Clearing The Rubble.

Discussion in 'Regalian Roleplay' started by fantuinn, Oct 18, 2021.

1. fantuinn

fantuinn most honest biped in athens Staff Member Lore2

FROM THE DESK OF THE MILITIA COMMANDER,
    Clearing the Rubble.

[​IMG]

It has been a very tiring time. That is at least what I am told upon speaking of the past few weeks. When I inquire on the matter I am usually met with forlorn groans and expressions of needing a nap. Yet I have to wonder, how easy is it to sleep when the perpetrators still linger? How well can we rest our heads when the afflicted still lurk just outside the doors of our homes?

I would imagine many among us still have family turned to curses. Who, thanks to aspects outside their control, they can do little to save. After the crisis, many Vampires and Cahal have returned to their prior status quo, hiding and bickering within Crookback's walls. This is how it has been since the Council came to being. It is our very first law. And on account of that, it is one of the most frequent criticisms lobbied to us.

In one instance, I recall a particularly sadistic man, walking home from a job, remarking to me that allowing Vampires and Cahal into Crookback was a butchering of our ideals. A failure to protect the poor and the downtrodden. We simply retorted that the Vampires and Cahal were the downtrodden. Worth that little distance of pity.

I shall be the first to admit I was wrong.

I believe to allow these groups the room to breathe after their heinous acts would be a disservice to those wronged by them. To continue to allow them the privilege of their stress-free existence is practically an insult. Both to the victims who suffered at the hands of our attempted conquerors, and to the afflicted who deserve to be recognized as the threats they wish to be.

The following changes to Crookback Law are enacted immediately. I make them with the backing of the Crookback Representative, and my authority as Crookback’s acting leader in his place.
    • Crookback Laws 1, 2 and 16 are no longer in action. These laws will not be enforced, and the Council will default to the blanket statements of:
    • Vampirism is illegal.
    • Cahalism is illegal.
    • The Crimson Representative and Cerulean Representative positions no longer exist. As these groups are not accepted in Crookback, they do not need representation.

I am aware there will be a heavy negative outcry in terms of initial reaction, but to make myself clear, under no circumstance does this mean we will allow for mercenaries or guards to begin hunting the afflicted within our borders. This is a matter that is entirely internal, and shall be handled with the Militia’s utmost care. That being said, residents of Crookback are encouraged to contact either myself, Alban Koning or Bennet Clayton to be allowed temporary or permanent work within the Militia to assist in the process of curing these afflicted. You should not feel left out or judged if you do not wish to assist. After all, it has been a tiring time.

I congratulate all of Crookback’s residents for remaining strong in these dark times, and thank each of you for your continued support and criticisms. May the strength of the people not be understated; for it was you that saved yourself, and survived by your own merit. No matter what you had to do.
    Rest well, those who deserve it.
    Harlow Ketch.

• Powerful Powerful x 22
    • Winner Winner x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  2. RainAxe

RainAxe Refugee

The Ordial imbued Lich would mutter the words of the public announcement to himself. Though, there seemed to be some distraught amongst himself as he saw the lack of specification when seeing Vampirism becoming illegal.

“What’ll that mean for th’Rokhaals?” He’d ask. Before turning to Osira for hopes of an answer.

@Anseran

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. bwmwags3

bwmwags3 Refugee

A Celate pauses in his writing as a servant hands him this. He places it upon the unoccupied side of a golden scale as the feather and notice sit in balance.

“As it should be seems Almar deems this just. I need write Duke Piertgarten with a addendum to my letter. Let us allow the borough to fix itself for now…but let the possessed find no solace outside or inside Crookback.

No longer can we stomach them, no longer can /any/ of us in this city or its borough turn a blind eye to them.”

4. Anseran

Anseran Ifrit Enthusiast

| Hovering lavishly aloft beside the Lich, Osira panned her gaze toward him with a soft shrug of her shoulders, though her words fell to pragmatism and a tone most objective as she spoke |

◥◤◢◣◥◤◢◣◥◤◢◣◥◤ ◢◣◆◢◣◥◤◢◣◥◤◢◣◥◤◢◣◥◤

"Alban Koning previously stated his wish to work with the Rokhaal within Crookback. Given that there is no specification for Rokhaal, it means that we will soon see if Alban's word still holds weight now that the city is reclaimed."

◥◤◢◣◥◤◢◣◥◤◢◣◥◤◢◣ ◥◤◆◥◤◢◣◥◤◢◣◥◤◢◣◥◤◢◣ ◥◤

@RainAxe

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
    • Powerful Powerful x 1
    #4 Anseran, Oct 18, 2021
    Last edited: Oct 19, 2021
  5. Magivore

Magivore No Rest For The Wicked

A voice crept from the deep, resonating off of the webs of spiders and the ripples of algae-bloomed water deep within the darkest cisterns that the city had to offer. Little could be found but a pair of crimson eyes, and its cruel conqueror of an owner echoing through the shadows.

"The Rokhaal are one of the Vampires now," the Lich Lord declared (cruel be his word), and it was clear- they were not going down alone. "Their god; their maker; their purpose; all now are patronage to Sanguine, and it always will be. They no longer can play the imaginary game of being friendly little lap-dogs to people they would rather copulate than feed from. They, just as the rest, feast upon blood, thrive with their red gaze, and cannot live without another war to commit atrocities in. So unless the city plans on pretending that never happened and decide they want to welcome back the crimson-eyed into their halls, against all of their clueless logic, they should not be welcome."

Silence filled the corner of the world, a sign, perhaps, that the creature was finished speaking. But sending rodents scampering away, they spoke one final time.

"Go on. Let the Rokhaal within the city. You will see what happens, and like the last three tragedies I predicted true, one of which I wrought for the cleansing, it will come to fruition."

• Powerful Powerful x 8
  6. CloverOverDover

CloverOverDover sapphic, maffick, and graphic

It was on his way home that such a deranged, bitter message would find itself in the hands of a Twiceborn, taking a moment to glance through it. Then his eyes narrowed and he read through it again-- and again -- and again... The edges of the paper were crumbled with straining fingers as Adrian finally reached his lodgings, hissing as he seethed.

"Utter, wretched bitterness from an ill-tempered bastard of a man known as Harlow. Void, for the beasts to turn upon their own, it is utter madness and would be quite the delightful sight should it not have spilled over in my life. This is why we make backup plans..."

With these words, he stepped off and disappeared into his home that he had known for only a short time, beginning to pack what little he may for the coming trek. The mechanical dragons of the home whirred about, taking commands where they may make it much easier for the resentful man. Oh, how he had come to despise hiking in the span of a grueling couple of months.

• Agree Agree x 2
    #6 CloverOverDover, Oct 19, 2021
  7. river_essence

river_essence It's morbin' time.

Viatrix's icy blue gaze glanced over the parchment, clenching her jaw some as the words played in her mind.

"I come back, and now Cahal are illegal even in Crookback? Harlow, I swear.."

She crumpled the paper, placing it in her pocket as she stepped off to Estel knows where.

• Powerful Powerful x 1
  8. Rose

Rose

A leather boot stepped forward into a puddle, the smell from the port had faded into the usual scents of Regalia at present, construction, the removal of burned wood and material, the discovery and cleansing of void taint. The blue and white uniform of a Morbus Imperium medic was still noticeable in the shade of the alley as Abrielle made her way through it reading the posted notice she took from a wall.

"It seems Crookback could use aid in helping bring the afflicted to the grace of the Everwatcher, I should do what I can to help. Perhaps an extended trip is in order"

The Celate grasped the eye shaped pendant dangling from her neck before stepping forth and winding her way through the slowly repairing city in the direction of Crookback

• Powerful Powerful x 1
    #8 Rose, Oct 19, 2021