The Ivory Company

Discussion in 'Inactive Families & Guilds' started by HeyitsNano, Sep 29, 2020.

1. HeyitsNano

HeyitsNano The Messiah

Ivory_Company_Divider.png
    The_Ivory_Company_Crest.png
    Ivory_Company_Divider.png
    [​IMG]
    Mission

The Ivory Company was formed in 308 AC just after the fall of the Holy Divine Inquisition. Members of the fallen charter got together with the war-hero Hengest Harhold in an effort to support his interests. However, when its numbers lowered, it was quickly revived by Alaric Keen. In its new inception, the company cut away its chains and relinquished its services for any and all capable buyers. Similar to the Good Company of Harald Steadfast, the Ivory Company puts aside general restriction to create a rigorous workforce for all mercenaries in the political realm.

With a comfortable stronghold, the Ivory Company seeks to establish a facile buyout for anyone capable of adding funds to its pocket. Unionist principles always in mind, the Company serves the Empire headfirst, and holds it hand out to cooperate with any given contract. When operating, the company pledges to fulfill the contract above all costs.

To establish value in the mercenaries, the Ivory Company also takes the responsibility to act as the Active House Guard of House Keen.

Hierarchy of the Fortunate:

The Ivory Company follows a very stringent structure to maintain stability among its ranks. Led by the Oberst and the Tactician Cabinet, the company inherits its ability to work together fluently. All role names have been accumulated from various languages, including Genevaud and New Regalian. A common accent is applied to some.

Grand Oberst:
    - The direct commander of all forces. The Oberst is incharge of the tactician cabinet and all ranks thereunder. This is currently held by His Grace Alaric Keen.
    Oberleutnant:
    - The Oberleutnant is the right-hand of the Grand Oberst, a direct extension of his authority, and responsible for enacting the Grand Oberst's vision within the troops. Without explanation, they are a member of the Tactician's Cabinet.

Lieutenant:
    - A Lieutenant is an Officer which serves directly under the Grand Oberst and Oberleutnant, and handles a large degree of authority and responsibility with delegation of tasks. They are a member of the Tactician's Cabinet.

Sergeant:
    - A Sergeant is a squad leader level role, responsible for any subordinates assigned to their leadership. They are the first rank which will require demonstrating superior qualities in order to achieve. Sergeants are also considered Training Officers, in that they will aid Officers in ensuring the smooth flow of training events, and be given significant roles in most training sessions.

Lance Corporal:
    - Lance Corporal is the regular rank, which the majority are expected to hold. They are seasoned and trustworthy mercenaries who have proven themselves as above civilians.
    Private:
    Private is a transitional rank for any new members who have passed indoctrination, but have yet to prove their mettle. They are expected to watch and learn from their more experienced Lance Corporals and leadership, and should not hold this rank for long.

Initiate:
    - The initiates are all individuals who have been accepted into the Ivory Company, but have not been assessed, trained, or passed indoctrination. They are Ivory mercenaries only on paper. Immediately upon passing indoctrination, they will be promoted to Private, and in some special cases Lance Corporal.

Special Positions

• High Advisor
    • Advisor
    • Alchemist
    • Medic
    High Advisor is a position outside the rank structure held by any non-Ivory Company individual chosen to be a part of the Officer Cabinet and aid in high-level planning or problem solving. High Advisors, while not authorized to give orders, should be treated with the same regard as a Lieutenant.

Advisor is a position outside the rank structure held by any non-Ivory Company individual which assists the Ivory Company in any way other than as a part of the Officer Cabinet. They are not authorized to give orders, but should be treated with the same regard as a Sergeant.

Alchemist is a lateral position held by any Ivory Company member. It holds no special authority or recognition, and only serves to clearly designate one as being proficient in Alchemical science. They are expected to provide their expertise as called upon to serve the Company.

Medic is a lateral position held by any Ivory Company member. It holds no special authority or recognition, but medics are expected to be unimpeded as much as possible when tending to injured, and to give and be given special care to prevent their injury.

Application Process

Joining the Ivory Company is a relatively easy process. In order to register, fill out the application below and post it as a forum reply.

Username:
    Character Name:
    Character Application: (If you have one. Not mandatory.)
    Discord:
    Notable Proficiencies:
    Letter to His Grace Alaric Keen, the Grand Oberst of the Ivory Company:

Upon acceptance, the applicant will be set as an Initiate until indoctrination, a three day long training routine that thoroughly teaches all principles of the Company and Regalian Law itself.

Please only post applications here. Other content/questions can be messaged directly to me at HeyitsNano#9599​

Attached Files:

• Powerful Powerful x 10
    • Immersive Immersive x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    #1 HeyitsNano, Sep 29, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 13, 2021
  2. MidnightRey

MidnightRey Ruler of the Abyss

• Username:
      • MidnightRey
    • Character Name:
      • Alexandria Aalvienta
    • Discord:
      • You have it chief
    • Notable Proficiencies/App:
      • Notable Proficicies: Staves Combat and Medical/Alchemy Science
      • Application: The Plant
    • [*]Letter to Grand Oberst Alaric Keen:
      • "You already know me, Alexaandria Aalvienta. Long time no see, I ran into Augustin Mohren a while ago in the city. And he gave me the update on how Kreiberg was simply falling apart.. After Baron Theopold fired both you and him, and then you found this Company. He suggested I do not go back to Kreiberg but instead come to join you. With my return to the city, and being in need of a job as soon as possible, I'm hoping you'll accept me into your Company. Mohren says you have many opportunties as well, so I believe this is my best course of action for myself. As it also gives me the chance to work under some familiar faces I'm already used to. I'll await your response. Stay safe Grand Obserst Keen."
      [*]

• Powerful Powerful x 1
  3. YoitsKing

YoitsKing The Strong Will Bend The Weak

Pending a meeting with Hanz Rosenguart.
    Message me on discord to find a time in character.

4. Mad_Gadfly

Mad_Gadfly ◢◤

Username: Mad_Gadfly
    Character Name: Leuthar Van Vichten
    Discord: SecondWind#7475
    Notable Proficiencies: Find out IC
    Letter to Grand Oberst Alaric Keen:

Greetings and felicitations, Grand Oberst Keen.

My name is Leuthar Van Vichten. I am an elderly scholar in urgent need of assistance. Though I am unable to compensate your company with financial payment, I am willing to act as an advisor at no cost. This arrangement may last as long as we deem it fit, per a mutual understanding regarding the value of the exchanged services.

Thank you for your consideration,

Leuthar Van Vichten.

5. HeyitsNano

HeyitsNano The Messiah

Accepted.

6. Wilvahelm

Wilvahelm The Revolution Will Not Be Televised

Username: Wilvahelm
    Character Name: Eloi Playero
    Discord: Messaged you
    Notable Proficiencies: Dagger Combat, Slingshot Combat, Statecraft Command
    Letter to Grand Oberst Alaric Keen
    Dear Mr. Keen,
    I am interested in joining you in the Ivory Company, however I do not believe I am of 'mercenary' material, thus I would like to join your ranks as an Advisor. Please let me know what you think.

Eloi Playero

• Powerful Powerful x 1
  7. HeyitsNano

HeyitsNano The Messiah

Accepted.

• Powerful Powerful x 1
  8. ASickRat

ASickRat Bane of Europe

Username: GoblinMilk
    Character Name: Rafillo of Genevaud
    Discord: You have it.
    Notable Proficiencies: Sent via discord.
    Letter to Grand Oberst Alaric Keen: [Make a Spoiler. Inside put:] Discussed in character.

• Powerful Powerful x 1
  9. HeyitsNano

HeyitsNano The Messiah

Accepted.

• Powerful Powerful x 1
  10. cowboys0211

cowboys0211

Username: Cowboys0211
    Character Name: Sylvar Ardu Verias
    Discord: You got it!
    Notable Proficiencies: 10 husbandry and 5 frontline
    Letter to Grand Oberst Alaric Keen: If accepted I plan to offer my assistance in your group with my men and my lovely Pet Glacier my Wyvern. I'm new to regalia a bit so I apologize in advance for any confusion with any awkward interactions.

11. HeyitsNano

HeyitsNano The Messiah

Accepted.

12. Karthadon

Karthadon Mulch Enthusiast

Username: Karthadon
    Character Name: Daniel Malthor
    Discord: karthadon#3903
    Notable Proficiencies: 10 Sword combat, 5 Frontline Command, 8 medical science

To Alaric Keen,
    Although we've only briefly spoken in person, I possess interest in joining the band of mercenaries you command here in Regalia. I have skills in battle that I feel would greatly assist you in your efforts. You see, my father was a scumbag thief. However, I hesitantly add that my father did in fact teach me several valuable skills. These skills include anatomy and first aid, how to handle myself in a fight using a sword, and some basic battle tactics. In writing this letter, I'm hoping that you find me as useful an asset as I may boldly suggest.
    Respectfully, Daniel Malthor​

13. HeyitsNano

HeyitsNano The Messiah

Accepted. Welcome to the fold.

14. HeyItzAPotato

HeyItzAPotato rip me out the plastic Premium

Username: HeyItzAPotato
    Character Name: Taeron Fa'Salor
    Character Application: bonk
    Discord: HeyItzAPotato#5518
    Notable Proficiencies: 20 Greatsword Combat, 17 Shield Combat, 12 Frontline Command, 7 Medical Science

To Alaric Keen,

We spoke briefly in person before the meeting today. I am interested in joining your ranks within your command. I served 15 years in Korbamakora and can use those skills to assist you in any way you may need. As I mentioned before, this is now my home, so I come to you asking for employment if you would have me.

I appreciate your consideration,

Taeron Fa'Salor

15. HeyitsNano

HeyitsNano The Messiah

Accepted.

16. Depressed_Bean

Depressed_Bean

Username: A_Jumping_Bean
    Character Name: Nishi Toyair
    Character Application: Approved Sheet - Nishi Toyair | MassiveCraft Forums
    Discord: You have it
    Notable Proficiencies: Fist Combat
    To Alaric Keen, I am writing because I have taken interest in joining your company, along with the recommendation of Eloi. If you're worried about the quality of my skills, ask both Taeron and Malthor, they'll inform you of my fighting skills. I hope this letter finds you well, signed Nishi Toyair.

• Like Like x 1
  17. HeyitsNano

HeyitsNano The Messiah

Rejected. This is not based on anything negative out of character but some things in roleplay. Feel free to approach Alaric to inquire why.

18. HeyitsNano

HeyitsNano The Messiah

Accepted.

19. Hautee

Hautee average LoL player

Username: Hautee
    Character Name: Simone Playero
    Character Application: https://forums.massivecraft.com/threads/simone-playero.86594/
    Discord: emmaaa#7877
    Notable Proficiencies:
    • +11 Dagger Combat
    • +6 Sorcery
    • +10 Medical Sciences
    • +5 Stealth
    *Had a meeting icly about this*

20. HeyitsNano

HeyitsNano The Messiah

Accepted.

21. leichendame

leichendame Regalian Pioneer

Username: sadgalli
    Character Name: Sascha Blauküste
    Character Application: https://forums.massivecraft.com/threads/sascha-blauküste.81042/#post-945747
    Discord: sadgalli#1091
    Notable Proficiencies: +10 Axe Combat, +10 Medical Science

Herr Keen,
    I am standing directly in front of you as I write this, however I have experience to report. I worked six years as a medic in the area around Calemberg before coming to the city, where I found work with House Weismann and Lucille de Monette's mercenary group. I also ventured into the Clicker nest with a group organized my Camilla Di Caitagna. I am also proficient in the use of axes.
    Spirit bless,
    Sascha Blauküste

22. HeyitsNano

HeyitsNano The Messiah

Accepted.

23. SantaFred

SantaFred

Username: SantaFred
    Character Name: Fredrick Mackith
    Discord: Fredbonicscally#9572
    Notable Proficiencies: N/A

Herr Keen
    As we speak I've had two years of axe combat, 2 years of shield combat, and have guarded many towns in the far north east from different threats of many kind. I'm very loyal and I assure you if you let me in your team I will be a great asset for years to come. I'm also starting to learn how to treat wounds and such. I do hope you let me join you and your comrades.
    -Fredrick Mackith

24. HeyitsNano

HeyitsNano The Messiah

Accepted.

25. Vindbylur

Vindbylur

Username: Vindbylur
    Character Name: Konrad Auer
    Character Application: https://forums.massivecraft.com/threads/konrad-auer.82863/
    Discord: You already have it.
    Notable Proficiencies: Sword Combat & Shielding Combat
    Herr Alaric Keen,

It has been some considerable time since we last spoke, back in the days of the Kreiguard, however I see that you are doing quite well for yourself. I would request to join the ranks of the Ivory Company, as in returning to Regalia, I find myself needing a place to call home once more, and would be honored to find myself in the ranks of your soldiers.

Signed,
    Konrad Auer

• Like Like x 1
  26. HeyitsNano

HeyitsNano The Messiah

Approved.

27. uwuMaple

uwuMaple arf :3

Username: Tsar_Maple
    Character Name: Yao Nil'hund
    Character Application: Boop
    Discord: Maple#1000
    Notable Proficiencies:
    • Swords +20
    • Spears +14
    • General Command +10
    • Frontline Command +10

Greetings to the Grand Obsert Alaric Keen,

I am Yao Nil'hund, and I hope to meet you acquaintance in quick time. My sword yearns to serve under a banner once more, and so, a friend, Taeron, recommended that I inquire with you about joining the Ivory Company. Over my years, I have commanded armies under the flag of the Masayan empire under house Nil'hund. My experiences on the battlefield are far and wide.

My time in Masaya was cut short due to the events of the Songaskian civil war. My house was directly targeted, and eventually fell. I mustered what I could of my father's forces to assist the rightful ruler's claim to the throne. Now, having succeeded, I find myself searching to begin a new chapter in my life with the remnants of my fallen house.

I will warn that my success was not without cost. My father was not the only one to fall the day our house was ambushed - I fell along with him. For reasons I wish I knew, those above decided it was not my time, and so I was granted a second chance at life. I am Archblood. If you would like to inquire more on this in person, I would kindly oblige.

Thank you for your time and your consideration.

- Yao Nil'hund

#27 uwuMaple, Dec 7, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 7, 2020
  28. HeyitsNano

HeyitsNano The Messiah

Accepted.

29. LeadedHornet3

LeadedHornet3 Resident Vampire & Arsonist

Username: Attackfish
    Character Name: Redwing Frost
    Character Application: https://forums.massivecraft.com/threads/redwing-frost.89396/#post-988372
    Discord: -|Hypothermic~Redwing|-#8868
    Notable Proficiencies:

• Sword Combat +15
    • Alchemy Science +8
    • Metallurgy Science +10
    • Fortification Art + 5

Letter to Grand Obsert Alaric Keen:
    I am Redwing Frost, and I have come for the opportunity of protecting a land once again. As of writing this message, I have had 2 years of combat experience in war 3 years ago, to the north. My main weapons at the time were swords, and I often duel wielded. After my enlistment ended, I retreated into the Wilds, and lived the next 2 years practicing blacksmithing, should the time come again that I come of use. Though I do not know where exactly I was, I kept my skills honed by fighting off the foul beasts of the area. Lately, life has become bland, so I came to the city in hope that I would find excitement and adventure. When I heard that your group was recruiting, I wanted to jump at the chance. The war, though filled with memories horrifying, and comforting, I miss those times dearly, and would like to make more of those memories with a similar group. Please consider what I have said, thank you.

#29 LeadedHornet3, Dec 12, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 13, 2020
  30. HeyitsNano

HeyitsNano The Messiah

Accepted. Add me on discord at HeyitsNano#9599

31. LeadedHornet3

LeadedHornet3 Resident Vampire & Arsonist

Request sent.

32. TheSilverSpectre

TheSilverSpectre No, I will not do that for a Klondike bar.

Username: BrandedTripper
    Character Name: Ryder O'Cliste
    Character Application: Here
    Notable Proficiencies: 20 Fist, 5 Blades, 12 Spirit Sorcery, 10 frontline command
    I seek employ in your company as a footman, I am skilled with a blade and a master of hand to hand combat, you'll find my services useful in improving your platoons.

With Respect,
    Ryder O'Cliste
    @HeyitsNano

33. HeyitsNano

HeyitsNano The Messiah

Accepted.

34. Fascizm

Fascizm <Redacted>

Username: Fascizm
    Character Name: Hjalmar Freyl
    Discord: Pm me for it <3
    Sheet: https://forums.massivecraft.com/threads/hjalmar-freyl.89320/
    Notable Proficiencies
    : Flail, Shields, Frontline Command and General Command

Alaric Keen,

My name is Hjalmar Freyl. I reckon I'm one of the heaviest warriors out there. I have been having an itch to use my skills to get work done, whether for myself or the Ivory Company. I eagerly await for your reply on my request to join your forces.

-Hjal

35. HeyitsNano

HeyitsNano The Messiah

Accepted.

36. HeyitsNano

HeyitsNano The Messiah

Accepted due to IC interaction.

37. akusazero

akusazero

Username: Akusazero
    Character Name: Alton Rider
    Character Application: https://forums.massivecraft.com/threads/alton-rider.89894/
    Discord: You got it, chief
    Notable Proficiencies: Sword, Crossbow, and Pathfinding.

The letter is sealed with a bit of sealing wax and a beautiful wax stamp, handwriting practically perfect. The writing?... Bittersweet, it seems.
    Alaric Keen,
    I could not think of a reason why you would approach me with this offer. Our ideals have clashed harshly upon occasion, so you may imagine my shock at the preposition you offered me. However, I am here- I suppose I have no room to be gawking.
    My adept nature in the sword arts and a crossbow are not to scoff at, and I can navigate natural landscapes like second nature. While I may not have the Military experience your Ivories usually have, I am honest and won't hold my thoughts from you if you ask for them. I fight valiantly, and I would to my last breath for a cause I believe in. Let us both hope your commands continue to be reasonable, and you protect your Ivories as I will. Thank you for your offer, May you grow to regret it as little as possible.

Begrudgingly at your Service, Alton Rider of the Bloodcast Order

• Like Like x 1
    #37 akusazero, Jan 6, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 6, 2021
  38. HeyitsNano

HeyitsNano The Messiah

Accepted.

39. akusazero

akusazero

May you regret this decision only slightly.

• Powerful Powerful x 2
  40. Blackfiish

Blackfiish british gremlin Supremium

Username: Blackfiish
    Character Name: Dries van Aken
    Character Application: https://forums.massivecraft.com/threads/dries-van-aken.89995/
    Notable Proficiencies: Sword, Shielding, Heavy Bow
    Alaric Keen,
    I have recently arrived in the city and am an experienced mercenary and soldier, so you should probably let me in. If you don't you simply confirm what we already knew that you are a massive nerd.
    Cheers, all the best,
    Dries van Aken

• Immersive Immersive x 1