Played Character 《 Nightingale 》

Discussion in 'Character Sheets' started by sensiblegh0st, Jun 5, 2021.

1. sensiblegh0st

sensiblegh0st

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    〚 ✗┇ ════════════════ - ‹ •◦ ✗ ◦• › - ════════════════ ┇✗ 〛
    [​IMG]
    “I build a home and wait for someone to tear it down.”
    [ No Roots ]
    [​IMG]
    《 BASIC INFORMATION 》
    • « CHOSEN NAME » Nightingale
      • ↬ [ Nickname(s): Gale ]
    • « AGE » "23"
      • ↬ [ "Birth"day: May 30th ]
      • ↬ [ Gale was 18 when they were formed - it has been five years since then. ]
    • « GENDER » Nonbinary
      • ↬ [ Pronouns: They/Them ]
    • « RACE » "Qadir"
    • « OCCULT » Vatgrown Homunculi; Exist Mage.
    《 CORE CONCEPT 》
    Having only escaped the Methenwë's Magitech laboratories four years ago, Gale still has much to learn about Regalia and the world at large, and they are more than happy to do so. Their zest for life is rarely dampened by any cruel comments those around them may have, and they seem frequently excited to find out new things about those around them, even if others do not share their enthusiasm.

《 VISUAL INFORMATION 》
    Nightingale is a 5'6" Homunculi, who appears almost like a normal Qadir, with a few key differences. Their dark skin notably does not carry the Sirr al-Hayat that other Qadir do, though it is marred by a small spattering of scars on their face and torso. Their sandstone-colored irises are surrounded by ink-black sclera, their stares lasting just a bit longer without blinking than reads as natural to others. Their black hair has a slight wave to it, and has a nice shine to it when freshly clean, sitting just above their shoulders in an unnaturally choppy style, as if hand-cut with a dagger. Gale usually dress in work clothes, their overalls frequently marked with paint splatters and stains from alchemical experiments. Regardless of their outfit, they're never seen without their red bandana, and a large pair of goggles resting on their head.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    “Take a good look, this is me; this is what I’ve come to be.”
    [ The Chattering Lack of Common Sense ]
    [​IMG]

《 SKILL INFORMATION 》
    • « STRENGTH » 0
    • « CONSTITUTION » 4
      • Rebound Pack
      • Debuff Endurance Pack
      • Thick Hide Pack
    • « INTELLIGENCE » 2
    • « WISDOM » 5
      • Chem Bolts Pack
      • Chem Purge Pack
      • Chem Revive Pack
      • Chem Mend Pack
      • Chem Bloodboil Pack (Vatgrown Mechanic II)
    • « DEXTERITY » 1
      • Escape Artist Pack
    • « FAITH » 0
    • « MAGIC » 2
      • Magic Feather Pack
      • Magic Bolster Pack
    • « LANGUAGES »
      • Common
      • Altalar
      • Faraddi
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    “There is no sweeter innocence than our gentle sin.”
    [ Take Me To Church ]
    [​IMG]
    《 BACKSTORY 》
    • Genesis [Five Years Ago.]
      • Nightingale was brought into the world coldly, and without care - or, well, without the care one would expect of a parent raising a child. It's a harrowing experience, to suddenly be fully aware of your existence, without any of the necessary context to put that existence into. It took time for Gale to come to terms with this alone, in an environment that was not particularly conducive to their emotional and intellectual development.
      • Gale's own memories of this part of their life are hazy, though their clearest recollection among the haze is that of a person - a Qadir scientist by the name of Awni. Still a student, though a very bright one, who worked alongside the Methenwë researchers in their Magitech laboratories. Gale often noted Awni's kindness towards them - a kindness not shown by the other researchers. It was not long before Gale discovered their own connection to this scientist; she had been one of the researchers whose genetic materials were used in their own creation. Awni was the closest thing to a parent that Gale had - and more-so, the only person who acted as one towards them.
      • It wasn't long before the environment grew dire in regards to Gale's safety. The Methenwë researchers were not kind, or gentle, or particularly concerned for the lives of the homunculi in their care - after all, they could always create more. Anyone with a kind heart in this situation may wish to save all those in danger, but with a constant watchful eye, Awni could only manage to wrest Gale away from the laboratory's walls, the two fleeing into the countryside.
    • Haven [Four Years Ago.]
      • For two soft, restful years, Gale was provided as much of a 'normal life' as they could have, given the circumstances of their creation, and the reality of their current situation. Awni and Gale were still in hiding - Gale's familiarity with the experiments within the laboratory and Awni's knowledge of its inner-workings made it likely that the Methenwë researchers would be looking to retrieve the both of them. So the two kept to the countryside, away from any major settlements and possibilities of discovery. Much to Gale's dismay, they were not able to explore the world they yearned so deeply to know more about, their curiosity only partially sated by the books and records Awni managed to squirrel away and sneak into their cabin.
      • Times were good, for a while. But as most things do, those times had to come to an end. Perhaps it was Awni's more frequent ventures into the nearby towns for supplies and books; perhaps it was Gale's curious, forbidden spying on the townsfolk from the foliage on the outskirts. Gale would go their entire life not knowing exactly what caused them to be discovered - but, regardless, one fateful day, Gale returned from an outing to find soldiers at their door, and Awni screaming for them to run. And so they did. They ran, fast and far, long after the shouting of the soldiers no longer reached their ears.
    • Wander [Two Years Ago, to Present.]
      • For the first time in their short life, Gale was completely and utterly alone. Being less of a priority than their guardian - after all, homunculi can be remade - they were able to more easily escape the border of Methenwyaal, and then, eventually, the continent's magical barrier. A period of their time was spent traveling on the sea, stowing away on any cargo or passenger ship they could find, and another was spent on Etosil, hiding their features and nature as best they could as they struggled to find what they needed to survive.
      • After another stowaway onto a ship, Gale reached the Regalian Archipelago, and then Regalia proper. It was a chance to learn, and to find new meaning - and they did, along with plenty of new struggles and strife. It wasn't long before they took a break from the city, along with their partner - although nowadays, they still try and visit when they can. Despite its faults, the city is truly full of the knowledge of the world that they yearn for.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    “Be something and make the news about you; find something to say such that no one else will doubt you.”
    [ Go Go Ghost Ship ]
    [​IMG]

• Winner Winner x 5
    • Powerful Powerful x 2
    • Thank You! Thank You! x 1
    #1 sensiblegh0st, Jun 5, 2021
    Last edited: Feb 25, 2024
  2. Mollymock

Mollymock Regalian Citizen

This is a pretty and easy to navigate application. You are approved.

3. sensiblegh0st

sensiblegh0st

@Mollymock Very sorry to edit so soon after submitting, but there were a couple things I missed. I gained one metallurgy pack free due to Honed Skill I, and switched out Spirit Familiar with Magic Bolt due to realizing I had like, no combat capabilities aside from the ax profs. Changes made in green!

#3 sensiblegh0st, Jun 7, 2021
    Last edited: Jun 10, 2021
  4. Mollymock

Apologies for the delay! Approved

5. sensiblegh0st

sensiblegh0st

@Mollymock Gale got infected with the Alais bloodline! Changes made in green :)

6. Mollymock

7. sensiblegh0st

sensiblegh0st

@Mollymock Rokhaal arc hours. Edits made in green, as always.

8. Mollymock

Pending internal discussion on whether or not Shadowbroods can be Rokhaal. We'll get back to you ASAP.

9. Mollymock

Unfortunatley, they cannot be Rokhaal. You will need to revert this change.

10. sensiblegh0st

sensiblegh0st

@Mollymock I sob. Thankfully they'd already been cured, but now I have to retcon.... so much. I'll figure it out LMAO, thanks for letting me know. I removed the section about Rokhaal abilities.

11. sensiblegh0st

sensiblegh0st

@Mollymock While this is still getting reviewed, I also took the time to switch out body art for husbandry art, so Gale can take their pet cat out on the town. Changes, as always, made in green.

12. Mollymock

13. sensiblegh0st

sensiblegh0st

@Mollymock Removed Writing Art that I never used and redistributed the points to ax combat and light ranged (which I'm flavoring as throwing tomahawk axes, if that's allowed for flavoring?), with the idea that Gale would be training more ICly in fighting. Changed made, as always, in green.

14. Mollymock

Approved. But, for future reference, if your character gets infected with vampirism, you may be asked to remove your Clockwork Tecknics.

15. sensiblegh0st

sensiblegh0st

Alright, thanks for letting me know! May I ask why though? Is it general balancing things as far as abilities go or a lore thing? As I know Eronidas and Asha (who normally can't use magic) are allowed to use Clockwork Techniks as a stand-in.

16. sensiblegh0st

sensiblegh0st

@Mollymock Big. Big changes. Big update. Complete backstory rehaul as per Shadowbroods getting thanos snapped, Gale is a Void Homunculi now due to some tickets back and forth with Marty. Also, the Alchemy update is in here. Changes made in green.

17. Mollymock

18. sensiblegh0st

sensiblegh0st

@Mollymock Gale got infected with the Cratos bloodline. Since a lot of the things they already had were included in the bloodline kit, I redistributed those to other clockwork-related abilities, to fit the theming. However, I made sure to save the original version so I could switch back to exactly the abilities/spread I had before the change if/when Gale gets cured. Changes made in green!

19. Mollymock

The number of teckniks feels a little on the heavy side. I ask that you reduce this down to about 9 points spent at maximum.

20. sensiblegh0st

sensiblegh0st

@Mollymock removed dark curse ii and true path i, couldnt think of anything better to put those points in so i added construction art. changes made in green

21. Mollymock

22. sensiblegh0st

sensiblegh0st

@Mollymock Obligatory engineering update! Took the time to shuffle some other stuff around, remove some stuff that wasn't useful while adding painting arts (FINALLY). Changes made in orange, tis the season!

23. BiBiBirdie

BiBiBirdie The Bird Monarch

Claimed. Expect a review shortly.

24. BiBiBirdie

Make the following changes and tag me when complete.
    Please either remove the Light Ranged Combat or the Volatile Alchemy as these abilities overlap in their niche.

25. sensiblegh0st

sensiblegh0st

@BiBiBirdie Hello, uhhh, I fixed the alchemy thing (just sticking with light ranged for now), but I also basically edited everything else as I just got the word that my character could still be a Cratos, so I added all the engineering packs they would gain from that, shuffled points around as a result, etc etc. Let me know if anything needs a'fixin', since Cratos is in an affliction format I'm noooot quite familiar with yet.

26. BiBiBirdie