Played Character Imira Delaianur

Discussion in 'Character Sheets' started by Proudbucket, Oct 9, 2020.

1. Proudbucket

Proudbucket Custom title

[​IMG]
    Character Information
    Name: Imira Delaianur
    Race: Maquixtl
    Occult: Mundane
    Religion: Estelley​

Core Concept
    Imira is a theatrical exaggerator, a shameless scoundrel and a flirty troublemaker. She is a headstrong elven girl, whose insatiable curiosity and ambitious spirit often lands her into unexpected situations, often dragging along her friends into these unexpected adventures.​

Appearance Information
    Imira has a round face framed by big almond shaped eyes, a small perky nose and, often, a mischievous smile. She appears fit as one that she spends a lot of time outdoors in the wilds. Her voice has a sing-song quality that matches a playful demeanor.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

How would your character express Happiness and Contentedness?
    When happy and relaxed she shows confidence, becomes a bit sassy and lets herself be a bit childish. In those situations she tends to smile a lot and follows along with other people's conversation.

How would your character respond to experiencing Fear?

As taught by her tutor, Imira tries to face her fears but she is not a fighter nor an iron-willed person. She might put a facade of bravado and react aggressively but fear is always reflected on her face. She is a brash person but she realizes her limitations and might also run away, especially if she fears harm.

How would your character respond to experiencing Stress?

She tries to be calm in stressful situations, although it is not manifested in the moment, stress builds off as frustration. Eventually this might trigger episodic outbursts of emotion in which she doesn't control herself, becomes impulsive and takes bad choices.

How does your character view Law and Authorities?
    She feels laws and authorities in Regalia somewhat asphyxiating and though. Imira comes from a small village that relies in tradition and practicality and this contrasts with the codified regalian law and justice system.

How does your character feel about Races other than their own?
    Imira only has a vague understanding of the other existing races and their traditions. In her mind she classifies the races in a few groups: those of familiar groups, those of evil nature, those that are greedy and self centered and those of foreign or alien nature.

How does your character feel about Religion for themselves, and other faiths?
    Imira prays to the Allmother and believes Neflin and Yanar should follow her designs but she is not versed in theology nor is she very devout. She also believes that the gods of other people exist but considers them foreign and sometimes dangerous.

How does your character feel about the Arcane and Magical in the world?

Imira considers magic a part of life and something that comes naturally to Cielothar but something she doesn't quite understand. She finds the academic study of the arcane and the magical as something boring, foreign and not worth studying.

How does your character feel towards their family?
    Imira feels desperate for the love and security that family provides, something that she lost with the kathar raid but that she tries to get from friends.

What is your character the most proud of about themselves?
    She feels proud of being a Cielothar, of being close to nature, of holding strong to her pacific ways and standing her ground. This is a path that she believes all races should follow. In this way she disdains the achievements of most other races as vane or fatuous.

What motivates your character to move forward and better their life?
    Imira's motivations are much in line with Cielothar's norms. She seeks to live a simple and peaceful life in community. This goal, however elusive, is what motivates her to seek safety and companionship.

What is your character's biggest insecurity?
    Not being adequate. Since childhood Imira has felt inadequate and has always felt judged and isolated. This has led her to compensate and she overstates her achievements and she often disses other people's achievements.

What is your character's biggest fear?

Imira fears being left alone and puts a great deal of importance in getting the people she likes around her. This sometimes makes her appear clingy, pushy or sly.

Imira likes headpats, braiding hair and having her hair braid, wandering in the forest, climbing trees, cooking, the smell of herbs in herbalist shops, stargazing, singing and playing music.

Dislikes
    Large crowds, aimless talk and intellectual or philosophical conversations.

Proficiencies
    Dexterity: 7
    Cutthroat Backstab
    Wisdom: 7
    Chem Berserk (Maquixtl)
    Languages
    • Common
    • Altalar

Life Story
    Imira's origins and past remain shrouded in mystery. She resides in the petal court, where people don't think much of it and assume humble beginnings. Yet, her story unfolds as one marked by extensive travels around the world. Rumor has it that she received tutelage from the wise wolf of Gallovia and she boldly claims to have completed many outlandish feats and to carry a noble lineage and the legacy of many heroes past.

[​IMG]

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Cuddles! Cuddles! x 1
    #1 Proudbucket, Oct 9, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 28, 2024 at 4:31 PM
  2. Proudbucket

Proudbucket Custom title

Expansions
    Mostly stuff that changes as I play
    Also, here is how to pronounce Imira

Leila's Lullaby
    Little darling, ruby red,
    sing me a melody, send me to bed.
    Close your eyes, embrace the moon.
    Pray for the wind that's coming soon.
    One day you'll be bigger than I,
    a woman of wonder, a butterfly.
    By your side, a story is told.
    Send for the skies, heart of gold.
    With baby's breath, a glowing wish
    your twinkling eyes, my loving kiss.
    Little darling, ruby red,
    rest your head and sleep again.

Kings and Fools
    Ooooooh one day I saw a purple girl, cat ears and fancy frill.
    A silly plant as there has been, was making quite a scene
    But kings and fools they all go in the sack, if they see the mirror they belong to the same pack

Ooooooh one day I saw a dragon queen, wide hips as no one's seen.
    I followed her with my eyes though that was very unwise
    but kings and fools they all go in the sack, if they see the mirror they belong to the same pack

Ooooooh one day I saw a white Qadir, big trouble that he stirred.
    Took him for an evil ghost and brought him to a roast
    but kings and fools they all go in the sack, if they see the mirror they belong to the same pack

Ooooooh one day I saw a bearded prince, took me word to convince.
    We danced nightlong on the floor... till they kicked us by the door.

• Winner Winner x 2
    #2 Proudbucket, Oct 9, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 9, 2023
  3. fantuinn

fantuinn most honest biped in athens Staff Member Lore2

Claimed for review.​

4. Proudbucket

Proudbucket Custom title

I corrected formatting and spelling/grammar mistakes.
    Nothing highlighted for now as nothing essential changed.

5. fantuinn

fantuinn most honest biped in athens Staff Member Lore2

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  6. Proudbucket

Proudbucket Custom title

@fantuinn
    As there has been character development I made substantial changes to the character.
    This involved aging the character 1 year, changing proficiencies and adding a paragraph to her story.
    I also noticed that I had only added one language of two that are given on character creation. I added Modern Altalar.

Hopefully checking this wont be too much trouble.

7. Mollymock

Mollymock Regalian Citizen

Hey there @Proudbucket! Claiming this app for review. Expect a reply shortly.

8. Mollymock

Only thing I can see is that you probably shouldn't have Modern Altalar without investing in Linguistic Science, since neither parent should be speaking the language.

Make this edit, tag me and we should be good to go!

9. Proudbucket

Proudbucket Custom title

Hi @Mollymock
    Thanks for taking the app.
    The wiki states that Cielothar communities from the south speak PA and that Cielothar and Avanthar communities (presumably in the north, near Altalar territories) do speak MA. I had written the language of her mother as MA and the language of her village as PA but now I made it more explicit in the first line of her story.

New edits are marked in red (first line of her story).

Modern Altalar: Based on no IRL Language and spoken by the Altalar, Cielothar, Avanthar, Yanar and those Races who deal with them or who have populations in or near their territory.

Plains Altalar: Based on no IRL Language and spoken by the Avanthar, Cielothar and those Yanar who live in the plains of southern Daen.

10. Mollymock

The languages page is out of date. The Cielothar page is the most up to date version. Cielothar do not speak Modern Altalar, since Plains Altalar evolved alongside it, from Middle Altalar. We're wanting to try and minimise the amount of people taking 2 free parent languages where we can, since the system is supposed to exist for things like half races and other fish out of water characters. Please make these edits, then we're good to go.

11. Proudbucket

Proudbucket Custom title

@Mollymock
    Done, I added 3 points of linguistic science from the points that I had reserved for learning rp and I kept Modern Altalar.

All point calculations are under the spoiler "Basic Information".

12. Mollymock

13. Proudbucket

Proudbucket Custom title

@Mollymock
    I updated the abilities as per the Altalar update.
    Probably that will need to change again when staff releases half races packages but who knows when will that happen (maybe tomorrow, maybe in 3 months). I took the opportunity to switch points between horticulture and theatre art.

All abilities are highlighted in red.
    Theatre and horticulture are highlighted in red in the basic information spoiler.

#13 Proudbucket, Jan 24, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 24, 2021
  14. Mollymock

Approved

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  15. Proudbucket

Proudbucket Custom title

@Mollymock
    The character has been participating in lots of politics so I added 5 points in statecraft. I also added 10 points in perception to participate in player progressions. For that I removed bodycare and pathfinding (they were never used). I re-distributed points and used some unspent points to accommodate for these changes. Three points remain unspent and I save them for learning rp.

All changes are highlighted in red under the basic information spoiler.

16. Mollymock

At the moment, I do not feel as though it makes much sense for this character to have Statecraft. They are a 15 year old Cielothar, barely starting their life by neflin-standards. I do not feel as though just spending some time in Regalia and around nobles is enough to justify this. I ask you remove it from your proficiency list, or entirely rework the character for this (which would definitely require them to be aged up a wee bit).
    In addition, there are concerns as to your character's skin in-game and the art that's attached to this forum post. Your character is a suvail Altalar, yet their skintone is far from what is acceptable for them. We ask that you darken the skin on your character considerably so that it lays within the realm of what is lorecompliant.
    Make these edits, tag me then we're good to go.

17. Proudbucket

Proudbucket Custom title

@Mollymock
    I hold the art piece in great esteem, it was a gift from a friend. I much rather change the character than the art.

After thinking this for a bit I decided to change the father from an Avanthar to a Qússrakón Woaden Ailor. That has a similar feeling as the Avanthar and might make the character fit. I also wont have to deal with the weird mechanic of Cielothar x Avanthar producing Altalar.

All special abilities are removed and proficiency points are updated. I also removed all but 1 point of statecraft. I believe 1 point can represent the most basic understanding of that skill and I hope that is ok. All changes in red, proficiency calculations are under the spoiler "basic information".

#17 Proudbucket, Feb 15, 2021
    Last edited: Feb 19, 2021
  18. Proudbucket

Proudbucket Custom title

#18 Proudbucket, Feb 19, 2021
    Last edited: Dec 20, 2023
  19. Mollymock

20. Proudbucket

Proudbucket Custom title

@Mollymock
    With the proficiency update suddenly I got a lot of points so I modified the skills.
    I also aged the character 1 year and added the Sintil language from her Qus father.
    All changes in red below the the basic information spoiler.

21. Mollymock

Everything looks good except that Statecraft is no longer a proficiency. Please correct this, tag me then we should be good to go.

22. Proudbucket

Proudbucket Custom title

@Mollymock It is done.
    I removed statecraft as it no longer exists.
    I also removed Modern Altalar... it no longer make sense for the character.
    I leave 5 points free for learning rp.

23. Mollymock

24. Proudbucket

Proudbucket Custom title

@Mollymock As half races were implemented I updated the character.
    - The character gained Hyliel racial abilities
    - I added a +5 racial proficiency bonus to husbandry
    - I also reworded the story but it is essentially the same
    All changes are highlighted in red.

25. Mollymock

26. Proudbucket

Proudbucket Custom title

Minor update. I aged Imira 1 year. She is now 17. I also used the unspent points in bodycare proficiency.
    @Mollymock

27. Mollymock

28. Proudbucket

Proudbucket Custom title

@Mollymock
    I updated the character sheet to the new format.
    Nothing else changed, proficiency points and the story remain the same.

29. Mollymock

A 17 year old having three levels in Diplomacy doesn't feel like it makes much sense. I'm inclined to say that a seventeen year old cannot have any levels in diplomacy, since very very very few serious entities will respect or value the word of a child. Please review your Talent Points, but keep in mind we will be especially sceptical of them on younger characters, considering their implications.

30. Proudbucket

Proudbucket Custom title

I might have failed to communicate in the story some of the events that happened ic. Hence why diplomacy looks out of place. I corrected that.

I wont fuss about talent points, they are optional. I removed the talent points, I just wrote there that Imira has been studying diplomacy.
    @Mollymock

31. Mollymock

If you don't have any Talent Points, please remove this section. Other than that, approved.

32. Proudbucket

Proudbucket Custom title

I did some minor work with aesthetics and removed the progression information.
    However, with the edits I lost the approved character tag @Mollymock

33. Mollymock

34. Proudbucket

Proudbucket Custom title

@Mollymock
    • Pathfinding disappeared, I moved the points to horticulture (collecting herbs in the wild).
    • Changed the father to Avanthar. There are no Qus to play with.
    • I aged the character one year, she is now 18.

35. Proudbucket

Proudbucket Custom title

I updated the character. I'm requesting a new reviewer (Mollymock is apparently on a leave or on vacations).
    All changes are in red: I aged the character 1 year and I updated the character to the proficiency system.

#35 Proudbucket, Aug 24, 2022
    Last edited: Aug 24, 2022
  36. Caelamus

Caelamus Sir Honeybear the chronic druid main