Regal Ck2 Mod

Discussion in 'Roleplay Discussion' started by Proudbucket, Oct 13, 2021.

1. Proudbucket

Proudbucket Custom title

Regal CK2 mod
    In this thread I'll post spoilers and updates of a CK total conversion mod.
    It aims to represent the archipelago in a faithful way and include a lot of the Massivecraft lore.

When are you releasing this?
    I'll release this on Christmas. I'll get this as polished as possible.

What are you aiming to include?

- The archipelago.
    - All races currently released.
    - All cultures currently released.
    - Existing characters.
    - Important historical characters.

Is my character going to be there?
    Only if you want to. I will eventually going to open a google pool where you can add data of your character.

How can I help?
    Moral support and encouragement always help a lot. Besides that you can help me gathering some data.

I plan to include families such as the Kades and the Howlesters but getting the data is time consuming.
    Useful data includes:
    - Name of a character
    - Its main-race / main-culture
    - Wiki or forum link
    - Estimated date of birth and death
    - Relationship (son/daughter of X)
    - Possible traits & education

Also, lists with village, churches, castle names are useful.
    I will add 2-6 holdings on each province and there are cultures (e.g. Anglians) that have a lot of provinces. I can generate names but I am afraid I will butcher many languages.You can contribute with a list of correctly sounding places. I got Spanish and English covered but data from all other languages is welcomed.

How to send data:
    If you contribute data, please make a pastebin and share the link. Do not use characters like ößç-ñøé'â.ź. Right now uncommon characters cause compatibility issues. Avoid real life references (e.g. church of St Paul) it is better to get made up names for locations.

Updates & Spoilers

In the official map, the archipelago has over one thousand provinces, several duchies and many "regions". There were also several entities that existed before the Regalian empire and that expanded over several regions.

I worked with the information I had, I filled the gaps as best as I could and divided the map in duchies
    [​IMG]

revaignates (kingdoms)
    [​IMG]

and empires
    [​IMG]

Those are the de-jure regions. In the bookmark date (310 AC) only the Regalian empire exists. You can still try to gain your independence and resurrect one of those forgotten empires.

October 13
    [​IMG]
    The map is implemented and it loads well. A bookmark has been added that allows you to play at 310 AC. Cultures have been implemented, characters can be linked to the forum or to the wiki and all counties and duchies have flags. Unionism is there although I'll get to that in another post.

Emperor Alexander is there but all is a bit crude. He has no vassals, his family is very small and he just has a temporary titular level. His appearance might also change in the future. For now it uses south slavic gfx as they have decent beards and angular faces.

The Regalian empire has been implemented but, for the pic, I decided not to give it to Alexander. That way the different duchies can be seen. I also set Regalia under imperial government. It fits the concept of nobles in the council being very powerful.

• Winner Winner x 15
    • Immersive Immersive x 1
    #1 Proudbucket, Oct 13, 2021
    Last edited: Oct 14, 2021
  2. ElderShrub

ElderShrub The oldest of all shrubberies

Oh my socks someone did it. Congratulations! Long time player of CK2 myself so if anyone wants help CK2ing their character let me know.

3. KrakenLord01

KrakenLord01 That Guy

A mod like this is honestly a dream come true, it's really cool to see Regalia brought to CKII!

1. Will Great Works and Bloodlines be added to Regalia?
    2. With how often that ruling noble families can change, which generation of noble houses will be included for this mod?

4. CainsTedTalk

CainsTedTalk Desert Creatures go brrr

Societies for Knights and guilds and stuff

5. Proudbucket

Proudbucket Custom title

Great works, bloodlines and societies are great. However, I'll focus first on getting all the essentials and then, if I have time, I'll check that stuff.

My goal is to have the map updated to the situation at release time. Most likely the new nobles will be given existing duchies (as there is a lot of empty, NPC-filled regions). If monmarty radically changes the map I'll be in a world of pain.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Jonificus

Jonificus Pizza the Hutt

Hengest Harhold now.

7. KrakenLord01

KrakenLord01 That Guy

Will the Archipelago be one large dejure empire (Regalian Empire), or be split up into multiple dejure empires?

8. Greenie

Greenie As Useless As SupremeCripple's Legs

THANK GOD SOMEONE DID IT

now just make it ck3

9. MyCatBubbles

MyCatBubbles Massivecrafts Schizo

raided the breizh in europe now gonna be able to raid the breizh in aloria too

10. ContestedSnow

ContestedSnow Philippe du Langelier, Cavalièr de la Sang

I'm sure you're already aware but there's canon regalian archipelago maps that include county names that will probably be very helpful for this! Very cool project!

Also, its always an to look at name-lists from other mods for real life cultures that match up with the massive ones. I know that Historical Immersion Project includes a LOT of Occitan names, which is where I got quite a few Tolonne examples from for the Tolo culture page. Hope that helps! (:

11. MonMarty

MonMarty Thotdodger Staff Member Server Owner

Send me a test version sometime, I saw a screenshot. A bunch of the regions have names mis-spelled. I can send back a corrected list and also supply suggested rgb's for the regions.

12. Proudbucket

Proudbucket Custom title

The tool that is used to build the mod does not handle special characters well (e.g. ößç-ñøé'â.ź). Fixing this involves a crazy amount of work. I'll be frank, I don't expect to fix that issue soon or even by the release date.

I have not implemented good colors (yet) but I'll post the planned colors in the update today. I'll wait to implement the good colors until the new nobles arrive. I don't know if their arrival will change the map and I don't want to do the same work twice.

Wait me a bit while I write an update.

• Like Like x 1
  13. MonMarty

MonMarty Thotdodger Staff Member Server Owner

It has nothing to do with special letters, you mis-spelled for example the Duchy of Jonckheere as Tonkheer. There are more like it. I suspect it is because you misread some of the letters in the font that was used.

14. Proudbucket

Proudbucket Custom title

Oh I can really see myself making spelling mistakes while copying foreign language names.

Here is the provinceDef file
    that cktools uses to make the mod. If you have the time and energy you can quickly scan it and correct it, then I can rebuild the mod with a corrected copy. Alternatively, if you have an excel file with duchy and provinces names I can save you the work and I can fix all that myself.

I should add that I appreciate the corrections. Thanks @MonMarty

#14 Proudbucket, Oct 15, 2021
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2021
  15. Kleinfolk

Kleinfolk cool beans

Never played CK2, but this looks awesome so far! Can't wait to see how it develops.