Blue Blood Noble Family House Delmotte

Discussion in 'Roleplay Families' started by Arhbi, May 23, 2019.

1. Arhbi

Arhbi Peacemaker Supremium

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    FAMILY BASICS
    Dynasty: Delmotte
    Patriarch: Lord Marceau Delmotte, Count Bastadon
    Sigil: Golden Quinotaur

FAMILY THEME

House Delmotte is a politically minded Ithanian-Regal family hailing from the isle of Basta & Irvelle, balancing a fine line between self-interested protectionism, and loyal obedience to Crown Authority. The family has roots in Ithania, reaching Regalia during the Gem Boom, and bringing with them wealth and followers from Ithanian during the major migration flows. The family remains somewhat fragmented due to this history, with branches of the family existing in multiple countries, though only the branch in Regalia is considered politically active. The family claims some direct descent from Morgan Kade through his legitimized son Randolf Zwartz-Kade marrying Countess Katriane Delmotte, and having issue for both lineages.
    FAMILY HERITAGE

[​IMG]
    FAMILY HISTORY

House Delmotte is said to have been founded in the later years of the 1st Century AC, however its earliest mentions in official documents in Ithanian censuses are from the year 109 AC. Their humble origins are rooted in the management of low bureaucratic estates in Joyau-vert du Nord, where they remained relatively insignificant until the onset of the Ithanian Gem Boom following Chancellor Vlaas Kade’s conquest of the Ithanian heartlands.

The Gem Boom served as a stepping stone and opportunity for the early Delmottes, as it had with so many other Ithanian families who chose to migrate to the Archipelago and settle Pays Sud. The matriarch, Madaleine Delmotte, was the first to establish her name as a relevant polity, receiving titleage over the lands of Irvellan. This sudden increase in influence led to the majority of her sisters and their children following from Ithania to enjoy newfound relevance and luxury in the local sphere as the region exploded in terms of wealth and prosperity.

The next matriarch of any significance was Katriane Delmotte, whose cunning and stewardship led to the provinces of Irvellan, Mozelle, Ruzelle and Miser being consolidated under the banner of a County, making her the first Countess in Delmotte history. The County of Irvellan only soared in prosperity following the Chrysant Wars, with Katriane being the one solely responsible for the diversification of the families economic portfolio, while also openly supporting an increasingly militaristic Regalia rebounding from recession.

With Katrianes death in the year 304 AC, her daughter Emmeline Delmotte would ascend to the County throne. Though her rule was relatively brief, having abdicated in favor of her elder brother Louis in as few as three years, she is credited for introducing the family to the Crown Isle and all of its politicking. Emmeline later moved to Ithania and quickly found herself titled again, albeit now as a Baroness.

Louis Delmottes tenure as Count was even that more brief, abdicating to his firstborn son a mere year after inheriting. His abdication followed suite to resignation from his more prized position of Lord Chancellor of the Empire. Louis is however responsible for the family adopting the burgeoning Regal culture and the subsequent cultural osmosis that all of Basta came to embrace.

Marceau Delmotte, having embraced the Regalized name Markus, is the current patriarch of House Delmotte and Count of Bastadon. It is yet to be seen how his rule will conclude. Insofar it might be described as a tenure of political strife with other aristocrats of the crown isle.

RECRUITMENT

Family Recruitment is open. Applicants are welcome to submit their interest in joining House Delmotte with the following information attached. I have a particular interest in knight characters joining the family, or individuals confident with event hosting, but remain open to any and all pitches.

Character Pitch:

Past Experience:
    References:
    Discord Name:

Tag @Arhbi with all family member applications.

• Winner Winner x 22
    • Powerful Powerful x 7
    • Constructive Constructive x 1
    #1 Arhbi, May 23, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 13, 2024
  2. Wumpatron

Wumpatron Das Wump

@Arhbi
    Previous Character Applications: https://forums.massivecraft.com/threads/edvard-norrvakt.76104/ https://forums.massivecraft.com/threads/harald-von-drachenburg.60188/
    Nobility Experience: Was a member of House Moselburg on two occasions, member of House d'Eluise, member of House Norrvakt on two separate occasions, on and off member of House von Drachenburg since its creation, member of House Kehlen, created House dei Termini (which failed due to time requirements)
    Punishment History: None
    Discord: You have it
    Reason for Applying: The family views align with what I want to build a character with within the Swords of the Bulwark. The current mercenary bands are noticeably tied to nobility and I want to reflect that in the leadership of the school. The Delmotte background fits into what I envision for the Bulwark as being relatively true neutral while being pro Imperial which is something that is written into the Swords of the Bulwark. I also consider Delmotte to be in the higher peaks of nobility where things like etiquette aren't ignored and yet can still find entertaining roleplay within itself and I find Arbhi to be a highly competent player, something that I feel will be good to play off for a more natural family interaction.

Character Name: Guy Léon Delmotte
    Character Age: 42
    Personality: Logician INTP-A | Lawful Evil
    Short Bio: Guy was raised in la Cressa on Ithanian ideology, that was rather lax due to the Regalian influences from the Heartland and the rising popularity of the Leutz-Vixe culture not so far away in Brissiauds. As he came of age, Guy was prepared in combat training, not receiving any formal tuition to a knightly order or any such school given his standing within the family, rather trained to wield a flail in combat as it was rather simple and effective. As he entered adulthood he become less attached to the Delmotte plots, venturing into the Ravenstad held Brissiaud lands to interact with the knights there, his combat skill being a fine cross to the polished armor of the Leutz Knights. In his middle adult years, Guy served in the Regalian military during the Chrysant war where he properly integrated into the military culture. Upon his return Guy aligned himself with the Chrysant veterans who became mercenaries, a popular market in the Ithanian managed Pays Sud region. Now falling out of his prime Guy enters into the capital with his modest military experience to take the reigns of the Swords of the Bulwark from a falling House Norrvakt to usher in a more conservative age for the mercenary bands therein.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. Arhbi

Approved for trial

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  4. Puagrace

Puagrace No limit to your imagination, except for Lore!

Family Application

Previous Character Applications: https://forums.massivecraft.com/threads/sage-ayda-rowe.79517/ https://forums.massivecraft.com/threads/covas-eliot-shainvrel.78048/#post-945992 https://forums.massivecraft.com/threads/sarenaty-arum.80780/#post-944511
    Nobility Experience: I have been in a few small noble family's before, but most of my time has been spent being a house guard, where I have been able to observe and understand the extent of proper noble roleplay.
    Punishment History: As clean as a whistle!
    Discord: Puagrace#8301
    Reason for Applying: I want to get into other kinds of roleplay and do something different from what I normally do. I miss playing a noble and wanted to do it again! I want to be more active in the noble community and spread my options for a wider variety of roleplay.

Character Name: Odette Delmotte
    Character Age: 30
    Personality: Militaristic, Patient, Humble, Observant.
    Short Bio: Odette in her younger years, grew up in La Cresse helping the family raise and sell horses for war. As time went on she became more curious about the aspect of war and what it was for. After doing about a year of research and looking into it, she discovered The Bloodcast Order and joined. Being in the Bloodcast Order for a few years gained her a lot of skill and knowledge.

• Winner Winner x 2
  5. Arhbi

I’m glad to see that you’ve shown interest in House Delmotte, however I have unfortunately decided against accepting this application. Rest assured, the decision does not come as a result of any fault of your own but rather my unfamiliarity with yourself. I like to uphold certain levels of expectations and regrettably I am not confident enough that I can trust these to be upheld by someone I am greatly unfamiliar of. I do however implore you to apply for a position in the family staffing instead if you still show an interest in the family.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Jupiter6700

Jupiter6700 The Raptor

Noble Experience - On paper, none because I primarily played allar and obviously only the Cro are the nobles while the other races are close but not quite there. However, I was part of Yaotl for the better part of 2019 and early 2020 and I am kind of in Vyzal at the moment. Other than that I have no experience but I’ve had characters come into contact with nobles and stuff like that. Nonetheless I’m sort’ve a noob but I really do want to learn.
    Discord - You got it my friend.
    Reason for Applying - I want to do something a little different regarding the World System as I think that it has untapped potential for myself. I want to start a merchant charter and/or a military fleet. Furthermore, I want to fully envelope myself in the Noble System and do my very best try and bring recognition not only to myself but to the family as a whole. Overall I’m applying to open doors to ideas I’ve had for a while but didn’t have the means to carry out.
    Vouchers - @Ghirko @Wumpatron @dimetros
    Character Pitch - Pénélope Aoûte Solarent Delmotte is a naval admiral and merchant corporation particularly in regards to military goods. She is in her mid-thirties and knows the seas like the back of her hand, she also dabbles in Blacksmithing as well as some blades combat. She’s of a more muscular build and short cropped blonde hair, which is decorated in atypical noble regalia of course. She has close ties with Katriane Delmotte who taught her the arts of military trade and overall mercantilism, which would turn out to be her career later on in her life. She laid low during the 300’s A.C, allowing her small shipping business to grow, booms in the various wars throughout the period helped it grow. After it grew to an adequate size, she came to Regalia to run her business in the Crown Isle as it is the most economically prosperous place in all of Ailordom. This can be worked out over dms if necessary but here is my broad theme.

• Powerful Powerful x 1
  7. Arhbi

[​IMG]
    Accepting applications for the upcoming season of nobility.

Siblings, cousins, uncles, and aunts can all be applied for.
    Not limited to characters existing on the family tree.
    Also seeking vassal families.

• Powerful Powerful x 3
    #7 Arhbi, Oct 22, 2021
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2021
  8. kampferin

kampferin Refugee

Nobility Experience: I’ve not had a lot of experience with playing a noble character. Although I’ve had a trial with the Peirgartens, I didn’t have enough free time to fully commit, and am now more prepared to do so. In recent months, I’ve played a house guard, which has allowed me to interact in the noble community, even if said interactions were in smaller quantities, it's made me more confident being around noblity.

Discord: kampferin#9204

Reason for Applying: I wish to expand on my experience, and push myself to do things I have yet to do in RP. I've wanted to have a character within nobility for a while, and with having multiple friends who are nobility themselves, I've felt prepared enough to branch out. The reason for joining the Delmotte's specifically is feeling as though the family allows a sense of freedom and growth, but has enough structure for a stable, and reliable family without restricting a character's uniqueness and personality. I've had an image of a more artistic, and free-form character. The Delmotte's felt the best for such a character, without limiting the character themself.

Vouchers: @Hautee, @TheRook1, @CanadianNeighbor

Character Pitch: Colette Antoinée Delmotte is a young, strong-willed woman who has a passion for the arts. She's firm in her beliefs and thoughts, and won't hold back if someone has wronged her. She has a strong sense of manners and honoraries, believing it necessary unless found otherwise or undeserved. Colette's passion for the arts doesn't come limited, having knowledge in as much as she can, whether it be painting, tailoring, fashion, sculpting, or anything of the sort. Colette is someone who wants to learn as much as she can, often having tutors for an abundance of things besides the arts. Reading, writing, poetry, and the like. She has strong features with a gentle femininity to them, with long blonde hair and green eyes. Her frame is smaller, and she isn't built strong, but her strength comes with her mind. She's an intelligent woman who utilizes her words as her weapon. She doesn't believe fights need to end in blood, but can be handled with a few words. Colette would dabble in self-defense and combat for her own safety, but it would not be a main focus of hers. She would have hopes of starting a shop in the future, or holding public events to expand and show off her love and knowledge for the arts.
    Note: It's not specified where she's placed in the family, I would presume a cousin of sorts, I'm happy to figure it out!
    @Arhbi

• Powerful Powerful x 2
  9. Arhbi

House Delmotte is now hiring staff!

• Powerful Powerful x 5
  10. Ailethi

Ailethi neighborhood milf lover Supremium

Application for domestic staff, letter spoilered below.

Addressed to Lady Rhea Delmotte,
    I hope this letter reaches you in good health. I am seeking employment with ample skill catered towards tailoring and the mending of clothing and fabrics. I am willing to display my prized creations, should you wish to see the quality and see if it is up to your expectations. Furthermore, I have begun to train in the work of tending to hair and makeup to make sure everyone is looking their best and presentable. I am always willing to learn how to be of service in other roles, if I am required.

Best regards,
    Mirabel
    [ @Hautee ]

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  11. Hautee

Hautee average LoL player

[​IMG]

A sealed up letter would reach the residence of Mirabel, reading:

"Addressed to Mirabel,

I pray this letter finds you in good condition, Mirabel. Upon carefully reading over your letter, I see you are very proficient in many things. With that in mind, I wish to speak to you in person regarding this position and see your prized creations if you would not mind. I sincerely thank you for applying and I look forward to meeting you within the coming days. Everwatcher's guidance and please take care.

Signed,
    Lady Rhea Delmotte"

@Ailethi You can msg me on discord and find a time for Rhea and Mirabel to meet and talk! Thank you very much :)

• Powerful Powerful x 2
  12. Clone_Fives

Clone_Fives

House Guard application
    To Count Aldair Delmotte

I hope you are well when you receive this letter. I would like to express my interest in becoming a house guard. I am good with a sword and if I give your family my loyalty then you shall have it. I am experienced with combat, and I believe that I might do good as a guard for House Delmotte.
    From Lillian Stormheart
    @AshenRoman

• Winner Winner x 1
    #12 Clone_Fives, Jan 17, 2022
    Last edited: Jan 17, 2022
  13. Arhbi

House Delmotte is back. Recruitment is open.

• Like Like x 4
  14. Apictos

Apictos

Nobility Experience: I’ve got a fair bit of nobility experience, I started off in House (Sparthous?) I think it was called that and it was pretty much dead when I joined. The reason I haven’t stuck around much in the noble scene is for the fact that I’ve been on the downhill with motivation and character-ideas that inevitably don’t draw me in fully.
    Discord: You have it.
    Reason for Applying: I’ve been meddling with this particular OC design for a long while now and I think it’s time I start to really get into the thick of role playing him. I’m a big fan of the way you write and to see how much care you put into your family page really inspires me. Your love of worldbuilding and characters show through, and I can honor that and add to it.
    Vouchers: N/A (I suggest putting me on a trial as a better method of gauging if my roleplay is something that you could see in your family.)
    Character Pitch:

Otto Sorel Delmotte (Urlan-Virdian Knight)
    • Born as the youngest Baroness Katriane Delmotte and her husband Jean Argent, and developed to be a sickly child. This made him the more cautious and weary out of all the siblings.
    • Went through preliminary education smoothly, being an avid reader with a special intrigue in linguistics.
    • By the age of thirteen he’d be sent off to the Viridian Order, learning the ins and outs of the academy. He became a profound duelist, and at the age of twenty one he’d graduate.
    • Participating abroad in many wars, standing by and protecting those with authority.
    • It wasn’t until a return ship from the Dread War when his warship passed by Jorrhildr for supplies, and was invaded and scavenged by Urlan, Otto was forced to succumb to the Oorl worm.
    • After a long time, Otto made his way back home, the same man but changed. Today, Otto tries to remain a stalwart Viridian as he goes through the motions of relearning who he is.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Arhbi

Approved for Trial

16. pixYcandi

pixYcandi Random Adjective Generator

Nobility Experience: I have limited noble experience, maybe a few months here and there almost 4 years ago. I mainly only ever played socialite characters, hosting events and things I felt would be fun. I feel that my strengths lie in politics and networking when it comes to most of my characters, and my weaknesses are strategy and combat.

Discord: pixYcandi (u have me added)

Reason for Applying: I talked to you about it a bit in DMs, but I'm really looking forward to getting back into the swing of things when it comes to mcrp. I want to play a character that is already involved with a group/organization, especially where I already know who is involved and what it's about/what the background is. A familiar setting would be easier for me to roleplay in, since it's a lower learning curve while I read up on lore updates and get to know the modern Massivecraft community.

Vouchers: SupremeCripple, slurmancer, Etrees, Lizmun, LumosJared

Character Pitch:
    . [​IMG] Giselle Aveline Delmotte [​IMG] .
    • Born to Matilde Delmotte and Guiscard Adnet as their youngest child. Her personality emerged to be energetic and sociable.
    • Grew up interested in fine arts, literature, music, and botany. Was an above average student at Madame Bette's Performing Arts Institute in earlier childhood, thanks to much tutoring.
    • Dedicated her love of music and fine arts to the Unionist church into early adulthood. She also enjoyed performing for the peerage and often taught music and dance classes.
    • Into early adulthood, she stayed close to her parents and often held receptions and recitals with them as the guests of honor.
    Giselle honors family, is unwavering in her faith, and prides herself on embodying joy in the form of social gatherings of all kinds.