Qgmk

Discussion in 'Staff Profile & AMA' started by qgmk, May 29, 2020.

1. qgmk

qgmk Leader of Magnanimus

In-Game Name: qgmk
    AKA: Q
    Departments:
    2015-2016: PVP2, Game2, PR2
    2020-2021: Direction, Game3
    How did I choose my name? I smashed my head on the keyboard thrice and the letters q g mk came out.

My MassiveCraft journey...

I joined MassiveCraft in 2012 to roleplay. Surprising, right? My best IRL friend, Barsi_, told me join this server and his faction, Osai, lead by Mecharic and OctoberGwen. I roleplayed for a few months as the character Aldin the Dwarf. No one knew what to call me or had any clue how to pronounce my name. The best attempts I’ve heard are “quigmick,” “quicktrip,” and “quigmuffin.” I don’t blame them. I still have no idea how to pronounce it. OctoberGwen finally started calling me “Q,” and the name seemed to stick. Osai was quiet, peaceful, and simple. I spent my time roleplaying, riding down the nearby waterfall in a boat, or visiting my neighbor, desert_eagle98.

Everything changed when the big bad PVPrs of the Viridian Crusade mercilessly attacked. We lived in fear of Grixer slaughtering us in our faction home, xBlacK_Pantherx performing drive-bys on civilians, and attacks during weddings. No place in the faction was safe from the horrible PVPrs of the world, and Osai finally broke when cannon fire from a certain MassiveCraft Overlord rained down from the sky and destroyed Gwen’s item frames holding her treasured armor. Fortunately, I escaped with my new best friend, Gethelp, to the faction of Snowfall, lead by Thortuna, with a new mission: to become the most powerful faction and never live in fear again.

While in Snowfall I met my mentor, ElTongo, a vicious, fun-loving orc who taught me how to PVP. We traveled the world together, joining factions such as the demonic Chronikatr (Snakeeeer), the sandy assassins of Alamut (Kapry), the pirates of Ghiscari (McMuffin55), InVictus (CRVanover), Valyria (Grixer, yes my old enemy), and even Raptum for brief time. We trained PVP and raided around the world until one lucky raid in 2014 I met gridiron1024, who recruited me to his faction, Magnanimus, lead by spectec. Magnanimus was hardcore PVP, but not as hardcore as Alamut, where you would be kicked if you scored above a certain level on an empathy test. Magnanimus was exciting. There was always someone to fight, and I felt as if I had joined an elite community of PVPrs on the server. I was finally among the most powerful factions, and I worked my way up the ranks in Mag until spectec left in 2015 and gave the faction to me to continue on.

One day after finishing a raid on a rather defenseless faction a realization came to me: I had turned into the very thing I despised when I was a roleplayer in Osai - a big bad PVPer who mercilessly attacked the innocent. How could this have happened? How could I become the thing I wanted to prevent?

Then a second realization hit me. If those raiders never would have attacked us in Osai I never would have had such a journey or met friends I still keep in touch with today. The raiders, along with the now-Mag-leader-me, were trying to create a new generation of PVPrs by instilling this fight-back mentality. Well, it worked. How is it possible that a nobody from a simple roleplaying faction ends up leading Magnanimus?

Anything is possible on this server. Take every opportunity you can. You never know where it may lead you.

P.S. The rest is pretty boring. I became staff, lead Mag for a while, fought in too many wars to count, took a 4-year hiatus for studies, and now back again.

Challenge: Can anyone name every faction in this video?

AMA!

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Powerful Powerful x 2
    • Thank You! Thank You! x 1
    #1 qgmk, May 29, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 1, 2020
  2. ItsLateKnight

ItsLateKnight A person

In 5 words or less, explain why you love me quigmuffin. On a side note what degree was so important that you left me for 4 years? I may have not known you 4 years ago but our souls were connected.

• Immersive Immersive x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  3. qgmk

Haha
    Your moral character is unmatched.
    I went to get a Biomedical Engineering degree.

• Friendly Friendly x 2
  4. JoyShake

JoyShake Deceptively unwholesome

You're a familiar name, huh

5. DrFong

DrFong The Knave of Rats

Good to hear from another Osai member. OctoberGwen was one of my first big supporters.

After Osai was destroyed, my friends and I fled to Regalia and never looked back.

Glad to hear you are still kicking!

6. FourThirteen

FourThirteen Yeah that Staff Member Tech3

• Educated Educated x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. NotchyHerobrine

NotchyHerobrine Binded by Contract

I just say your name like Q G M K. Isnt that how most people do it?

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. qgmk

Haha likewise :)

9. qgmk

Ahh good to hear from you too!
    Crazy how we all went different ways after it.

10. qgmk

qgmk what a lame name

• Cuddles! Cuddles! x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. FourThirteen

Yeah that

• Constructive Constructive x 1
    • Powerful Powerful x 1
  12. FourThirteen

13. Sir_Daragon

Sir_Daragon Your Local Staff Member Game2

Are you related to QTheKing and jgmqk or whatever their name is. i cant remember

14. FourThirteen

15. Sweet_Dreams

Sweet_Dreams Refugee

I really enjoyed reading this. I empathize with your story. I didn't know you were a roleplayer in the past. I feel like I got to know you a bit better from this post and I'm happy your unique perspective is in Game. Good luck Q!

16. qgmk

Qtheking joined a couple years after I did and tried to steal my name :) He failed. He actually inspired me to name one of my alts QtheGod because after all, what's a king to a god? I have never heard of jgmqk.

Thank you! <3 Likewise!

17. eman1000

eman1000 Firework Salesman

Man, I saw usernames in this post I've forgotten for years. Good memories.

18. qgmk

Yours too my mans. Good to see you.