Daedrin Saiiel

Discussion in 'Character Sheets' started by Kyriosus, Aug 18, 2020.

1. Kyriosus

Kyriosus yes

[​IMG]
    ◢▆█▆██◢✦◣██▆█▆◣
    [​IMG]

◢▆█▆██▆██▆█▆▆█▆██◣✦◢██▆█▆▆█▆██▆██▆█▆◣

╔══════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

[​IMG]

╚══════════════════════════════════════════════════╝[​IMG]

█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
    Hey! Come to learn about me, did you?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█

The Basics || Simple stuff, right? ⫸⫸
    • Name ⫸ Daedrin Saiiel
      • Day ◦ Eh ◦ Drin, Sah ◦ Ee ◦ Ell
    • Race ⫸ Cielothar
      • Exiled. || They're a bunch of idiots. 'Estel this, 'Estel that.' I can't stand it.
    • Familiar ⫸ Silat Wolf || We've been together forever. Until I choke over an die, it's going to stay that way.
    • Age ⫸ 39
    • Gender ⫸ Male
    • Sexuality ⫸ Heterosexual
    • Weapons Himself
    Skills || Who, me? I'm harmless. ⫸⫸
    • Proficiencies 45/50 Core + 10/10 Hobby
      • Core || I'm not a tough guy. I mean, look at me. What did you expect?
        • Fist | 6 Core
        • Spear | 5 Core
        • Warlash | 5 Core
      • Hobby || These here? The only things from my childhood I'll let stay. Everything else can fuck off.
        • Hunting | 5 Hobby
        • Pathfinding | 5 Hobby
        • Husbandry | 5 Core + 5 Boost
      • Sorcery ⫸ Void Aligned || I just... like messing with Void stuff. Stop asking me.
        • Element Control 4 | 3 Core
        • Element Control 5 | 3 Core
        • Element Brand 2 | 3 Core
        • True Path 1 | 3 Core
        • Power Curse 3 | 3 Core
      • Roguery || Did you ask if I have sticky fingers? -- No, I don't do that anymore.
        • Sleight of Hand Pack | 3 Core
        • Rogue Gift 1 | 3 Core
      • Language || I spent too much time around Kathar. Maybe that's why I'm so incredibly cocky.
        • Main Kathar Language | 3 Core
    Physical || Stay at least an arms-length away from me at all times. ⫸⫸
    • Physical Stat ⫸ 15 || See? I'm harmless. -- And /way/ too light. I've gotten tossed too many times.
      • Cap | 15
      • Calculation | 6 + 5 + 5 + 2.5
      • Body Shape | Athletic
      • Body Fat | Low
    • Languages || Just about what you'd expect. Except for the Kathar. -- Hey, I was exiled, and we got along. Simple as.
      • Plains Elven | Inherited
      • Modern Elven | Inherited
      • Common | Learned
      • Kathar Elven | Learned
    Visual || Skinny and weak. That's me. -- /And/ fashionable. ⫸⫸
    • ♝ Eyes
      • Color | Pale Light Blue
    • ♝ Hair
      • Color | Black
      • Style | Short-cut and slightly messy in the front
    • ♝ Skin
      • Color | Tan
    • ♝ Clothing
      • Brown undershirt w/ purple and gold-rimmed half-coat over shoulders and upper body
      • Tight, simple purple leggings
      • Brown boots
      • Leather belt
      • Leather bracers covering forearms
    • ♝ Height
      • 6'2"
    Character Traits || What is this, a therapy session? ⫸⫸
    • Alignment || I wouldn't say that I'm a bad person-- if /anything/, what I do is for the good of everyone. They just don't understand.
      • Neutral Evil
    • Personality || I don't need to explain my personality. Come find out yourself, you coward.
      • Entrepreneur ESTP-T
    • Religion || Void essences are powerful. And from what I can tell, /limitless/. Why wouldn't I use them?
    • Void Worship 8 / 10
      [​IMG]
    ~ Life Story ~

-- [ 0 - 16 ] Daedrin was born, peacefully so, to two parents who went by the name Leyelan and Virriane. At 211 AC, this newborn child blossomed into being. And, in this new world, Daedrin’s first roots laid themselves not far off of Kathar territory: the Shadow Isles. But even despite this looming danger, many of their first few years were peaceful. They were caressed into the tightly-woven community of Cielothar, as well as their bound mission from day one: to care for the natural world, and restore the earthly balance that the Kathars’ Voidly tendencies so savagely tore apart. Raised as apart of a small community only slightly off Dread Empire borders, Daedrin would end up living a life that intertwined the boundaries of both Cielothar and Kathar. For a good many years, this remained constant, and life was filled with both a purpose and a desire for peace. But amidst such a back-and-forth lifestyle, one side was bound to tug a little harsher.

-- [16 - 17] On the last day of their 36th year, and after over two and a half decades of loss, acceptance, and renewal, Daedrin found themself as ready as ever to continue on with what everyone else in the community worked so hard towards: a peaceful forest. But as midnight struck and Kathar and Cielothar alike turned off their lights, a definite rush was heard in bushes nearby. Muffled voices, a clattering of metal, and a rotten smell loomed in the air. On that night, a squadron of Kathar came tearing through earth and leaf to, in one fell swoop, rid of what the Cielothar had been working for years on restoring. As the Caretakers of the Forest slept silently, the Void wormed itself through their grasp yet again. In a night of simple butchering, slaughtering, and silencing, everything Daedrin and their people had been working towards was wilted and tossed aside. Except for themself. A young Kathar woman had dragged herself along in the invaders’ skirmish, and Daedrin was the last one left to be skewered. The other Void Elves tossed her in to finish up what they’d started, and a simple “HAH! Come back when you’re done with it!” barked from one of them as they stomped loudly off. But with only a moment of her’s hesitation, Daedrin shoved her aside and ran for their life.

-- [17] Two days later, Daedrin ended up alone and shivering. And in a fit of grumpiness, it wasn’t long before the same Kathar woman came marching through the forest to finish the runaway Cielothar. As the two met face to face, the singular Wind Elf only awaited their death. They wished, truly, not to be apart of a place where their world had already been slaughtered. But even as they closed their eyes, it didn’t take long for them to realize that the Kathar had not, and would not, end their life. With a lowered shortsword, and a huff of disappointment, the Kathar simply shook their head at Daedrin. Speaking a few fated words, ones that Daedrin would always remember, she sneered. “Stop… /shivering/. You look pathetic.” In a gesture of misguided mercy, the Kathar had spared their life.

-- [17 - 32] Over the next decade and a half, Daedrin and the lone Kathar would continue to have confrontations. While the Cielothar slowly rebuilt and took into care what parts of the forest they could, the Kathar continued on with their life generally as normal. But as nefarius intrigue gripped at the woman’s mind, and equally so a life of lonesome tugged at Daedrin’s, conflict grew less prominent and tolerance slipped its way in. Time had made its mark for the both of them, and in a twisted turn of fate they eventually grew closer. Lystira, learned as the Kathar’s name, turned monthly visits into weekly, and slowly weekly visits into semi-daily. And in the lack of distance, woes were softly nudged away. The two talked often, sharing stories, experiences, adventures, and most importantly, feelings and culture. Daedrin, in all they’d ever known, gave to Lystira the wondrous times they’d spent with their old community. The friends, the values, and all of the beautiful things that their life used to offer. But with each day spent, the Void seeped more and more into Daedrin’s forest. Every unknowing step of Lystira’s wreathed destruction about what Daedrin latched on to uphold, and she fed chaos into the crevices of their mind. Sewing doubt into the very corners of Daedrin’s thoughts, they were robbed of their beliefs. But as those doubts came flowing into their consciousness, so did the calamity that happened to their people. Lystira… was the one who butchered their family.

-- [32] Slowly, Daedrin’s motives were etched with a paralyzing chill. In a harrowing realization, they soon knew that even the forest they’d spent their life in, that nature itself, was overrun not by order and beauty, but unrelenting, destructive chaos. And to sow those seeds of chaos, the first step made itself very, very evident.

-- [33 - 34] With a fresh addition to decorate Kathar borders, a young, grey-skinned body donned the walls of the Shadow Isles, and a reborn Cielothar walked with a weight lifted from their shoulders, to the coast. And as they turned away from their previous home, the very forest under their feet groaned and cried as its life was sapped. Colorful flowers, green blades of grass, and the welcoming smell of earth wilted and turned rotten. With every step, Daedrin’s journey filled with a new sense. A wonderful aroma of chaos incarnate left in trail behind them, and they set their sights forward. Out of this wretched homeland, they decided to set sail for where opportunity struck them most. The Regalian Archipelago. A voyage was to be made.

-- [36 - 37 ] Daedrin set their first step onto the shores of Regalia. There, they would live out the rest of their life in chaotic opportune.

-- [37 - 38] Like every adventurer at the start of a journey, Daedrin was inspired to wreak chaos and havoc at every doorstep. Every path he walked, the Void followed, and for awhile he reveled in it. With each enemy he made, he felt a tinge of contentedness. And although his fingers were snapped and his arms were broken, he delighted in it. He delighted in his thievery, his quests for revenge, his escape attempts, and most of all the power he had been granted: the ability to spread the essence of the Void. But he grew wild and continued with his carelessness. The Arcanum, led by a bench-throwing Commander, became all too aware and aggressive in capturing him. With the enemies Daedrin had made, and only a single friend gained, he resorted to fleeing the city. Like a flash, he was gone.

[39] After many months spent in the outskirts of the city, travelling the forests, and even settling into a camp grown from the Void, the troublesome elf had returned to the city.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Powerful Powerful x 1
    #1 Kyriosus, Aug 18, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 9, 2021
  2. fantuinn

fantuinn most honest biped in athens Staff Member Lore2

Claimed for review.​

3. fantuinn

4. Kyriosus

Kyriosus yes

Changed two spells. "Who Needs Skill" couldn't be used on throwing knives, and "Overwhelming Force" didn't seem fitting. @fantuinn

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  5. Kyriosus

Kyriosus yes

#5 Kyriosus, Sep 18, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 18, 2020
  6. Kyriosus

Kyriosus yes

Bump since he's on the 5th page, and @fantuinn since I don't think the other edit went through.

7. fantuinn

8. Kyriosus

Kyriosus yes

Updated sorcery and core proficiencies, set for re-review.
    With the new ability list, I've pushed him into a mix of toying with people and defending himself after he's violently assaulted.
    Subject to change since I haven't played for awhile. Thanks!

9. Kyriosus

Kyriosus yes

10. Birdsfoot_Violet

Birdsfoot_Violet tacit and refined evil Staff Member Lore3

11. Kyriosus

Kyriosus yes

Updated proficiencies with the proficiency update. Basically, added more sorcery abilities as well as Vile Vine.
    @Birdsfoot_Violet

12. Mollymock

Mollymock Regalian Citizen

Claiming this app for review.

13. Mollymock

Tentatively approved. The number of abilities may be asked to be toned down at a later date.

14. Kyriosus

Kyriosus yes

@Mollymock tagging for re-review
    I've made a number of changes:
    • I cut his age down from 98 to 79. I felt he was a little too immature to be almost 100 years old.
    • Selected a new Familiar, Silat Wolf, after the ability to choose any animal was revoked.
    • Reallocated five core points into Husbandry.
    • Trimmed down the character sheet in general, removing some things.
    • Changed from Chaotic Evil to Neutral Evil. I both feel Chaotic Evil was a bit much, and he's mellowed out a tiny bit. Maybe.
    • Added a paragraph to his life story, detailing what has happened in Regalia so far.

15. Mollymock

Approved, although it may be an idea to make them younger than this if these are the vibes you want to go for. A 79 year old elf is still going to be as mature as a 79 year old human.

16. Kyriosus

Kyriosus yes

@Mollymock did aesthetic stuff
    Also, changed his age to 39 and lowered combat proficiencies slightly.

#16 Kyriosus, Aug 9, 2021
    Last edited: Aug 10, 2021
  17. Mollymock

Approved! Also, the aesthetics are pog.