On The Founding Of A New Sect, And An Act Of Faith

Discussion in 'Regalian Roleplay' started by leafnosedbat, Jun 20, 2021.

1. leafnosedbat

leafnosedbat juice thought. Supremium

Church Painting.jpg

From the Desk of the Cleric-Mother

Alexi Petralia
    A Missive in Two Parts

I.

A Declaration of Faith
    Toward the founding of the Thyemic Sect

Some months ago at the Imperial Audience, His Holiness the Emperor recognized me, my flock, and my church. Such an honor is never forgotten, but the public at large has hitherto heard the specifics of my Unionism only in mutters and whispers. Perhaps inevitable, as I often fancy myself more a mystic than a priestess, but in this missive I intend to set things right.

Hereby do I profess a new facet of the Faith, and declare myself first leader of the sect of Thyemic Unionism. As theologians before us have endeavored to expand the faith so it might serve all its faithful, so to do I begin this movement towards the end of guiding and uplifting the Faithful Dead. Not merely as laity, but as the ordained. Curate as I was in life, so too shall I be in death.

Further, I declare our sect aligned to and beneath the Patriarchate of Etosil and the Evintarian church. Originating as this movement does from that land where living and dead first made peace under the Dragonblooded Heron, His Holiness Emperor Cedromar, we could naturally pledge ourselves to none other. The Patriarch may well cast suspicion upon us, but take heed that this shall be no empty declaration, but a commitment of sword and pen both.

II.

A Call to Arms
    Toward the reclamation of the Flaming Sword of the Heron

It was the Evintarian Church who originated the practice of proclaiming living Herons. Indeed, the exaltation of those exemplars of the Spirit's virtues, both living and dead, is realized within our Church to an extent above any other. Relics, those treasures of the Herons, are thus awarded unique significance, for they, like their owners, are touched by the Spirit.

One such relic has been revealed to lie most ignobly in the Fae Sepulchre. Alike a Heron in its holiness, to find such a thing imprisoned so, among demonic implements and other heretical devices, is plainly anathematic to Evintarian sensibilities. Indeed, it ought to stoke the ire of any who follow the Great Way.

As our first act as formal sect, in Spirit's name, do we proclaim that this injustice shall be righted! We call upon all Faithful to join us in our impending march upon the Sepulchre, where we might reclaim this article of Faith for the Herons, for the Spirit, and for all Humanum!

Oratario Paean.

TL;DR + OOC

Alexi's undead church, which has nominally existed for a while but lacked any formal documentation following becoming legal, is now a proper thing! Our first order of business? Rescuing a Heron's Relic from the Fae Sepulchre!
    If you have a character who wants to join us (Unionist or otherwise), contact either myself (Doctor Goodman#0378) or @slurmancer (.*♡ ᓚᘏᗢ ⭒.#3610)

• Powerful Powerful x 15
    • Winner Winner x 4
  2. bwmwags3

bwmwags3 Refugee

As a Noble Lord returns once more to the city kneeling before the Cathedral altar. Thinking upon the turmoil that has happened, a note of this call is handed to him.

“Holy relics in the hands of the Fae…in the hands of protectors of Demons, the failed safe-keepers of the Crown of the World. they dare defile the purpose of a Heron’s blade by keeping it in their /illegal/vaults. They should’ve handed the Crown of World to the Emperor not hoarded it away to be filched.”

He looks upon the altar

“So this is how we honor the High Reverend, this is the answer bestowed for my question. Let us rally all sects to this cause, unite that this sword shall be reclaimed and given to a /true/ knight or servant of the Spirit!”

with that he would dispatch the news to his fellow Nobles.
    @essentialess @kdeeks (ples distribute to all Wulfmachts theres to many to tag) @FireFan96 (For Dietrich)

3. bwmwags3

bwmwags3 Refugee

@festiveCorvid (almost forgot to add Abelhard sorry)

4. Simslp

Simslp About as productive as a Typhonus in Ithania.

A Violet guard adds a few remarks during one of his patrols.

"The Wards of Fae might not always succeed. However, the Viridian Order seemingly granted the honor of storing such sword. Who are we to speak against their will, the order that Sir Charles Terwer dedicated his life to. In all my years in this city and duty to our empire, I never saw an individual worthy enough to bear the honor and burden to wield such a sword once more. All the knights agreed to let it rest in this tomb. So everyone who dares to take it from the Fae knights, claiming to use it for some righteous cause, seemingly don't trust the Wards of Fae Order, the Viridians and all the knights having the honor to visit the grave of the Heron of the Flaming Sword. Let it rest in the hands of the Fae or government, since the sword should never be used unless the empire depends on it."

• Powerful Powerful x 1