Ithelion Melthalisine

Discussion in 'Character Sheets' started by yuomr/jason, Jul 31, 2021.

1. yuomr/jason

yuomr/jason Right Proper Bastard

Basic Information
    • Full Name: Ithelion Estis Melthalisine
    • Nickname: Ithel
    • Visual Age: Appears to be in early 20's
    • Race: Half-Fin'ullen/Half-Ailor (Fin'ullen Dominant)
    • Sexuality: Homosexual
    • Preferred Weapon: Magic
    Inventory
    Between 50R - 100R, a Random Book and a Blue and Black parasol that he keeps in his hands at all times (this is also a Conduit).

Core Concept: Ithelion is a half-elf raised in Regalia by his mother. His view of magic is that it is a weapon, tool, shield and armor, usable for all purposes. He has up till recently devoted his life to learning as much as he can about the direct use of magic. Now he is entirely loyal to House Viduggla as an arcane guardian to their home and family.

Proficiencies

• Strength: 0
    • Constitution: 0
    • Wisdom: 4 (Teslatech)
      • Affliction Wisdom Pack
      • Dimenthist Wisdom Pack
      • Medical Pack
      • Barricade Pack
    • Dexterity: 0
    • Magic: 7 (Exist) [Storm Aesthetic]
      • Displacing
      • Casting
      • Enchanting
      • Breaking
      • Materialism
      • Alteration
      • Disruption
    • Charisma: 3
      • Empire Linguist Pack
      • Ancient Speech Pack
      • State Dignitary Pack
    Abilities:
    Greater Mage:
    • Displacing
    • Casting
    • Breaking
    Spell Point Specials:
    1. Spark Element
    2. Water Element
    3. Wind Element
    4. Surfwalking
    5. Airwalking
    6. Sparkwalking
    7. Armor Cleanse
    8. Dressage Cleanse
    9. Time Cleanse
    10. Health Call
    11. Arcane Mastery
    12. Chain Break
    13. Prison Break
    14. Scan Sight
    15. Pocket Scan
    16. Rune Smithing
    17. Heat Immune
    18. Cold Immune
    19. Lightning Immune
    20. Evil Tongues
    21. Self Control
    Artificer Specials:
    1. Medical Patent
    2. Common Patent
    3. Foam-mix Patent
    4. Berserk Patent

Languages
    • Common (Free)
    • Altalar (Native)

Appearance Information
    • Ithelion has no sort of mutations, though he is albino (Hence the constant parasol).
    • Ithelion is a pale, typically stoic, half-elf. Though he is a bit slim with an almost weak figure despite his Fin'ullen heritage. His natural hair color is white, though he dyes it varying shades of blonde. His eyes are a peculiar shade of pink. He is often surrounded by occasional arcs of electricity that surge over himself from time to time, though he typically is able to and does suppress this effect in public spaces and formal occasions.
    Magic Force: Commonly takes on the effect that whenever Ithelion strikes an enemy in melee combat with a weapon, said strike is quickly followed by a clap of thunder and/or a surge of lightning which then does the real damage of his attack. When otherwise unarmed it takes the form of short-range bursts of electricity.

Behavior: Ithelion has a rather neutral and refined attitude toward most things if not everything. He has a high devotion toward learning and maintaining his knowledge of magic and arcane matters. He is heavily reliant on his mage craft, even using it to perform a majority of mundane tasks throughout the day. His sole loyalty is to House Viduggla as their Vergav-magi and by extension the Regalian Empire; but primarily House Viduggla, and as such generally can be found nearby wherever such individuals may be found or perhaps loitering about the Viduggla Estate. He has a fondness for reading and writing, taking up these things in his down time as a way to pass the empty hours away.

• Flowers
    • Refined Art
    • Magic
    • Water and Sailing
    Dislikes
    • Brutes
    • Unnecessary Violence
    • Being interrupted while reading
    • Prolonged absence of nearby water (Oceans, Pools, Rivers, Canals, etc.)

Life Story
    • Ithelion was born from an Ailor father and a Fin'ullen mother in Regalia.
    • He spent a vast majority of his time at home with his mother where she taught him about culture, history and the arts of sailing.
    • Ithelion grew up with an odd deep seeded interest in magic, as such he spent much time learning it.

Ithelion grew up in Regalia with his mother, father having passed away in battle. He was born with a natural magespark and was constantly surrounded by arcs of electricity which made caring for him at a young age to be a bit of a challenge. Though personality wise he was quite gentle, he spent much of his early youth at home reading and learning the basics of magic on his own. Tales of storms tearing down ships was something he seemed intrigued by. He was raised to be polite yet firm, speak with purpose and always be presentable. Though his mother found it hard to accept his love of the arcane that he himself took to so readily, he at least did seem to still retain an interest in sailing.

Ithelion's mother was a strong and militant woman that served in the Regalian Navy. Ithel took a liking to writing and reading, spending a lot of time out in the park reading books when he wasn't practicing and studying magic. Being that he lives in Regalia and as such is surrounded by Unionism, he has adopted this faith. Though he is not the most pious person, he is a Unionist none the less. Unlike most Fin'ullen, Ithelion did not take on a strong and or muscular appearance. Perhaps this was due to his sedentary lifestyle, perhaps his half-blooded origins, or maybe it was a mix of the two. Though regardless, he still made do with what he had.

Ithelion had moved away from his mother and was now setting out in the city to practice what he knew already and to expand that knowledge by seeking mentors in older mages. His familiar; a Smaan Gull, kept him company during this time in a way so he wasn't exactly alone during his long hours of study. He spent time working in libraries, making some semblance of money during this time, but nothing all too fancy. Though he made money it didn't stretch far due to his expensive tastes that he inherited from his mother. Fine clothes, fine meals and fine drinks were things he spent a lot on. He still spent all of his free time studying, after all it would be good to master something.

After a long time spent in the city, he had slowly amassed enough money to live at least decently comfortably, it was nothing like a noble's estate, but for the common folk it was nice. In his time alone he had grown to be slightly paranoid, constantly looking about to ensure that nobody may be planning against him. However, he found that this was a terrible way to live so he set out to enter the city proper and start interacting with the actual population, no use wasting away inside all day. Doubting he has the capacity to be a noble, he seeks to leave his mark some other way. Though he is a mage of great capacity... Ithelion decided he will become a Court Mage and make that the start of his legacy. And so he did, establishing himself as the Viduggla Court Mage. Now these days without the position of a Court Mage being an official thing, he simply serves as their Vergav-Magi, arcane guardian.

• Winner Winner x 1
    #1 yuomr/jason, Jul 31, 2021
    Last edited: Oct 19, 2022
  2. Antimreoir

Antimreoir Refugee

@yuomr/jason I'll be picking this application for review. That being said, everything looks adequate here, approved.

3. yuomr/jason

@Antimreoir I swapped around some proficiencies and replaced ones I wasn't really using. Is my app still good?

4. yuomr/jason

It would seem I need a new reviewer. Aside from that, to note the changes made was a swap around where I removed Medical Training and traded it for other proficiencies.

#4 yuomr/jason, Sep 5, 2021
    Last edited: Sep 5, 2021
  5. Caelamus

Caelamus Sir Honeybear the chronic druid main Supremium

Hello! I'll be claiming this for review.

6. Caelamus

Right off the bat this character is incredibly ability stacked. Remove the following spells and invest the newfound points elsewhere in arts to help flesh the character out more.
    -Wall Climb 3
    -Magic Bolt 1
    -Cursing Light 1
    -Power Curse 3

Wall Climb is more of an escape mechanic which you have Conning Alchemy for. Magic Bolt 1 overlaps with Volatile Alchemy. Cursing Light doesn't make sense for an Exist sorcerer at all. Power Curse 3 can be exchanged for an aesthetic spell.

After review of the abilities maybe you should consider what the theme of this character's sorcery actually is because it seems all over the place and doesn't fall in line with any pillar. There's nothing consistent about it. I would recommend a more light based approach and removing alchemy.
    What I would recommend;
    Magic Bolt 1 (Shard of Light)
    Magic Sight 2 (Read it's description.)
    Element Control 7 (Shimmering Shield of Light)
    Glitter Control 1
    Lightmend 1
    Lightmend 2
    Lightmend 3
    Casting Light 1

7. yuomr/jason

I don't wish to argue just to clarify, instead my intention rn is to state my reasoning for these things and the theme since I guess it wasn't properly made clear. So that way everything is more precise since it can be hard to see intention based on a paper.

Okay so his theme is actually lightning/storm and it's been firmly established irp, I have the volatile alchemy so I can have 'progression alchemy' which requires you to have all four packs. I wouldn't mind trading off wall climb 3 and I can understand taking off cursing light definitely. (Though lately I've seen people using wall climb 3 for invasion/infiltration quite a lot, I've actually only seen it used once for escape, though I get what you're saying) He already had these powers previously when approved. I could just revert the app to it's previous approved version, the changes made were that I switched +10 Medical Training over to Wall Climb 3 (for the purpose of invasion), Light Mend 2 (because he had already been established as a healer in some manner irp) and Element Control 1 (almost exclusively for the ability to insta-dry because that's a cool aesthetic for a storm sorcerer to be unperturbed by rain). Since I didn't think it made sense for him to master sorcery, alchemy AND medical training.

If there is a way I can remove volatile alchemy and still get to have progression alchemy I would gladly do so if it means keeping my other abilities, I honestly don't actually use it. Same thing with Conning Alchemy really.

Though in the end I would prefer to keep the magic over the alchemy if it would be considered too much stacking. As this character was made with the intention of being a scholarly half-elf who has vigorously studied sorcery. I hope I didn't get too side tracked in this explanation of my reasons for what he has. But, yeah. This is what's up with the app. Sorry if this ends up sounding like I'm arguing with you I really don't mean for that to be it. I'm just trying to clarify his theme and such since it seems it wasn't clear.

8. yuomr/jason

9. Caelamus

+33 Sorcery & +12 Alchemy is still over the top for investment. You glossed over the main point of contention in the review in that you ideally shouldn't be stacking so many abilities. However there's room to allow it if you understand that since the character has 0 body stat that they cannot perform any physical activities and it's plausible for them to get one tapped in CRP if a more combative aligned character hits them.

10. yuomr/jason

I fully accept and understand that he wouldn't be capable of withstanding a heavy strike from most if not all trained fighters and that he would be rather weak in terms of any manual labor. He is meant to be somewhat overly reliant on his magic in my eyes.

@Caelamus

#10 yuomr/jason, Sep 16, 2021
    Last edited: Sep 16, 2021
  11. Caelamus

Approved with following stipulations.
    -Imposed 0 Bodystat Limit.
    -Cannot harm other characters through physical touch or throw objects at them with enough force to hurt them. All harmful effects must be done through abilities.
    -Character is incredibly physically weak and any melee attack on them would count as two attacks performed.

12. yuomr/jason

@Caelamus Updated app due to proficiency shifts from the magic update, I think I did it right, but please let me know if I made a mistake.

13. Caelamus

Remove healing alchemy and volatile alchemy. The concern came up in my mind that if the character was ever shot with puretek in a CRP situation and it disabled their magical ability, they would just start defaulting to their alchemy which can produce much the same effect and I don't think that is kosher. Just stick to magical things. Common and Conning are fine though.

14. yuomr/jason

@Caelamus My primary intention with alchemy was for additional rp opportunities. How ever I fully understand your meaning and find this quite fair. I'll just return to the original idea of a heavy dependence on magic and leave the alchemy opportunities for characters who are more centered on it. I hope the edits I made are fitting and acceptable. (I also added in the progression talent section, I forgot to to do that part earlier, hopefully I did it right)

#14 yuomr/jason, Nov 10, 2021
    Last edited: Nov 10, 2021
  15. Caelamus

If you want to re-add it at some point common alchemy is fine and opens the door for that venue of roleplay if you want it. I applied the same restrictions to myself when I made a recent support sorcerer. Approved never the less though.

16. Acosmism

Acosmism Sugar Parental Unit

Re-approved

17. yuomr/jason

@Acosmism Now that I've played with the new changes a bit, I have altered the character sheet some more to fit the way I think I will enjoy playing this character. Is everything still good to go?

• Like Like x 1