Played Character Zadicus Luthar

Discussion in 'Character Sheets' started by MidnightRey, Jul 18, 2019.

1. MidnightRey

MidnightRey Ruler of the Abyss

@Caelamus
    I updated his application! :D
    All changed to his backstory are in bluuue

#41 MidnightRey, May 4, 2021
    Last edited: May 4, 2021
  2. Caelamus

Caelamus Sir Honeybear the chronic druid main

Approved, but also as a note. Crimson witches cannot dye their hair. The red marks are always persistent while in their natural form.

3. MidnightRey

You mean in Abyssal Body I? Oc, I understand his hair will still be red in that form. His hair will only be purple in Abyssal Body II. By using the language "making it look like it was dyed."
    I just meant, to a normal person that's what it could be assumed as. Not that he actually dyed his hair :D
    @Caelamus

4. MidnightRey

@Caelamus
    Decided to mess around some with aesthetics and edited a tad bit too much and so this happened. Otherwise, nothing else has been changed. Cheers!

5. MidnightRey

@Caelamus
    Ayo Cael I updated Zads app in accordance to the update, while meanwhile trying to keep his abilities the same as they were before the update with a few adjustments here and there. If I did something wrong on the abilities let me know and I'll fix it up,

6. Caelamus

7. MidnightRey

@Caelamus Decided to change his main color was red to purple while in Abyssal Form 1, hope this is ok. I lost the tag when updating the pictures ahh,

8. Caelamus

Define what you mean by this. You cannot have dyed hair in their natural form. It has to be as it describes on the page.

9. MidnightRey

841a1ba2be027da53d87ea6aa5d5a1d4--by-the-sword-dark-sword.jpg 46c62754191788c0f18e9c4e8270e830.jpg

I changed the color therefore I changed the picture and that's what made me loose the tag
    @Caelamus

10. Caelamus

Ok approved.

11. MidnightRey

@Caelamus I added in yet another picture and once more lost my tag. And I made some other minor changes.
    -Magic Bolt 1 was traded out for Shadow Curse 1
    -Gave him Element Brand 1
    -Changed around some of his aesthetics to be more fitting to the theme of Crystals mixed with an icy touch along with darkness. To give the already pure darkness theme more flavor.

#51 MidnightRey, Jul 24, 2021
    Last edited: Feb 21, 2022
  12. MidnightRey

@Caelamus
    --Thinking of switching out Darkness 3 with Spirit Familiar 1. Thing is, I don't want the creature in question to be a regular animal from the mundane page. And want it to reflect more on Zads magic and current ability theme.
    --Being blue/magenta/purple crystals and stuff. I was looking at the creature in question looking somewhat like this. But the wings look a lot more crystalized (sharp on the edges and such). And the body of the bird shimmers like crystals when in sunlight. I just wanted to ask if something like this was possible to do.
    6ca407684da9450558b0700ae423aada.jpg

--It's either that or some kind of Home Enchant spell like 2. Basically having a home, or whatever covered in small crystals that grow and spread out to protect it against things like fire.
    --Covering whatever is about to be damaged or harmed in hardened crystals. Something along those lines. I kinda just need advice here on what I should do cause there's a lot of fun aesthetics I want to do but. I don't really seemingly have the points for it lmao.

#52 MidnightRey, Jul 25, 2021
  13. Caelamus

The bird is fine, just have a hawk or something with magical aesthetic. I have a funky watery condensed kraken on Therris. I'm fine with you adding in more sorcery on the caveat that they're mostly from the aesthetic category and aren't solely combat related. Maybe just remove alchemy all together or even weapon proficiency, they're not really that necessary.

14. MidnightRey

I would prefer to keep the Alchemy. As since day one of me having this character his Alchemy has always been consistently maxed out. I even for a long while now have kept a house and kept up on rent for a place which has a built IG Alchemy lab inside which takes up an entire floor of Zadicus home alongside a small library which takes up another floor to fit with his Witch vibe, having me had him being an Odella worshipper long before the Witch update had even happened. He has dedicated quite a few years of his life to Alchemy (and knowledge in general) and I have even put the OOC effort into it as well.

--As for his fighting it has changed and varied a bit over the years but I would dislike to take away his ability to fully partake in any form of combat if that makes sense. Given as it makes sense for him needing to learn to fend for himself when he was younger quite a bit and realistically. I think it might be better if I simply removed a portion of his points to invest into elsewhere. If such would be ok with you

--I also would like to keep both Element Brand 1 and Darkness 3.
    --Darkness 3 is good for stopping people from running away or escaping, or persuing someone without actually harming them. Zadicus has used this ability I'm this exact form quite a few times before in the past.
    --Element Brand 1 is good for helping Zad out in combat to make up for his lack of actual skill in his weapons. (With me taking out more of his combat points, it could be an fair trade off). It's also a good way to allow him to possibly more easily restrain or knock out his enemy. Or defeating his enemy with keeping damage to them at a minimum.

#54 MidnightRey, Jul 28, 2021
  15. Caelamus

I don't manage enhanced mutations, you should consider making a ticket to ask these questions or just apply and try. Enhanced mutations are just aesthetic, they can't be abilities or in an ability format. Having a familiar for example would be an ability, you wouldn't need a perm to customize its aesthetic because that is already available in the ability.

I would also recommend condensing your questions as most of these are difficult to read walls of text that aren't very concise though I will say as a general rule of thumb whenever I review, the priority for me is whether it is a fair and balanced character first and then I review if it makes sense after. I'm going to disallow an excess of abilities if you intend on keeping things like alchemy or combat proficiency. Abilities that are aesthetic only however are fine.

16. MidnightRey

Tha
    All of that is fair enough, thanks Cael!

#56 MidnightRey, Jul 28, 2021
  17. Caelamus

18. MidnightRey

@Caelamus Edited with the Alchemy update!
    --Bumped his Medical Science to 10 with the new Zolathar Boost
    --Bumped his Cooking Arts from 4 to 5 and his Hunting Arts from 2 to 4 with the leftover three points
    --And oc I gave him all four of the Alchemy things,
    --Traded out Super Self 1 for Magic Bolt

#58 MidnightRey, Aug 9, 2021
  19. Caelamus

Approved.

20. MidnightRey

@Caelamus
    --Element Control 7 was yeeted and I gave him Super Self 1 instead purely for the aesthetic purposes. I hope this is ok.
    --But also given Super Self one is mostly aesthetic, with a phy stat boost and knocking down. Which is normally easy to recover from, if I wanted to keep Element Control 7 could I do that? As it's still useful for blocking ranged attacks and defense. But idk if it's really worth it given I rarely get the chance to really use it. But due to how none existence Zad ever gets into Combat I'm questioning keeping Magic Bolt or not. I can never seem to decide with Magic Bolt. I love it but I also just feel with Zads tendacy to avoid fights. He never gets to use it, and Element Control 7 is more of a defense spell over offence.

#60 MidnightRey, Aug 12, 2021
  21. Caelamus

Just switch out magic bolt for it. Element Control 7 is fine.

22. MidnightRey

And it's done, no Magic Bolt, and Element Control 7

#62 MidnightRey, Aug 14, 2021
    Last edited: Aug 14, 2021
  23. Caelamus

24. MidnightRey

@Caelamus IAmInNeedOfAReview
    So anyways- I kinda just lokey rewrote Zadicus to a degree from the ground up. I think I am done now and just need you to slap a review at me.

These are the changes I made overall,
    --I removed the Fourth Alchemy Pack Zadicus already has Magic Dagger now, and therefore I feel like it would kinda just be a repeating ability. However I am uncertain about this choice as I have always had Zad max out his Alchemy abilities since the dawn of time with him. The idea of cutting him one short sounds very wrong. Especially after I was like "Nooo but Alchemy is a big part of his character I can't remove it". Some time back.
    --But it's also for the sake of balance so he can't theoretically shoot off an Alchemy thing and than immediately shoot off a Magic Dagger. Idk it just feels a bit off to me. Lmk what you think about this. Not to say I would abuse it in such a way, it just seems a bit much.
    --And than there's mostly just some changes to his backstory, but nothing too grand I kinda just restructured it.
    --I gave him a new full name in accordance to Lore because I really liked the new name template for Kathars. But most will likely still just call him Zadicus by default.
    --Changed his fighting set a bit, as to match new Lore with Kathars having a liking to bows and scimitars. But also gave him mostly Fist Combat to combine it with his new Body Claws ability. With the logic he would begin learning how to adjust his natural abilities into his fighting style from a younger age.
    --Removed the Medical as he currently also has Light Mend 1/2 mixed with Healing Alchemy. Both which can preform the same as Medical and with losing the boost to be able to buy the Curing Pack and have him regonize Mundane alignments. I don't really see a reason to keep the 5 points in Medical around. And reinvested them elsewhere.
    --And of course all his Racials are updated according to the new Lore and such

If any of these changes look like too much or like he has too many abilities at this point (I myself am self conscious about that) just lmk.

--
    I also decided to go back and fix my walls of texts and try cleaning up the comment section of this Application a bit more to make it more precise and easy to read everything.

#64 MidnightRey, Feb 20, 2022
    Last edited: Feb 22, 2022
  25. Caelamus

26. MidnightRey

27. Yurs

Yurs real life catgirl

Howdy! App looks good for the most part, there's just a few changes that need to be made for a complete review:
    • You currently have 3 Dexterity abilities purchased but only 2 points invested. Please shuffle your points around to accommodate.
    • Please trim your backstory to the bullet point format. Apps are coming in at a very high rate due to the recent update and it takes a while to go through a full backstory; for ease of review this would help a lot.
    Go ahead and tag me once you've made those changes for another review, I'll get this approved ASAP!! c:

28. MidnightRey

@Yurs This has been done!

29. Yurs

Yurs real life catgirl

APPROVED!!

30. MidnightRey

@Yurs I made some changes to Zadicus, I made him be from a Crimson Witch to a Vampire. I got the go-ahead from staff in a ticket for this change to happen.

31. MidnightRey

32. Acosmism

Acosmism Sugar Parental Unit

Re-approved

33. MidnightRey

I made a decently big change to Zadicus just now, I decided to make him no longer be a Kathar but a Dread Corrupted Fin'ullen instead. I switched his points around a little bit and that like. But nothing too crazy, thanks to whoever picks this back up.

34. Caelamus

Approved.

35. MidnightRey

@Caelamus I'm done updating Zads application, all things should be up to date including his aesthetics,

36. Caelamus

"Cahal do not have any Abilities in their Base Kit. Instead, Cahal gain 4 commutable Point-Buy Points that can be spent in specific Categories. These commutable Point Buy Points do not increase any Proficiency Stat, and allow the purchase of additional Point-Buy Packs, but do not allow them to exceed the cap. These commutable Point-Buy Points must be mentioned on the Character Application, and are lost instantly when the Character is cured. These Commutable Point Buy Points may be used in the following Categories: Engineering Point Buy, Alchemy Point Buy, Spell Point Buy, and Afflicted Point Buy a unique category only certain Afflictions have access to. Each Cahal Type does still have Specials though."

You have other wisdom as well. Just adhere to what is written for now.

37. MidnightRey

@Caelamus My bad entirely for not fully reading that, the issue has been fixed.

38. Caelamus

39. MidnightRey

I redid Zads point spread a little. Stole all his Con for favor of Wisdom. And I also changed his spells around to make him purely Support Based and no longer mixed. Given I don't intend to really ever go into conflict with this character directly.

#79 MidnightRey, Feb 14, 2023
    Last edited: Feb 14, 2023
  40. RunicScrawl

RunicScrawl Capable of Feral Actions Supremium

Claimed for review.