The Torches Are Lit.

Discussion in 'Regalian Roleplay' started by Lizmun, Sep 18, 2021.

1. Lizmun

Lizmun yeah Staff Member Lore2

[First, there was but one poster that could only be found tacked to the Draga Ifrit statue within Crookback. Then, there were many others, pinned to public places of importance and visibility, the day after. They seemed to be in response to this decree.]
    ━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

Big_Torch_1_50.png

Itaal’s flame burns bright, fed by falsehood and lies, that flame is what will guide us to a brighter, Gleeful future.

It has come to my attention that Aq’uello, Thaumaturge and Beacon of Odella, has recently called out against my goddess' righteous cause, calling it blasphemous and heretical. It is his claim that my goddess’ goal for peace and order is ‘vile’, and that I am ‘manic’. I refute these falsehoods and similarly express pity for the Thaumaturge, for it is not cosmic truth he preaches, but rather, he follows at the heels of a liar and charlatan, one who would rather sow chaos through the spread of forbidden secrets and hateful misinformation.​

It is Itaal’s will, just as it is the will of all the Ordax, that the world be stripped free of chaos and disorder, that hate be battled, and that peace is finally achieved. It is in Her will and word that order be restored at all costs. Aq’uello claims that I am to dull the minds of the people so they may be controlled, but this does not paint the full scope of Itaal’s mission. Some sacrifices are necessary for the greater good, and in the ashes of the Falsehoods the void gods seed into the world a brighter future will be rebuilt.​

It is for this reason I will not cease in my crusade against the corruption and evil that is found between the pages of written text. It is not an uncommon practice, to burn the wheat field to battle Blight, with intention to replant a stronger and hardier crop once the ashes settle. All that is burnt will be replaced, in time, but the garden must be weeded first. More books of lies will be burnt and blasphemous scrolls reduced to naught but ashes so they may be rewritten in purity. Then, too, will the Gods of the Void be put to the pyre.​

In Itaal’s name I invoke Holy War against Odella, the Liar Mother and her Abyssal children; against Inth, the Hateful Worm; against Djjwa Ifirti, the Thousand Eyes; and finally against Seraan, the Whispering Oak. All will be uprooted and burned in Holy Flames, their names forgotten, and the world purified and made to be happy once more.​

In the same breath, I call upon the gardeners of Vol to assist in uprooting the Liar Gods, for they sprout whispering weeds that poison the future. I call upon the hunters of Lraach to slay the demons that whisper falsehoods and untruths among the masses, for they look to destroy the Gold Chaser before his hunt is concluded. Finally, I call upon those like me, warriors of the Faith and Ordax dedicated to Itaal’s will. Aq’uello and his Goddess of Falsehoods are our enemies; for he has lashed out first, blaspheming and denouncing the will of Itaal.​

I am the first of the Burning Palms, those who carry Itaal’s Holy Flame to scorch the wicked, and those that carry her torch to illuminate a brighter future. Find me, friend or foe, at the Fairgrounds. Those who come to assist my Goddess and her cause will be welcomed with open arms and a guiding hand, those who come to blaspheme will be put to the pyre.​

I will be waiting.​

Abigail Tucker
    Ord-Vaal of the Burning Palms
    Daughter of the Glee Arken
    Sachem of the Regalian Fairgrounds
    Cahalic Warrior of the Ordaxic Faith
    Carrier of Itaal’s Holy Flame
    [ OOC ]​
    Tags | @KrakenLord01 , @microwavemmm , @ElderShrub (All of you are majorly connected to the gods holy war has been declared on)

• Powerful Powerful x 11
    • Winner Winner x 5
    • Immersive Immersive x 3
    • Cuddles! Cuddles! x 1
  2. bwmwags3

bwmwags3 Refugee

In the words of the Avanthar and the cause of the warriors of Estel. (Transcribed for tbe author by a friend)

While the Avanthar do not enjoy the Cults of Evolution in many respects, we do respect their dedications to improving personal and familial genos. I speak as a follower of Estel of the earth which comprises her in all its glory untamed, free without /artificial/ order. Order falsified by beings that claim her light without regard to the children of her light that she gifted evolution, mutation, and adaption beyond supposed “normal”.

Once I prayed to the colossi but while I believe cahal capable of serving Estel. I believe the current Anti-state sachems lost from their paths, Abigail tucker in particular, dedicated to gods that would purge Shindar, Finullen, Avanthar, and all Nelfin who differ from their zealous view of perfection. I am a proud son of the Avanth Rokhaal but while it remains in the Allorn Empire. I remain dedicated to strengthening myself and this state in the name of Genos and his Imperial Holiness, and his Imperial Highness /alone/. I swear that these corrupt sachem must fall by
    the Avanthar Gods, the Strong Six, and The All Mother true order will be restored. We shall return petal court to pacifism overseen by the Yanar and Cieolthar once again and not Cahal.

By the axes this is sworn,
    Belthor

• Like Like x 2
  3. uwuMaple

uwuMaple arf :3

“.. She’s absolutely lost it.” a passing Nelfin halfling murmured as she took the notice from a board. “More fuel for a self-created fire. Thanks.” She continued onward, stuffing the missive into her bag as she continued her supply run, the beginnings of a future note being drawn out in her head as amber eyes darted about the street for passing patrols.

4. MidnightRey

MidnightRey Ruler of the Abyss

"What a fool..."

Ania Sagh, or better known to some as the Princess of Tech began to speak, but then pausing for a moment. Her attention being stolen by a certain tree that resided right in the middle of the Technocratic Collectives base... It was an impressive piece of work, being a living, yet leafless half-machine tree adorned with hundreds of hanging mechanical devices within them holding humanoid eyes of all different types. From it's dark barked heaved out groans, dark green sap spilling from within... With pumps moving within, visible through the knots and holes formed in the dark bark. She than rose a hand, and drones would go flying out of the Collectives base. Sending out multiple notices for all to see.. The Deprincess herself, overall seemed calm however. More or so making a small degree of sorts.

"Really, if she wants a Holy War and force our hands, than let's give her a Holy War... Let those of us who consider themselves followers or leaders among the Religions of the Gods or Goddess whom Abigail Tucker had challenged and threatened, form a temporary truce, or an alliance even possibly. In order to pin our forces against her, to allow whichever group manages to get to her first to choose her fate. And to finish, I send a warning Abigail Tucker to be aware and alert, for this unprovoked threat will not be left unanswered or punished..."
    "Pray that the Technocratic Collective aren't the ones who gets their hands on you first."
    @KrakenLord01 @ElderShrub @microwavemmm]
    @Lizmun]

#4 MidnightRey, Sep 18, 2021
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2021
  5. FutureTeller

FutureTeller Criminally mad with no batteries

Neidian the Envious looked over Abigail's notice.

They could read Common well enough to understand, and - it saddened them. They never got to attend any of her parties or gatherings, they never got to meet the intriguing people they briefly saw on the Fairgrounds.

Frowning faintly, the masked stranger carefully tucked their copy of the notice into their coat, after having drawn a small sadface on a corner of it. And then it was time to continue drifting on.~

• Cuddles! Cuddles! x 1
  6. BrammekeH

BrammekeH Local Bread Provider

The Fin’ullen’s eyes perused the poster before her in silent contemplation, her knuckles rapping against the metallic frame of her bulwark. A sigh soon escaped her; quietly lamenting at the words written before her.

“You just continue making my work more difficult.”

Luey’nnaeli muttered to none but the winds, which would carry away her message into the empty void of nothingness; heard by none but herself. Her gaze adjusted back to the Fairgrounds. For a moment, she pondered the idea of merely walking away before this mess unfolded itself further.

“Damnit, Tucker.”

Her steps once more carried her to the Fairgrounds, her shield clanking against the pavement in a hollow echo. Her duty was not yet finished.

7. GRIST_

GRIST_ The Antagonist Premium

Still different patrons Tucker.” Hessolis grumbled aiming to remove the single poster on the Draga Ifrit statue. Aiming to pin it to a near by notice board for the viewing of others.

@Lizmun

• Like Like x 1
  8. Lizehrd

Lizehrd Lizard and Chill

The Cahal looked at the posters with both indifference and quiet disdain at the declaration, scanning over the words, drinking deep of the weight of the notice, before sighing, crumpling up the missive and shoving it into his pocket, raising from his seat.

“Tucker, you fool. Was there never a word of patience in Itaal’s preach? This call to war is too soon, and we are too thinly spread as it is.”

The Shepherd sighed, looking skyward as his voice trailed off, soon instead rising to a single, piercing hollow across the rooftops of the city, lost to the sounds of the fray forming in the minds of mortal blood below.

“How much more must Nehret weep? Elder Spirit, teach me now how I must sing to teach them to see betwixt this war of wars!”

The pale-eyed Cahal let his eyes remain skyward, to the rising smoke and the shadow of Demetrius, before moving back through the city, both to and away from the Festival grounds. The work is only just beginning.

• Powerful Powerful x 1
  9. Lizmun

Lizmun yeah Staff Member Lore2

(( Hello! This is a reminder that no matter how 'secret' you say a response on this thread is, whether saying your character said it in the privacy of their own home or declared it when nobody was around, it can be taken IC and used as public knowledge! ))

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. ElderShrub

ElderShrub The oldest of all shrubberies

A slender hand gripped Ania Sagh’s shoulder as they stepped down from their stand. “I wouldn’t let it bother you too deeply.” They murmured; tone hushed but not so quiet as to not be overheard by others. “Her cleansing light will only cast yet longer shadows. Itaal works in the light of ignorance, and we in the shadows of hidden knowledge. Their burnings only make our secrets more precious. Still, it would be a shame to have something of genuine value lost to the fire. Let the Abyssals and Odella’s followers fight her more openly. We do our best work in the dark.”
    @MidnightRey

• Powerful Powerful x 1