Wan-xia

Discussion in 'Character Sheets' started by indyfan98, Oct 2, 2020.

1. indyfan98

indyfan98 I'm not narcissistic. I'm just better than you.

[​IMG]

Character Information

• Full Name: Ring'ce-Xia Wan (Wan-Xia, as he goes by in Regalia)
    • Race: Sihai (Frivolous Dynasty)

• Sex: Male

• Sexuality: Heterosexual

• Eye Color: Dark Brown
    [​IMG]

Core Concept
    • Wan-Xia, raised in Dexai, is a firm believer in the Loong Dragon Faith, but, through having traveled the world, he has gained reverence for the other dragon thrones the world over.
    • Wan is a bard, thespian, and luthier, having a love for all things performance, be that music, theatre, or dance, and all work both onstage and off.

[​IMG]

Proficiency Information
    Racial Boost Used: None
    • 15 Instruments Art (10 from Hobby Points, 5 from Age)- Primarily plays keyboards and strings, though is somewhat familiar with other instruments.
    • 15 Composition Art (15 from Age)
    • 10 Wooden Art (10 From Hobby Points)- Used in Luthiery (the creation of string instruments)
    • 15 Theatre Art (15 from Age)
    • 5 Writing Art (5 from Age)
    • o Sorcery Point Buy (0 from Sorcery Skill 3)- Spirit Familiar 1. Familiar appears as a Jong-li Nightingale made of Origami-style folded sheet music. Exist based sorcery, learned in Daen from the Altalar.

Body Stat Total: (15 Theatre Arts + 5 Wooden Arts)*.5= 10

Wan-Xia playing Pipa in Dexai

[​IMG]

Abilities

• Sihai Racials
      • Moon Transform 1
      • Moon Transform 2
      • Light Mend 3
      • Flux Shift 5
      • Sorcery Skill 3
      • Weapon Song 1
      • Inth Gift 3
    • Sorcery
      • Spirit Familiar 1

[​IMG]

Languages

• Common

• Wa’an
    [​IMG]
    Appearance Information
    • Being an elderly man, Wan-Xia has developed arthritis and some early stages of carpal tunnel due to working with his hands and fingers all day.

• Wan-Xia is in older gentleman. No matter what Dynasty form he takes on, he appears with greying hair/feathers. However, he usually favors the Frivolous Dynasty, and rarely switches unless needed for a role in theatre or some other situation.
      • Common Dynasty form appears as an old, grey-haired Sihai man. He, in this form, usually wears powdered makeups. He stands at about 5'3" in this form.
      • War-Dynasty form appears in the Huai Dynasty. His hair is dark, salt-and-pepper colored, leaning more towards the greys and whites. He has a mustache when switching into this form. He stands about 5'10" in this form.
      • Frivolous Dynasty form sees Wan-Xia as most know him: a red panda man, with fur that greys towards the tips. His fur is fairly plain, with no patterns or identifying markers beyond that of a regular red panda. In this form, he stands about 4'11".
      • Greater Dynasty form manifests as a barn owl. His feathers show age as they are patchy in color, with whites and beiges poking through on some of his feathers. Here, he stands at 5'3".
      • New Dynasty form is that of a Fennec Fox, with the back stripes of a Thylacine. His tail is poofy, and his fur, much like in his Frivolous Dynasty form, greys towards the tips. He stands at about 5'3" in this form, as well.
    [​IMG]

Life Story

• Born to a wealthy family in Dexai, Wan has, since his youth, favored the Frivolous Dynasty form. He finds the form to be most fitting to his love for the simple pleasures in life. Wan, at a young age, fell in love with music and theatre. He would often sneak out of his home at night to watch late night performances of the Silent Operas, watching through the windows into peoples' homes to see the performances. However, he always felt that the Silent Operas were missing something: music.

• Wan always sought to learn and spread the teachings of music. As he grew older, he began to study music not just of Eastern varieties, but also the music of the West. He loved how music in the west played such an integral part in their religions and cultures. He wished that the Sihai would practice music more often, so he set off to create a sung-through opera. However, many actors left partway through the practices, or even just left as soon as they learned that music was being added to their traditional silent operas. At the performance, it did not go over well, either. The audience's jeers and complaints hit Wan hard, and reviews were even more scathing. Wan thought long and hard about his place in Dexai, and eventually he decided he had no place there. He decided to head west, towards the setting sun.

• He hopped from place to place, studying the art and literature of each place he visited, from Farah'deen, to Essalonia, to Ithania, to Daendroc, and many small islands in between, studying from masters of composition, writing, theatre, luthiery, and more, both in the field and in academia. He feared going to Regalia, not knowing how he would be treated if it had been learned that he worshiped the dragons. However, after hearing the stories of the architecture and the vast array of people in the city, the art, the cultures intermingling, Wan finally left for the Crown Isle, feeling that it'd be a great opportunity to share his knowledge with the world's melting pot. Of course, by the time he had finally gotten around to going to the island, he had gotten up in his years, being at the age of 73. He arrived at the city docks, and after getting situated, he learned of many properties around the city being up for sale, of which he found the largest one he could find, and purchased it. There, he set up the Regalian Institute of the Performing Arts, and began to recruit for students and staff.

• To this day, Wan loves the art of performance. Having studied under the greats of many great nations, Wan began to be referred to as "Wan the Wise" by many artists in Regalia, to which he translated to his native tongue as "Wan-Xia", a name he felt rather fitting to his old age and amassed knowledge. He picks up his pen everyday to pen new works of art, from music, to plays, to books, and novels.

Born in the lap of lavish luxury,

Wan favored the frivolous values of life

Long since his youth in the bourgeoisie.

He saw a man play a simple fife,

And soon took to love of music and its prose.

He saw little value in the trifles of politics

As the legislature would often have laws against music to pose.

Wan developed the love for musics

All shapes and kinds to love

With notes soaring on high wind

Much akin to the majesty of the Loong or grace of a dove.

An unsatisfiable urge could not be pinned;

For what could it mean?

A land without music is no land at all.

What remained cannot be seen,

For Wan felt his ancestral ties may fall.

He saw the Silent Operas of Dexai,

Like "When Nightingale Cry Come,"

The beauty bewildering his brown eyes.

But still something was missing, a music of kind some,

What else to do but alter the tradition

But old traditions die hard.

With opera in tow, musical addition,

A play set to be put on by thespians in the yard,

Where so many quit out of protest,

Wan felt disheartened.

He thought his work of having little contest,

But thoughts of failure left him flattened.

His opening night was met with jeers,

Leaving Wan without much to do,

Instead leaving Dexai, faced stained with tears.

He took with him writings of theatre and poetry like Fu.

He traveled to places like Farah'deen and Essalonia,

Ships of water and of sand taking him to each new destination.

He learned from Daendroc music of Guitars and Bossa.

The Dressolini taught him of Westernization

With music styles like opera, art and aria.

He learned of a not-so-far-off land

Known simply as Regalia,

And with captain's guidance and help of many a deck-hand,

Sails were made, filled with wind and the worth of gold,

Wan came upon the holy city,

Towns of New and Old.

A deficit of education was of great pity.

He knew he had much to do,

For how could he now allow

A city to do without performance and teachers, who

Help the populace face the curtain with a bow.

He taught schools, learned the art of Luthiery,

And soon became known as "Wan the Wise."

Instruments abound learned with difficulty

Over many years abroad, under the open skies.

He took the name "Wan the Wise" to Wa'an,

To translate to something to remind him of his family, home, and where he learned the Pipa,

The name became one of fame, for now he can

Call himself the one and truly:
    Screenshot_20210506-000904_Gallery.jpg

[​IMG]

Progression Information
    • Diplomat Level 2, Sage Level 1

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Powerful Powerful x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    #1 indyfan98, Oct 2, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2021
  2. Grimmsome

Grimmsome mr. blue sky (living here today)

Hi! I'm claiming this application for review. Expect a response fairly soon.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  3. Grimmsome

Everything looks fine, but you do have investment in proficiencies that grant body-stat, majorly being your investment in Theatre Arts, however it's currently listed as 0. Fix this, and you'll be A-OK. @indyfan98

4. indyfan98

Done! Thank you!

5. Grimmsome

Approved.

6. indyfan98

@Lumiess Wan-Xia will likely be switching Dynasties (switching to Common Dynasty) for a few weeks so as to better fit a part in a play. He will become Frivolous Dynasty right as soon as he can. Do I need a re-review, or no?

7. Grimmsome

Hi, sorry for the last response, got lost in my notifications. Just tag me when you do so, and that'll work.

8. indyfan98

@Lumiess Wan has switched dynasties for the next three weeks for the play he'll be in. He will switch back on the 21st.

9. indyfan98

@Lumiess Wan-Xia has switched back to Frivolous Dynasty.

10. indyfan98

@Lumiess Just letting you know, I removed Finecraft Science from Wan and redistributed the points to Writing and Wooden Arts.

11. indyfan98

@Lumiess Just updated Wan's points with the new update. A few less points in theatre art. Singing skill removed. Writing Art needed bumped down, too, as I lost points to spend in the arts with talent point removal and music moved to arts.

12. Grimmsome

• Winner Winner x 1
  13. indyfan98

It needs set to approved. I can do it myself, but I don't know if I'm allowed to.

14. Grimmsome

.. My bad, there. Definitely thought I did, all fixed up now.

15. indyfan98

@Lumiess Just letting you know I added a "life chronicles," or, in this case, the life Story told in Chinese Fu Poetry. Nothing new added. Just thought I should tell you that I made the change.

16. indyfan98

@Lumiess Updated with his abilities, including his free sorcery spell from Sorcery Skill 3. Also changed out the photo for a piece of music with the photo as the background image.

17. indyfan98

@Lumiess Aged up Wan-Xia a year, as his birthday was a week ago. No proficiency changes. Sorry to bother! I just wanted to ensure you knew.

18. indyfan98

@Lumiess Updated the application to new standards and style. I'll need a re-review. Point spread is the same, sans the lack of the schooling. Those three points went to Theatre Art to bump it up to 15. I also added descriptions of all his Dynasty forms, even though he is unlikely to use them much.

19. Volaie

Volaie Honest Citizen Supremium

Approved.