Rally For A New Council

Discussion in 'Regalian Roleplay' started by Testlo, Apr 16, 2021.

1. Testlo

Testlo Terry Seattle

It is probably the case that the news has spread beyond Crookback that the Council Headquarters was partially burned down. I write this to claim responsibility for the actions, as well as to outline my motives. First, however, I must apologize for having resorted to such an extreme measure. You must try to understand that the people of Crookback only understand one language: strength. I did what I did because it was the only way to send the message.

The Crookback Council is not representative of the will or interests of the majority of Crookback residents. Though I wholeheartedly support the idea of the Crookback Council, I believe that power has been concentrated among a clique of people who have lost touch with the real people of Crookback. In many ways, the Crookback Council has been infiltrated by noble intrigue. The Crookback Council now only serves its own interests rather than those of the State or of the residents of Crookback. The Council members have been using their positions as political leverage to advance their own ambitions, and not necessarily what is needed.

Thus, in protest, I set fire to the Council Headquarters. This was not supposed to completely destroy the space, but rather symbolically cleanse the institution of its corruption so that it can start anew. Sometimes, even the most powerful people in Crookback, such as the Crookback Council, need to be reminded that they are vulnerable should they neglect the interests of the people for too long.

For this reason, and in order to start fresh, I call upon the politics of the Crown Isle to consider our petition. We have come to these ideas after a long process of deliberation, and they are unanimous. Let it be known that I am officially requesting elections for new members of the Crookback Council, and for the Noble Assembly to open elections for a new Crookback Representative. All Crookback residents should be able to vote in these elections. This way the Council will return to being in touch with its purpose: to keep the Crookback population satisfied so that they cooperate with the Empire, rather than against it.

Spirit Guide,

- Tony.

• Powerful Powerful x 14
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  2. Grimmsome

Grimmsome mr. blue sky (living here today)

A letter would be pinned up by a certain hot-blooded Manathar, the writing scratchy, however certainly legible.

"For how much you're inflating your actions of 'protest' here, you barely even did any damage. The first floor was what, moderately scorched up? If this is meant to be some kind of metaphor for your movement, you could've at least tried a little harder, lest someone get the idea that the point you're making is as half-baked as your attempt to supposedly cleanse the building of it's corruption.

You're underestimating the residents you're trying to preach to. If you're going to criticize the council for being out of touch, maybe actually talk to someone who lives here before you do something idiotic for little purpose other than being a nuisance."

"PS: If you're meant to be 'for' Crookback, I would think you'd at least reconsider using fire to make your point out of all things. It isn't like hundreds of Crookback residents died a couple months back from a gigantic pyre that flooded the buildings of Crookback, or anything. With the coldest regards, Maelstrom."

• Powerful Powerful x 15
  3. Lizmun

Lizmun yeah Staff Member Lore2

Abigail, a council member, was stirred from her opium haze and her nap to be given a copy of the notice. Still groggy, half asleep, and lounging upon a comfortable couch with another, she dignified the post with a scrawled out response in charcoal before waving away the courier who'd delivered her the paper. She returned to her listless decadence and lounging shortly there after. The response was posted below one of the original missives:

Tony,

If you get out of this with your head, come party with me some time. You sound stressed.

Love,
    Abigail Tucker
    Mistress of Entertainment for the Crookback Council

• Powerful Powerful x 5
  4. Wumpatron

Wumpatron Das Wump

Charles Kholvunar, the wandering Kathar warrior mage gave his opinion rather flatly, as he did for most of these things.

"It's a slum. The government couldn't care less what goes on, if you don't like it I guess do what you did and then some? At the end of the day, no one cares. Least I don't expect them to."

He'd shrug his shoulders, blue extricity running along his face. He wasn't sure what else he was meant to say.

5. Acosmism

Acosmism Sugar Parental Unit

A monster of a woman resided deep within the confines of the sewers, safely blanketed in a warm and damp environment of corruption in every possible sense of the word. As a slithering predator wriggled its way along the walls, a snake once white now stained with ichor red, so too did the Dionaea’s Embrace wrap its clutch around the parchment recently delivered to her. Rumbling from her chest emitted a deep, low, and dominating chuckle, which captured the attention of Droseraceae in the room, who too chuckled along in unease until she read it aloud for all to hear. Finishing up, she added her own inflated opinion, as a lesson taught to those who may not know better.

Ah, yes. ‘...the people of Crookback only understand one language: strength.’ What an amusing way of subtly calling us intellectually challenged, no? You see, my dearest possessions, the people of the world do not understand what we truly need. We do not desire the flames of the unjust and the wrath of the heathens. Though we ourselves may very well be heathens in every sense of the term, there is more to be done than to light the pyres and burn the night. No, we will watch them from afar, as stars who too burn in an inky covering of safety.

“‘I did what I did because it was the only way to send the message.’ That sounds awfully defeatist, especially for an individual who didn’t even bother to try a different method. Words get you far, why is it that the Regalian population find it harder and harder to use their words with each passing day?

The Crookback Council is not representative of the will or interests of the majority of Crookback residents.’ Odd. I am wondering if he asked any of you. You, my precious Droseraceae, were any of you asked for an opinion? Even once? By this man, let alone anyone? No, this man is not representative of our opinion on the Crookback Council.

“‘Thus, in protest, I set fire to the Council Headquarters.’ Lesser be the name of he who covers up a half-failure (which, I would argue is worse than a fully claimed failure) with a self-proclamation of justice and action. A half baked attempt at liberation, liberation our people do not even want.

The Crookbackians are tired, and worn. They do not want another revolution. And if any of them do, damned be they to a path of chaotic misery. They will not find peace in the flame, oh no, they are the moths that are drawn to it without a will to turn back.

“‘Let it be known that I am officially requesting elections for new members of the Crookback Council…’ Ah -- there is one problem here. It doesn’t seem they possess the proper authority to do so. It seems with this new Regency, commoners are getting awfully bold. But! Who am I to assume? It may very well be possible, but that fact is perhaps one of the saddest things you’ll hear today. Keep the Nobles in power, because obviously their people don’t know how to act.

As she finished her long winded statement with a rolling chortle, she from her throne did rise of entropy, to walk along a path paved by cadavers

@War_pig @SaltyLikeTheSea @tinykenzie @FirelightMLPOC

• Powerful Powerful x 3
    • Educated Educated x 1
  6. Gwyndo

Gwyndo Scottish Egg

"Looks like someone's gonnae be havin' a wee square go." Morrigan chimed, brows raised in interest.

He had little else to say on the matter, merely commenting from the side-lines. Conflict, how fun.

7. Athelois

Athelois visceral bitch

Valarosta sat leaned back in the chair of the Council Tower, just across from the marginally charred Militia towers, with her cheek in her hand as she read over the announcement.
    "Well, searching seems to be unnecessary, given he announced and took credit for it. You know what to do," she uttered blandly across the desk, burgundy gaze rising to fix upon Alban and Harlow in particular.
    "I pity those that do not pay attention. When was the last time the Violets raided the Undercity? When was the last time the threat of razing Crookback to get to one singular person levied?"
    The Suvial's eyes flit across to the other members of the Council, a wry smile curling at her lips. "Oh, dear, it looks like every single one of you that actively lives here and were hand-picked for the sake of your interactions within the community are out of touch."
    Up the Duchess rose, to pace toward the balcony and stare out over the square. "No, the ones that are out of touch are the ones that utilise fire after we lost so many lives to the callousness of those particular knights," Valarosta continued, brows slowly sloping into a scowl. "Let it be known: it is open season. I want this cretin on his knees in my office - whether it be by Militia hands or a citizen of Crookback. Whoever brings him to me will be greatly rewarded."
    She turned back toward the Council members present, expression having fallen back into a deadpan. "He wants a display of strength? He will get one."
    @Birdsfoot_Violet @notjayp @fantuinn @sonofthestars @Lizmun @BiBiBirdie

• Powerful Powerful x 9
  8. GRIST_

GRIST_ The Antagonist Premium

A letter was plaster underneath.

Dear, "tony",

You are taking foolish actions that will not solve the problem you intend to fix. I propose instead a different problem to which we then can find a solution,

Why do we need the Crookback Council?

The idea of the council stems from a decision that its people had no part in. To fight for us in the proceedings of the assembly yet, in the time of its existence I have not noted an idea that came from the people of Crookback itself that has passed through the assembly and been implemented. I implore the citizens of Crookback to think truly about the idea of the council and how it is run. For I don't believe it has any goals that align with its citizens.

The proof lies with its willingness to crush anyone who speaks against it.

Signed,
    Hessolis

• Powerful Powerful x 8
  9. notjayp

notjayp aye

"Two birds with one stone. Brilliant."

Alban smiles, looking past the minimal charring of his tower to begin planning.

10. War_pig

War_pig Twin-Flames Reform Camp Graduate

@Acosmism @SaltyLikeTheSea @tinykenzie @FirelightMLPOC

Ailred listened carefully to the Upyress’ address, speaking once she had finished “Pathetic form of mimicry... we all know Petal Court will have always burned brighter, and to think he has any say in when all he can muster is a failed attempt to light a candle... I’ll prepare the kin for a hunt. We’ll get to him first.”

• Powerful Powerful x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. sonofthestars

sonofthestars chaotic stupid

━━━━━━ ◦ ❖ ◦ ━━━━━━
    @Testlo
    TO THE IDIOCY-RIDDLED MAN KNOWN AS ‘TONY’

What the fuck.

I’d like to first ask you, straight-up, did you actually speak to any one of us before deciding to ‘affect change’ by setting fire to one of our buildings?

Did you speak to the Duchess Ino-Femunn in her office, as is her job, to air your grievances and work towards a solution? Even once, did you consider using words before tinder?

You walked up to someone’s home, someone’s livelihood, set fire to it in the night, walked away, and then told them to get out because you, a non-resident of the Undercity, want them gone.

I know where you live, Tony.

It is not within the walls of Crookback.

You are a liar, a vicious inflation of ego and importance that deserves to be utterly deflated by whichever means necessary. Before you next call for revolution, come down from your high horse long enough to actually look around and read the room.

To that note.

I, as a member of the Crookback Council, am authorizing a further reward given to any who brings the man known as ‘Tony’ to our offices:

The Argent Court will render its services to you in whichever way you see fit as a one-time voucher of favor, with little to no questions asked.

I woke up this morning expecting to look for some rats who wanted to see some smoke. Instead, you thrust yourself upon the stake like some shrike’s plaything.

How utterly disappointing.

When you die, I hope you do it with dignity.

Disrespectfully,

Cecil Riv’ensteel

Crookback Councilman

King of the Argent Court

Militiaman under Alban Koning

12. festiveCorvid

festiveCorvid Product of German Engineering Premium

A drowsy brute of an Avanthar woke from his slumber, going through the motions of preparing for the day, before grabbing a cup of coffee and moving to sit in the grand seat in front of his hearth. A meek servant boy, draped in plain, black cloth which was so common in the Etosian lands approached, laying the day's news and briefing in front of the man as he forked a heaping lump of barley gruel and porridge into his mouth, a brow perking. "There was a fire in Crookback, your High Grace. The Arsonist denounced the Council" the boy said. Abelhard would pause for a moment, huffing as he took the declaration in hand. "..Of course there was- Oh. Splendid, they're turning on themselves. They are aware the Crookback Council is the only thing that keeps us from marching regiments of guards into the slums and rounding the cretins up" he'd inquire in a rhetorical fashion, waving the boy off as he continued his morning breakfast. "Maybe with the incoming brawl coming up, they'll be distracted enough for me to figure out who tried to murder me.." the Avanthar hissed, making his goals a note to himself for the next week.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  13. fantuinn

fantuinn most honest biped in athens Staff Member Lore2

A response is pinned to the notice.
    Hello, I'm Harlow Ketch. I'm the owner of the desk you burned, as well as the contents inside of it and the books opposite to it. I'm not a Councilman, and despite how I act I don't run the Militia either. I'm just a worker, who was born and raised within Crookback and Old Town. Obviously, what you've done here has hurt me more personally than it hurt our Commander, Alban, whose desk was actually two floors above mine. I had requested my desk be put on the first floor so that I could meet the first people that walked into the Militia's tower with an offer to help them.

I'll start with an apology. I know everyone and their mothers have already given their thoughts on this, but I had slept in late thanks to staying up late dealing with the charring of my office. You really scared my dogs, after all. But what I've noticed in this is a lot of destructive criticism; tearing down your points, calling you stupid, so on, so forth. And as righteous as that criticism may be, perhaps to best get to you I'll need to be constructive. That way, if you can try to revolt again, it'll be a better experience for yourself and the people around you! Crookback and its faculties are all about free will, after all. It's your free will to break the few laws we set and your free will to start a revolt.

First of all, any good revolution should be started with research! There are a lot of good things to dig at the council with. You could mention that it took quite awhile for the laws to be fixed for the Sacrosankt, or that Alban is an especially violent person when ticked off. There's many, many things that are all good approaches for revolting against the Council! In this case, you've sort-of vaguely said the power's consolidated among people you don't like. That doesn't seem really fair, as the Council still has open spots, which you could've filled yourself if you were out and about in Crookback enough. Hell, Cecil was recently brought in with his Argent Court. Non-violent protest could very easily bring change to what you think is a problem.

Secondly, the best of revolutions are led by a recognizable face. In doing my investigation, I found that hardly anyone in Crookback actually knows you. You're distant to everyone, and with how this letter ended and the exact actions you took, it feels like you've never even spoke to most of the people of Crookback. I'll remind you here, though, that the last iteration of Crookback was burned to the ground with fire. Many people of Crookback lost their homes, their friends, or Gods forbid their families. Now that we have New Crookback, it feels... silly, to be the voice of the people while burning things and bringing up bad memories, right?

This is more of an extension of my last point, but research is really important. You aimed for the wrong building. The office you charred was my Militia office, not a Council building. The Council building is down the field to the left. And, when you go about burning something, you should start from the top of the building, not the bottom. Smoke travels up, so you start with the top floor and let it collapse into the ones under it, rather than starting at the bottom and choking yourself to death. Though, because of what I said before, I wouldn't recommend really burning anything. Have you considered graffiti? It really does get a message across! Oh, before I forget; Spirit Guide isn't the best conclusion to a notice about burning things either, since the people who burned the last Crookback were mostly Unionist too.

I think the last thing I'd like to say is that I, personally, am more frustrated with you than the Council is. I'm not the person you laid your sights on when you did this, but I'm the one that got hurt the most. In my desk, I had a notebook of all my writing exercises. Not only were they a good reminder of a friend I no longer see often, but they were a marker of progress. I'm learning to write, so I don't have to keep relying on people to record my voice like they're doing now. But I think the worst part is that under that notebook, there was a sketch of my older brothers, Nelson and Zachariah, and a letter from my sister, Annabel. I kept the sketch there so I wouldn't forget their faces now that they've moved away, and I kept that letter to remind myself of Annabel now that she's in Maraisburke. I think it's a real, terrible shame that I'm going to forget their faces and jests now because you didn't set your sights right in what to burn.

But don't worry! You can take comfort in the fact that when I come to burn you, I won't miss.

• Powerful Powerful x 17
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Educated Educated x 1
    #13 fantuinn, Apr 16, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2021
  14. Mad_Gadfly

Mad_Gadfly ◢◤

To whom it may concern.

These accusations of Tony not being a Crookback resident show just how disconnected the Council is from the people. Not only is he a resident, but he is a businessman. You should stop assuming that other members in the group he represents did not try to passively approach the Council. You can’t tell someone to piss off when they try to speak with you and then complain about why they didn’t come to you before resorting to violence.

Maybe if you’re actually humble, you’ll actually be receptive to people’s plights and do your job. But I understand that you may be too distracted playing politics and self-empowerment to do anything else.

Florence.

• Powerful Powerful x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  15. bwmwags3

bwmwags3 Refugee

The Wylthar sighs, “By all the Perfects. Fucking course course when I’m in a damn rut the blows keep coming!”

She stepped away from the desk leaving a half written copy of some practice signatures.

“The /one/ person who I try to hire for security pulls this shit. Mm nope nope damn him, damn this not my problem.”

She wrote a short letter to be sent to Tony

You can discard that meeting Tony. I don’t need this damn attention right now and certainly not from someone thats replaceable. I shall find a security force elsewhere but your organization can become a customer: for triple the price of anything you purchase, if your still alive to even commission it, and if half crockbay isn’t hunting you.

Signed,
    Zara

@Testlo

• Powerful Powerful x 1
  16. MidnightRey

MidnightRey Ruler of the Abyss

View attachment 174613
    A note is left, being written in inky black colored cursive writing. With a darkened colored rose as a seal keeping it up on the wall.

"First off, you act as if respect is something you're just given due to status or power you have, here's a wake-up call. It's simply not so as much as you may wish for it to be. People may be silent but it doesn't mean they agree with you. It's just they're scared of you. If you want the respect of the people then earn it, start by letting people come further and speak their minds of this entire situation, free of needing to fear being hunted and tortured by you or
    "Be used as an example of strength" "Given he announced and took credit for it, you know what to do." There is also the fact you do not speak for the Undercity and you never have nor will. No single group or individual can speak for every single person below. You're not different."

"Your actions towards anyone speaking against you personally make me wonder what you are trying to protect. Is it your own personal pride? No group is perfect, and all have flaws. How can you not take the tiniest amount of criticism without finding a need to crush the source is my question. Perhaps in your defense yes, this person is trying to overthrow you, set your base on fire, not speak an opinion. But again you also need to consider that person's defense. Why are they doing it? From what rumors I have heard of your group, where I try to stay out of such things due to having my own coven recently being the victim of rumors. I must ask you, where is that proof that everything you do has the people of crookedbacks best interest in mind? Let's assume you do actually do stuff that assists the people and not only what the Nobles tell you to do. Where is the evidence to show for it? Some new fancy laws you put into place? This goes into my next point."

"The state acts as if it's doing the people of Crookedback a favor by giving it some way of law and Hierarchy. Here's the thing, the Undercity as you know is chaos. Many of us do not need order as the surface dwellers have. I watched myself as someone got murdered in the Poppy not even weeks ago in clear open eyesight of everyone. The number of houses that have been rend-sacked and stolen from is horrendous and I hear stories of people getting kidnapped in Crookedback or even Oldtown at least every other day. We are the very home of chaos in itself. A force that is both unpredictable and untamable by anyone, even the state. And then there's the fact I myself have been the victim of Mercenary attacks who has tried to capture and cure me while I was walking about the sewers, and I wouldn't be surprised if others have had similar problems."

"And now we're at my finale point. If you do have proof for the effort you're trying to put in for the people of Crookedback, then why do you not show that when people speak out against you? Ignoring the person of rumors instead of instantly trying to go out for them in an obviously violent way? Letting your emotions grab hold and control your thoughts and actions. People will believe what they can see, not only what they can hear. Your actions show them you are not reliable and only prove the points everyone says about you to be true. Why not just show everyone that proof so people can be reassured you are working towards their best interests and not only your own? That they have a force they know which will protect them and keep them safe? Please I am more than willing to meet with one of your Commanders on these questions so we can try to come to a peaceful solution instead of ending this in threats and more stress on everyone than is needed. I would love to personally see what you have done for the many people below and gain trust between us. For now, I take no side as, yes rumors are rumors but if you can prove them wrong and show me how so. Bring it out instead of hiding it, don't only show me show everyone your efforts so they may respect you and you can respect us."
    Signed -Redacted

• Powerful Powerful x 1
  17. MidnightRey

Another note of similar quality was left under it.
    "As for your entire, "We keep the violets away from you and so forth." Argument, you know the Violets wouldn't even be a problem had the state not made it so they could enter the sewers again. They made an issue and gave us a half-created solution to it. We could handle the occasional Mercenary who tried to come down here and attack us. So no, you do not fix anything. The state just made a problem and threw you in our faces. If the state just added back the fact no Violets or guards could come into the Sewers or Crookedback at all to hunt down bounties. We would have really no use for you. So don't act as if you're so special for something that wouldn't even be an issue if it wasn't for the state creating the issue, to begin with. The state that also created you."

• Powerful Powerful x 1
    #17 MidnightRey, Apr 16, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 22, 2022
  18. MidnightRey

Causal Grammar mistake

19. MrNoot1

MrNoot1 Let there be Noot

Ulrich coughed from his mask, holding his side as he looked to Stray, shaking his head with disappointment. "If the people are this disconnected from the Council, then maybe there is a time for change. But, if a change is needed, violence isn't always the answer unless it's the final course of action. Actions speak louder than words, and his actions show that he has the will to speak for those who feel that the Council haven't done their jobs correctly. Maybe, we should have a talk about this." He'd sigh as he'd walk with Stray, speaking about this as he got some fresh air from his small time of resting. @Jcboi5

20. Jcboi5

Jcboi5 professional meme-lord who does mineman rp

The blue cloaked warrior, Stray, would respond to Ulrich hesitantly.
    "... Perhaps we should... I'll need some time to think about it, though."
    @MrNoot1

• Powerful Powerful x 1
  21. Iyyiushi

Iyyiushi Refugee Supremium

Glirae stood among the werebeasts and those faithful to Estel she could collect in short time. The gaze of the Raprann was calm a single predatory talon of her transformed feet tapped against the stonework. Then with a singular word of power and glowing eyes her hands clapped together in thunderous sounds. Thus bringing the attention of those gathered to herself.

She gestures to the Alphas (@fairytears @BluKnight10 ) beside her and to the forest witch (@Lazzulai ).

"Bring us their persons, the ones known as Antonio Lucciano ( @Testlo ) and Lucio Santibanez ( @Pantheizm ). Favors are in store for those that complete this task. Show them what Estellians think of setting fires. While you're at it; forcefully remove any Playero or Amaya from Crookback- their silvertongues won't save them. We will not show patience to those that disrupt the balance and give way to chaos." ( @Mad_Gadfly - i don't know who leads playero atm )

22. FutureTeller

FutureTeller Criminally mad with no batteries

A certain being of bright colors, surrounded by faint plumes of pink smoke took their time to appreciate the mess of notices, responses and statements. It then added its own response to it; short, yet written very elegantly.

“Tony,

speaking as one who loves to learn and hear about the grand deeds and presence of others, and enjoys the intriguing company of almost all and any of Crookback, I have only one thing to ask someone such as yourself.

Who are you?

- Signed,
    Simply Malevolent.”

Content with their work, they went to quickly depart again, a stranger to barely be remembered by almost anyone in sight.