Court Circular #4

Discussion in 'Regalian Roleplay' started by SpunSugar, Jun 11, 2021.

1. SpunSugar

SpunSugar Audacity Vendor

[​IMG]

When one aims an arrow, there’s a multitude of principles one must remember. Aiming, of course, is the primary exercise one must practice. But the other is stamina. To fire an arrow at a target again and again takes strength. Strength one must pull from their reserves during a relentless siege. When the enemy is at your gates and your comrades fall around you. Your aim is only as good as the strength left in you to finally let your arrow fly.

The retreat at Milais is already one for the ages, dear readers! The house is practically teeming with intrigue. The most salacious of which I will impart forthwith.

It seems as if the Grand Duke Alastair Mac Conall has taken severe umbrage with the Lord Vhilomir Bancroft’s infatuation with the stalwart Duchess Natharia Mac Conall. The Lord and Duchess in question have been seen exchanging tender words at noble events as of late, and the Grand Duke has seen to put a stop to their dalliance. There was a row poolside that almost erupted into a full blown brawl, were it not for the intervention of cooler heads. The Lord Bancroft scorned a duel and made no promises of ceasing his attentions on the sweet Duchess.

It continued on the next day, as a showdown in the gardens had the assembled peerage on edge among the rosebushes! This time, the Grand Duke Abelhard Petrou decided to throw his hat into the ring. While we all know, gentle reader, that he has no interest in the Duchess himself, he threw himself at the Lord Bancroft with all vigor! Declaring that he denounced him as sinful! Sinful and debauched.

The Lord Vhilomir Bancroft then challenged the Grand Duke Mac Conall to a mages duel! Stating that the Court Mage shall meet honorably. But this time, it was the Mac Conall who declined! It seems as if these two warriors would rather meet and rant than settle it once and for all. And who suffers? The Duchess Mac Conall, who is torn asunder by passion and duty.

And perhaps the Bancroft family themselves? For Petrou did threaten to make war upon their shores if Vhilomir Bancroft did not repent of his sins. Time will tell what the Duke Bancroft shall make of his wayward kinsman. But one person who did rush to the Duke Bancroft’s defense was his own cousin the Lady Rowena Bancroft. But then, her own nocturnal wanderings are already causing whispers in the hallways of Milais. For the Duke Bancroft’s sake, one hopes he can wrangle his family into some semblance of order before the entirety of the retreat succumbs to their wild ways.

An arrow will only fly as true as the warrior’s aim, attention, and strength can let it fly. The real question might be, instead of how strong is one’s arm, is if the target is even worth hitting after all?

• Winner Winner x 15
  2. bwmwags3

bwmwags3 Refugee

“Well written as always…mm”, The Lord passed a copy to a servant, “Send this alongside my letter to Casa Morathes in the Rim.”

3. TheBioverse

TheBioverse ❖ Prince of Thieves ❖

[​IMG]
    "A battle of Wills between the 'Untitled' Lord-Matador and his unrelenting 'Grand' Red Bull, what juicy inspiration!" Vhilomir was heard chiming with delight at the very same Milais Retreat, a dramatic flourish of his scarlet arm-cape following as he conversed with his Cousins, Duke-Patriarch, and Court Mage at one of the many open Lounges.

"Still, for as brightly the moonlight illuminates the duet star performers, one cannot simply discredit the supporting roles of our Grand Duke -- the mighty Cave Explorer of the Ordial Abyss Petrou, and certainly not my brilliant foil in his Lordship Harhold's intimidating yet jovial presence. And of course, we cannot sideline his Divinity Harhold's words of immense wisdom." The Bancroft-so-Lo mused, a well-tailored gloved grasp dragging back along his raven-black locks. "The remainder of the Red Bull's retinue are going to have to step up their presence if they plan on making the final draft of the Script."

"'And who suffers? The Duchess Mac Conall, who is torn asunder by passion and duty.' Oh, it's practically poetry, Laurent, I'm telling you! Her Ladyship Genevieve is truly a Maestro of her art, wouldn't you agree?" He ended with a wry smile Laurent's way, the monologue brought to a close with the following statement:

"How my alumni back at the Huis College will scorn me for my participation in such an organic and chemical production. Let them, I say!"

"For when the Spirit is watching, we put on a show!"

[​IMG]

Honourable Mentions: @Lumiess @LumosJared @Bunemma @Bellarmina @Maeovika @Farly108 @festiveCorvid @Jonificus @SpunSugar

• Immersive Immersive x 2
    • Powerful Powerful x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1