Observing Grief

Discussion in 'Regalian Roleplay' started by Acosmism, Apr 29, 2021.

1. Acosmism

Acosmism Sugar Parental Unit

From the desk of a woman once deemed heartless, now with tears in her eyes, a solemn paper surfaces in the Undercity with grave significance. In between the lines of careful cursive, there is no anger, no bitterness or resentment, but a true sadness held totally and utterly impossible.
    [​IMG]
    Let me state first and foremost that this notice comes from my heart, as stained as it may appear, and is if no opinion of any Court or Council I may be involved with. It is simply me.

My heavy heart rests in the fact that Ayas will not have to run anymore. It has swollen for him, awaiting to burst with the consequences of his actions, and now I find that its impact was larger than what I had first expected; a flash flood. I know Ayas did many things that grieved Crookback. He put me through hell on Aloria sometimes. But it always was resolved, and drew back to not only our kinship, but our friendship.

Ayas was more than another sanguine that I deemed I had responsibility for, to protect. Ayas was my friend, and now yet another one bites the dust. Never in all my years have I lost so many friends in the span of one measly year than now in Regalia. Two murdered by the hands of angry Sihndar blinded by rage, one by the state, and now Ayas. I’m unsure how much longer I can bear any more death.

I write this now not for pity. Pity won’t do anything, and it won’t help Sanguine move forward from this revelation. I write this as a reminder that I do still care, and I want to ensure that it is known that I will make sure not a single Sanguine in my line of sight passes again. Whether it is the consequences of their own actions or another, death won’t cannot and will not make a comeback. Now what this means, I don’t know yet. Monitoring behavior, long, tiring nights of bargaining, or simple protection; whatever the case, it will get done. My desire is not to go against the militia, I’m too tired for that and I don’t see it going well for my people. I just can’t ha- I don’t want more death, whether necessary or unnecessary. That is all.

Upyress Mirabella Wymarc of the Athanasia Scion
    The Dionaea Embrace

• Powerful Powerful x 24
  2. MrNoot1

MrNoot1 Let there be Noot

A metal masked figure sat about upon a bit of the remains of Old Crookback, having a cigarette in hand as he smoke from time to time. However, he'd read upon a copy of the notice before speaking to himself. "Mayhaps I have been unfair to them.. but their reign of terror.. their Vampiric Bloodline, will not spread for any longer. Whether I do things on my own or with the Orchid is of my own decision. For now, mourn your losses, for they won't be the first." He'd then allow the copy of the notice to blow away into the water, sitting to enjoy the ocean breeze.