apologize if I made anything harder for you. @Mollymock

30. Mollymock

Approved!

31. Ascelus

Ascelus Professional Rat

Hey, I know you just approved the sheet today, but I had to change the title due to the character parting ways with his significant other and changing his surname to Av'ezha. Sorry about that, I didn't change anything else. @Mollymock

32. Ascelus

Ascelus Professional Rat

Here we go again. I updated this red guy- well he ain't red anymore, he's white now. That's quirky. Since it's almost been a year, I brought everything up-to-date with current systems. I'll probably write down some in-character stuff later.

33. Caelamus

Caelamus Sir Honeybear the chronic druid main