Gisetirre Brecael

Discussion in 'Character Sheets' started by CyberMo01, Dec 17, 2020.

1. CyberMo01

CyberMo01 Not a Robot

edfe7202f57a831b72cf548f8c8bf3f9.png

✦[Pinterest | Theme]✦

GisetirreDevider.png

7e5b77015f6ac0be8030ab3fce36e22f.png

Full Name: Gisetirre Brecael
    Race: Ailor

Lineage: Woaden
    Culture: Breizh
    Preferred Weapon: Long Sword

GisetirreDevider.png
    4530dbc7a722d6745d201044deb4f0ba.png
    Total: 50

General Proficiencies

+7 Sword [+7 from General Points]
    +5 Shield [+5 from General Points]
    +2 One-hand Blunt Combat [+2 from General Points]

Preferred Weapon: Flail
    +3 Roguery [+3 from General Points]

Arts Proficiencies
    10 Free Points

+5 Horticulture Art [+5 from Hobby Points]
    +3 Hunting Art [+3 from Hobby Points]
    +2 Thread Art [+2 from Hobby Points Points]
    +3 Instrument Art [+3 from General Points]

Instrument: Lute
    Magical
    +9 Sorcery [+9 from General Points]
    Source: Exist
    Dueling Brand I
    Astral Being I
    Spirit Familiar I
    +3 Arcanology
    Pack: Artifact Knowledge

Used
    32/50

Special
    Woaden Ailor Boosts: Gisetirre has some skills she inherited from her heritage as a Woaden Ailor. A list of them can be found below.
    Hunt Sense 1
    Wall Climb 4
    Nature Gift 1
    Roguery:
    Honed Skill 4

Body
    Physical Stat: 19
    Body Shape: Muscular
    Body Fat: Built

Languages

Picaron
    Native Language | Illiterate

Common
    Fluent | Semi-literate

GisetirreDevider.png
    ec4f4f80a866907e186fd34644dad2c4.png
    Eye Color: Blue
    Hair Color: Black
    Hairstyle: Short
    Skin Color: Pale
    Clothing: Simple tunics and trousers
    Height: 5’9”

GisetirreDevider.png
    8f6d31ba49cf784ea8a31c4a11e8ea18.png

The Basics
    Alignment [Chaotic Good]
    ✦ Gisetirre believes in acting with dignity alongside fighting for honor and all that she sees as right in the world. Even so, she does not support the law and believes in personal freedom rather than tradition. The knight thinks that, currently, both the law and many customs cause needless suffering, and therefore should be done away with. It should be noted, though, that she accepts her knightly code. She considers her decision to follow it a choice, rather than something that was forced onto her.
    Personality Type [ENTP-T, The Debater]
    ✦ Gisetirre falls into the realm of the debater personality, and as such can be considered extroverted, intuitive, thinking, prospecting, and turbulent. Despite being an extrovert, the Breizh happens to be more reserved and closed off, especially those she’s just met. Even so, her more creative and original, yet argumentative and distrusting sides are still known to shine through. She is often quick to toss out ideas to those around her when things lull, but at the same time, she can seem easily bored of anything but whimsical and debatable topics.
    Religion:
    Unionism [5/10]
    Sect: Ængel
    Patron: God-Empress Elia

[How would your character express Happiness and Contentedness?]
    ✦ Happiness is considered something private by Gisetirre. She rarely, if ever, shows true joy in public, instead resorting to more restrained expressions of contentedness. In private, though, Gisetirre will truly let her happiness shine. She can often be found getting into light-hearted debates, and may even show her more fanciful side, two aspects of her personality that she tries to restrain in public.
    [How would your character respond to experiencing Fear?]
    ✦ The feeling of fear often makes Gisetirre wish to be small and invisible. As such, she often does her best to make that a reality when this sensation arises. The Breizh can usually be found trying to make herself as unnoticeable as possible when afraid by attempting to blend in. This can sometimes include pressing herself against walls and corners, and other times by removing things on her person that she thinks make her stand out. In more severe cases of fear, though, Giseterrie often resorts to violence. She will try to do what she can to escape her fear, no matter if it’s with a sword, fists, or even her teeth.
    [How would your character respond to experiencing Stress?]
    ✦A stressed Gisetirre can often be described as pessimistic and argumentative. When under feelings of duress, the Ailor is known to have a doom and gloom view of the world. She is also known to become full of debate, often questioning things to an excessive extent and trying to pull those around her into some form of argument.
    [How does your character view Law and Authorities?]
    ✦ Overall, Gisetirre is distrusting of the law and its enforcers. She sees it as a hindrance to the greater good, considering how its rules and regulations get in the way of her orders mission. She also thinks that it can be a threat to good people, and often harms those who do not deserve it, namely those of aberrant abilities.
    [How does your character feel about Races other than their own?]
    ✦ The Ailor are the supreme race to Gisetirre, but this does not mean that she is entirely intolerant of the other races of the world. There are some, namely those who fall into the realm of Humanum, that she is more tolerant of. Even so, she still does not see them as her equal. Otherwise, she will work with those of non-humanum blood when called for, but the knight will treat them as she sees them; either as children who need to be led onto the right path or as outright abominations.
    [How does your character feel about Religion for themselves and other faiths?]
    ✦ Religion is a tricky thing for Gisetirre. She was raised to worship both Unionism and the angels, but as time passes she has found herself believing in Unionism less. Instead, she has come to see the angels as gods in their own right; as beings largely separate from Unionist Doctrine. When it comes to the other faiths of the world, Gisetirre is fairly open to them, at least outwardly. While she believes some faiths are lesser, these thoughts are largely kept to herself.
    [How does your character feel about the Arcane and Magical in the world?]
    ✦ Gisetirre is fairly open to the arcane and magical elements of the world. This is because she sees magic, specifically artifacts, as useful tools to defend the world from terrors. It is not uncommon to find the Breizh advocating for better treatment of aberrants, but often with the caveat that the arcane should be used as a tool for the betterment of the Regalian Empire.
    [How does your character feel towards their family?]
    ✦ Gisetirre has strong feelings of loyalty towards her family. Even so, she is much closer to her grandparents, who played a large part in raising her, than her actual parents. This is largely due to many past disagreements between Gisetirre, her mother, and her father. These disputes mostly stemmed from actions taken during Gisetirre’s childhood that she took offense to. Even so, after becoming a Fae Knight like her parents, Gisetirre has come to understand and even forgive some of the actions that they took.
    [What is your character the proudest of about themselves?]
    ✦ Gisetirre is the proudest of her status as a Fae Knight. She is honored to be one of the few Wards of Fae out in the world, as she believes that her orders actions will help the Regalian Empire endure for a long time. While her order may not be appreciated by the public at large, she believes that a day will come where the artifacts gathered and protected by the Wards of Fae will prove to be invaluable.
    [What motivates your character to move forward and better their life?]
    ✦ Gisetirre wishes to see the world change, and as such, that is what motivates her the most. She wishes to see the world made into a better place, at least in her eyes; a place, at the minimum, where aberrants are accepted and not ridiculed. After so long spent living in the shadows, though, she also considers her newfound freedom, and her want to keep it, as motivation to keep moving forward.
    [What is your character's biggest insecurity?]
    Her Upbringing: Being raised in a family-oriented culture, Gisetirre is rather uncomfortable with her upbringing. She knows that her family situation was odd or even wrong by Breizh standards, and often wonders what her childhood would have been like if her parents were more present. She also feels that she has missed out on something because of their absence, and is therefore lacking in some way.
    Attracting Attention: After so many years of trying to avoid attention, Gisetirre is not comfortable with being the center of it. She is used to living a largely private life, and as such, usually feels insecure about drawing the attention of others. She often worries that she will draw the wrong sort of attention; some of a sort that is unwanted and unable to be handled by the knight.
    [What is your character's biggest fear?]
    Losing It All: Since the weakening of the Azure Order, Gisetirre has gained quite a bit; the ability to live without fear is the largest of these things. As such, she often fears losing this. She knows that the Azure Order is still present, at least to some extent, and fears what could happen if they gain power once again.

GisetirreDevider.png
    b483d4767370f2d15726d3da0ddf6cd7.png

TBA

GisetirreDevider.png
    444c1e63245ddc890524d4cfb5d332d6.png

Birth
    [Infant]
    ✦ Gisetirre Brechael came into the world on September 17, 281 A.C in the land of Kintyr.

Childhood
    [1-12]
    ✦ Shortly after her birth, she was left in the care of her grandparents. This was because her parents were unmarried and uninterested in settling down, in part due to their mission as Wards of Fae.
    ✦ The early years of Gisetirre’s life were fairly uneventful. She could often be found playing out in the fields around her rural home, or on her grandfather's knee listening to and learning the legends of her people.
    ✦ At the age of 7, the young Ailor was given the option of being sent off to the Prime Sepulchre in Carentot. Having so far grown up on the stories of knights, particularly the Wards of Fae, the young girl happily accepted.
    ✦ Gisetirre soon found that the order was not much like the stories she had heard, but still, she remained. She spent the rest of her childhood in service to a mentor, who she served in exchange for basic lessons in knightly things.
    ✦ At the age of ten, the young girl started to learn sorcery.

Adolescence
    [13-17]
    ✦ At the age of 14, Gisetirre became a squire in the Wards of Fae. She started to put her earlier lessons to use and could be found guarding various Fae Sepulchres alongside her mentor, or assisting her mentor in other ways.
    ✦ She also had her first taste of combat around the age of 16, though not in a serious form. Her mentor started bringing her to spars with other knight and squire pairs, where Gisetirre would cast spells while her mentor fought, only to switch places with them halfway through.

Adulthood
    [18-Present]
    ✦ The early part of Gisetirre’s adult life, from 18 to 21, was spent finishing her tutelage as a squire. It was here that she first saw real combat, developed her sorcery, and experienced some of the threats to her order first hand.
    ✦ At the age of 21, Gisetirre graduated to the rank of Man-At-Arms and set off to claim artifacts for the Wards of Fae.
    ✦ The few years she spent doing this was rather hectic, and full of false leads, close encounters, and other such troubles.
    ✦ Around the age of 25, Gisetirre decided to take a break from hunting artifacts and was assigned to defend a sepulchre.
    ✦ After two years guarding the sepulchre, news of the weakening of the Azure Order reached Gisetirre’s ears.
    ✦ Disbelieving the news at first, the knight eventually discovered that it was true. She soon requested to be released from her post to take up artifact hunting once more. Her request was granted, and not long after she found herself being led to Regalia with the hope of claiming an artifact or two for her order.

Regalia Shenanigans
    [308 A.C]
    ✦ Gisetirre arrived in Regalia in December of this year.
    ✦ Not long after arriving, she began to involve herself in knight business.

[309 A.C]
    ✦ In February of this year, Gisetirre participated in a knight mission to rid a village in Tigrunn of vampires. While she helped the knights reach the castle where the infected where, she was left in the village during the final battle against the vampires.
    ✦ Not long after, in early March, she helped successfully defend the Regalian Sepulchre from a Kathar attack.
    ✦ A few months after the March raid, Gisetirre received news that her grandfather was ill. She returned home to be by his side, and remained there until his recovery in July.
    ✦ She then returned to Regalia later that same month.

• Winner Winner x 1
    #1 CyberMo01, Dec 17, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 17, 2021
  2. Athelois

Athelois visceral bitch

@CyberMo01
    Claimed for review.
    I see nothing wrong with the app; you're approved!

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  3. CyberMo01

CyberMo01 Not a Robot

@Athelois Gisetirre has been updated to reflect the sorcery update. Changes have been made in teal.

4. CyberMo01

CyberMo01 Not a Robot

@Athelois Gisetirre has been updated in regards to the proficiency update!

Also, I am going to make a little note here. While I was updating Gisetirre tonight, it came to my attention that she did not have Artifact Knowledge when she should have. It somehow slipped past me when I did her proficiency points, and I have been playing her with that knowledge without the proper proficiencies. I have made the proper change, and I sincerely apologize if anyone thought I was metagaming.

5. CyberMo01

CyberMo01 Not a Robot

6. CyberMo01

CyberMo01 Not a Robot

I give this another gentle bump.

7. Antimreoir

Antimreoir Refugee

Hello! I will be taking this application for review going forward, please tag me regarding changes or edits. @CyberMo01.

For now, this is reapproved. Apologies for the delay.

8. CyberMo01

CyberMo01 Not a Robot

I made some updates to Gisetirre to bring her in line with current lore, but I lost my approved tag in the process. I also need a new reviewer since my old one is no longer staff. Nothing major was changed, just some updates and edits to her life story and personality, and a change in her body fat.

9. FireFan96

FireFan96 Ever present, Ever seeing Staff Member Lore2

Claiming for re-review

10. FireFan96

@CyberMo01 my review:
    • Add that Honed Skill 4 came from Roguery.
    • Physical Stat = 7 Sword + 5 Shield + 2 One-hand Blunt + 5 Horticulture = 19
    • Angel Worship is the Ængel Sect of Unionism, so you can have Unionism as a 7/10 faithfulness because it's just additional beliefs.
    • Enjoy changing every instance of "Fey" to "Fae" in the life story :D
    That's about all that I noticed through the re-review. Make these changes and tag be for re-approval.

11. CyberMo01

CyberMo01 Not a Robot

I do have one question about the changes you want. The Breizh page mentions that they used to see the angels as holy beings that where not Unionist before they accepted Unionism, which is why I have two separate religions listed. Is this outdated lore, with the Unionism update? If not, I would like to keep the two separate, if possible, since my intention was to play Gisetirre as someone who worships the angels without their tie into Unionism.

12. FireFan96

Partially outdated, but Angels have gone from a cultural folk religion into being Unionized. Most of Kintyr is Dogmatic Unionists with the AEngel sect.

13. CyberMo01

CyberMo01 Not a Robot

@FireFan96 Ty for your answer! Changes have been made in teal.

14. FireFan96