Mario Blackiron

Discussion in 'Character Sheets' started by Mad_Gadfly, Dec 15, 2020.

1. Mad_Gadfly

Mad_Gadfly ◢◤

Character Information
    • Full Name: Teomario "Mario" Blackiron
      • Legitimized Name: Florence Eugenio "Barbafina" Amaya Tzavaras
    • Race: Daendroque Ailor
    • Eye Color: Silven Gold
      • Arken-Sire: Power Arken
    Core Concept
    • Mario is the illegitimate son of two fallen noble families and was consequently raised in Vultaro due to their tolerance of Silven. Mario has been promoted to the rank of General after studying at the Università delle arti Militari, and has adopted Evintarian Unionism as his religion. Now, Mario uses his Silven abilities and his military rank to make his soldiers into zealots in the service of the Regalian Empire.
    Proficiencies
    • Strength: 2
      • Duelist Pack
      • Tactician Pack
    • Constitution: 3
      • Protectorate Pack
      • Counterplay Pack
      • Ironheart Pack
    • Wisdom: 0
    • Dexterity: 6
      • Pickpocket Skill Pack
      • Disguise Skill Pack
      • Sleight of Hand Pack
      • Parkour Pack
      • Embargo Pack
      • Cortes Fame Pack
    • Magic: 0
    • Charisma: 3
      • State Leadership Pack
      • South Linguist Pack
      • Stupid Luck Pack
    Abilities
    • Silven (Lord Actualized)
    Languages
    • Common (Free)
    • Hellas (Native)
    • South Linguist Pack
    Appearance Information
    • Mario sports Tindarr-style tattoos along his arms and has scars on his back from when he was whipped by the State Metropolitan.
    • Mario stands at 6'1" and is of the "Sculpted" body shape; his brown hair is short or is worn in a ponytail.
    • Mario has no alternate forms.
    Life Story
    • Mario was born to Apollonia Tzavaras as the illegitimate son of Atilio Amaya.
    • Mario was turned over to a common cadet family in order to keep the walking reminder Apollonia Tzavaras' affair as far from the family's politics as possible. The name "Teomario" is a representation of House Tzavaras' religious devotion, insisting on giving their illegitimate child a religiously significant name, and the cadet family name "Blackiron" is a metaphor for their common status relative to his noble family members, who are referred to as "Blacksteel" by the cadet family.
    • Mario was sent to study at the Università delle arti Militari due to the Vultaro region's tolerance of Silven and proximity to the Amaya lands.
    • Upon graduation, Mario became a General and received a military commission in Daenshore at the start of the Ranger Crisis. He remained in Daenshore as a Province Captain at the end of the conflict. When his father slayed Alejandro Anahera, he returned to the Crown Isle to fight on the side of the Protectorate and reconnect with his real family. Due to his service, Mario was legitimized as the son of Atilio Amaya and assumed the name Florence Amaya.
    • Now, Mario resides in the Crown Isle. Following a failed bid for the office of Chancellor, Mario has retired from politics and now focuses exclusively on military achievements. He returned to the name Teomario Blackiron upon the Chancellor's recommendation to distance himself from his criminal past.
    You can write a paragraph Life Story underneath (right here), but the bullet point Life Story will be reviewed.

• Powerful Powerful x 5
    • Winner Winner x 4
    • Useful Useful x 1
    #1 Mad_Gadfly, Dec 15, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 5, 2022
  2. Manatee_

Manatee_ mouse

my beautiful baby boy

• Cuddles! Cuddles! x 2
  3. Caelamus

Caelamus Sir Honeybear the chronic druid main Supremium

Hello! I will be claiming this app for review!

4. Caelamus

I will be tentatively approving this with the stipulations that you should be cautious in referencing La Ganga or the Martinez in roleplay as anything attached to them would be hunted down by the State and executed, including their entire family/bloodline. You may use those things as a means to hook into the past, but you would be better off letting that history stay buried and pursue a different outlook in roleplay as all your characters thus far have aligned with the same ideologies on repeat. Try to avoid making a Lorenzo V2, v3 or v4. Do things differently.

5. Kibaa

Kibaa Regalian Senator

I’ve never been prouder

• Winner Winner x 1
  6. Mad_Gadfly

Mad_Gadfly ◢◤

Great news, @Caelamus!
    • I have made Florence compliant with the proficiency system rework. Requesting re-review!
    • The new proficiency limits gave me an opportunity to review which proficiencies I wanted to keep. Therefore, I removed a lot of proficiencies that did not make sense for the character and/or were too similar to past characters (including non-Daendroque ones). Florence now has more of a Monzon/businessman-focus rather than a political focus, as I originally intended but struggled to do until my return from hiatus. This new focus should help define him as a character unique from others I have played.
    • To comply more with Monzon lore, I removed Florence's studies at the School of Mariposa. Monzon Knights have a rivalry with them, so I did not think it made sense for Florence to study at the School of Mariposa without betraying the Monzon Order. I am emphasizing Florence's Knighthood (and the Monzon philosophy on wealth) more. Therefore, I replaced his training at the School of Mariposa with financial training in the Masaya.
      • I wrote El Gustazo, our in-game business, into Florence's backstory as a result of his new financial training proficiencies.
    • Florence is now a libertarian instead of "an authoritarian that finds loopholes to the law". The personality trait that made Florence look for legal loopholes made him too similar to Isidoro, so I have traded it for the Monzon attitudes towards the law now that the Code of the Golden Chalice has been released. This is part of an effort to make Florence a Knight character rather than a political character that happens to be a Knight.
    • I have expanded his life story to include some in-game events. I am using these in-game events as a justification/explanation for why Florence wants to be less involved in crime (Monzon Knights should serve mobs, not be mob bosses themselves). This should make Florence less similar to my first Daendroque character: Lorenzo Martinez.
    • I removed mentions of Jacobin beliefs in favor of Republicanism.
    Special thanks to everyone who reached out with feedback on how to make Florence more unique. I want to especially thank @canaaa and @FireFan96. Your advice on how to make Florence less similar to past characters and how to properly play a Knight has given me insight on how to structure the character application in a way that incorporates your advice.

Any further advice and constructive criticism on how to adapt the character is welcome, and in fact, encouraged. Simply send me a forum conversation.

7. Caelamus

Approved.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  8. Mad_Gadfly

Mad_Gadfly ◢◤

Minor Changes:
    • Removed Finance School due to new Knight rules.
    • Re-invested Finance School points into Rapier Combat.

9. Mad_Gadfly

Mad_Gadfly ◢◤

Minor Changes:
    • I made Florence into a pirate a while ago, but I never got around to updating his application. I took some proficiency points out of rapier combat and linguistics to give him a ship.

10. Mad_Gadfly

Mad_Gadfly ◢◤

@Caelamus I am requesting a re-review since I rewrote Florence (now Regalized to Florín) to be compatible with the new proficiency system, character application template, and knight lore. This means I had to overhaul the character concept almost completely, but I salvaged as much of his on-screen character development as possible.

11. Manatee_

Manatee_ mouse

my beautiful baby boy 2.0

• Cuddles! Cuddles! x 3
  12. Caelamus

Approved, with those stipulations still in tact.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Mad_Gadfly

Mad_Gadfly ◢◤

@Caelamus I updated the sheet to be compatible with the proficiency updates. Removed references to House Martinez and La Ganga.

14. Jouster

Jouster stutterer

Review.
    • Proficiencies
      • You have one too many point buy packs for Charisma. You have to remove one.
    That's all. Once you have rectified this, you look to be good for approval!

15. Mad_Gadfly

Mad_Gadfly ◢◤

You're right. Removed the State Commander Pack. Apologies for the oversight.

16. Jouster

Jouster stutterer

Everything looks fine now. Reapproved!

17. Mad_Gadfly

Mad_Gadfly ◢◤

Hey there!

Florence (now Mario) had been made into a Silven back in June because I thought it would be a great way to explain his revolutionary tendencies on-screen. However, the Freedom Silven was removed from the lore, so I made him into a Power Silven in order to explain his power-hungry tendencies and cult-like leadership instead. Since the Knight lore and System were removed, this character design became obsolete. I adjusted it to the next best thing, which was military lore. Many of the proficiencies I had chosen for the character were also substantively changed. I updated those too, to maintain the character's connection to Daenshore and better reflect the character's concept now that the lore is different. Mario's hair is now also fully white, as a representation of his extreme anxiety stemming from his backstory and on-screen history. The Martinez references are still entirely removed.

@Caelamus

#17 Mad_Gadfly, Sep 30, 2022
    Last edited: Sep 30, 2022
  18. ezalB

ezalB Student of Hydration

I would mention somewhere in here, or explicitly in Abilities, what flavor of Silven specifically you are. It’s basically only mentioned tangentially by the Special you have listed. Also, mentioning religion or the lack thereof in the Core Concept isn’t the worst idea.

That’s it though. @Tag me when you’re all set, and I’ll mark this approved!

Edit: Make sure to update with the new Proficiency Update as well!

#18 ezalB, Oct 3, 2022
    Last edited: Oct 4, 2022
  19. Mad_Gadfly

Mad_Gadfly ◢◤

Good points. I have included Mario’s Arken-sire, his religion, and updated the Melee proficiencies.

Thanks!

20. ezalB

ezalB Student of Hydration

Approved!

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1