What A Delightful Composition We Shall Make Together

Discussion in 'Server Events' started by Carlit0o, Jul 18, 2021.

1. Carlit0o

Carlit0o Partnered Streamer Pog

{-}{_}{-}{_}{-}{_}{-}{_}{-}{_}{-}{_}{-}{_}{-}{_}{-}{_}{-}{_}{-}{_}{-}{_}{-}
    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

[​IMG]
    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
    {-}{_}{-}{_}{-}{_}{-}{_}{-}{_}{-}{_}{-}{_}{-}{_}{-}{_}{-}{_}{-}{_}{-}{_}{-}

The rain eventually ceased upon Regalia come the following morning. The long yawn of musical mysteries drifting through the streets ceased come nightfall. Not a peep, nor melody to be heard as the paranoid night-life of Regalia took about to the streets and public causeways to discuss the music they had been hearing. Some found it disturbing, others found the music delightful.

Come the next day, the music continued again, not as predominant though, but still- the melody can be heard, alluring upon the drying cobbled streets of the morning in less busy avenues. The rain cleared, but the music remained. What were these melodies, some sort of ill omen? A few bards managed to piece together the rhythm.

Postings about it went around of an old nursery rhyme.

I've heard a tale,
    Of a fountain of hope.
    It's waters restore,
    What we have lost.
    Never have I,
    Looked for its grace.

{-}{_}{-}

Please, sir Death,
    Wait, to reap me.
    Spare me, spare me,
    Thy ode of demise,
    He, prepares his song.

{-}{_}{-}

I grow old, and cold, cold hands,
    Grasp and claw at my being.
    Please sir Death,
    Wait, to reap me.
    Harbinger of all,
    He waits for his yield.

{-}{_}{-}

This fountain of hope,
    May it grace me with youth.
    He conducts,
    As his agents do play,
    His, foul, ode.

{-}{_}{-}

I search, and search,
    And have yet, to find it.
    The Fountain of Life.
    May its waters, grace me.
    I grow older, still.
    These cold, cold, hands.

{-}{_}{-}

He has yet to show mercy,
    My soul is an ember,
    For him to snuffle out.
    I search beyond,
    To the edges of time,
    There do I find a strange spire.

{-}{_}{-}

Please, sir Death,
    Wait, to reap me.
    Spare me, spare me,
    Thy ode of demise.
    He, prepares his song.

{-}{_}{-}

This spire contains,
    The strangest of things,
    A stone, a hole bored in its core.
    From this pit, this endless cavern,
    Waters that shine in the sun.
    I raise my hands,
    To grasp this cure.

{-}{_}{-}

Please, sir Death,
    Wait, to reap me.
    Spare me, spare me,
    Thy ode of demise.
    He, prepares his song.

{-}{_}{-}

With a dying breath,
    I lower my hands.
    I sip from the glory of The Everwatch.
    My soul is ablaze,
    The ember restored.
    My being is intact,
    Sir Death, I laugh.

{-}{_}{-}

It wasn't I,
    Who had the last laugh,
    Sir Death had been waiting,
    Planning my doom.
    He wanted me dead,
    But I rebelled and said,
    "Please, show mercy,
    I've ventured so far!"

{-}{_}{-}

He shook his head,
    Or so I saw.
    He raised his hand,
    His scythe, of shadows,
    Appeared at his very whim.
    With one final movement,
    He pierced my being,
    He harvested the ash of my soul.

{-}{_}{-}

To this, I warn thee,
    Accept your fate.
    Sir Death is waiting.
    Oh, young boy,
    Don't tempt Death.

{-}{_}{-}

Sir Death is waiting.

{-}{_}{-}
    ███

((OOC SECTION))

Hello everyone! We're happy to announce with this spontaneous beginning of a new event-line. What you can expect is more spontaneous interactions with whatever is happening in-game, through the weeks to come at, really, anytime. But, we wish to also express, that there will be following these buildup moments, large events that're planned ahead of time and announced via Thread & RP COM Discord Announcements, as per usual. Always on Saturdays as they're reserved days for Server Events. So fear not if you missed today's launch of the event-line, there is much more to come! We will keep you informed, and please continue to RP, hypothesis, and enjoy this as you wish.

I implore anyone to post on the thread their character's reactions and so on!

To also assist anyone which might not have been interacted with today, we will be leaving as a link below to the form where you can add your character's Fondest Memory, and Biggest Fear. This data shall help us for the future to come. Please keep submissions to one character, per player. If you've been asked these questions, you do not have to fill this form out. Any questions may always be forwarded in ticket bot, but within reason, thank you.

https://forms.gle/XXwSDLCxCBC4Lny49

• Winner Winner x 18
    • Powerful Powerful x 2
    #1 Carlit0o, Jul 18, 2021
    Last edited: Jul 19, 2021
  2. bwmwags3

bwmwags3 Refugee

"A song of the Occult, upon a fountain of blasphemy for those who reject the will of the Everwatcher. All beings die, those destined to return and continue the duty of unionism are granted such by the Everwatcher. Not by foul creatures that carry songs like taunts upon the wind. With...the loss of the higher Celate seems it shall fall to us to guard the flock. I shall prepare and meet with my fellow Celates, especially the Celate-Mother this seems a area of faith that she shall know much of," resolved Atum stricking up his guitar, "For the Hero Lucia who taught us to have faith in the darkness. May the Everwatcher guide us and the God Emperors and Empresses empower our way."

The music of a hymnal song played upon daendroque guitar echoes from the Morathes estate. A honoring of Lucia's songs and a defiance of the twisted song of the storm.

#2 bwmwags3, Jul 18, 2021
    Last edited: Jul 18, 2021
  3. Ghirko

Ghirko Snek Intensifies

Eric Daevaar twitched his mass of red and orange trendrils as he watched the rain fall. He despised water, rain was no different. Still, he couldn't complain in the shelter of the clinic and had to admit that the sound of the thundering droplets on the window was calming. Then it came. Softly, growing louder. He glanced outside, assuming a child must be making the most of being indoors but those around him started to panic. He scoffed. A single music box and people are already raving about clickers. There was something familiar to it. They must sell the boxes at a novelty shop. Eric's attempts to calm those around him were in vain. Words on deaf ears. Nothing new. Still, he allowed himself to be lifted up and carried away to Grey Gate in the arms of Sib... The music followed. The snake scoffed again. Okay, so it wasn't a mundane music box but hardly malicious. It was music! Given it was growing in tune, he did make a mental note to have something to hand to block his ears if the need arouse, but even he thought this was silly. What else was there to do? He did his best to put minds to ease, all while his tendrils bounced gently along in time to the tune.

• Winner Winner x 1
  4. LadyLekku

LadyLekku Fiber Viber Supremium

The shrine in the Helbolwen remained lit through the night, the song of the stormy day met in response by Helsang of the Valsung. Religious fervor was the tone of the evening.

• Winner Winner x 1
  5. DipliPsychi

DipliPsychi your server farmboy

Lord Alexandros Spathous sat in his family's estate's library, fascinated by this mysterious and ominous voice and hymns he heard earlier, as he looked down at a posting he had retrieved. He then began to start a decryption of any secret code laid upon the old nursery rhyme as well as cross-referencing anything to Unionist texts and laws of physics, working endlessly for the next few days.

6. DuchBargollo

DuchBargollo Life is precious, lets enjoy it together!

Calibur read the song, studying every word, frowning at the mention of death, he hated death and to put it in a nursery rhyme was insulting. "Sir death.. huh? It's certainly true that death strides around every corner we take, but if it can be prevented you bet your ass I'm going to do everything in my power to do so." Before leaving the paper to where he found it scruffled in a ball and simply walking off.

7. NebulaePrimo

NebulaePrimo The Everwatcher :powerful:

Amdilin dei Savarolesta walked about the city under the safety of their umbrella, making sure there were no signs of trouble. Eventually, the Unionist Celate headed towards the Cathedral. As they approached, they saw a few already beginning to gather inside, seeking guidance on what the strange music could mean. Amdilin took a deep breath in, exhaled, and then stepped inside. Someone was needed to ease the fears of the public and remind them the situation was under control. But as they talked to those worried souls inside the Cathedral, the Celate couldn't help but wish that there was someone to help calm themselves down as well.

8. DrFong

DrFong The Knave of Rats

Knave played his lyre (+1 instrument skill) in opposition to the strange music, making a terrible cacophony of noise that matched the raging storm. "Something strange is coming, I can taste it in the wind."

• Powerful Powerful x 2
  9. CyberMo01

CyberMo01 Not a Robot

Safely within the brightly lit and cozy confines of her home, Cieli peered out of one of its front windows to the still-pouring rain storm beyond. The Altalar grasped none too lightly a cup of her favorite herbal tea, a single thought looping through her mind as she eyed the streaks of water running down the window: At least it wasn't clicking.

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. Yui_Drax

Yui_Drax Loong Worshiper and Sihai Enthusiast

Sparks traveled from the ground and towards the air, electricity spanning from an area of a few feet and extended half a yard into the air, the expansion of lightning revealed the outline of a human as they opened their eyes, the ice blue irises of the man revealing itself from the light shown by nature's fury as they pressed forward, abandoning their umbrella as electricity around their body condensed and shaded into many hues of colors. Starting from yellow, to blue, to orange, to red, and finally to purple as every step he took, a different variant showed itself, the man showed no fear but welcomed it.

"The Stormblade's rise upon the hour, let this be an awakening."

The man drew his saber and gladius, wielding it in both hands as electricity stemmed from his body, traveling down the blades of his weaponry as he marched off into the dark forest decorating the lands of Regalia, flying sparks and vague silhouette's depicted their actions as the electricity faded as he continued further, the beating of war drums following the man as if the chanting trailed him.

• Powerful Powerful x 3
  11. CrimsletMonarch

CrimsletMonarch Priestess?? Dawn Songstress?? Emotional Wreck??

Hopping off steps, Novellia Reinard's boots were soaked with rain from the splash. She had the purple hood of her cloak up to shield her from the rain, but not the music that drenched the streets and made with her ears. It was nothing at first to her. She walked and she first thought it a street performer's act-- But there was no one on the street, no one down the adjacent streets either from what she could note. No matter how far she went, the music just did not seem to wane naturally. It was as if it was following her.

The Dragon Priestess started to rush faster through the streets. First, it was strides, then jaunts, and soon, a full-on run. There had to be a place where the music did not reach. Not in her years of music did she think that it could be so consistent over such a distance. She ran from the Academy and her old home to the Golden Willow, nearly stumbling and once bashing and sliding a knee on the pavement.

She stopped before the Willow.

It was still there. In her ears. In the ears of others.

At the words of another Sihai, who told her to look at the sky, she did. A foreboding and accursed feeling weighed on her like shackles or a cage that she struggled to press up against. She breathed in and stood still. Her purple eyes stared at the clouds. Even as the rain kissed her cheeks, she found no comfort nor solace.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Susow

Susow R

Azog walked back into the pouring city, noticing something bad were coming. A wrong time to travel back towards Regalia it may have been? Azog grabbed his Great Warhammer, smiling internally as he said to himself "It's time for a new hunt, which new creatures dare come into the city upon my arrival?"

13. Clone_Fives

Clone_Fives

Silver walked about as the rain came down a smile came to her face, later as the music came she looked around curious causing it but furrowed her brows realising something was wrong but thought all was well ."What is going on?"
    She continued on bothered by the music but ignored it for now.