Caedmon Hiddric Moddagni Sùdrach

Discussion in 'Character Sheets' started by Hell0There, Jan 24, 2021.

1. Hell0There

Hell0There

⊱ ──────⋞✾༻⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽❁☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅༺✾⋟ ──────

[​IMG]

I'm currently unable to find a photo that I like, though I'll be sure to find one soon!

[​IMG]

Full Name: Caedmon Hiddric Moddagni Sùdrach

Race: Highlander-Anglian Ailor, Bolven Lineage

Preferred Weapon: Danish Axe

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Total Points: 50 Core + 10 Hobby (3 Unused)

Combat Proficiency

+12 Two Handed Blunt Combat (Core)

Point-buy

+6 Sorcery (+6 Core)
    +3
    Arcanology (+3 Core)
    +3
    Linguistic (+3 Core)
    +3
    Schooling [Regalian Ecological Academy for Medical] (+3 Core)

Talent Proficiencies

+10 Strength Training (Core + Racial)
    +5
    Bodycare Training (Core)
    +10

Medical Science
    (+10 Core)

Hobby Proficiencies

+7 Gardening Art (+7 Hobby)
    +3 Horticultural Art (+3 Hobby)

Body Shape

12 + 10 + 2.5 + 3.5 + 1.5 = 30

Body Shape: Strongman

Body Fat: Average

Languages

Ænglisc (Taught by Father)
    Common (Taught by Parents)

Plains Altalar (Taught by his best friends)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Hardy Constitution [Racial Passive]
    The Bolven Ailor gain 10 Physical Stat by default, simply for being Bolven. Additionally, their racial height maximum is 7 feet and 5 inches, instead of the cultural height limit imposed by the other Ailor height limits.

Versatile Instict [Racial Spell]
    The Bolven Ailor can change their Body Shape at will, depending on their levels of adrenaline. For example, when they are in survival mode, their physical prowess increases and their musculature grows to accommodate their need (this is however mostly just aesthetic).

Hidden Stature [Racial Spell]
    The Bolven Ailor can change their height from their natural height downwards, or back to their natural height at will. The shortest they can appear as is 4 feet and 5 inches. This happens near instantly, but does not change the clothes along with them, while Physical Stat stays consistent regardless of height.

Curing Knowledge
    The Character has an in-depth understanding of Vampire and Werebeast curing, able to acquire the materials for the curing and apply it in person. There is a limitation to this pack however. In order to choose this specific Knowledge pack, the Character must have 10 Medical Training Proficiency, otherwise they are not allowed to choose it.

Light Mend II [Magic Spell]
    While within Direct Touch, the user can heal wounds on a target through a Magic Spell that counts as a Immobile Channel, using healing light. Surface tissue wounds like cuts and bruises can be fixed within 30 seconds of continued channeling with the target standing still, while deeper cuts and gashes take up to two minutes. Greater wounds like internal damage or severe bleeding require the target to be laying down, with the user healing deeper wounds over the timespan of 15 minutes. This Ability cannot be used on self.

I don't have an additional spell picked out yet but I will later on!

Strength Training
    Great Force 1 [Constant Passive]
    If at any point within 7 blocks of the user heavy objects are falling (for example, a collapsing roof or beam, or a large boulder) the character can brace the falling objects and hold them up long enough for nearby others to escape or not be harmed, and also create an escape for themselves. This Ability cannot be used for any Combat advantage.

Gate Smash 1 [Trigger Passive]
    The Character can muster all their strength and smash through a metal or wooden gate or door that is locked or barred. This Ability does also work on cell gates in the Regalian Prison. This Ability can be used once per day. And produces a lot of noise, thus requiring the actual Ability usage to be done in announce emote (+h). Because of the size and bulkiness of the Character however, they are also permanently incapable of dodging or side-stepping any Mundane or Ability based Projectile attacks.

Bodycare Training
    Skin Purge I [Magic Spell]
    The user can toggle this Passive to remove choice or any and all scars, Mutations, tattoos or other blemishes that affect only their skin. Skin mutations may include pigments, scriptures, textures, but for example not horns, despite them being covered in skin and sticking out of the skull. Mutations stay gone forever, but scars may be caused to re-appear at will, and may also be removed again at will.

Medical Training
    Light Mend I [Magic Spell]
    While within Emote Distance of a target, the user can utilize healing light to heal only the damage from one single (Mundane) attack or harming Ability that was inflicted on the target (or self), as long as the target was harmed by that attack or Ability, or as a direct consequence of that Ability (for example being knocked off a wall by an Ability and breaking an arm). Any additional effects (or non-harm effects like debuffs) are not removed or mitigated. The damage must have been applied in the last 24 hours. This Ability can be used twice per 24 hours. This Ability can be used on self.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Eye Color: Emerald Green

Hair Color: Almost black, dark brown

Hair Style: Short on the sides, longer over the top and standing up naturally, lightly curling.

Skin Color: Normal

Clothing: Following much travelling, Caedmon has left his traditional clothing in his possessions yet he chooses to style himself smartly to Regalian standards. Despite his immense height, which he chooses not to hide.

Height: 7’3

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Option Two: The Core List

Character Alignment:

True Neutral

Caedmon sees the world in a neutral manner, while not blind to the evils of the world, he tries his best to uphold his own morals and see everything in a positive-ish manner.

Character Personality type:

The Campaigner

Caedmon loves to travel and encourages people to do the same. Taking care of people and things are his joy in life.

Character's Religion:

Old-God Worship (3/10)

Caedmon is interested in Old God worship, due to his father being a worshipper though he’s not particularly invested in it.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

0-15

Born from a Giantess mother, and an Anglian father. His mother, a sorcerer, met when his father, a traveller that came upon their tribe and decided to remain there. Having good relations with the chief, and his wife due to trade passing through the area. There, he met their daughter, Caedmon's mother and as such, That was how Caedmon came into life. Upon the laddie’s birth, Caedmon was given the name of his Grandfather, unlike traditional Ailor culture where the son takes on the father’s name. Though his father made sure his middle name was his own, and to teach him the Anglian language. His parents raised him to be a warrior though his heart wasn’t in it. At a young age, he took to caring towards nature and people. And thus, his want to help people blossomed, and he became quite skilled at helping the doctors there, as well as maintaining the gardens they had there. While maybe not amounting to much of a warrior in heart, he was definitely a fighter in what he believed in.

15-25

As he grew older, he kept up his training. While he was not a perfect warrior, he did his best to make it so he was still very skilled with his chosen weapon. Training with the best his tribe had to offer, even partaking in a few tournaments to please them. At around 23 years old Caedmon decided to leave his townie to go to visit Regalia, and a bit outside. He eventually decided to live a bit with the Ceilothar, finding their nature rather similar to his own though he did not attempt to hide his height and thus stuck out like a sore thumb. The community he was in, encouraging him not to hide himself and being very accepting in general. They taught him their language, and he in return did his best to teach them what he knew about taking care of flowers and such. He stayed there for a while, though similarly to before, he felt the need to travel. And thus, he did. Travelling more.

25-35

Arriving in the capitol, he decided there would be where he stayed for a while. And maybe share his passion for helping people. As well as tending to his flowers. All the while accumulating more knowledge about the world around him, and recently learning how to cure, thanks to his time as a medic for the guard. While on the outskirts of the city, he taught himself Bodycare, as to better help with muscle injuries and relaxation. While working as a medic he, under the tutelage of Lightness mage, learned a spell to aid him in his wish to help and heal those that need it. And thus changed his view on how magic could be used. Not just for destruction.

Recently, he has gotten himself more involved with the guard and noble families, getting himself known as a practitioner and helping where he can. Slowly but surely trying to improve the city completely and aid not only the rich in Regalia, but also those in Crookback. That being said, he finally decided to pass the exam to enter the Regalian Economic College and passed with little to no issue in his field.

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Cuddles! Cuddles! x 1
    #1 Hell0There, Jan 24, 2021
    Last edited: Jul 5, 2021
  2. Eronoc

Eronoc Fantasy Horselord

Claimed for Aspirant Review.

3. Eronoc

Eronoc Fantasy Horselord

Alright! So from what I can gather, Caedmon's father was Highlander and not Anglian. There should be some explanation as to why his father was able to teach him an Anglian language.
    I would also like you to expand the life story just a little bit, describing how he learned a few more of his proficiencies a just little more in-depth. Becoming a near-expert warrior and healer in the first fifteen years of his life doesn't quite strike me as plausible. Tag me when you've completed the edits in a bright colour of your choice.

4. Hell0There

Hell0There

@Eronoc I'm having some difficulty in understanding the lore, honestly. My general idea is his father after meeting his mother lived with the Highlanders, however he himself was a travelling Anglian. Though if that's not permitted that's fine and I can change it to where his grandfather was, thus his father transmitted the knowledge onto him. ^^

5. Eronoc

Eronoc Fantasy Horselord

@Hell0There Nope, that's perfectly fine! Just make a brief mention of that fact in your Life Story to explain the language acquisition. You might also consider putting "Highlander-Anglian Ailor" for race, though that's not necessary.

6. Hell0There

Hell0There

@Eronoc Thank you! The suggested chnages have been made in red. Tell me if anything else needs changing!

#6 Hell0There, Jan 28, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 29, 2021
  7. Eronoc

Eronoc Fantasy Horselord

• Immersive Immersive x 1
  8. Hell0There

Hell0There

@Eronoc Quick question for you. I only just thought about this, is heterochromea permitted? Also in which case, what colours would be permitted?

9. Eronoc

Eronoc Fantasy Horselord

Yes, it is permitted, within the normal Ailor (read, Human) range of eye colours.

10. Hell0There

Hell0There

@Eronoc Sorry to bother, I was wondering if I could remove a few points from Gardening and invest them into the curing knowledge pack. It'd be explained in rp how he did it. If I can't that's fine! Thank you and sorry for bothering you!

11. Hell0There

Hell0There

12. Hell0There

Hell0There

@Eronoc made some changes with proficiencies, as well as adding a knowledge pack for curing. Let me know how this is!

13. Eronoc

Eronoc Fantasy Horselord

@Hell0There Two things to note: Curing Knowledge is not a proficiency, but Arcanology is, and has a curing mechanic within it. Please change that investment to Arcanology, with a sub-bullet point of Curing Knowledge, and put Curing Knowledge into your abilities section.
    Also, you may only get racial boosts for one proficiency at a time. However, you have only invested 30 age points, so just swap one of the racial boosts to age points and you'll be all good.
    As a side note that I may have missed last time, please do not put a visual age as he has neither slowed aging, Elven aging, nor an affliction which freezes his aging. You could put in a Visual Information Expansion section that he has a "youthful face", but age is static unless in one of the above scenarios. The aging process is the counter to making a character older for a simple proficiency point increase.

14. Hell0There

Hell0There

@Eronoc the suggested changes have been made, either removed or are now in red. However, I was wondering about sorcery. Would it be feesable to invest 3 points into Sorcery, for a healing spell? If not that's fine. I have plans for this character anyways and this is allowing me to become more invested in medical roleplay which is my goal ^^. Thank you!

Ps: Congrats on Staff!

#14 Hell0There, Feb 12, 2021
    Last edited: Feb 12, 2021
  15. Eronoc

Eronoc Fantasy Horselord

@Hell0There Yes! Just be sure to briefly imply it in the Life Story, and make sure that the point allocation is all accounted for.

Also thank you!

16. Hell0There

Hell0There

@Eronoc I'll change it about at a later date, as I'm not sure right now as I hope to advance a little with Caedmon first before changing anything else.

17. Eronoc

Eronoc Fantasy Horselord

18. Hell0There

Hell0There

@Eronoc Hello again, sorry to bother. I've finally made the changes that I was going to make last week. I apologise about the sheet changes so much, this should be the last one for a while (assuming I don't realise something else is wrong or needs to be changed.)

List of changes made and why:
    - Removed +10 Strength training as I could invest the points somewhere else as the racial passive grants an innate +10 Physical stat.
    #Due do the removal, a bunch of changes were to existing proficiencies such as:
    -> added +1 to Gardening making it 10
    -> added +3 to Medical

- New proficiencies linked to the removed of Strength were also made.
    -> added +3 linguistics for Kathar Altalar
    -> added +3 Sorcery

Sorry to be a bother again, let me know if anything needs changing. Have a nice day!

#18 Hell0There, Feb 17, 2021
    Last edited: Feb 17, 2021
  19. Eronoc

Eronoc Fantasy Horselord

20. Hell0There

Hell0There

@Eronoc changes have been made to the sheet to accomodate the new mage/sorcerer update. That being said, not a lot has changed.
    Points altered:
    - One Age point removed from Gardening
    - One Age point added to Sorcery to allow for the use of Light Mend II (The replacement of Healing Grace)

Changes to backstory:
    - Added that his mother was a sorcerer (This was discussed ICly, however I didn't see a need to add it to the sheet until the re-work happened.)

I don't believe this requires re-approval but do correct me if I'm wrong ^^

#20 Hell0There, Feb 22, 2021
    Last edited: Feb 22, 2021
  21. Hell0There

Hell0There

@Eronoc

Some changes. I need to update abilities and I'll do that when I get home but the basis is this:

- Never used Kathar Altalar not once, therefor it voids nothing if I remove it. Not only that, it didn't make sense for me to keep it.
    - Increased medical from 13-15
    - Increased for one additional spell Lightness Sorcery
    - Added strength
    - downgraded Bodycare from 10 to 5

That's around everything. I'm aware I have 5 additional points but I'm keeping them for later on as I'm not sure what I'm doing with them yet. Thank you for reading, tell me if there's a problem ^^

22. Eronoc

Eronoc Fantasy Horselord

@Hell0There The only real issue is the body stat- rounding happens to the end product, not at each individual stage. So 0.5x5 is 2.5, and you add them up this way, rounding up at the end.

23. Hell0There

Hell0There

I don't ever remember doing it this way? I might be wrong but me and many people have always calculated it to be a round up from the number of the proficiency. Not on the overral total. I'll do it but it does seem rather strange as his old phys stat was fine.

PS: Increased Two handed prof to 12 as to allow him to keep that 30 body stat

Have a great day ^^

#23 Hell0There, Apr 22, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 22, 2021
  24. Eronoc

Eronoc Fantasy Horselord

Approved.

• Winner Winner x 1
  25. Hell0There

Hell0There

@Eronoc made some changes:
    • Minor backstory update to reflect what Caedmon has been doing.
    • Medical goes from 15 to 10. (As it has been shifted from the Science Category to the Special Training Category)
    • Added +3 Linguistics to reflect the time he's spent with his partner
    • Added +3 Schooling as he's now attended the Regalian School of Ecology
    Hope everything's alright!

#25 Hell0There, Jul 4, 2021
    Last edited: Jul 5, 2021
  26. HydraLana

HydraLana The Very Gay Walking Talking Lore Encyclopedia Staff Member Lore3

Ah yes, the good ol' totally not romantically attached best friend...I bet it's totally platonic ;>

On a different, more serious note:
    You cannot be currently attending a form of Schooling and claim the benefits of having graduated from it. You should instead nestle this in your character's background. Tag me once you have made a choice to keep it, or perhaps remove it to avoid this issue.

27. HydraLana

28. HydraLana

Application rejected.