The Daily Bite | Issue I - The Problem With Whore Houses And The Undercity.

Discussion in 'Regalian Roleplay' started by Audianna, Mar 31, 2021.

1. Audianna

Audianna Barking up a tree but I'm the wrong type of bitch.

Wensday, March 31st, 309 AC

I was a lonely girl. I only had the Everwatch for my sights.

I walked across all these lanes. I heard the yellings of their cries.

I was told the guards would protect her life.

I was lead astray. For now I know, that there is no light.

I have become a much older woman now in these years.

I will hear to my own cries and make sure another one of them do not die.

This is my nature, this is my life.

-

Untitled poem.

Down with the Dukes and down with the King.

Down with the Knights that think they are something.

Down with the Nobles and down with the whores.

Down with those unjustly boars.

The street rats of Regalia read my praise, we are the ones who made them raise.

We are the ones who supported them,

We are the ones who helped them when in need,

We are the ones they stepped on to get to their throne.

Why let them continue when all they see us as,

Worthless commoners.

The hypocrisy of this.

Down with the true traitors of Regalia.

[​IMG]
    The Noble Truth!

This week we will go over a certain whore house that calls themselves nobles. As if they deserve such. Lets start with the woman called Milena Cadieux.

Milena Cadieux, all I know about her is that shes a fucking whore. She walks around flaunting her skin to her.. 'peerage' and to the people of Regalia. What do you common folk say? 'Spirit?' As if there is one. She only parties and to my knowledge doesnt even help out the common folk, even with her positions she has its not like it really means anything for her. Even if it does give the woman an ego boost. Lets try not to speak on all the men she has slept with. With my insider resources, she sleeps with men on the daily. I wouldnt be suprised if there was another Cadieux on its way to join their circus. Another ghastly thing to put on top of the womans hideous features and horrid life style, she is all party no work. What respectable person would allow themselves to be such a lazy bum? I feel bad for the men who persue her and the women who look up to her. Really, such a pity.

Lets talk about the other more known Cadieux. Manon Cadieux, the only reason shes really into the light is from her horrible sense of fashion and disgusting taste in men. A red head family, really? I would say she could do much better but even a kathar isnt low enough for her. Her courter, Keillian Mac Conall, isnt even aware that she takes after Milena. Cheating on him. Such a sad.. sad.. sight. Not really for the commonfolk who get to hear though. Its only really for their family name now. Perhaps Manon is just trying to marry into a useless title of her own, or maybe shes trying to get out of her horrid family. Using men for gain, such an Ithanian thing.

Isabelle Cadieux, less important than the two mentioned before her. Though to say she looks ghastly. Pale, dark hair. Maybe there is a reason she doesnt read her own future, she barely has one available to her. There isnt much to say about Isabelle besides maybe she is the only person in the Circus Cadieux. Though even that is a stretch for their kind. She wears a large froppy looking hat, maybe its to cover her hideous eyes or maybe its to hide her url like face. Maybe its because shes hiding horns or bugs. Wouldnt be too far of a stretch for the woman. Honestly I didnt know if she was just a fat bakers son at first. She always wears some dumb viles on her body, if memory serves right shes gone into the sewers as well. Who knew? A noble woman would be a sewer rat. Though to be fair she is Milenas lap dog, would it be too far of a stretch to say Milena has travelled down there as well? Is she even a real Cadieux? She has dark hair but the ither Cadieuxs are bitchy blonde. Is she the true bastard of the Cadieux or was her mother also a whore?

Fabian Cadieux, he really isnt important. Spirit if anything the only relavancy he has was losing to a woman in some wood game. Such a pity, losing to a thin boned woman? That says a lot for the male portion of the family. Anything else I must say he is the uglier portion of the family, a real disgrace.

Roul Cadieux, He looks hardly related to the family to be honest. Gargling like features and layers of clothes. All I know is that hes trying to be a clergy for some fake god. Milena must be so disappointed. Maybe he is trying to push away the idea of himself being from such a whore house.

Noemi Cadieux. I dont know anything about this woman but I think if someone where to rip out her nose ring it would be doing her a favor. Though mlre of this Cadieux is that the is known to be the more.. boring of the bunch. How sad for a party family. Though to be honest she has the most potention to keep her mouth shut, the family wouldnt want more secrets slipping, no?

Though to get away from the party goers and people doers of the peerage. A little birdy told me the alleged Aleric Kein is having an affair with his cheif Frank who works at the steak estate. Is that the real reason Frank stays around to work in such a place?

[​IMG]
    The cracks of the Collective

Now we all know there are a plethora of covens coming around in the undercity but none can stand for long without doing some ghastly deed. Though I was informed of one coven, must not be too important since ive never heard of them before.

To my little birdies out there whi brought me my information, I would like to thank you for bringing up something truely important that I think its best we all know. The Technocratic Collective is an unjust and corrupt system. Spirit I wondered why anyone would until I got word that they wouldnt inform before hand. What an under minded lie. Im not sure to grimmence or applaud them!

This.. 'collective' abuses their members and goes against any promise or word they have. Trust me when I say.

Do not trust them.

They kill and punish their members for one singular slip up. Would you do the same to your kin? Brethern and sisters? I wouldnt have thought so but this collective does.

One of my dearest beloved birdies was apart of the collective at one point. Poor darling got hurt by them.. when one of their own was in a state of panic and need they turned their back against them. Is that truely a coven you wish to join?

I didnt think so.

Though to say the true monsters of such covens are the two by the name of Rhys and Sivo Sagh. Obviously they named themselves, whos mother would allow such foolish names in the first place? Though better names for the two would be under the Ping Pong Desprince and ah! The one for Sivo yes- yes. The wannabe werebeast.. I see some really are more than just a disgrace to their kind. Seems they are truely just traitors..

These people, this collective. They are akin to a parasite. They prevent many from rising. Its suprising how they still stand to this day with such an unknown name and such low numbers.

[​IMG]
    A note from the undercity.

Theres a few things about the undercity that I think the commonfolk of Regalia should really know. Some people down there really arent that bad. They just dont have enough coin to get as good of a home as you do. Some people down here actually try to help others. Its a pity that the nobles and their hoards think the name undercity and only think about criminals and monsters. Tell me, whos more of a monster? Those who burn the innocents or those who have to steal for a living? Killing someone for being born a kathar or killing someone in defense? Executing a woman or that woman who was protecting others?

There is no freedom of speech in Regalia. We all knew this. Say one thing that a noble man or woman dislikes and your head might end up getting cut off.

Stop pretending the peerage, the nobles, to be the the best people. They arent your protectors.

Take it from me, I used to be a guard for a family that attempted to get into nobility. I was told to poison and kill so that they may rise. To rip off the horns of a songaskian friend just because it would benefit them. I was told to brand and maim. To scalp and kill.

Yet, still, here we are. Thinking that the noblemen and noblewomen are your protectors. To think they are your friends. If you work for them, they own you. You are nothing besides another object for their collection.

The undercity might have criminals and those of the non-mundane. Though to say we are the worst of the worst i'll say.

Open your eyes, the people you are forced to praise and respect are.

[​IMG]

Thank you to all my lovely supporters. I wouldnt ever try to release anything but the truth to you all. May your choices guide your path.

[Supporters]

Erwin Braunschweiger - Thank you for the lovely meetings we had at the beerhall, such a shame I had to set them ablaze.

Aleric Kein - Thank you dearest so much for letting me have a meeting with you about you and your chief, Frank. It was suprising how many ideals against the empire we shared. Tell your Ivory I missed their company.

My dearest friend, Sol - An old friend of mine, without her I wouldnt have moved on wish such paper.

[​IMG]

Author, researcher, and owner of this new and lovely newspaper.

The Handmaiden.​

• Winner Winner x 15
    • Powerful Powerful x 9
    • Immersive Immersive x 3
  2. Audianna

3. BeetrootSalad

BeetrootSalad the gremlin Supremium

“who the fuck”

• Like Like x 3
    • Immersive Immersive x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. ArtisticPlanet

ArtisticPlanet Sigrid Sterke-enn

Manon was propped up on one of the many sofas in the lavish estate, her hand held the paper neatly well the other moved between stroking the large dog and sipping her morning latte.

As her dark orbs scanned the paper she couldn’t help a bit of a cackle for some things well others had her going on a small rant to the guardian canine.
    “What is this some kind of rumors paper? Why would I do anything related on this forsaken parchment.” The dog simply tilted her head as if she was listening intently.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. GRIST_

GRIST_ The Antagonist Premium

Hessolis looked over the newspaper and simply frowned. “I don’t know half of these people but I doubt they are anything this woman suggests they are. This isn't a newspaper it’s just a mean spirited note.” They scoffed, shaking their head. “Foolishness.”

6. Faith_Bug

Faith_Bug Mirror Thrower

Briareth was sat within his home, settled upon the bed, having a copy of the paper at hand with all three eyes scanning over its words with a big smile on his face. His facial expression seemed pleased with the news, looking up to call out toward Alenia, "'Nia! Have you read this yet? This shit is awesome, it's finally out for public view, let us hope at least /someone/ believes this," It was hard to tell exactly what the mutant was talking about when it came to the topics, or perhaps all of them were being referred to, who knows. Either way, it got him excited and happy!

@Gabigailll

• Immersive Immersive x 1
  7. Acosmism

Acosmism Sugar Parental Unit

Mirabella tipped back in her seat, her head flying backwards to burst forth with uncontrollable laughter. For a few moments, the cackling remained, before slowly dying out as did the candles which lit up her desk. She wiped some tears from her eyes, shaking her head as a smile remained.Oh my. I love this person.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  8. Dodink

Dodink You Know

Emilio Solisti, due to the fact he rarely leaves the mighty Solisti estate, gets brought a copy of this notice. "Third day in the Holy City of Regalia... I suppose I just showed up at a bad time. Credit where it's due though, if their goal was to stir up the Nobility and Peerage they're doing a fantastic job." Emilio gives a nonchalant shrug, sets the notice down, and goes off to do... Probably nothing, read a book maybe?

Tim Borros, having calmed down a bit enough to read does exactly that. No comment.

9. Maeovika

Maeovika Maeovika

Natharia... Read the article from her office. Widening her eyes in shock at the words written down. She made a note of certain things, then tossed it away.

“The new chatter among the nobility it seems. I wonder who..”

10. ElderShrub

ElderShrub The oldest of all shrubberies

A pale and slender figure followed Hessolis, snatching the newspaper as they discarded it. They spent the next few minutes reading in a quiet focus as they followed down the grimy streets of Crookback. "You're right. This isn't a newspaper, it's a challenge." She spoke, pocketing the crumpled parchment. "Angering both the nobility and factions of the Undercity at the same time displays a dumb recklessness, but while the typeface is crude they're intelligent enough not to be identified by it. I expect they want to be hunted, to cause a scene. I for one accept the challenge."
    @CRASHIR

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. FeatheredBlade

FeatheredBlade Local Imperial Knight Supremium

The Villiers looks through the paper, narrowed eyes scanning it quickly before the helmet tilts back with an audible sigh. He holds it out to the Viridian across from him, shaking his head slightly.

@Hemingway7

12. Aurelian30k

Aurelian30k The Fashion Knight

The Desert Rose looked over the paper with a utterly dumbfounded expression plastered over her face. Looking over to her cohorts inquiring. "What?"

@RaggedyGrace @DiabloDonut

13. FeralGayWalnut

FeralGayWalnut Lesbian Worst Enemy

“What the fuck.” Was all the Shieldmaiden would utter as she stood within her shop.

• Powerful Powerful x 2
  14. LilBeast_24

LilBeast_24

The young woman’s face contorted as she read through the first section of the newspaper. “Such hateful words! This author ought to be stopped. To say such vulgar things about nobility...” She’d hand the paper to her sister once more.

@Audianna

15. LotusTwist

LotusTwist Refugee

“I-I... Wow.” The mage just stared over the paper for a moment. “Not the nicest things to say about people that’s for sure, this is sure to cause some trouble down the road.”

16. DiabloDonut

DiabloDonut yes

The Reinard let out a short sigh as she read over the newsletter, bewildered by its contents, before folding the paper and setting it aside.

I have no clue.”

@RaggedyGrace @Aurelian30k

17. Audianna

She perked a brow as she watched her sister hand the paper. On the meer title she pushed it aeay from her. "Im not interested in petty rumors, Sister."

• Cuddles! Cuddles! x 1
  18. canaaa

canaaa tea gremlin Staff Member PR2

Milena reads over the paper that morning as it's brought in to her, pausing before bursting into laughter - the sort that causes her to double over, tears coming to her eyes. "Oh, Spirit - this is hilarious," she mumbles, before sighing. "Imagine calling the Spirit a fake god, tacitly advertising other covens, and admitting to being an arsonist. I can't wait to see how this ends."

She passes the paper over to Rowena and Haeddi, reaching for her tea as she continues her breakfast. "She could have at least had the good graces to do some actual research on us. This is just sad."

@Bunemma @AtticCat

19. Karthadon

Karthadon Mulch Enthusiast

Esfir scrambled into a seat, holding the paper in front of her. It almost looked large compared to her rather small body. She grinned as her eyes thoroughly scanned through the words that were written on the page "Now this... this is good shit."

• Friendly Friendly x 2
  20. MidnightRey

MidnightRey Ruler of the Abyss

A being wearing Collective armor which was covered in brambles and corrupted plant life. Inside the Undercity looked over the document on the couch. Their gaze seeming enlightened with the first part of the document. Even letting out some laughs at the idea of how pissed the Nobles reading this news article must look as of now.
    "Quite
    But it quickly turned at the part of the Collective. Letting out a sigh, a look of confusion and concern over taking their gaze as they called out.
    "Mother, father! Please come here a moment!"
    As they came they passed the document to them
    "What is it they speak of here? Whom have we punished or abused as of recent and who is the 'birdie' we have harmed? I'm genuinely trying to wrap my head around who is giving out this false information."
    @DogVibes @RainAxe

21. MidnightRey

MidnightRey Ruler of the Abyss

Me who accidently pressed Post Reply before I finished the post. And now I cannot edit it ahhh

"Quite interesting, now watch the Nobles throw their hissy fits and hunt down this person for daring to call them out. Only further proving this person's thing about 'free speech' being a thing of the past."

22. RainAxe

RainAxe Refugee

The sounds of clicking metal in a laughing tone released from The Cratos. Rhys unable to keep himself composed as he spoke

“Whoever this person is... Oh goodness, they’ve got a death wish alright... I love how they yield zero evidence in all these words they say... It’s just an angry letter to Regalia.”

23. Wumpatron

Wumpatron Das Wump

"Ah, yes, the famously Jacobin House Keen. I suppose we are the outliers to this illusive Aleric Keen, damn whoever they are."

Lady Helena looks unamused as she mocked the statements toward Alaric.
    @HeyitsNano

24. Gabigailll

Gabigailll

Alenia carefully grasped the note, chuckling as she scanned over it, a small smile appearing on her face. “Who knows Briar, I only truly care that those who are guilty, feel this more. A small reminder that they cannot wash their hands free of what they did.”

• Powerful Powerful x 1
  25. MrNoot1

MrNoot1 Let there be Noot

The ex-Url smoked his cigar, sitting at the front of his house as he'd notice the copies of the page be used about. He'd release a chuckled puff of his tobacco. "Someone is asking for a death wish. But let them speak all they want. If they want someone who, as they quote, 'works', they should provide evidence instead of rambling on and on. Also, this is a good waste of paper. They aren't cheap. That's why I usually write pretty short letters unless I have too." He'd go to put his copy of the notice away, to use as spare paper.

26. Legoclub22

Legoclub22 The Antagonist's Right-Hand

The Ivory officer stood in an archway separating one room from another, looking down at the papers in his hands. "Some sort of editorial on the Hidden Dragon?" he thought as he had read the title. "...Is this some kind of collection of poems, particularly treasonous and heretical poems?" he pondered as he continued to read. Something then caught his attention, a single brow sliding up his forehead. "Cadieux? How very... interesting," he remarked, stifling a chuckle as he read on. Then, an audible laugh came of him as he read on, repeating through labored, cackling breaths the names "Aleric Kein, chief Frank!" He quickly recomposed himself, clearing his throat and uttering, "Excuse me," to the others in the room. He read on, skimming the sections regarding the undercity and making for the end, where he presumed someone might have signed. Reaching the 'supporters' section, he once again burst out laughing. "I'm sorry, I'm sorry. Ahem. Right, I can start searching for their identity if you wish, Your Grace."

@HeyitsNano
    @Wumpatron

• Like Like x 1
  27. essentialess

essentialess purveyor of milfs

A sour-faced Roul rips the newspaper off of his routinely brought stack of morning reading material. The young man whips around, shoving back out to his footman with vitriol in his eyes.

“Relieve my desk of this piss-poor slander. Not only is the ‘author’ teetering on the brink of illiteracy, their wit is thick, and their prose sloppier than my ‘gargling- like features and layers of clothes.’”

The Curate dictates a note to be returned to the source along with the newspaper.

Handmaiden, your delusions of power and relevancy will bring you to a swift end. You are a poisonous witch with no more faith in you than a slab of stewed swine. Spit my family’s good name out of the vile cavity you call a mouth. Godless soul, be wary of the path you are on. Find kindness and redeem yourself in this lifetime, ‘lest you be stuck with the torturous company that is your consciousness, alone, until your time is up. I pray for you.

• Powerful Powerful x 5
    • Educated Educated x 1
  28. bwmwags3

bwmwags3 Refugee

Liza looked over, reading it over and laughing “Damn this ones got a axe to grind...wait she thinks dating a Kathar is a downgrade” The Isldar smirks, “Poor woman doesn’t know what she’s missing.”

29. HeyitsNano

HeyitsNano The Messiah

Alaric Keen would exhale a chuckle as he heard Helena and the officer recite the newspaper, scribbling away at parchment on his desk.

“I am surprised at the react of this newspaper.” He paused before continuing with a sardonic tone. “Damn, whoever they are.”

@Wumpatron @Legoclub22

• Powerful Powerful x 1
  30. Cipherition

Cipherition Welcome to White Space.

Isabelle reads over the paper, moving a hand over her mouth. She glances down to her thighs, then to her chest, furrowing her brows "Am I really that large...?" Then she shakes her head, glaring at the notice. "No matter. Why should I trust the words of some woman that doesn't know basic grammar?" Despite her comment, she still takes off her hat, staring down at it with a pained expression.

• Cuddles! Cuddles! x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  31. sonofthestars

sonofthestars chaotic stupid

From the scarlet-walled depths of a particular ruined Estate, Cecil Dzekh'aar picked up a quill and set it to paper. In a slanted, inelegant scratch, words shaped themselves into being, reeking of confidence and a quiet, cheerful fury.

"Dear Handmaiden,

What the ever-loving fuck was that?

Complain about the Nobility, sure. I don't care. But throwing a coven under the carriage, pretending that you speak for the whole fucking Undercity? I don't think so.

Also, 'even a Kathar isn't low enough for her.'

You are begging to get your knees broken.

You have the rest of the week to reveal yourself to us by showing up to my Estate and apologizing.

If you haven't done that by Monday, then we'll come looking. And you won't like it when we find you.

Have a good day!"

Patriarch Cecil Dzekh'aar

The Kathar set his quill down and smiled at the notice, satisfied. He then took it and nailed it directly over wherever the newspaper had come from. Game on.
    @Audianna

• Powerful Powerful x 11
  32. AtticCat

AtticCat haeksen van regalia

Haeddi took hold of the paper, her own teacup lowering to rest against the table. Unlike her friend’s reaction, the woman furrowed her brows in a sense of concern. Then she slowly sighed, head offering a shake. “... This is truly awful. I hope no one believes this stuff. Although, it does make me ponder about Keen.” With that, she tapped a finger onto the note under the Cadieux’s article.

Still, concern and worry filled her face.

• Powerful Powerful x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  33. bwmwags3

bwmwags3 Refugee

A bard sits back for a moment looking like he might offer some note of praise. Only to look out his balcony window and pushing down what ever was to be said. Merely offering..

“A work of note, seditious in the extreme and dangerous but interesting...may the works go on. If only for amusement”

he then ensured it was kept out of his children’s reach. So they should not read anything his wife would bonk him for exposing them to.

34. retsag118

retsag118

A certain pale skinned Nelfin stood behind the furious Kathar, watching the quill scratch across the page with passion. The moonlight cascading across the room that they shared. He leaned forward, placing a hand on Cecil Dzekh’aar’s shoulder. “It seems I have work to do.” The man that goes by Stone mumbled under his breath to his lover. @sonofthestars

35. HereticTakao

HereticTakao dark spirited demidevil

Kabili Drulvaar laughed hysterically as he read the newspaper, as he sat in the Rose Court Park, smoking a clove-flavored garette.
    "Oh my, this handmaiden is sure to spark rage and fury from the peerage. I'd hate to be them."

((courtesans mad)) ​

• Powerful Powerful x 1
  36. DogVibes

DogVibes

The Brass Beast, also known as Sivo, would be next to her Cratos husband, looking over the note in thought before rolling her eyes. "Wish they would have at least done their /proper/ research before taking things out of context and spreading it around. Obviously... They're riddled with hate, as the entire paper is filled with toxicity."
    She would then look to her adoptive child, answering her various questions.
    "Briar is the fool they speak of. He endangered our entire coven and I punished him as such, in order to ensure he doesn't do it again. However, my punishment was... A little unwise and I admit that now. I got punished myself for it. It's concluded, it's over, and yet they still beat this dead FUCKING horse!"
    She would slam her fist onto the paper, the Von Kërle's jaw clenched in rage. Sivo would take a deep breath as to calm herself.
    "But you know what... Let them. If they want to spread these rumors, taunt our name, my vampiric form that... I didn't even choose, let them. But if they bring these lies to our gates, I will rip them apart, piece by piece... There will be nothing left but flesh and bone..." The Brass Beast would offer a vampiric grin, her white teeth shimmering in the candle light. "I will have the last laugh!!"

• Powerful Powerful x 1
  37. HeyItzAPotato

HeyItzAPotato rip me out the plastic

Taeron Fa'Salor entered the room, "G'day Lady Cadieux I was 'bo-... Is somethin' wrong?" he gently picked up the notice from her once allowed, and scanned over it. The Songaskia's features turned cold and full of hatred as he crumbled up the notice and tossed it into a nearby trashbin, "Don't listen ta' them. They ain't got no clue what they're talkin' 'bout. Prolly jus' jealous'a how good've a person you are." he said, offering a smile to her in a sense of comfort- but inside, he was ready to bring hell upon whoever made the person he was sworn to protect so sun-awfully saddened.

• Immersive Immersive x 2
  38. Lizmun

Lizmun yeah Staff Member Lore2

Abigail frowned as she read over the paper. All these horrible things said by peerage members she either respected, or considered her friend. She tapped the paper in her hand with a gloved finger, and said over her shoulder, to a passerby she knew not even the name of:

"Why didn't she say anything about me?" The silven lamented, "I'm important! At least, important enough to be in a scandal. G'wuh."

• Powerful Powerful x 3
    • Immersive Immersive x 1
    • Cuddles! Cuddles! x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  39. Naz_Cook

Naz_Cook My mouth is a wormhole for Toohey's Extra Dry

Emile scrunched up the notice tossing I to his bag, turning to the dog beside him.

"More kindling for the fire."

Who knows if the dog could understand any of the K'alatibiri Emile just spoke, but that didn't seem to matter, is just wagged it's tail patiently.

"Whoever they are, they sure like to stir the pot."

• Powerful Powerful x 2
  40. SorryNari

SorryNari Local Werewolf Supremium

“HAHAHA, HOLY SHIT!” The Kathar cried out in laughter, now scrambling out of her chair and invading Am’io’s room.

“You gotta see this. This is.. This is something.” She claimed and handed a copy over.

@AlphaInsomnia