Whistledown's Advice Paper #1

Discussion in 'Regalian Roleplay' started by Maeovika, May 6, 2021.

1. Maeovika

Maeovika Maeovika

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Once more...

Love is what defines us, in family and in friends. Many courtships tend to fail nowadays, why is that? Outside factors perhaps? The judgement, the shame? Many, many outside factors affect courtships, it is just the matter of whether the bond you have created is strong enough to last.

In today’s newspaper, I will be answering some commonly asked questions from the peerage.

On another note, those who have sent me what I have asked for or asked for meetings are shining in my eyes. That willingness to be able to participate really makes my heart warm, and with that, I thank you. Apart from one person, you know who you are: “Smiley”.
    [​IMG]

What if I do not find someone this season?

Then it is alright, love is not to be rushed. All I ask is that you at least attempt to find someone; whether that be through your own means or attending my events. The events I host have meanings to each of them, and the one I am hosting on the twenty-first of May is to show the person you have been paired with your true colours. The part of /you/ that they can expect in marriage, not some bad chocolate in a pretty golden wrapper. Be yourself, it is better to find someone that accepts you (in a political marriage or not) than for someone to lie straight to your face.

[​IMG]

Do You Like Someone? But Are Not Sure What To Do?

If you do have an interest in someone, then you for the most part are lucky. Many people in our esteemed peerage do not take an interest in many for years and so if you have sights for someone, then pursue them. You can come to me whenever so we can have a look at our option together, and create ideas for you to get to know each other better. Your options are plentiful, you just have to find the correct person.

[​IMG]

What Makes Our Singles Attractive?

That is my job to decide but everyone has their own preference, and I can not say what a person likes. I can, however, judge people on my own opinion of them. But for me, what makes someone attractive; is showing kindness. Kindness to other people or other living things such as animals and plants. The brightest smiles can influence thousands, or that one special person. Though, a good fashion sense does help at times too.
    My job is to make the singles of the peerage attractive, and a good dress and a good suit can change everything about a person. An award winning smile too. I personally love nature themed outfits: Lots of bright colours and small details of flowers. That will get you high on the list.

[​IMG]

What If I Am Not On The List?

Then that is very simple. You can come to me for a meeting, send me a letter or ask your house head to pen me a letter of your name, age, title, race and culture in that order. Not sure if you are, then simply come and ask me. I am always open, and hope that you all are comfortable with speaking to me.

[​IMG]

Whistledown’s Closing Statements

Some may think I am soft and I have had many people say that “I will be taken advantage of”. But, I am the Imperial Mistress of Whistledown and my kindness will not be taken for granted. I am happy to help, but incompetence and refusal to follow certain tasks and rules shall not be tolerated. It is simple to follow, and punishments will be given out to repeated offenders.

Kindness shall be given to those who deserve it.

Much appreciated,

[​IMG]

Natharia Mac Conall
    Mistress of Whistledown
    Duchess Of Verness

The Tenth Penny Owner

[​IMG]

• Winner Winner x 8
    • Powerful Powerful x 1
  2. Wumpatron

Wumpatron Das Wump

"Huh. You know for talk of love and other things as opposed to politics makes me wonder for all the formalities and struggles. I mean, if they are deciding on love then it makes this sort of thing moot. After all, it is us commoners that do things for love and pity the nobility for their codified honor and court politics."

The Kathar mage read over the paper to Vollaeia, his Greatsword, who hovered nearby, offering a sequence of blue flashes and sparks along the length of her blade in response to him.

"Perhaps you are right. Maybe they have gotten soft. Good for them, though, why should politics matter for this. After all, we've managed to see every sort of bloodline and lineage come up. Why shouldn't they spread out the gene pool more."

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Cuddles! Cuddles! x 1
  3. Arganam

Arganam Lord Brandt von Eisner

Brandt von Eisner reads through the missive, scoffs and shakes his head, sighs, then walks away.

4. bwmwags3

bwmwags3 Refugee

"I like this one she has good ideas. Exactly what I would want if i was peearage. A chance at love, after all a Asha marriage is for life better not be an unhappy one" noted Dr. Atum

• Cuddles! Cuddles! x 1