Holy Inquest And Judgement - 5/16/309ac

Discussion in 'Player Events' started by festiveCorvid, May 16, 2021.

1. festiveCorvid

festiveCorvid Product of German Engineering Premium

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Spirit, how many are my foes? How many may rise against me? How many will say Humans cannot deliver?
    But you, Faith, are a shield for me. My Glory, the Glory of our Mankind, we call out to His will. The will and direction of Your Imperial Crown, vestige and body of your Imperial Will and Promise!
    We lay, we hunger, we eat, and we sleep. For the Spirit lifts us high and sustains us in our destiny. Arise ye Humans; be delivered by the Imperial Spirit. Strike our enemies and free the unknowing.

From the Spirit comes deliverance, may His Blessing be upon the Imperial folk and all Humans.
    [​IMG]

As of 5/16/309 AC, The Violet Order has passed authority over the punishment of Milo Shineski and Xeniya Wyrann to a board of the members of the clergy for the crimes of mass vandalism, vampirism, to be members of a criminal organization, to use aberrant powers without permission, and to harm others. This board will consist of Evintarin Cantor Abelhard Petrou, Nonnatanean Acolyte Nora Mornala, and Sancellist Curate Henry Stevenson, and will deliberate a moral and just punishment in an attempt to prevent further criminal activity and to have these two individuals be absolved for their crimes against the people of the City using the following process;

The Founding
    • In the initial stages of the inquest, the leader who is of the highest rank within their respective sect on the panel will announce the charges against the accused.
      • In the event of all members of the panel being of equal rank, it will be the member calling the panel together.
    The Proofing
    • After the Founding, the accused will speak aloud to the panel to either disprove the charges against them, or their reasoning behind the crimes they have committed in the event they cannot disprove it or do not make an effort to in an attempt to plead for leniency. One may not call witnesses without the express permission of the Clergy, as this is not a judicial trial, but rather, a testing of one's moral fiber.
    • During this time, the members of the Panel may request a pause in proceedings to inquire about the accused's dialogue, whether to clarify a matter or to bring up a point of redundancy.
      • If a redundancy is found or it is decided by the panel that the accused is stalling, they may vote with a majority of 2 individuals to end the proofing and move on to the adjudication. Vice versa, two members of the clergy may vote to end another's inquiry should it be seen as redundant.
    The Adjudication
    • After the proofing, the panel will deliberate and deliver a final verdict through either the highest ranked member of the clergy or through a mutually agreed speaker. Clergy may make individual final statements on the crime at this time, as well, before the punishment is carried out.
    [​IMG]

OOC Info:
    What is it?: A holy inquest. Sort of like a trial.
    Where is it?: The assembly hall of Greygate Prison. Do /tp Prison and walk in.
    When is it?: May 20th, 6 PM EST.
    Who is Invited?: Anyone of legal good standing that can enter Greygate without being arrested.
    Tags: @Plt_Hasagi @SaltyLikeTheSea @FireFan96 @Raeris

• Winner Winner x 10
    • Powerful Powerful x 5
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. bwmwags3

bwmwags3 Refugee

Spirit, do not cast me aside in Your anger, or discipline me in Your wrath. I surrender myself. Have mercy on me, for I am faint, and have been in past lives in deep anguish, long suffering,’ prayed the Feka-asha before pausing at the creak of the chapel door.

Turning to the noise, a notice would be quickly passed to his hands by an apologizing servant. He would read it and give the servant a nod.

“My thanks, now return to your duties. I shall give thanks to the Spirit for us both for this righteous event. Oratario Ode.”

“Ortario Ode”, the servant returned before exiting.

• Immersive Immersive x 1