A Mid-summer Festival

Discussion in 'Player Events' started by SneakyLinguine, Jul 7, 2021.

1. SneakyLinguine

SneakyLinguine Snarken Staff Member Roleplay Staff

The Ciellonians of Regalia Present
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

•:─═════════════════─:••:۞:••:─═════════════════─:•
    ▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

If there is one thing in common between all Ciellonian villages, from Daen to the Archipelago, it is a love for celebration. Join the Cielothar of Regalia, the people of Petalcourt, and the whole of the city for a sun-filled day of festivities celebrating the middle of Summer!

What: A Festival to celebrate the midpoint of Summer!
    Where: Festival Grounds (/tp FestivalGrounds)
    When: Saturday, August 7th, starting at 6:00pm EST

Food & Crafts Market
    Enjoy food and drinks from your favourite establishments as you peruse the various creations of the city’s artisans and craftsmen. In true Cielothar fashion, trade and barter will be encouraged! The vendors expected at the festival are:
    - Artfices Natura arts and crafts
    - Theo Kee'lyth portraits
    - Petalcourt Produce fresh produce
    - Crafts by the Court arts and crafts
    - Second Winds Infirmary medical supplies & alchemy
    - More TBA!

Performance Stage
    Take your freshly acquired snacks to the arena and delight in performances by some of Regalia’s Gifted and talented! With acts taking the stage throughout the Festival, there is bound to be something for everyone to enjoy! The performers expected at the Festival are:
    - Kyra of Havenreach dancer
    - Fingon and Faran Hasylas musicians
    - Salyphe Thurdanal folk music
    - More TBA!

Bread Baking Competition - 7pm EST
    At the request of a few talented Petalcourt hobby-bakers, we will be hosting a bread making competition! All are welcome and encouraged to submit a creation for judging, with prizes awarded to the top three bakes! Entries:
    - Faran Hasylas
    - Theo Kee'lyth

To reserve a market stall, a performance slot, or a competition entry, contact the Regalian Great Mother, Aeda’lyn!

[​IMG]
    OOC
    Anyone and everyone is welcome to attend this event! Interested in having a booth, performing, or competing at the festival? Fill out the template below, or find Aeda (or just about anyone wandering around Petalcourt) IC
    IGN: Your username
    Name: Your character’s name
    What: You’re welcome to do more than one!
    ooo- Booth: What will you be selling? (You don't need to have an official business!)
    ooo- Performance: What’s your act?
    ooo- Competing
    IC Letter: Short letter to Aeda

If you’d like to crash the event, send me a message on Discord at SneakyLinguine#0600 and we’ll figure something out that works for everyone!

We hope to see you there!

q
    [​IMG]

• Cuddles! Cuddles! x 4
    #1 SneakyLinguine, Jul 7, 2021
    Last edited: Aug 5, 2021
  2. tinykenzie

tinykenzie no mourners, no funerals

IGN: tinykenzie
    Name: Kyra of Havenreach
    What: You’re welcome to do more than one!
    Performance: Dancing that includes special effects like glittery magic and maybe some singing!

IC Letter:
    I heard there was a spot for performers at this festival? I would love to contribute and bring joy to the festival goers! Please consider letting me join up as a dancer.

Thank you very much,
    Kyra of Havenreach
    Leader of the Society of the Glittering Suns Entertainer’s Guild

3. Prizm_PxlPC

Prizm_PxlPC

IGN: Prizm_PxlPC
    Name: Arduin Mac Xeniel
    What: A booth representing Artifices Natura, selling arts and crafts like Glasswork, Pottery, Sculptures, Jewellery.
    IC Letter:
    To Aeda,
    I have heard of the Mid-Summer Festival and seeing that I missed out on the Bazaar last time, I will not miss another chance to participate. I am going to apply for a stall for my shop, Artfices Natura. Details enclosed.
    Yours sincerely,
    Arduin Mac Xeniel

4. SevenBirds

SevenBirds Phantasmal and Resplendent

IGN: SevenBirds
    Name: The Other Resident Gremlin Faran Hasylas
    What: Definitely manning a stall with the other Petalcourt folks (selling woven goods) and participating in the bread-baking, possibly standing in for Fingon with music if he doesn't come.
    IC Letter:
    Hello, stranger. <3
    We've already talked about me doing stuff at the festival, but I thought it would make you laugh to get a letter after I just saw you before lunch, so here we are. I'm planning on joining all of you at the Petalcourt stall to rotate out so we can all enjoy the festivities (I've been working on some nice woven bracelets I think will be a hit!) and, of course, plan to run circles around Theo in the bread-baking. (I should probably brush up on my bread-making soon, come to think of it...)
    But the main thing I wanted to let you know is that I got a letter back from Fingon - he's still out doing bard-things, but would be happy to perform if he makes it back to the city in time. I've been practicing on my flute just in case I need to stand in for him, but hopefully there will be enough other musicians already. I'm looking forward to the event - I think we'll make a lot of new friends!
    Warm Winds,
    Faran

5. BitCatalyst

BitCatalyst

IGN: BitCatalyst
    Name: Theo Kee'lyth
    What: Drawing portraits. Wouldn't quite require a booth. Also baking bread.
    IC Letter:
    Hey Aeda!
    I was thinking that the upcoming festival could be a great place to draw some portraits. I'd get lots of practice and maybe a bit of coin too. Anyways I don't require a booth, I'll probably just wander with my clipboard or camp out near one of your booths. I will also be contributing to the bread baking competition. Faran doesn't stand a chance! Anyways, that's the most formal you're gonna get out of me in one sitting.
    Take care!
    -Theo

6. SneakyLinguine

Dear Kyra,
    It would be our pleasure to have you perform at the Festival! I will be in touch with you again in the coming weeks with more information regarding the performance schedule and whatnot.

Yours in Kindness,
    Aeda

Dear Arduin,
    A Stall will be reserved for you and your shop! In the meantime, if you require any additional accommodations for your booth, please let us know!

Yours in Kindness,
    Aeda

Faran, you walnut,
    You know I do LOVE letters! I'll mark both you and Fingon down as performers. I can't wait to se those bracelets, hear you play, and taste that bread!

See you in, well, probably a few hours
    Aeda

Theo, darling,
    You live in my house and see me every day- you know I'm not one for formalities! I'll be sure you have a little bench and table for your drawings, at the very least. Make sure you share with the Court any practice-breads you bake between now and the Festival!

Help yourself to the snacks on the counter!
    Aeda

• Cuddles! Cuddles! x 3
  7. TheHitchHyker

TheHitchHyker Dead Man's Switch

IGN: TheHitchHyker
    Name: Celeste Novalus Venphine
    What:
    We would like to have a booth representing Second Winds Infirmary, selling some basic supplies such as mid-level alchemies and various herbal treatment options

IC Letter:
    Howdy!
    I've recently opened up a clinic in Arena Court, and I'm interested in trying to get our name out there and provide our services, and our top-tier medical skills and magics!
    Regards,
    Celeste Novalus Venphine

8. SneakyLinguine

Hello Celeste,
    We’d be happy to have you at the Festival. Let me know if you need any additional materials for your booth, and we’ll make the arrangements. Best of luck with your new clinic!
    Yours in Kindness,
    Aeda

9. MeatJellyyy

MeatJellyyy Funky Lil' Dude

IGN: Meatjellyyy
    Name: Salyphe Thurdanal.
    What:
    ooo- Performance: Performing folk music across Regalia.​
    Dear Aeda,

I have learned of your event coming up this weekend, and if you have any open performance spaces, I would love to offer my skills to you. I have traveled far, and learned many songs along the way to Regalia, and wish to perform those that I believe would fit the festival. I have played for peerage in the past, if you wished to know of past clientele.

I hope to hear from you soon!​

Salyphellana Thurdanal.​

10. SneakyLinguine

Dear Salyphe,
    We’d be delighted to have you perform at the festival! I’ll be in touch with you again shortly regarding the details of the performance schedule and the like.

Yours in Kindness,
    Aeda​