Played Character Dante T. Tremaux

Discussion in 'Character Sheets' started by SignoreScafuto, Oct 11, 2019.

1. SignoreScafuto

SignoreScafuto MassiveCraft's token ethnic

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

“The Everwatch soars above you, displaying to you its eternal glories, and still your eyes are upon the ground.”

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

“I do not go in search of poetry. I wait for poetry to visit me.”

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

✤ Full Name: Dante Josep-Maria “Danny” de Sallevier-Tyrannian.
    • Aliases: Lukaas Vanderkant, Maissimen Digne, Dirk Ruijters.
    • Current Identity: Dante Tremaux.
    ✤ Race: Ailor Ithanian (Tolonne)-Anglian.
    ✤ Age: Twenty-five.
    ✤ Sex: Male.
    ✤ Gender: Cisgender.
    ✤ Sexuality: Truly only the most persuasive and sensual of philosophies & poetry.
    ✤ Eye Color: Dark pastel blue.
    ✤ Occult: N/A.
    ✤ Core Concept: Dante is a Tolonne Dogmatic Unionist Villiers Knight steeped in the teachings of the bygone Dogartan Unionists, hoping to 'fix' the Empire by restoring it to a simpler time free of vices and corruption.

[​IMG]

“It’s even more of a torture not to work, than to work.”

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

✤ Total Points: 14
    • Strength: 7 (7 Point Buy)
      • Technique Parry
      • Knockback Sweep
      • Concussive Blow
      • Battle Flurry
      • Unyielding Strike
      • Diving Tackle
      • Weapon Throw
    • Constitution: 0
      • Familiar Disrupt (Ailor Traits)
    • Wisdom: 0
    • Dexterity: 0
    • Arcane: 0
    • Faith: 7 (7 Point Buy)
      • Divine Defense
      • Divine Wrath
      • Divine Savior
      • Divine Aggro
      • Divine Blessing
      • Divine Aura
      • Divine Smite
      • Exorcism
    ✤ Ability Information
    • Strength Abilities
      • Technique Parry
      • Knockback Sweep
      • Concussive Blow
      • Battle Flurry
      • Unyielding Strike
      • Diving Tackle
      • Weapon Throw
    • Faith Abilities
      • Divine Defense
      • Divine Wrath
      • Divine Aggro
      • Divine Blessing
      • Divine Aura
      • Divine Smite
      • Exorcism
    ✤ Languages
    • Common
    • Anglisch
    • Lëtz
    • d'Ithanie
    • Calem
    [​IMG]

“A beautiful body perishes, but a work of art dies not.”

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

✤ Appearance
    • Dante has no physical abnormalities or Mutations.
    • Dante is a six-foot-two man, fairly well built with messy hair somewhat combed back, dark pastel blue eyes, light complexion. He is either dressed in a grey-brown tunic, a black leather vest that stops at his upper torso, black trousers that start below his cummerbund, a red-gold cummerbund, red-black bracers, rust-colored socks, and brown boots, or a set of armor adorned with a cape emblazoned with the Villiers symbol of a fleur-de-lis.
    [​IMG]

“I would much rather have men ask why I have no statue than why I have one.”

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    ✤ Childhood | 0-10
    • Dante Tyrannian was born in a small city in Basta to Tiberius Tyrannian and Eisabeu Tremaux Tyrannian. Dante was an extroverted kid and spent much of his time playing around with other kids in the city. His father grilled him into being a true follower of faith seeing as Tiberius was a devout Unionist and Villiers-Eclaire. Tiberius, hoping his service to the Church and Duke de Gosselin would be awarded land, attempted to steer Dante's path of success towards that of knighthood. Tiberius spent a significant amount of money to send Dante to the Villiers Monastery at the age of seven. Dante instantly grew to love it and spent his time among his peers, earning friends and training hard as a page.
    ✤ Early Adulthood | 11-21
    • Dante’s life for the next thirteen years could more or less be summarized by learning knightly skills. He was an avid learner and took a sense of passion in his training and fervor. His mother would write to him and encourage Dante to soar to greater heights than he himself imagined possible. She also introduced him to his favorite new past-time, that would persist past his knightly training: poetry. Dante quickly picked up on the art of poetry as well as philosophy, and these two hobbies truly enshrined the absolute divinity of Unionism to himself, often drafting pieces of poetry in the style of love letters to the Holy Spirit, or engaging in philosophical debates between fellow Villiers. It helped that his knightly mentor, Charles de Gaultier, was a Tolonne subculture of Ithanian himself and introduced the concept of Troubadourism to young Dante, often joining in on his poetry readings and instilling a mostly Tolonne identity into him. His mother truly was the other side of the coin to Tiberius, in that Tiberius was focused on martial prowess, whereas his mother encouraged him to have reverence for that which is holy and respect his code. Things took a turn for the better towards the end of his time at the Carainthais Academy, where he eventually left after attaining the rank of Man-at-Arms. He roamed the Tuillère countryside in the Archipelago, taking up quests from the poor and downtrodden and generally being a man of humbleness and piety where he went, picking up his feline companion on his adventures there.
    ✤ Later Life | 22-25
    • Hearing of his Primaes sudden move on the Ithanian Sovereignty, he went on the second wave of knights, not having been included in the initial attacks, aiming to serve his order with pride. Here he was promoted for his services as a dutiful Villiers-Eclaire knight to the rank of Sergeant. However, not long into being stationed in Ithania, he was recalled by his patriarch to come to assist the House Tyrannian in their noble affairs in the Empire’s capital. Seeing a brief stint as Co-Secretary of Finance and the leader of a tax organization formed by his aunt, also the Secretary of Finance, he enjoyed a relatively peaceful time in the capital, mostly just doing paperwork. However, after falling from nobility, the Tyrannians faced a summons from then-Lord Chancellor Delmotte over their family dealings as nobility. Seeing this as flippant, they left the city with all their wealth and settled in one of the distant colonies abroad, hiding their identities as the aristocratic Ruijters family. Here, Dante grew tired of the rather mundane goings-on of the Essalonian colonies where his family had set up a cushy life for themselves, mostly spending his time delving into the history of the world and immersing himself in it. It was in the Colonies that he grew to be a near-extremist Dogartan in his faith, hating the politics that forced his family out here, but also partly his family itself as he witnessed the heavy wealth gap between his exiled kin and the rest of the dirt poor colonists, reinforced by what he viewed as disgusting decadence of the Hirves of Ithania. This burning feeling and self-hatred eventually drew the young troubadour back to the city of Regalia with the intention of attempting to remedy the excesses at the heart of the nation he held so dear all while bearing a smile.

• Powerful Powerful x 5
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Cuddles! Cuddles! x 1
    #1 SignoreScafuto, Oct 11, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 19, 2023
  2. SignoreScafuto

Updates:
    • October 10th, 2019
      • Posted initial application.
    • October 31st, 2019
      • Updated life story and relevant points.
    • April 8th, 2020 (3:52 AM PST))
      • Reworked the entire application.
      • He is now a Villiers-Eclaire Knight alongside having graduated as a General.
      • Redid application aesthetics.
      • Reflected backstory updates with proficiency point updates.
    • April 8th, 2020 (1:37 PM PST)
      • Minor grammar, spelling, and formatting tweaks.
    • April 30th, 2021 (8:53 PM PST)
      • Updated to current Proficiency rework, modified backstory to accommodate the rework, and adjusted why he returned to Regalia.
      • Added having attended a Sancellist College to receive ordainment as a Sancellist Curate, as well as the Door-Inner Huis College to become a decent orator and preacher.
    • October 28th, 2021 (8:23 PST)
      • The three required Proficiency points for attending his approved schools were never added to his proficiencies, so that was amended.
      • Updated outdated terminology stemming from the Unionist update.
      • Changed his mothers last name and tweaked his reason to return to the city.
      • Goes by his mothers last name now.
    • January 4th, 2022 (12:24 PST)
      • Redid Proficiencies.
      • Updated Format to current standard.
      • Reworked backstory to only have attended the Villiers-Eclaire school, and modified his later life.
    • October 12th, 2022 (4:48 CST)
      • Updated Proficiencies to the current system.
      • Adjusted his culture from Anglian-Tolonne to Anglian-Ithanian (Tolonne).
      • Switched from the old two-sentence Core Concept format to the current format.
      • Added an expansion of his beliefs and some backstory Proficiency explanations in this color.
    • November 23rd, 2022 (7:30 CST)
      • Removed Hotiere pack and three points from Wisdom.
      • Added one point to Strength and took the Warrior pack.
      • Added one point to Constitution and took the Protectorate pack.
      • Added one point to Charisma and took the Trampling pack.
      • Added and removed all respective abilities gained & lost.
    • December 6th, 2022 (10:07 CST)
      • Removed State Dignitary pack and replaced with Diplomat pack in light of the Society/Scholar rework.
    • December 25th, 2022 (5:20 CST)
      • Updated application to have his mother of the Tremaux family.
    • July 12th, 2023 (6:52 CST)
      • Updated to current Proficiency rework, switched to a mixed Paladin and Bruiser build.

#2 SignoreScafuto, Oct 11, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 13, 2023
  3. Rochelle_

Rochelle_ not-so-hidden dragon

Hello! I'm claiming this application for review! Expect a response shortly!

4. Rochelle_

Review incoming, stay back!
    • Your app is all fine and dandy, you're Approved!

5. SignoreScafuto

Updated life story and adjusted points! @Rochelle_

6. Rochelle_

Thanks for the tag, still approved!

7. SignoreScafuto

Looking for a new Staff reviewer after having reworked the entire application.

• Useful Useful x 1
  8. Caelamus

Caelamus Sir Honeybear the chronic druid main

• Winner Winner x 1
  9. SignoreScafuto

• April 30th, 2021 (8:53 PM PST)
      • Updated to current Proficiency rework, modified backstory to accommodate the rework, and adjusted why he returned to Regalia.
      • Added having attended a Sancellist College to receive ordainment as a Sancellist Curate, as well as the Door-Inner Huis College to become a decent orator and preacher.
    @Caelamus

10. Caelamus

Approved.

11. SignoreScafuto

As a courtesy notice, I never added the three points that each schooling pack Dante was approved for to his proficiency spread, so I fixed that. I only added six points in Linguistics, removed Tolonne as its no longer a canon language, added Ithanian & Calem, and updated some old terminology resulting from the Unionist update!
    @Caelamus

12. Caelamus

Approved.

• Winner Winner x 1
  13. Caelamus

I'll be putting this back into review for various reasons, oversight mostly on my part because I am not as familiar with knight lore as other members of Lore Staff.
    Knights should not be attending schools given they are knights and should ideally be focusing more on their own insular studies to their order. This may also include religious schooling. The character should be more focused on protecting priests than becoming one themselves.

Equally since I can't see the full edit history. I would like to clarify you can't be a Villiers and a General. Being a knight restricts a character to being solely a knight and I cannot tell what they were actually prior, so I will be locking them in as a Villiers, this cannot be changed in the future.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  14. SignoreScafuto

Does this apply to all schools or just schooling packs, to clarify?
    The Command and Performance schooling packs were mostly for backstory flavor and I didn’t intend to utilize them so I’m fine removing them! I would however ask if there’s any way to keep his Celate training, as there’s definitely others who have approved Villiers-Celates?

15. Caelamus

[​IMG]
    This was also an oversight on my part because as I said prior, I am not familiar with Knight lore as I am other aspects.

16. SignoreScafuto

Thank you for answering my questions, I appreciate you coming back over to make sure I was lore compliant! I understand however that there is a Knight rewrite in the works, and I'd like to ask the app be rejected until the rewrite comes out so I can just make one single edit, thank you.

17. Caelamus

I was about to suggest that actually, I'll just leave it in review-in-progress. Just ping me whenever you're done.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  18. FireFan96

FireFan96 Ever present, Ever seeing Staff Member Lore2

@Atiquizaya There is no eta on the Knight Update, and since from what I recall this character is going to become a Rettist (Celate-Knight), it may be better to just stick to the current Villiers lore and be a lay-priest until those details are worked on sometime in early 2022.

If by chance you've shelved the character, just let us know here.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. SignoreScafuto

Hi, with @FireFan96 's helpful update, I have completed the changes @Caelamus has asked of me. Hopefully everything should be in order. I left a little log in the first reply to my app and in this post below:

January 4th, 2022 (12:24 PST)
    • Redid Proficiencies.
    • Updated Format to current standard.
    • Reworked backstory to only have attended the Villiers-Eclaire school, and modified his later life.

20. Caelamus

I'm going to approve it, though I do want to say that maybe in the future whenever this needs to be re-reviewed or you feel like updating it, that you might want to clarify their faith a bit more or elaborate the real extent of it since their entire niche is based on religion and that's something I feel you should capitalize on more. Though never the less, kind of a nitpicky thing, it's clarified well enough as is and the general expectation is that you portray him with a devout sense of faith.

• Powerful Powerful x 1
  21. SignoreScafuto

@Caelamus
    I was itching to play Dante recently and updated his app to the current standard:

October 12th, 2022 (4:48 CST)
    • Updated Proficiencies to the current system.
    • Adjusted his culture from Anglian-Tolonne to Anglian-Ithanian (Tolonne).
    • Switched from the old two-sentence Core Concept format to the current format.
    • Added an expansion of his beliefs and some backstory Proficiency explanations in this color.

#21 SignoreScafuto, Oct 12, 2022
    Last edited: Oct 12, 2022
  22. Caelamus

23. SignoreScafuto

@Caelamus Minor proficiency tweaking. Didn't make sense for him to have so much Wisdom so I reallocated it into other things.
    November 23rd, 2022 (7:30 CST)
    • Removed Hotiere pack and three points from Wisdom.
    • Added one point to Strength and took the Warrior pack.
    • Added one point to Constitution and took the Protectorate pack.
    • Added one point to Charisma and took the Trampling pack.
    • Added and removed all respective abilities gained & lost.

24. Caelamus

Remains approved.

25. SignoreScafuto

@Caelamus
    December 6th, 2022 (10:07 CST)
    • Removed State Dignitary pack and replaced with Diplomat pack in light of the Society/Scholar rework.

26. Caelamus

Remains approved.

27. SignoreScafuto

@Caelamus December 25th, 2022 (5:20 CST)
    • Updated application to have his mother of the Tremaux family.